So, how soon is Hollywood going to burn?

So, how soon is Hollywood going to burn?
Honestly can't happen soon enough IMO.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WJeb0cQEXfM&t=6s
youtube.com/watch?v=VVqTDaHYLmU
youtu.be/VT1J65KHX8E
youtube.com/watch?v=-yzga0ld_Vg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A rampage movie? Like a movie of that videogame where you destroyed shit as a monster on N64?

Yeah.
it was an old arcade game before that, but yeah.
It's fucking atrocious, the depths that Hollywood wil go to for shekels.

This is being bastardized now.
Le sigh.

GET FUCKING LITTY MATE

i liked this game. you could eat the people

I always picked the lizard because it turned into a nekkid grill when you died

About the only thing they have in common is a gorilla named George. Why? Why do they keep doing shit like this?

>yfw The Rock is going to be gigantified during the climax to monster and just beat the shit out of all the monsters himself

When they start adapting obscure 90s arcade games, you have to think it won't be long.

and a giant wolf

and a giant lizard

and them causing massive property damage

other than them being people turned into monsters and not animals they seem to have got the basics

It's not like fucking Rampage was that complicated a game

Fuck you it looks good

You should write movie

pretty soon we're going to get Pac-Man the movie

Rock+Giant Gorilla = $$$$$
The math works out.

This. There was more of an idea of a plot than an actual one. Each character got mutated by different means, which could have been funny. But they’re probably going for the “sympathetic monsters vs. evil shadow organization” thing like Skull Island kind of did.

He was already in this Sandlerkino.

>castlevania is a hit
>mario, sanic and mgs movies in development
>this looks dope

what are some other old arcade games hollywoo could plunder for adaptations? i recon altered beast would make a great movie

The game was a silly and cartoony take on kaijus wrecking havoc, that's why some people are upset about the movie adaption.

Since the Rock and JDM are in this, I doubt it's gonna take itself THAT seriously so I'm not worrying about tone. The premise is already absurd enough without the people mutating into giant animals.

Elevator Action.

>secret agent infiltrates skyscraper to steal documents and intelligence from a terrorist organization

Anyone who thinks this doesn't look fun is a fan of DC movies

>"THEY'RE GOING TO PUT DOWN GEORGE"

Good? George is destroying the city.

San Andreas made half a billion, this probably will too.

cast it

OH SHIT! Hollywood couldn't handle a brown ape being the star, so they went with a white ape.

WHITEWASHING!

the rock got to re-use his costume from jumanji-- good for the budget

i will go see this if at the end the rock has to turn giant to and give the gorilla a rock bottom

BurgerTime movie has already been made.

Is it really a costume if it's clothes you can buy off a fucking rack?

youtube.com/watch?v=WJeb0cQEXfM&t=6s

is he right?

he dresses like a bum

Probably more worried about being sued by the Skull Island people.

Fuck you, rampage was not obscure.

I don't understand Op, why do you want Hollywood to burn because of am giant monster movie?

>They even made the fucking gorilla a fucking white male
The absolute state of hollywood.

Isnt Kong was black there? Brown and Black looks nothing like each other tho

That being said, its a fuking missed opportunity when they keep Ralph and Lizzy as quadrupedals

They’ll change into more humanoid types throughout the movie. Even George changes from hunched over to standing upright in the trailer.

Keyword being was. Nobody knows about this game anymore except for le 90s kids.

I swear to god, video game names suit them really well because it just describes what the game is, but I will fucking NEVER see a goddamn movie called Elevator Action and I loved that game as a kid too.

>Giant monster movies are making a comeback

Am I supposed to pretend to be mad about this?

Looks like George has grown up and been bleached

trips of truth

Rampage looks like schlock but it seems better than Pacific Rim Uprising at least

>90s
>obscure

I used to play the shit out of Rampage in the arcades in the 80s. In the 90s, it was already "old".

>pacific rim uprising exists
ITS NOT FUCKING FAIR

youtube.com/watch?v=VVqTDaHYLmU
this looks so bad

Looks pretty litty to me, kind of like the 1998 Godzilla.

Rampage?

the rock being in the movie automatically makes it garbage since he will very obviously play a large role as a character detracting from the animals going on a rampage which is what it should be about

He was in GOTG2 : Adam Sandler Boogaloo

Hollywood can't even get the plot of a 1980s arcade game right.

It barely had a plot. A little splash screen about unknowingly swimming in toxic waste doesn’t quantify as a story. Besides, it’s obvious that they’re going with the “animals are just misunderstood” meme, so when they start smashing stuff, audiences don’t get all butthurt over MUH PROPERTY DAMAGE.

Is it annoying that they can’t just do a 1:1 adaptation? Sure. Does it ruin this movie’s chances? Not really. If we see a giant gator wrestle a giant wolf, that’s a win-win.

can't wait for The Rock twitter meltdown 2.0

>GO FAHK YAHSELF AND YAUR RITARD MOOFIE ABOUT VIZARD IN THE FAWREST

youtu.be/VT1J65KHX8E

this looks fun

>the #1 thing you're gonna experience when you watch it is FUN
But what about artistic merit? Will there be any?

this plot is better honestly. they should do this when adapting video games to movies more. that tomb raider movie looks fucking boring.

i personally am happy that since cape shit is crashing and burning in the execution dept. pacific rim was good, godzilla 2014 was good, kong was good, giant monster movies are saving escapism for me.

