Your thoughts on Adult Swim

Your thoughts on Adult Swim

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ep65rr-9qjQ
cartoonbrew.com/business/boomerang-is-dead-long-live-boomerang-104510.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

All in all, good guys who've done good work.

Truly, they were an Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

I still miss just being able to turn on CN and watch Tom and Jerry all night instead of that stoner garbage.

Metalocalypse was pretty good

Lost all respect for them after cancelling World Peace for purely (non-)political reasons

It needs to start earlier and they need to stop playing the fucking Cleaveland show and Family Guy. American dad is enough

The people up at Time Warner cancelled the show, not Adult Swim. Adult Swim wanted more seasons but Time Warner got cold feet because of the political climate. So they pulled it. Even Sam Hyde has stated before that Adult Swim didn't cancel his show. Jesus, you MDE faggots can't their facts straight.

They saved Samurai Jack and I really appreciate that.

They've made some terrible shows and choices from time to time, especially in the last couple of years. However the good that they have done outweighs the bad. The have made some exceptional and experimental programing that would had never existed in any other network and shows like Moral Orel and The Venture Bros rank as some of the greatest animated series ever made in my opinion.

Adult Swim is already going the way of MTV except without the iconic footprint on youth culture

Are they still high on live shit?

I haven't watched Adult Swim since 2012, when they were high on that Children's Hospital show and Eagleheart and Tim and Eric. Hated that shit.

I can't find a torrent for this anywhere. I only got to watch a few episodes before it went away forever.

It's not even close to being as bad as MTV in its current state and lot of their early 2000's programing is very iconic for the group of people who grew up in that era.

I appreciate the experimental stuff they've done with animated shows that most networks probably wouldn't have been able to (until Netflix came along [as] was the only place I can imagine seeing shows like Moral Orel, Metalocalypse, etc. outside of maybe comedy central). Still its gotten a bit shit

I respect them for being so open to experimentation, which, while sometimes having mixed results, has broken a lot of barriers in animation.

better than CN currently

The whole series is on Piratebay with a healthy amount of seeds. I actually downloaded the whole thing the other day.

Adult Swim fails more often than it succeeds. However, when they succeed they do well but seemingly manage to shoot themselves in the foot at some point.

When new content isn't being aired they run what they have into the ground but I can't fully blame them for that.

When animation started taking a backseat I started losing interest but they've done more than most networks.

not Sup Forums, fuck off to your containment board

I WISH THIS SHIT EXISTED ON MY COUNTRY

>NO [AS]
>NO TOONAMI

South America got the short end of the stick, here on Brazil the dubs were amazing. Hell, some even better than the original.

I dunno what they are going to do with Samurai Jack new season, there is no way that they wont show it.

On the good side, the schedules arent so fucked up.

Really? I must have looked at a fucked time or something.

Thanks user. I really appreciate it.

That's why I said "going the way of". In 5 years from now or less you're going to wonder how ANYONE watches [as] anymore.

The whole underground & experimental atmosphere they cultivated has long been replaced with a sleek corporate outlook that will, like MTV in their chase to pander to their bread & butter demographic, will end up losing it.

Adult Swim still exists in South America. It's in a shitty obscure channel, though.

Give me a fucking break South America. You don't even know how it is in Eastern Europe.

EARLIER?

It already took CN's primetime slot!

Alright I see what you mean. Some of their more popular stuff right now like The Eric Andre Show and Rick and Morty still has some of the aspects that I loved from Adult Swim since it's incarnation but they seriously need to stop with the 4 to 5 hours of Fox show reruns. Before it was only an hour to an hour and a half tops. Now I have to wait several hours to actually watch some Adult Swim originals and when they do air some their originals, a lot of the time is only their super popular shows like Aqua Teen and Robot Chicken.

Moral Orel is easily among the top 3 best

I cri err time

Family Guy ruined them.

What's their best program?

maybe it can take all of cn

Current or all-time?

I would pay money- actual factual dollar bills- for a service that just streamed Adult Swim shows interspersed with the bumps.

They play the reruns of Supermansion, so that's pretty awesome. Not sure if I would have bothered to find out about it otherwise.

Tim and Eric is probably the only live action original program that eventually grew on me. Even then, I wouldn't say that it is a good show, just something that became a guilty pleasure.
But you're right, those were shit-tier shows.

Not ALL of the live action shows were bad.

Wait, shit, Darkplace and Mighty Boosh were UK shows they bought the rights to, nevermind.

Samurai Jack

Would it kill them to throw some more money to Jackson Publick so that they could maybe release a season of The Venture Bros in less than a fucking decade?!
Also, Titan Maximum was a surprisingly decent show that they just let go forgotten.

titan maximum was ass. epitome of crass adolescent humor

All time

Venture Bros is something Jackson want's to take his time on so it's good
It's a love project

Honestly even if they doubled the budget I don't know that it would change much, since they seem dead-set on doing so much of it themselves.

Moral Orel and The Venture Bros will always be their best. From a writting and quality stand point none of their other shows come close to those two.

I would fucking love that.

Shit most of the time but shows like Venture Bros,Black Dynamite,Rick and Morty ,Moral Oral make you keep watching.

Seriously, I would pay 10 bucks a month to just have a constant stream of Futurama/Moral Orel/old Family Guy/King of the Hill/ATHF/Squidbillies/etc with "All Times and Music Eastern" thrown in for grins between shows

I feel ya, user. Hell, does Boomerang even show cartoons made before 1990 anymore? Last I checked they play fucking Dexter's Lab.

