Thinking about this scene used to scare me when I was younger. Anyone else...

Thinking about this scene used to scare me when I was younger. Anyone else? It's still spooky but I learned to appreciate the movie.

Oh yeah, I was like 14 when I saw this. The last twenty minutes had me shitting. This movie is why I still tend to give found footage movies a chance.

most redundant sequel coming through

>Buy the game pack
>Disc one
>creepy sounds
>EJECT DISC

Nah familia lol im good.

Blair Witch was the movie equivalent of AIDS.
It caused decades of unbearable found footage garbage tropes. Fuck that garbage movie and everyone involved with it.

I was about 12 or 13.

Didnt help that it was a VHS tape without a cover that my sister had borrowed from a classmate who had made a copy off another VHS. This was about a year before DVD players became dirt cheap and common.

Me and my buddy was 100% certain it was real. We had to pause it and take a break about 2/3 in.

The second time a film had made me almost shit my pants. Watching The Thing at age 11 was the first.

I know it's inevitable

>it's alien

>It caused decades of unbearable found footage garbage tropes. Fuck that garbage movie and everyone involved with it.

No that was Paranormal Activity you pleb. Between 2000 and 2007 there was about 1 or 2 found footage films a year. After Paranormal Activity it was 10 - 15 found footage films a year.

they seem to be dead now anyway

I liked this movie. I wanted the found footage to be real. I was interested for several years.
Other than my nostalgia, the movie was really cool. Actors carried their cameras and shot movie on their own. When I was a kid I thought that was easy but now I see how great and this really is

this is blowing my mind i had no idea this trilogy existed

The 'is it true' aspect worked really well in the early days of the internet. I remember the first time the cast was seen publicly was to recieve an MTV award, 'we are alive and actors lol' and all that shit.

The last time that could successfully be pulled off.

thank god for that. Cannibal Holocaust, Blair Witch, Noroi and REC is probably the only good found footage films there are.

Movie was creepy as fuck. The scenes where they're just finding shit in the woods or hearing noises and shit were creepy as all hell.

I always wonder how dark the age was without Internet

My respect for the cast of this movie.

>I always wonder how dark the age was without Internet
Everything was alot more niche. You had to go out and find it. You couldnt just search it up and watch, read or listen to something for 15 minutes and figure out if it was for you or not. You had to go to the places these things existed.

>edgemaster older brother killed himself when I was 12
>had the second tape in the VCR
>second tape was another fake documentary about the Witch
>never watched the actual movie until a sleepover
>we play with the spirit board because we are fucking retards
>nothing happens obviously
>mom picks me up next morning saying my dad left
>the only punishment I have ever gotten was to go stand in the corner facing the wall

I can not stand how much this movie has affected me. The whole things is tedious as fuck and started an absolute terrible trend that has lasted too long. As much as I despise it, I will never forget it and for that reason alone is the scariest movie I have ever seen.

Mostly the same, information just traveled MUCH slower.

Dumb movie. Brilliant marketing, though. They really sold the idea that it might be real footage before normies could figure out how to use the internet.

you found out your dad left coming home from a sleepover? your mom didnt even wait till you got home?

So I always figured that the witch took the guy who disappeared, and the other two characters seem to think the witch is mimicking his voice. But I wonder if what really happened is the witch manipulated him into screaming in the night to frighten them, cutting off pieces of himself and leaving it in that bundle, and ultimately killing them in the house.

my mom isn't an awesome person

this post makes no sense

elaborate

>We had to pause it and take a break about 2/3 in.
What a couple of fucking sissy faggots

This is a picture of what the witch is supposed to look like. Spoopy.

Thats what you get for being a reddit tripfag. Lurk more cock sucker.

no thanks

How fucking young are you?

>the witch is holding the camera at the end of the film
My favorite fan theory

>Spoopy
Fucking queer

Now that I think about it actually showing the witch would really ruin the movie

>people born in 1999 turns 18 this year

Agreed.

Idk why but these kinds of movies really work on me. That one about Sasquatch spooked me so badly, but I know it can also be seen as ridiculous. Something about things being right outside of your tent gets to me.

i accidentally read three or four story synopsis' about this so it would be boring to watch. Is the sequel good?

I think the lights were supposed to be ambiguous. Like how people see lights in the area whenever there's Sasquach/general spooky shit going down. But having seen the sheer incompetence of this movie, I wouldn't doubt it if they meant for it to be straight up aliums. The witch looked spooky, at least.
Apparently it's set in the universe and using the characters of some other game series, too.

