ST:D

ST:D

The Mushroom Drive

My roomie told me about it today and I did not believe him. He made me google it. Imagine my bamboozlement.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=icf_E4VVzzo&lc=z22rwfljjmibxl5qx04t1aokgpb5ans1z2coy2rtzeltbk0h00410.1510875545380654
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>not the Prime timeline
what's this all about?

STD is supposed to be 10 years before TOS, but there's a Mushroom drive that brings you instantaneously to any point in the universe. It will be forgotten about 9 years later and never talked about again.

>but there's a Mushroom drive that brings you instantaneously to any point in the universe. It will be forgotten about 9 years later and never talked about again.

wut...

Oh. I thought it was going to be a bait & switch type thing, where they made everyone think it was Prime timeline, but then it revealed that it's actually an alternate thing, and there'd be a plot surrounding all that.

I might've tuned in for that.

youtube.com/watch?v=icf_E4VVzzo&lc=z22rwfljjmibxl5qx04t1aokgpb5ans1z2coy2rtzeltbk0h00410.1510875545380654
STD sucks.

How is that knife cutting though with it so dull?

It's even Canon now.

Imagine that.

emos are soft like butter

>Idon'tbelieveyou.gif
Sure thing buddy. Mind you it's not as bad as people trying to claim it's got f-bombs and nude sex scenes in now.
I don't care if folks just don't happen to like the show, or even if it's genuinely crap. But the level of bullshit I'm hearing people trying to meme around the show is just silly now.
We'll get around to watching or not watching Discovery in our own damn time. Stop being so desperate to get others to hate it before they've even seen it.

i dont get what is cannon though? they cultivated mushrooms? what does this have to do with proving or disproving timelines?

No by any means GO SEE IT!

I don't want people to not see it. I WANT people to see it.

Please, go watch STD! All nine episodes. Then come back here.

If you ever liked any star trek in the past, you need to drop what you are doing and go watch it right now. Then come back here.

>Please, go watch STD! All nine episodes.

no thanks, i dont want any STD`s. especially aids, from all the niggers in this show.

To be honest, I thought the whole alternate universe chat was hinting that this isn't the prime timeline. But I didn't consider the mirror universe at the time.

I really hope it's the former though. This shit ain't make no sense. I like the show, but Klingons looking totally different still fucks me off.

>If you ever liked any star trek in the past, you need to drop what you are doing and go watch it right now

holy fuck this has to be a paid shill. std is nothing like other star trek shows, maybe the last 2 movie reboots. but not the shows. it fucking sucks and theres no saving it.

>It will be forgotten about 9 years later and never talked about again.
nor should it be, fuck sjw's attempting appropriate psychedelics for their fag show

It's canon because it is an official "Star Trek" series.

Roddenberry would have never approved, but he's dead now so we can do shit about it?

Everyone with enough cash can do a Star Trek series now. It's not like there's a conscious, responsible person who is managing his legacy like Christopher Tolkien did with tLotR..

It's almost as if the Spore Drive is fatally flawed and it's use unsustainable

It's almost as if every time they use it, it's flaws become more apparent.

Yes, I 100% agree.
(So why did you quote me like that?)

>It's not like there's a conscious, responsible person who is managing his legacy like Christopher Tolkien did with tLotR..

>what is le lord of duh rings amazon nigger series

Roddenberry was kicked out of the franchise because his ideas were shit

Literally nobody should care about what he would or would not have approved of

>what is le lord of duh rings amazon nigger series

Which was announced literally microseconds after Christopher said he wasn't managing the Tolkien Estate anymore

Im 3 episodes in its much better than I expected, some stuff is really shitty and its much closer to the reboot films than any of the other trek shows

Hoo boy

Roddenberry laid the foundation to TNG which was carried on to DS9 and partially to VOY.

"The Orville" is a bad comedy (no, a guy and his ex-wife bitching at each other is not comedy) homage to Star Trek by the Family Guy author and STILL it feels more Star Trek than STD.

Just imagine. A badly executed parody of TNG is still better than STD.

At this point I would even welcome ENT.

Also I hope we get a half-decent Beren and Luthien saga.

>Which was announced literally microseconds after Christopher said he wasn't managing the Tolkien Estate anymore

>dealings in the matter of tv shows,etc are decided and announced in microseconds

these things take years retard

>intergalactic weaponized cuckoldry

it's the kelvin timeline so none of this is canon

Nope.

>it's the kelvin timeline so none of this is canon

for you, perhaps

News broke yesterday that Christopher Tolkien "resigned" from his chairmanship back in August hence the announcement of a new LoTR TV series. He would never have agreed to it if he was still in control

>it takes 4 months to make a deal that big and not years
>some properties can take decades but this one was done in under 4(four) months

c`mon kiddo stop sucking Christopher Tolkiens cock faggot.

Yeah the guy would never have allowed an adaption of LOTR

What?

>what is the hobbit trilogy

butt but butt he only makes le perfect use of tolkiens legacy right?

It's not. It's another botched timeline, but you cannot fault JJ for this one.

You realize he tried to stop Jackson from raping his father's legacy. He tried.

There's some scientist guy who took mushrooms once and saw dead cows or something in a vision, then a week later the vision became true. He then concluded he entered another dimension physically I guess. Long story short, the STD writers heard of the guy and used him as scientific advisor and boom! mushroom drive.