Anyone else go to sleep after watching an episode of Sealab 2021, and then wake up and see Sealab 2020 on TV and wonder what the hell's going on?

I'm still waiting for Season 3 of Black Jesus.

>shitty obscure channel

I.Sat is fucking great I'll fight you

That's actually one of the funniest lines from the show. It's a shame it was used on a mediocre episode.

I still have to get around to watching most of that. Definitely one of the better live action shows of the past 7 years.

>Aqua Teen Hunger Force is officially dead.

Fuck. That was literally my favorite show and I've seen nothing to fill the void. Why did it have to die?

A former shell of itself that has slowly engulfed the primetime slot for no legitimate reason

[as] started showing up on iSat but they only show Rick and Morty or the Boondocks.

Last I checked, they were playing Teen Titans GO!

[as] used to be on the weekends in Chile, when I moved to the states it was weird how it was on every day of the week.

...because it had been airing for nearly 15 years?

>all the people in this thread not answering Harvey Birdman

Brazillian here, i used to fucking love adult swim, shit was cash in brazil. Sadly that retarded ass politician took it away for a long while and now it is irrelevant.

Fuck our , holly shit.

Simpsons is still airing and so is South Park. ATHF was the same for AS. Just because it airs for a long time, doesn't mean it needs to be killed you dumb faggot. If it's still doing well and making money, there's no reason to kill it off. The new director is just a big faggot about it because he wanted "a new direction" which apparently means he wants to display reruns of all Fox's stuff.

South Park has the benefit of a fast turnaround letting every episode be very topical, and most everyone agrees that Simpsons needed to die years ago.

I'd rather have something die with dignity after 15 seasons than have an additional 15 seasons of trash.

I love that line but I honestly don't understand what makes it so great.

>World Peace
fuck off with you're edge lord shit.

Great fun during it's early run to 05.

Nowadays rarely watch it anymore

Be honest was it even all that funny? Even the adult swim reddit complains about this show so I really am curious.

I'm more of a fan of their streaming shows and their classic shows than what they air on TV now.

Never before has anyone succeeded or failed as hard or as often in the world of animation.

Well, that's one opinion.

No, not really. Doesn't help that Sam Hyde looks and acts like an even more uncharismatic Doug Walker, so I couldn't help but look at him as a lamer Nostalgia Critic.

In my opinion, Aqua Teen and Venture bros.

I have a soft spot for Superjail but I wouldn't put it anywhere near the best they've made.

Yes

It's making fun of those times in movies where they clumsily try to force in the title of the movie in a line of dialogue to try and sound meaningful.

I figured. I just think people want it back to prove a statement.

Their run from 2001 to around 2008 was pretty fucking great. After that was when they Mike Laszlo started to lose his fucking mind and started making bad decision after bad decision.

Used to be open to shows with really good ideas, but now Family Guy and uninspired stoner humor are their bread and butter. But with that being said, I'll be reluctantly be watching Samurai Jack when it airs. But that's the last time I'll be watching anything on Adult Swim.

I agree with this.

Though i'd say writing wise, Xavier is really high up there because the wordplay and shit in that show was amazing.

here. By streaming shows, I mean shows like Bloodfeast and FishCenter Live.

I wouldn't put it next to the definitive best shows from the network but I would put Superjail in their top 10 for sure.

i'd love to have another season of spaceghost or harvey birdman, both should have plenty of new material now.

Dont they have literally that on their website?

Glad I'm not the only person around who has a fondness for Xavier: Renegade Angel. That had some of the most brilliant dialogue I've seen come out of an animate show.

I thought the show was too weird when it first came out. A few years later and me getting older and now I realize how fucking good that show was.

>Xavier
All those puns man. It was like watching the lovechild of Shakespeare and Joyce.

>Xavier [to Xavier]:If you love soup so much, why don't you marry soup?
>Xavier [to Xavier]:cause I'm already married. To justice.
>Xavier [to Xavier]:Yeah. Only a blind girl would marry you.

Also
>I'll smuggle you to heaven, via the underbrown maleroad.

Honestly, shows like it bothered me until I started smoking weed. Suddenly lots of things stopped pissing me off and I could begin enjoying things.
Not to sound like some kind of loser stoner, but it's nice not being the douchebag who tells his friends why everything sucks.

>Xavier: I need some of that disease you guys invented.
>Soldier: Crack?
>Xavier: The other one.
>Solider: AIDS?
>Xavier: That's the spice.

Why is Gabe Newell rubbing Birdo?

I'm still pissed they removed it on our CN broadcast, and now they broadcast the new shows on a literally-what channel that no big satellite/cable providers have

he also physically and sexually abused a 16-year-old fan

>great news apes, adult swim is back in Brazil!
>nice
>on TBS where it only broadcasts old shows from 2005 and the new ones are on a channel nobody knows

fuck that

I like their focus on adult animation. Sealab has to my favorite show from them.

I have never heard of any show called World Peace. I could Google it, but I guess I'll ask here first: WTF?

Your show wasnt funny Sam, fuck off

Korgath of Barbaria

youtube.com/watch?v=ep65rr-9qjQ

Thank head of Turner Broadcasting for that

cartoonbrew.com/business/boomerang-is-dead-long-live-boomerang-104510.html

I was wondering why Adult Swim doesn't take this opportunity to pick up the license to produce new Futurama episodes. Matt Groening has said he would like to continue the series after its Comedy Central run, he just needs a network to pick it up. Otherwise, we could be looking at some more straight-to-DVD stuff in the future.

I don't think they have the money for that.

Or Sealab

You can watch [as] on TBS for old stuff and I.Sat for new stuff. Yeah, it's shit.