Dude
Dude
This scene scared the shit out of me as a kid.
Still a great flick
I love all the fighting and fans in the woods
I Crack the fuck up when dude says he "kicked that fucker in the river"

>tuns 18 this year

It was a tie-in to a resident-evil type of game called nocturne which was pretty great.

Damn I thought I had turned retarded or something trying to read this shit

Disgusting

Why did normies hate this movie? Their excuse is always that "it was all fake!!" without a hint of irony that every movie is fake.

I remember how hard this movie was advertised. Right next to the pokemon snap machine was a big poster. I actually never saw the movie.

Kill yourself you retarded little normalfag. You weren't even around when it came out.

>born in 1999 or later
>a person and not human trash

the sequels are terrible. They are no longer in the 'found-footage' catagory. You should still watch the first movie m8. It is surprisingly comfy throughout.

>every movie is fake

>>born in 1990 or later
>>a person and not human trash

Everyone born after 1990 is underageb& forever

you were born in 1990, we get it
i was born in 1989 though, so you don't make my cutoff.

I was born in 86 you idiot lol

I was born in 89 too but that saying was really popular on Sup Forums 10 years ago.

Then your ignorance is even more baffling. Maybe you're just a fucking moron.

Not him, but even if the movie was advertised as being actual found footage, that complaint is still a shitty complaint.

one of the best parts of the movie is that the townsfolk all had different accounts of the witch and what she looked like/what she could do. All they really knew is that some shit was going on in those woods. TBWP had the best indirect plot ever used in a horror movie

No one said it though, that guy is just a revisionist faggot.

That's literally the mental image I have when I think about scary movies. That was the only scary shit I've ever watched

He just had to take a leak. What's so scary about that?

I think a found footage film could still work today. You would have to do a lot of real nasty trickery though. Make it difficult for people to make out the actors, think of clever ways to disguise lack of cellular coverage (still tons of places in the country with poor reception or no reception depending on carrier) and basically market it with nothing but word of mouth to maintain the mystery. Aka: nonprofit.

Shit would inevitably hit the fan when people panic and law enforcement get involved though.

Stop posting you retarded faggot.

Book of Shadows could've been kino.

It had a few good parts

BLAIR WITCH IS KINO

A year later, I'm still so pissed off that hack Wingard shat this out. His comments on the commentary made him sound like the biggest pissy pants moron.

I was 12 when it came out and I was such a puss that the commercial scared me (we have woods in our backyard.)

Few years later it comes on Sci-Fi and I have the balls to watch it, kicking myself for being scared at what was essentially a lot of noises (had heard about the ending and the witch not showing up.) Of course, it's a different story in the dead of night.

Now I can truly appreciate how great it was in terms of simplicity and ambiance. The ending is vastly underrated by people to this day.

That being said, Blair Witch (2016) is the exact opposite, an over produced under told piece of shit designed to get the director an extra gig.

You know, I watched it a few weeks ago when Cinemax played all three before Halloween. And it's really, really shitty.

BUT it's been so long since it came out that it's actually morphed into that "so bad it's good" category. It's like a quintessential 2000 movie. Opens with Marilyn Manson, gives you the token goth and wiccan girls, the bonfire booze fest, the gratuitous violence and gore, etc. And it was actually a neat idea, making it about the hype surrounding the film rather than a direct sequel.

You don't see the witch in either movie.

>1999
Good times. What went wrong Bros?

You could still fake something like that today. Just by sending around shitty mp4 instead of vhs’s

I think Blair Witch is very scary. I always thought suspense and mood were way more vital to something being scary.

Fun fact: When they get chased out of their tents and go hide in the woods for the night, during the part where Heather's screaming "WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!" she was supposed to turn around and catch a tall figure cloaked in white (i.e. the witch,) but the camera didn't pick it up, so they just scrapped it.

Shakey camera work and not a whole lot of scripting just didn't agree with the average movie going populace. I remember going with my aunt to see it at release and she absolutely hated it. Said it was the worst movie she'd ever seen.

Is the footage in the movie, you just can't see the figure in the darkness? Or was it removed entirely? Either way, it works better never seeing a thing. Fuck it's creepy when they find the stick figures in the woods.

Normies still haven't figured out the internet
>mfw whenever I buy something cool a normie will come up and start screaming WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS!?!?!?
>I bought it off the internet
>YOU CAN DO THAT!!?!?

>this webm
lmao what the fuck did they do a dna test without a hint of irony the baby is a nigger lmao

Good, that would have been retarded.
I'm not sure this is true though, do they ever bring it up again? As far as I know after that scene they literally never bring up that moment.