Literally the only criticisms for this movie are nit-picky BS

Literally the only criticisms for this movie are nit-picky BS.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V3-h4Y0exk4
youtube.com/watch?v=MyVPh3Usrho
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Clunky, rushed storytelling and bad characterization are not nitpicks, user.

Or not muh.

And the movie doesn't suffer from that.

Here we go again...

This is true.

Yes it does. Deal with it.

The only reason that people hate this movie is the MCU has damaged their brains.

I wonder what thread died, to make room for this awful one?

People just didn't like the tone of it, or wanted something else. So they made up a bunch of reasons to hate it.. In reality it's a matter of taste. I loved it

The only reason that people hate this movie is because it's bad.

Snyder uses TDKR to defend batkills

>This triggers the Sup Forumsmrade

DC Shills are hard at work tonight.

This. MCU is utter trash.

Let it die. The movie was shit. Move the fuck on.

DKR was bad but at least people had fun with it. BVS was bad but had nothing fun about it. Why do people keep trying to force it?

>still defending the DCU
Can't help the unwilling.

Just when I thought most of you had given up.

>taking the bait
>unironically

They think if they say it enough people will believe it.

That's how sad these people are. I don't feel anger, just pity.

>inb4 Martha

Maybe we'll learn that Thomas Wayne's middle name was Jonathan so Bruce and resurrected Clark can bond some more.

It's capeshit

BvS is garbage. From terrible editing of the theatrical cut, shit story, worst live-action iteration of Lex Luthor (all iterations suck), deconstructed characters for no reason, didn't even resolve the MoS's destruction subplot that well, triggered all the 'not muh' normies who probably never read a comic in their life.

Worldwide box office was pretty close with Deadpool which is a rated R movie that didn't even get released in China. The first live-action movie of Superman and Batman, the 2 most famous superheroes in literature and pop culture until 2006+.

No no, it's Kino

What is your definition of "fun"?
I had "fun" with Jagten because I was engaged.
Doesn't mean I was having a feel-good time.

the only part I like was WW's introduction and her hellasweet theme music

actually, i have to nit-pick the thing i did like about this movie. the bat cave, the casting, some of the visuals etc
in other words i could wright a short list of things i like about this move. i think snyder and his staff tried really hard to make a good movie, and i shows.
however its shit in broad strokes because snyder has absolutely no instincts when it comes to making movies.
hes like rex ryan of the bill. rex can do one thing extremely well, defense. he hase no feel for the clock, he has no basic understanding of football as a whole. that is snyder, he cant fucking make a movie. he should be on the staff of the movie, not lead it as the director.

it doesnt
>anything I dont like is bait

the movie made a point to show Batman killing as a BAD thing. He is the villain for most of the movie.

Was about to say.

I agree.

So are we seriously still going to have these kinds of threads for Wonder Woman? Christ move on faggot, Sup Forums doesnt even bite anymore

>deconstructed characters for no reason

IDK it was pretty explicitly a reconstruction of these characters. They all started at points of being emotionally distraught from the real world, and end up being more iconic and heroic by the end.

That's why he's here, spamming Sup Forums with this crap, yesterday he must have had 10 threads going at once to promote company wars.

>being this paranoid

some people just like the movie and want to defend it

Just wait OP itll be appreciated sooner or later

Sup Forums always takes the bait. You guys are just retarded like that.

>They all called it a shitty movie, just because of how shitty it was

Judging by the leak threads, people will be making threads about Steve Trevor being the hero the DCEU deserves.

>small ears Batman

SHIT MOVIE
SHIT BATMAN
SHIT UNIVERSE

You personally failing to understand the characters and their motivations does not count as bad characterization.

Hi Snyder. Happy belated birthday.

>I'm sorry that you're offended

Even the nitpicks are grasping at straws at best. The movie was perfect in every way. BvS killed critics, just like Death of Superman killed Death.

>BVS was bad but had nothing fun about it
>fun

There's that word again.

Literally the only reason people defend this shit is that its the first Batman and Superman movie. Its the same stage of denial that Starwars fans have held onto for Phantom Menace until several few other SW films came out since and there is no one left defending it.

All of you.

>PLEASE LEAVE MY SAFE SPACE BOARD!!!

Give me one reason this movie is worse than shit like the Thor or Iron Man movies.

