Cast the Illumination movie, come up with a plot, give it a tagline

Cast the Illumination movie, come up with a plot, give it a tagline

please, the script is due on my boss' desk monday

>this ain't no game!

I'm an extremely amateur screenwriter who actually came up with a plot outline for three Mario movies a few months before this announcement.

Does anyone want to hear them?

Sure

*bing bing* *wahoo* *1up*

Mario's woman gets stolen but then after he saves her she says she isn't really is woman because she don't need no man

Nice role-play, you got school in the morning kid.

Yep

>Mario: Idris Elba
>Luigi: Will Smith
>Bowser: Kevin James
>Peach: Leslie Jones

Okay let's start, I won't go too into detail

I'm not trying to say I'm A screenwriter, or THE screenwriter for Mario. You can literally become a screenwriter in the next five minutes, just download Celtx (or shell out for a good program I personally suggest Fade In) and you'll be a screenwriter.

Basically the first movie revolves around Mario and Luigi being dragged into the Mushroom Kingdom by Toad to save it. Mario and Luigi are 25-year-old plumbers in Brooklyn, Mario is the best in the biz but sucks at it, Luigi likes the safety of it and doesn't want to change anything. Toad drags them in and they do some basic adventuring, promise of the premise type stuff, and that's all good. Mario is obviously enthralled by being an adventurer while Luigi is a little more reticent about the whole thing.

Meanwhile Bowser is portrayed as a real push-over, kind of a mushy, flamboyant guy who's full of himself. Apparently this is a weekly thing that Peach usually gets herself out of time and time again. Throughout the entire movie Peach is portrayed as hyper competent and spends much of the movie trying to outwit Bowser. At the end she succeeds, but in a reverse pay-off, it turns out Bowser's planned for her to outwit him and has set up a second trap for her. He gloats and is all glad that he's finally beaten Peach and boom, the Mario Bros. show up, having climbed into the castle and defeated koopas and shit (at one point Luigi fights a Boom Boom with the help of a Super Star, the Super Star runs out before he beats him but he doesn't notice and so he's confident enough to takeout the koopa). They all fight, Peach gets out of her trap and helps, they defeat Bowser, and exile him. Mario is glad to be an adventurer, Luigi is okay with this change, Peach welcomes them, the end. Stinger of the movie is Bowser Jr. arrives in Bowser's Castle and contacts all of his brothers and sister.

>Edward Norton as Mario
>Owen Wilson as Luigi
>Jessica Chastain as Peach
>Ian McKellen as Bowser
>Kristen Schaal as Toad
>Tobey MacGuire as Wario

okay so there's this guy right and his names Bario, and his Mario's nephew. One day Bario goes to work with Mario and Luigi and the princess is captured by bowser. also in that scene mario dies.

then luigi and Bario have to work together to save the princess. but Bario can't live up to mario and he feels sad but through out the movie luigi and bario do it and bario is like mario now.
and there are 3 parts with dancing and the message is be yourself.

Casting:
Mario- Brain Cranston
Luigi- robert de niro
Bario- Someone hip and black like the rock or kevin heart?

Princess peach- someone with big boobies
Bowser- danny devito

also it's live action
and i think we struck gold with the This ain't no game tag line

I forgot to mention in the ending I had written that Mario takes a swig of a super mushroom and throws Bowser clear across the horizon, that's what "exile" means

Second movie, Mario is actually kind of bored of being in the Mushroom Kingdom, he's basically stuck in the same rut as he was in the beginning of the first movie, except now he does adventuring shit day-in and day-out. Luigi meanwhile loves being treated as a hero, but is secretly really fucking scared that they're all going to figure out he "cheated" his heroics (defeating Boom Boom with what he thought was invincibility). Mario actually falls back in love with plumbing and considers going home, but Luigi isn't ready to come down from his high yet, so they argue. Mario offers that they go on a different adventure, for a change of pace then, but Luigi is afraid that another adventure is a chance to fail.

Anyway wham, Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings wage war on the Mushroom Kingdom with the goal of finding some magic MacGuffin (say a Super Mushroom or some shit) to resurrect Bowser and get their revenge. However, when they find him, he's kind of down-and-out and doesn't want to invade the Mushroom Kingdom anymore (the kids get him to change his mind though).

They get Bowser to the Mushroom Kingdom and there's a big waging of war, but Bowser's heart isn't in it. At some point in the battle Luigi saves Mario, realizing that he's really a hero in his own right. In the final act Mario and Bowser fight but sort of come to an understanding. Bowser decides to just pull his army and go home, electing to raise his kids right instead of to be monsters like himself.

Stinger is Wario watching/reading the news, learning about Mario's new adventures, and getting super pissed about it

3 words

super mario rpg

And Luigi is a homosexual because of the GAY LUIGI thing from youtube poop

Make sure there's a Sonic reference in the film.

I'm liking these synopses desu.

Third movie is obviously Mario Vs. Wario. The Mushroom Kingdom is basically destroyed in a major attack by what appear to be Bowser's forces, and Mario, Peach, and Luigi are basically sent running. They eventually find a broken-down Bowser who they accuse of attacking the Mushroom Kingdom, but who explains that all of his kids have been kidnapped and held for ransom by some guy named Wario, all for the use of his army. Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser all agree to work together to defeat Wario, who's basically reigning over both the Mushroom Kingdom and Bowser's Kingdom.

