Why doesn't the Empty Hand host a multiverse fighting tournament, where the losing universe will be destroyed forever?

Why doesn't the Empty Hand host a multiverse fighting tournament, where the losing universe will be destroyed forever?

Which heroes and villains of the DC multiverse would like to so fight on behalf of their universe's team?

Because he can just use the entire multiverse to satisfy his hunger instead.

Because Countdown: Arena sucked.

Because Morrison still hasn't finished Mortal Kombat X on peyote yet

He already did in other companies. In other comics. He is corruption and he has already won.

What the hold Injustice 2 thing going on, why not spread it throughout the DCMV. Every universe goes to war with the other, and the string are all being pulled by the empty hand.

Keeping a close eye on this thread.

Plz, Morrison would be on A LOT more than that, while holding his breath, then dieing, then being saved by superman, then wake up in a universe where he had already writen it!

Empty Hand is so much better than Manhattan. He hit better in Rebirth as a omni villain but Warner wan't push Manhattan everywhere.

>what is Countdown: Arena

At times I wonder if Multiversity is Morrison's autobiography from another timeline

because no one in the big 2 can do hand to hand combat between super people if their lives depended on it, the last good brawl I read was Prime vs Ion back in the sinestro war

I guess, we can get no satisfaction...

>multiverse fighting tournament
That was literally Convergence.
And Countdown Arena.
And probably something else too.

How would Goku and the others handle EH and the Gentry? Punch them like black Superman?

Because the idea of an abstract deity limiting itself to the constructs of mortal life as human beings understand it is dumb as shit

Look, if you want to do this right, tell us the limits and rulre first.

How many participants per Universe?

Any limits or special rules?

C'mon!

I had an idea similar to this, except instead of combat to determine whose universe survives, the heroes and villains would be trapped in an endless gladiatorial arena, forced to fight and unable to die, while EH and the Gentry use the energies they release during combat to fuel the Oblivion Machine. Ultimately the characters must all work together to cheat the system and escape, in the process impressing the Empty Hand enough that he grants them a reprieve, reasoning that they're more interesting running around the multiverse having adventures than simply serving as fuel for their own demise.

Not that user, but how about teams of five per universe. The fights are either to the death or until one combatant can no longer fight. In the ring/arena anything goes. Keeping with OP, the losers and their universe is erased for good. No reboot.

That sounds pretty interesting, actually.

If I wasn't at work, I'd put up a few teams...darn tye luck.

Well, Gleason IS working on Superman currently...

The concept of the Empty Hand should have never been approved, because for it to work, it assumes that everyone who reads comics is right-handed and and all comics are read from left-to-right.

Now that you're aware of this, you realize that the idea is fucking retarded.

You're kind of misusing the point. It's just the personification for the hunger for more stories.

comics ripping off movie visuals again, matrix revolutions, rain, shock waves through rain, even a bunch of shit lined up like it's a bunch of Smiths

god damn comics suck

See it's still wrong because most stories that exist are spoken, not written.

If anything, it should be a voiceless mouth, an empty brain, or something else. For it to be comic books, specifically western comic books strikes me as simply masturbatory on the part of the guy who thought it up.