Reddit Tomato score.

No, you're posting things where they don't belong. This is a board about cartoons, not live-action movies. You post that Sup Forums.

>Its better than le marvel

I can give several reasons.

>Lois Lane's subplot wastes time and was ultimately pointless as Lex was going to use her to get to Superman anyway.

>Wonder Woman has no place in the movie other than setup JL.

>Superman has no character arc. He just reacts to things like Batman, Doomsday, and Lex Luthor. He's literally a plot device, not a character.

>Batman's motivations and mindset aren't properly explained. Why isn't he being more rational about the situation? Why change your mind from a spur of the moment? Joker killed Jason? Is that the reason he's pissed? Why didn't he kill Joker then?

>Everything about Lex.

>Awful pacing, jumping from scene to scene, with no rhythm or reason.

I have no strong feelings for any of the Marvel films, since I general don't give a shit for Marvel outside of the Xmen, but I definitely care about DC and this film was an embarrassment.

>This is a board about cartoons
No, it's about comics and cartoons. Figures an idiot who doesn't have the attention span to read a comic is the one complaining. This is a movie BASED on comic book characters, but you probably didn't know that.

But you're not discussing the live action movie, not the comic(s).
Discussion of this live action, non-animated, non-comic belongs on Sup Forums.
Here's another link to it if you missed the others.

Nah, mods said it's fine to discuss adaptations. If you have a problem with that you're free to complain about it and get banned.

>mods said it's fine to discuss adaptations
[citation needed]

>being this new
Lurk more.

It's literally 3.5 movies cut together.
Nobody could pull that off, they haven't since Spider-Man 3 and never will

>batman is now killing people at random with no remorse
>the joker is still alive to sell hot topic t-shirts and wallets even though he fucking killed robin
>y-you just don't understand the characterization
yeah fuck off.

>It's literally 3.5 movies cut together.
>Nobody could pull that off
5 movies put in one. Glad Zack was able to give me my money's worth!

It made less money than Avengers even though batman and superman have legacy brand recognition.
> criticism

I liked it. Solid 6/10. MoS was definitely better but ultimately anyone who criticizes it can go fuck themselves because it lead to Reeve being on The Batman and us getting an Aquaman movie.

>villain is complete shit with no explanation for motivation except he's mad at god and superman is the closest thing to god or some stupid shit
>ridiculous explanation for batman going to war with superman
>batman was a complete asshole "if there's a 1% chance superman may go bad i have to murder him!"
>superman is dark and brooding edgemaster
>muh mommy had the same name so you must be good after all!
>unnecessary and superfluous clips of all the justice league characters, as if they are more concerned with advertising the next movie than making this one tolerable
>uninteresting villain doomsday, introduced in a hacky way, mindless killing machine, CGI shitfest

For the most part the director's cut fixed most of my problems, but there's still a few things
>Flash, Wonder Woman, and laptop watching scenes completely pointless and are only there to promote another movie
>Doomsday is just a giant stupid monster with no real reason why we should care about them fighting him, he's only there because in superhero movies there needs to be a big fight at the end
>the Doomsday fight also looked like shit, bland visuals with a boring rubble backdrop

If that was true wouldnt more people like it?

>It's another "millions of people can't be wrong" episode
I hate that movie as much as the next person but that's the most underageb& response you could make.

That moment when Alfred is the only decent character in the movie.

>Lois Lane's subplot wastes time and was ultimately pointless as Lex was going to use her to get to Superman anyway.

Two characters have separate motivations. Shocker.

>Wonder Woman has no place in the movie other than setup JL.

Her entire purpose is to set up the idea that there are other metahumans that have a presence in the world. Besides, I thought you fucks whined about "rushing" and there not being enough movies establishing things?

>Superman has no character arc. He just reacts to things like Batman, Doomsday, and Lex Luthor. He's literally a plot device, not a character.

The entire movie is about people not trusting Superman and Superman understanding why he wants to be a hero. Did you just not watch the movie?

>Batman's motivations and mindset aren't properly explained. Why isn't he being more rational about the situation? Why change your mind from a spur of the moment?

Batman literally says that he doesn't trust somebody with that much power. He sees him as a monster until he sees him fear for his mom. I'm now convinced you didn't watch the movie.

>Joker killed Jason?

