Dredd thread

Dredd thread
What are your favourite storylines or single progs?
Who is best girl?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pKnkYPPkdN4
pastebin.com/e9KAk3SM
mediafire.com/folder/70a6k8beot4i7
mediafire.com/folder/a9xd39hhb2c29
megacitybookclub.blogspot.com.ar/2016/10/mega-city-book-club-16-judge-child-quest.html
youtu.be/JXBFG2vsyCM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mcgruder

> it won't stop me from still thinking it.

>those kneepads
Woah boy im thinking it

When Anderson hanged herself :)

The gal that is the sheriff in some planet.

She got better

Best girl is Lady Law.

Completely objective Dredd girls power ranking

I'm not gonna argue with that logic.

We had this thread a coupla days ago, ffs

Because OBVIOUSLY the Justice Department would issue bikinis! Also, Staz "Def Leopard" Johnson

Prove to me that none of you are secretly Judge user?

Where does Inaba fall?

>best girl
>anyone who takes their fucking helmet off
>not all the unnamed or one-time only background Judges with their masked faces, curvy bodies and full, dark lips
Bunch of drokking plebs, all of you.

I've only read a few odd issues from the Eagle comics line.

Marshal Metta Lawson
Good choice

Dredd related but also Sup Forums related
Rogue Trooper is being remastered for the new generation, maybe we'll get Dredd vs Death remastered too

youtube.com/watch?v=pKnkYPPkdN4

I'm not, I just use Hershey images to get him to come into threads.
It works with anyone with a bobcut

>girls with helmets always on
10/10 taste

That's neat I guess but I'd really rather have a new game than a recycled one

The day the law died and America. Also the one where Dredd takes a cross country trip

She always does.

This is actually the law.

Best judge

I want Judge Hershey to stare disdainfully at my dick

Actual, literal best girl is America Beeny.

>Fav mega epic
Apocalypse War
>Fav milk to part story
Mandroid
>Fav one off
It pays to be mental

>best girl
Psi Judge Karryn

Anderson

>Psi Judge Karryn
This is the hipster choice of Judge waifu BTW.

Trinity

How does one read this story? I heard it was great but have no idea what it is or where it was published.

Tasty.

Megazine.

How good is the IDW Dredd comics?

Not great.

>not wanting her to sit on your face without giving you a second thought

I love Anderson, not Hershey. That alone is evidence enough for me to prove my innocence.

Good taste.

Sexual conduct with a judge is illegal user.

I didn't say it was sexual.

If Judge Dredd dies, would he be Deadd?

When Judge Dredd goes to sleep, would it be in a Bedd?

If Judge Dredd gets a blowjob, would be get getting Hedd?

If Judge Dredd was a Yurpoor, would he pronounce "Z" as Zedd?

When Judge Dredd shoots up bad guys, does he say "Eat hot Ledd"?

If Judge Dredd went to his mommy's house and ate her dinner, would he had been Fedd?

If Judge Dreed blushes, would his face turn Redd?

If Judge Dredd is married to the law, would that make him already Wedd?

Worth it.

If movie synergy is real, can we assume Anderson is bisexual?

More like psisexual.

Would it even matter if sex between and with Judges is illegal?

The Pit.
Low Life.
The Simping Detective.
Trifecta.

Read 'em, creep.

Also; Galen DeMarco best girl.

DeMarco got away with it with Dredd as her sector chief. Can only assume hundreds upon hundreds of others do too.

>implying Anderson lezzed it up Karyn, Shakti and Juliet November
wew lad

>implying they didn't just do it in their heads

pastebin.com/e9KAk3SM
reposting user's gud fic

thats a pretty weird fetish

Is it, though?

Facesitting? no
Being turned into a chair? Yes.