We learn that Wario is a surly old pirate and one of the few humans who's spent much of his life in the Mushroom Kingdom. Wario is obviously not his real name, but he's adopted Mario's style out of jealousy--all of his great deeds and not one person has ever cheered for Wario, but some mook comes outta nowhere and is all of a sudden this big hero? His weedy cousin, Waluigi, is also along for the ride.

Throughout the adventure, Mario and Bowser become sort of friends, both enjoying their exploration and combat and all that shit. This makes Luigi feel kind of jealous, as if he's being replaced by their worst enemy. Luigi is completely left out of everything and grows pretty mad at this, even at Peach, who sympathizes and is nice to him, but has feelings for Mario, which makes Luigi feel even more left out.

The gang storm the castle, save the Koopalings (they dogpile hug Bowser because it'd be kawaii~) and Mario challenges Wario, telling everyone else to stay out of it because it's his fight. This alienates Luigi even more, and Peach tells him to leave with the Koopalings to get them to safety.

Mario and Wario fight, Wario convinces Bowser to join his side, and Bowser reluctantly helps him defeat Mario. Mario and Peach are captured while Wario plots to take over more--but then Luigi comes back, aided by the Koopalings, and saves the two. There's a big battle where the team all group up.

i think that the other guy had better ideas
Here is that one

Bowser still works with Wario though because he's just so damn easy to control, but the Koopalings convince him to help out in the fight. The castle is destroyed by the battle and all the good characters escape, but Wario, too greedy and selfish, tries to keep his shit. He's crushed.

The movie ends with Mario appreciating Luigi more, Luigi no longer feeling left out. Bowser apologizes and resolves the fact that he is simply bad by nature and can't change that, but thinks that maybe he can act out being bad in some other way. He leaves on terms of rivalry (think Mario Kart/Tennis jokes). Peach and Mario get it on or some shit.

Post-credits scene is Waluigi rising from the rubble, vowing to get revenge on the Mario Bros., but then more falls on him and crushes him.

They're going to require you to incorporate Yoshi into the films (the sooner the better for merch purposes).
Where does he fit in?

Shit, you're right. I was thinking he'd be some sort of stupid child-friendly comic relief, maybe something to do with pooping out eggs haha

In all seriousness, I could never figure out what to do with him besides "he's Mario's horse" or "Yoshi's Island is one of the many kingdoms destroyed on-screen by Bowser/Wario"

in this one his Bario's pet and he Makes High pitch noises and poops eggs and acts like minions

10/10, I like these alot.

Those outlines actually sound pretty fucking comfy

Super Mario Bros. (2018)
Mel Gibson as Mario
Mark Wahlberg as Luigi
Alexandra Daddario as Peach
Peter Dinklage as Toad
Patton Oswalt as King Faggeau

Mario and Luigi, now in their later years and mostly retired from hardcore adventuring, have settled into a quiet life in an upper-middle class neighborhood in the Mushroom Kingdom. Through the years, an influx of Goombas have moved in and brought raucous parties, higher crime rates, and dwindling property values with them.

Due to their fame as wartime Goomba-killers, the Mario brothers are targeted for vandalism and acts of violence. When their Toad neighbors are robbed in their home, Mario and Luigi get the old gang back together to purge the neighborhood of the Goomba menace while evading the watchful eye of liberal-progressive King Faggeau.

After a series of brutal raids and ambushes on illicit Goomba congregations, the Mario brothers discover that the King himself is responsible for the diversity initiative that placed the Goombas in their neighborhood and has been paying their mortgages under the table. Additionally, he has been bankrolling their illegal operations in order to scare away the human and Toad populations so that there is more room for Koopas and Lakitus, which he thinks are under-represented in his kingdom.

After fighting their way through the Royal Guard, they strip the King of his clothes, paint "I HATE GOOMBA SCUM" on his chest, and send him into the slums riding on a Yoshi. He is torn into a million pieces by the Goombas he thought himself a friend of. The final shot is the Mario brothers smoking on their porch and watching the Goombas pack their stuff into moving vans as their houses get foreclosed.

Thanks anons

Mario and peach have been married for years and are quite old. Half way through the super kart prix an edgy swordsman attacks the prix and it ends with mario getting BTFO. Then the reveal that the mysterious helmet driver was mario’s son, tony, who vows to take revenge. Tony goes on an adventure through the mushroom kingdom, retreading mario’s footsteps and learning the power of friendship.
Also the edgy guy was mario’s other son and there’s an autistic gf bait who turns out to be Samus or something

I wonder who they'll cast, actually. I can't imagine they'll use Nintendies' VAs, probably a cast with star power. I'm not even sure who could pull it off.

>Illumination movie
>Universal Studios doing a Nintendo World for IoA
What game gets adapted next, Sup Forums? A Metroid movie played straight would be fucking cash. More than likely Zelda or Dankey Kang tho.
Smash movie incoming, hopefully.

>Smash Movie
y i k e s