What does Sup Forums think about film school? Worth it or no? Been thinking of applying to one for a while now

What does Sup Forums think about film school? Worth it or no? Been thinking of applying to one for a while now.

Don't go to film school, go to flicks.

I prefer going to films.

head to movies

Waste of time and money unless you
A) Are a Jew
B) Have serious connections in Hollywood
C) Are very attractive and willing to get fucked by fat, old, Jewish executives.

go to the gym instead

how much are they willing to flex on the attractive part if i'm really eager to get fucked by fat, old jewish executives?

if your parents are rich and willing to support you through the struggling years, sure.

You'll have to be extremely talented and you're gonna have to suck cock like a madman, but it's definitely possible. Look at actors like Steve Buscemi and John C. Reily for inspiration.

The only important thing you learn in film school is how films aren't made. The rest is starfucking and politics which never progress past what they were in high school. That's the musician's lot. It doesn't have to be yours. Go get the experiences you need to have something interesting to say, and learn how to say them right for the love of God, or you'll never be more than just another cocksucker exhibiting the ability to talk.

What if you're just interested in camera work and things like that? Do you still have to suck jewish cock to even get anywhere near the big flicks?

Not one good film maker actually went to film school

If you have an iphone and a pirated copy of adobe premier you're pretty good to go on making movies.

Over time this running joke has grown on me. This one is pure gold.

Is this shopped?

too much theory not enough practice

working on any real movie set will teach you more about filmmaking than any book

Books and theory are good too, don't get me wrong, some are essential even, but it's not the same in terms of personal technical growth.

go to kino school instead, it's more expensive but you'll thank me later.

>Going to college
>2017

I took a few film courses at UCLA. The instruction is great, but your fellow students will either be drooling retard normies or trust-fund hipsters. There's little in-between.

I will never forget a film studies class I went to where we were all watching the opening of 2001 and a guy heckles the movie saying "This is supposed to impress me? I could shoot this with a tripod!"

Based nolan

>iphone

>Not buying a glorious Canon video camera for $100

If you enjoy dealing with the bullshit drama and ass kissing of high-school tier politics thane film school is for you. I was a grip for a decade and I all but had to guzzle the union bosses cum just to even ask about operating a jib. Everybody you meet will be a piece of shit either to your face or on twitter/instagram. Save your money and just make short films with your friends