It isn't being turned into a chair, just used as one!

see it would agree with you if it wasn't for the whole "Put into a state of suspended animation where you cant eat, drink, or breathe" part of the story

Ah, Jason fucking Brashill....wonder what he's doing now...I saw a graffitti piece by him YEARS ago (whilst he was still a comic artist)...probably concept art like the rest of the "we just want to make pretty pin-ups" crew...well, take the money, sorry Jase comics don't need you back. Fuck he should never have been given access to paints in the first place. That's the problem with all those post-Bisley "painters"--they never learned to draw "properly" in terms of mainstream artwork (well, Bisley couldn't draw "properly" to save his life, the ABC Warriors and Slaine draftsmanship is fucking awful for the most part). All the (early) 80's artists went to DC. All the 90's artists (bar a few) went into concept art. I have zero respect for that, fucking prostitutes, man.

thats a bad fic.

this is a bad post, but at least it's not as bad as

That's a fucking honour on here, thanks user

Excuse me queers, pleb coming through.
Never read a plain Dredd comic except for that Christmas story that got storytimed this year. I read Alien vs Predator vs Dredd though, and that shit was amazing.

Anything that arthur ranson drew. Can anyone tell me some trades I could pick up that have a lot of Ranson in them? I only own Anderson Psi Files Vol. 4

naw man, face sitting is good.
Human chair is sonic deviant-art tier

Bisley was by no means a bad artist, even if his style is as peculiarly 90s as someone like Liefeld. It's just what was popular - possibly because he was doing fully-painted stuff at a time when Brit comics were mainly still four-colour and linework. You're right, though, there's definitely something off about Brashill's stuff - and not just that it was printed on the wrong paper/using the wrong process like Bisley's (apparently the scanning/reproduction wasn't a good match, so everything came out muddy and poorly defined - but still, Bisley's compositions seem to be sharper than Brashill's, if only because so many of them hearken to memorable Frazetta pieces).

They could undoubtedly draw (personally I'd rate either of them in 2000AD over Calum Alexander Watt's weird squash-head stuff from '96 or so, like RAM Raiders), they were just drawing an interpretation of the circus comics as a whole had become, and like all artists, sticking to deadlines and what they felt their rate deserved.

Brashill seems to have gotten out of comics and into dev work for computer games (per IMDB, Portal, Half-Life 2, Left 4 Dead) in addition to providing art for Spaced (and Paul, presumably, since he got a special thanks in the credits). It's quite a common story for Brit comics artists - the market is so small, if you don't get work with the US publishers, you're likely to end up doing design work or concept work, on a freelance basis unless you can find a rocking horse to shit on you. His LinkedIn says he's probably free this summer; he's got Photoshop and (some) Max skills, in addition to his traditional illustration skills.

He did X-Factor in the 90s, I think.

Button Man for definite; Mazeworld I've heard good things about, but it was kind of meandering at first and I never bothered after the first run. Always meant to go back to it.

I'm trying to start reading Dredd by going through the case files. some of the advice I've been given is to skip directly to Case Files number five. Is this pleb advice? I don't want to read 1500 pages of comics if it's just worth skipping to five.

Why would you skip anything? Dredd is pretty consistently good, the early stuff tends to just lean more towards cheesy fun instead of dead seriousness or black humor.

Glad to hear - I was reading articles about getting started and they all said to skip 1-4 but then I looked at the writing credits and they included Pat Mills so I got suspicious.

Thanks user.

>You will never get to lick her boot clean
>Or any other part of her

The fact that that is a picture of Anderson with a Hershey head awkwardly stapled on should've been clue enough.

>pastebin.com/e9KAk3SM
>Someone posted my fic
I was looking for an excuse to do that

Most of mine are

Couldn't think of a better way to mix judge style punishments and facesitting

As for favorite stories:
- Judge Child Quest (did a podcast on it and all)
- Apocalypse War
- Revolution
- Necropolis (and The Dead Man before it)
- America
- The whole Origins - Tour of Duty - Day of Chaos sequence

And a bunch of smaller done in ones like Block Court, Bury my Knee at Wounded Heart, The Man Who Knew Too Much, the one about the secret garden...

>8 counts of whimsical slander against a Judge
>distributing unsolicited puns without a license
Hope you've had enough "laughs" to last you 64 years in the iso cubes, CREEP.

Button Man, Mazeworld, and volumes 2-4 of the Judge Anderson Psi Files.

Mazeworld definitely picks up as it goes on.

>- Judge Child Quest (did a podcast on it and all)
Link?

Second this.

IDW Dredd is just a pale imitation of real Dredd. Get your hands on some casefiles and set your thrill buffers to maximum because the real thing will blow your mind

>Judge Child Quest
I never get why this is liked so much.
Different tastes i guess

Same here, it's all over the fucking place.