>artistic merit

The team that did all of Ceasar’s mocap in the newer Planet of the Apes movies are doing this movie, so if nothing else it should look neat.

I kinda like how the monsters actually look in the city just messing around.
But I just don't like the plot. There are so many ways to play around with this idea, but they go for the most basic one. The only way to fill the runtime with things that aren't rampaging monsters is to shove in The Rock, and he sucks.

If they were mutated humans that transform at random times, there would at least be some variety. It could be like the hulk, except not so tryhard at making a dramatic story.

Why do they spoil the whole movie in the trailer?
>ape kills the wolf
>probably dies from being shot 5000 times and gets a touching moment with the Rock

It might even end with a shot of an egg hatching.

screencap this

There's no actual entity called Hollywood, it's just a label people use to refer to many different corporations for varying reasons. It can't burn because it doesn't exist.

>no link
shit thread

>Hollywood doesn't exist

>phone poster
Shit life.

lul wot

Did you read my post? It's a label, there's no company called Hollywood. There's no entity called Hollywood. It has no tangible existence.

If anything, they should be wishing for Burbank to burn. That’s where both Warner Bros. and Disney headquarters are.

Is there any way to play these games nowadays like on modern consoles or anything? Really in the mood now.

>whitewashing
REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Midway Arcade Origins has it. Although you can probably just get some roms.

Dont try and use logic with these people.

i fucking hate trailers nowadays, why am i supposed to watch this movie if the trailer told me the whole fucking story?

even the crocodile got spoiled

fuck trailers

Giant monster movies aren’t really known for their labyrinthine stories.

You shouldn't try to use logic anywhere if you're this dumb.

>when people say "Hollywood" they're referring to a geographic location

Not sure if pathological liar or retard or both. Whatever you are you're clearly from pol

>even the crocodile got spoiled

if you know anything about this game you would know there is a lizard. it's barely a spoiler. everyone knows whats gonna happen anyway so it doesn't bother me in this situation.

Total destruction is the newest one, and it comes the older games too. Unfortunately the newest console you can play it is the wii.
Hopefully this movie will at least revamp the series, cause it seems pretty stagnant now.

So who's going to be playing the original game as an easter egg, lads? My money is on a small boy playing it in his bedroom who either a) does a double take when the real monster runs past his window or b) collapses a building in-game then hears/feels the effects for real.

>Hopefully this movie will at least revamp the series

Hey! theres something. maybe traveler's tales can take a break from lego games and make a giant monster beat'em up in 4K

nah it'll be the midway arcade machine either in an old pizza place that gets rekt or on some small boy's tablet in a car ride.

Imagine getting your first movie role, being so excited, then coming into the studio to find a huge oiled Samoan dude muttering something sounding like GET LITTY while the director motions you to get strapped into your Power Bottom harness and present your tender virgin butthole for the World's Best MO-CAP so the huge dude can penetrate you while yelling something about Baywatch critics and calling you George

I'M READY

IIIII'M READYYY

This movie is going to be so LITTY, I'm probably going to piss myself when I see it in the theater

Could they have spoilt any more of this film in the fucking trailer?

>George was a regular ape
>Something was shot into Georges compound
>That something makes him grow instantly
>It was done with Genetic Editing by an "evil" Government agency
>There's also a 30 foot wolf
>George and the wolf initially fight but then work together
>there's also a giant lizard / crocodile

So place your bets

>George and Wolf work together to kill crocodile
>Crocodile kills wolf (and then dies)
>George survives and gets sent to live on some fucking Island like King Kong

This. I'll definitely be bringing my raincoat because I know the audience will be SOAKING

No raincoat for me, the soaking will be an integral part of the experience for sure.

I loved the sounds when you ate the people

Remembered the graphics a bit different, though

So they're not referring to a geographic location? According to you "There's no entity called Hollywood" so why would you assume they are referring to anything other than a geographic location?

You appear to be contradicting yourself.

harambe?

>Floquet de Neu
>The Rock
>Smashing Pumpkins

JUST

>The Rock gets hit with the gas
>turns into a giant red ape
>it's not actually Rampage at all
>it's Primal Rage
>T̶h̶e̶ ̶R̶o̶c̶k Chaos farts in G̶e̶o̶r̶g̶e̶'̶s Blizzard's face and kills him

>ctrl+f ron perlman
>no results
Really? Not upset, just surprised

kek, struth tho. God damn if that albino ape wasn't perfect for Hellboy.

>Honestly can't happen soon enough IMO.
youtube.com/watch?v=-yzga0ld_Vg

They couldnt get Anydy Serkis. Nor wouldve he been available, KEK.

cast it

Dude, you're showing the bastardized version
and complaining about it being bastardized in a movie