The movie says multiple times that Batman has been active for years and foreshadows other events that have happened in the universe.

>Is that the reason he's pissed?
What the fuck are you talking about?

>Why didn't he kill Joker then?
Oh, you're one of those "why doesn't le batman just kill le joker xD" fags

>Everything about Lex.

Not an argument.

>Awful pacing, jumping from scene to scene, with no rhythm or reason.

Just saying something is bad doesn't make it true. Having actually seen the movie, I can't understand where you're getting this.

Stop spewing nonsense.

[Citation needed]

And people didnt like it. You can say not muh, 2deep4u, you can think people are generally dumb for not liking your "art", and or you can explain your position.

This wont change anyones mind.
The movie dust has settled.
Verdict is in, not everyone likes the movie. Whatever people choose to do now is up to them, but its been a year now of back and forth "no YOURE stupid!"

Is it just to easy to troll with to ever really die?

>All criticism is fake news

>This is a board about cartoons

I fucking wish it wasn't. Why can't it just be about comic book?

Steven Universe threads are the actual cancer of this board.

>batman is now killing people at random with no remorse

Literally never happens. The only case where you could argue this of this is when a car explodes during a chase scene, and unless you're literally autistic and have never seen a movie before, you know that people can survive explosions in movies unless you are explicitly told they're dead.

>the joker is still alive to sell hot topic t-shirts and wallets even though he fucking killed robin
Batman didn't kill Joker for killing Robin in the comics. Try harder.

>y-you just don't understand the characterization
You don't, because you are a retard.

The dark night rises had baneposting at least. What's BVS claim? Martha?

>Literally never happens.
yes it does.
>The only case where you could argue this of this is when a car explodes during a chase scene
see, you just gave an example.
>unless you're literally autistic and have never seen a movie before, you know that people can survive explosions in movies unless you are explicitly told they're dead.
oh, ok, so this movie is allowed to take the bullshit "people can survive explosions at close range without dying because filmmakers don't know anything about how explosions actually work, and if those were real people in those scenarios their insides would turn into so much jello pudding bill cosby would cream himself" excuse when it applies to the movie YOU like and covers up the glaring failure of characterization on the parts of the writers.
>Batman didn't kill Joker for killing Robin in the comics. Try harder.
you're kind of a fucking imbecile if you're not getting my point here. first of all, it means nothing that batman doesn't kill joker in the comics because this is not the comics. this is not the same batman as he is in the comics, this is not the same universe, this is a different interpretation of those characters. in this interpretation of this universe where batman fucking murders people and has forgone his no-kill policy, assuming he had it in the first place, the joker has no business being alive, especially compounded by the fact that batman has an extremely personal vendetta against him. if batman finds it acceptable to slaughter low-tier, street level mooks following orders, what the fuck is the world's greatest detective, who would have killed FUCKING SUPERMAN if not for the whole martha thing, doing sitting on his ass letting the joker run around loose? they sacrificed character writing for over the top action sequences and hot topic merchandise sales and it is fucking baffling how hard you fell for it.

>waaaaaaah this movie is a movie

Do you also cry like a fucking baby about Star Wars having sound in space?

The video of the chase scene is available on Youtube. The mini gun car he shoots explodes into shreds. The guys who slam into the tanker truck certainly die in a massive fireball, you could argue that he didn't have to save them, but that poor driver....

The two pancaked cars might but shouldn't have survivors.

I liked it. But it did have the shittiest Lex Luthor ever featured in any incarnation of the character.

The entire argument that Batman has foregone his no kill policy is predicated on not knowing how movie car crashes work.

Sorry, Lex gets defended just like everything else in the movie.

>This wont change anyones mind.
>The movie dust has settled.
>Verdict is in, not everyone likes the movie. Whatever people choose to do now is up to them, but its been a year now of back and forth "no YOURE stupid!"

This. I'm a massive defender of this movie, and will stand by the fact that it is my favorite Superhero movie to date. I've been involved in countless debates on this board defending this film. But you're correct. It hasn't really changed anyone's view of the film.

I love the film, and I stand by that. It does annoy me that there are like daily posts with some fucker hating on this movie, but I'm more annoyed by the Steven Universe threads. Or the Mouseketeers somehow saying DC comics is doing badly when the monthly sales are released and Marvel sometimes manages to scrape two or three books in the top ten when DC pretty much gets five in the top ten at minimum.