Helmet girls are best girls

best girl

mediafire.com/folder/70a6k8beot4i7

Complete folder:
mediafire.com/folder/a9xd39hhb2c29

She was supposed to be a long walk retiree, but the only concession they made to that was to give her gray hair

Oh well, can't complain. *unzips*

megacitybookclub.blogspot.com.ar/2016/10/mega-city-book-club-16-judge-child-quest.html

It's definitely all over the place and it loses a lot of steam once they get to Xanadu, but I really enjoy how it expands on the universe and lets artists like Smith and McMahon go nuts with shit like Murd the Necromancer, the Hungry Planet and the War World. Plus, the ending is one of my all-time favorite Dredd moments. It really made me reconsider the character as a whole.

Nothing quite as hot as helmeted judges where you can see just a tiny hint of hair peeking from underneath.

Oh shit yeah Murd rules and you're right that it showcases some absolutely gorgeous artwork from some of the best in the biz. Maybe I should re-read it. Btw when you say Smith and McMahon do you mean Ron Smith? I totally forgot he drew part of T.J.C.Q....I really should buy the Rebellion Dredd reprints. Boxes full of progs in my attic going back to '86, all the monthlies, loads of Megazines...they're not bagged, though. Sad face. Gonna go up there one day and take a long trip down memory lane

youtu.be/JXBFG2vsyCM

Yep, Ron Smith. Dude's pretty underrated and overlooked in favor of guys like McMahon and Bolland, but when you take the time to really look at the effort he puts into his crowds and how smooth his action is, he really starts to shine.
It's such a shame that after all the weird worlds and alien motherfuckers on sight, Xanadu itself is just another western town. Even if it does pick up a bit when they get to the Grunwalder's kingdom, the idea of a robot country isn't explored nearly enough.
Also, ooof, that sounds like a helluva collection! Here's hoping they're still readable!

I never realized Judge user has such a sexy accent

>I'm from Buenos Aires and I say wife em all

Yeah, I agree with your points totally, I just never liked his style. Nothing I can really put my finger on as a (wannabe) cartoonist myself, I never HATED him, or even really disliked his work, he just wasn't my favourite. Are you a Britbong by any chance? If so just wondering if you're old enough to remember the Dredd strip he did for (I wanna say The Sun) newspaper...pretty sure it's all been collected...heh I can't have disliked him THAT much, I cut it out and scrapbooked it for fucking ages (coming from a "working class" family we usedta get The Sun)!

Btw that splash page is dope af

Not a britbong, but yeah, I know of the Daily Star. Read them when they were reprinted in the Megazine, back in the "We Have No Budget" days of the late 90s. They've actually recently been collected in a gorgeous hardcover, and there's a volume 2 on the works with all the Ian Gibson stuff that came afterwards. Funny story: a lot of the strips were lost to time, so 2000AD contacted fans like you who had scrapbooks or even the original art to try and find the best possible copies of the missing strips!
As for Smith, I think his problem is that he's not as immediately "cool" as McMahon, Ezquerra or Bolland. Compared to them, his art feels very classic and even old fashioned at first look. But the more you look at it, it's crazy how much dynamism and variety there is to his figures.

Also, his Dredd close-ups are hilarious. It's like Dredd as played by William Shatner. Such drama.

Dredd animorph when

The Star, beg your pardon--and it was my Grandparents who bought the paper. Do you know what I think it was about smith that made me not care as much about him--his inking.
Didn't know those strips were reprinted in The Megazine. Started buying Toothy again in 2001 but never went back to the Megazine much. Stopped buying 2000AD in about 2006, I see it's going through a fecund period at the moment so I keep saying I need to start buying it again! That's funny about them putting out a call for fans, never heard that, still got that scrapbook somewhere, though....

>where you can see just a tiny hint of hair peeking from underneath.
NO
HELMET ONLY OR BUST

You need a slight hint to know the hair is there
It's like lingerie man, it's serves to tease you about what is underneath

I don't need to know the hair is there, though. I don't care if she's bald or has a high and tight, the lips alone do it for me.

Bad taste imho

That's pretty rude, dude.