How would Amazon handle this scene?

How would Amazon handle this scene?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sbFSVh1mmiw
youtube.com/watch?v=SRFWYpuQHt8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

WE GON KILL DEEZ NIGGAS OR WHAT?

DEBT!

that scene would be cut and replaced by an emotional close-up appeal from an easterling nigress to the white gondorian invaders to stop raping her children

this isnt even overexaggerated, I bet they put in how Gondor is oppressing the easterlings and that's how Sauron was able to turn em

Has Amazon ever made a show or movie that's worthwhile? I've looked and haven't found anything worth watching.

BIX NOOD!

Definitely a better track record than Netflix

They would skip it entirely. Later, two minor characters will discuss it over a pint of ale

Goliath, Man in the high castle, Fleabag

The Tick

The stupid thing is how the Easterlings and Haradrim are actually depicted as honourable Men in Tolkien's books.

In the Battle before the Black Gate, when Sauron was finally destroyed by Gollum and Frodo playing wrestling, the Orcs and creatures of the Dark fled, but the Easterlings and Haradrim actually fought on bravely despite being overwhelmed by the Men of the West. It was not until Aragorn called a ceasefire that they stopped.

Aragorn then promised peace to the Easterlings and Haradrim, and that all of them would be free to go back home after helping out in repairing Minas Tirith. This resulted in a new age of peace between the Men of the West and the Men of the East and of the South.

as long as the story gets told in good fashion, why does character race matter??

lol stupid gook police tryin to look kool with we wuz romans n shiet tactics
cum to amerika big boi and taste my lead, i betcha dun feel so tuff rite now with your fancy ass shields and your fancy ass sticks mutherfuker

i like their pageantry

youtube.com/watch?v=sbFSVh1mmiw

It would be 20 guys wearing spray painted cardboard armor on retired race horses. The camera will only close zoom the real actors while Command & Conquer tier CG will be used for the zoom out scene. Theoden will quip Ride on, get em, horseys! And the Rohirrim will cheer Yeeehaw!

I thought the joke was they didn't just go around

because Sup Forumsfags

also where can i play that game

that isnt necessarily a depiction of honor, rabid dogs also keep fighting in their delusion and insanity
too lazy to find an online book pdf to confirm

right before the charge, a deus ex will come in and wipe out the entire enemy forces to ensure no conflict happens
probably a female character that uses some bullshit magic

it's not that simple my dude. the second line can fan out quickly, and the line in the very back is to catch anyone who tries to rush around the sides. it works

Badly

>Tell me, Eowyn. Do you happen to have some orange slices with you?

it was a mod some guy on VP linked to, with pop star divas as Pokemon Gym Leaders...

i don't know were to get the game. sorry user i just kept a few screen shots from the thread

Read the books. Tolkien depicts them in a "regretfully corrupted by Evil" way. The East is especially mentioned to be a "proud" race of Men as per passages in Unfinished Tales and Sell-a-Million.

Once Sauron is no more they actually kept to their honour code and maintained peace with the West.

I'm too lazy to look it up but didn't Mad TV make some LOTR skis where everyone was black

fuckin kek

*skits

Goliath is dope. Has Billy Bob Thornton.

Hand of God with Ron Perlman has an awesome first season.

I'm three episodes into the Tick and it is decent

>Theoden gives speech
>Army starts to charge
>Fade to black (not the song)
>15 minute commercial
>No budget, opposing army is defeated, we didnt get to see it
>mfw

Evil men are always described as being hardy and valiant. Even in the Pelennor.

this is the only scene i've ever cried to

imagine how amped those rohirrim dudes must have been when theoden clanked against their pikes with his mighty sword

Lances, not pikes.

good point user

PIKES IN FRONT

Seeing how Rohan was basically a direct copy of Anglo-Saxon culture (heck, their names are practically Anglo-Saxon), it'd be interesting to look at it via that historical perspective.

When Theoden recited that poetry about "Where now the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? /
Where is the helm and the hauberk, and the bright hair flowing?" Tolkien was literally copying the "Ubi sunt" motif from the famous Anglo-Saxon poem "The Wanderer".

Of note is how the "Wanderer" in the Anglo-Saxon poem is probably gay, as there a long passage about the man griefing the now-lost kingdom and his now lost lord, climaxing in a line where he talks about how "he used to sit on the lap of his lord and he would stroke his hair softly".

I wonder if Theoden of Rohan is just as gay (or bi) as the Anglo-Saxon warrior in The Wanderer.

Because the two are mutually exclusive?

A characters race is an intrinsic part of the character, different races are intrinsic parts of the setting and it is part of both the character and the settings backstory. Setting, backstory, characters are central in 'telling the story in a good fashion.' I wouldn't want to watch a Mandela documentary with a cracker, i don't want to watch a LOTR with nigga gandalf.

Call me autistic but even background actors in Hobbit took me out of the movie and made me wonder "are they supposed to be black numenorians? Why are harradrim in lake town?" Though to be fair that was the least of those films problems.

But above all it shows that they're willing to put progressive posturing above simply telling the story.

i did not know that

>gay

Theoden: Now let's be honest here. Orc lives matter, and it is not up to us as to where they can stay or not. These peaceful immigrants are just seeking refuge in Gondor due to the conditions in Mordor. How can we deny these women and children a home when so many of us have lost our own.
#LetThemIn
Rohirrim: *Lower their lances* Let them in! Let them in! Let them in! Let them in!
Orcs: *fucks Gondorian women and spread their horrific deformities and horrible existence across the entirety of Middle Earth*
Gandalf in Voice Over as Camera Pans Over All The Different Lands From The Series: And so began a new age, an age of peace and prosperity. An age where we learnt not to fear those who were different from us, but accept them with open arms, and found, we were better for it.
*closing shot of a halfling woman being gangbanged by a bunch of orcs who proceed to slit her throat afterwards*

you're a fucking retard

They'll literally buy a user license for the same 18 year old MASSIVE software from WETA, then add darkened skin tone tinting to the little avatars.

Is this real? I knew the Greeks were gay, but the Anglo-Saxons as well?

>outsource crowd cgi to another group
>slap on some compositing filter in post
>duplicate
>add sand to make it a bit realistic

Gandalf is a wizard. I wouldn't care.at all. unless you watch these films with the idea that they are real history then who cares what colour their skin colour is.

>no idris elba

6/10

What was the point of that formation change though?

>free to go back home after helping out in repairing Minas Tirith

HOL UP

SO YOU BE SAYIN

WE BUILT MINAS TIRITH

youtube.com/watch?v=SRFWYpuQHt8

I like some of the ideas in this but the "rioters" were playing the part well but in a pre-planned way. I would love to see this stuff work irl.

Common insect defense. Expand the body to appear more menacing. However, the other swarm were desperate enough to attack despite the display.

That's the thing though, in the universe, in the setting, there IS history to everything. Even unseen shit you fucking normies don't know dick about there are tomes and pages of lore written by Tolkein describing them.

Creators don't necessarily have to show this stuff, but by going out of their way to contradict it proves they don't give a flying fuck, and if they don't give a flying fuck why would i trust or expect them to tell the story in a 'good fashion' if they can't get the basic shit right.

Shoehorning diversity into fantasy races based on European people further strains the suspension of disbelief and would also go against the characters descriptions in the books. I also hate white characters in Asian fantasy settings.