But then I remember that I was a rabid Marvel fanboy who hated DC and wouldn't touch their books under any circumstances whatsoever. And then I turned fourteen and realised that was stupid of me.

>The entire argument that Batman has foregone his no kill policy is predicated on not knowing how movie car crashes work.
1 minute in, you dense motherfucker.
Batman isn't even in danger from their return fire.

There's not even a movie way for these two guys to have lived.

1 minute and 10 seconds in to refresh your memory. are you seriously fucking implying that they survived that explosion? i'm honestly not sure that you know how movie explosions work, because those are dead motherfuckers. he even runs the desecrated remains of their car over just to really rub it in. your entire argument is predicated on the fact that you believe random mooks have more plot armor than any action movie hero in history, because no one has survived an explosion like that.

You can also clearly see at 2:18 that Batman crushes the 3rd guy in the back of the truck to death under the Batmobile's wheels. You can see the Batmobile killing him clear as day.

>they even slow-mo it so you can see the guy getting smashed.

Batfags btfo.

This movie was made incorrectly, with little regard for set-up and pay-off, logic or consistency. Zack Snyder should be directing music videos, not major studio films.

Substantiate your claims.

This

>H-he probably lived...

Agreed. I really like Eisenberg's portrayal of Lex. Definitely not what one expects, but I still dug it.

youtube.com/watch?v=MyVPh3Usrho
another scene to really hammer the point down. 0:50 in, more dead to movie explosions. more families without fathers and brothers to come home to. i'm sure there's some debate to how lethal his treatment of the guys actually inside the warehouse was. at least one or two died to that grenade, though, to be fair, that wasn't on batman.

I got real criticisms Logan & Xavier die by Logan's clone

Being a real Snyderfan means defending all of it.
Jonathan Kent's sociopathic ramblings,
Perry White's moronic diatribes,
The whole Shebang.

"We're trying to sell papers here Clark! People want HS volleyball results, not stories about the high-tech vigilante who's horribly scarring people!"

>Being a real Snyderfan means defending all of it.
>Jonathan Kent's sociopathic ramblings,
>Perry White's moronic diatribes,

I wouldn't even consider myself a "real" Snyderfan, but I have zero problem with Jon's views or Perry's diatribes. I actually quite enjoyed the latter.

The one issue I will take with the two Snyder DCEU films is Lois. I feel that she's given a bigger role than is written for her.

Like, I don't know why she has to join Zod and co in Man of Steel, and her throwing the spear away/retrieving the spear felt forced.

he just wanted photos
photos of underage volleyball players

"We can't publicize this drivel about aliens at the mysterious military operation we sent you to cover, Lois. I don't care that you were found out on the ice shelf with severe internal injuries that were cauterized with some sort of advanced laser beam! Now get me that story on the market street renovations."

I'm not going to write an essay, but there is an objective aim in all films which is to show change over time. A successful film will have interesting and logical changes in character and scenario from beginning to end. This rule is discarded by Zack Snyder in favor of a "throw shit against the wall and see what sticks" approach, in collusion with the studio that does not care about the quality of films released under its banner. This puts great strain on the editing team to save the film, and it's an absolute miracle that this movie is somehow nearly coherent, given the messy script and careless direction.

Subjectively (and this is my opinion, but it's still correct), nearly every decision made in the film is just stupid. Casting two skinny Jews as Wonder Woman and Lex Luthor was just a disastrously poor decision, to the point of being indefensible. Many regrettable sequences. Many bad lines. I genuinely pity you if you think this is a good film. There are some nice-looking parts and fun parts to it, but these things are icing, not pastry. Batman v Superman is a frosted turd.

I'm on your side, I liked the movie. Just not their casting choice with Lex. Going back with Kevin Spacey would have been great. It would be wonderful to see him back in the role of Lex Luthor, except this time in a Superman movie I enjoyed.
Maybe they could have downplayed Lex's role in this movie, made him more background and less manic. He just lacked the one thing that Lex Luthor has always had: Smoothness. Yeah he flies of the handle when pushed just right, but Lex is a master of having that smooth, controlled demeanor. Jesse Eisenberg was just so twitchy and juvenile.

Yeah, but you send CIA jr for that, not Clark.