Cartoonfags is he any good?

Cartoonfags is he any good?
thewrap.com/alex-hirsch-write-spider-man-animated/

Miles? No, he sucks.

But that one chick who drew him early on drew him as shota bait with Venom.

Spider-Man and Pokemon are good choices, but am I the only one who really wanted him to write the Portal movie?

Is Alex Hirsch good ? Yes but I've only seen Gravity Falls. Miles is alright.

>video game
>movie

Nah.

>the havk with diversity man
Just fuck my film up senpai

He's going to shove a 1000 Trump jokes in this

Well its not like he could do any worse to the character. That said, I hope this tanks and Marvel finally gets the idea that no one gives a shit about Miles, nor will he ever be Spider Man

nah he's a nervious wreck

Lord and Miller are still the main writers, yeah? I think we'll be fine.

This. I really want this movie to bomb.

>Marvel film
>With Spider-Man
>Written by Lego Movie guys
>Story revised by Gravity Falls dude

It'll sell on name recognition alone. What you SHOULD be hoping for is that Marvel starts valuing Miles as a property, and rips him out of Bendis's hands for more SYNERGY.

Eh. He;s OK, but his biggest problem is his control freak tendencies.

Season one and the first half of season 2 of Gravity Falls are among THE best cartoons ever made. But he got burnt out because he wanted to do everything himself. He literally wrote EVERY episode of GF, in addition to directing them. So a bunch of stuff got rushed at the end because he was just so tired of it all.

Now, since this isn't his baby? Yeah, he should be fine. He's got a comic wit in tune with the best Simpsons era, and he can manage tender and suspenseful moments equally well.

He's alright, I don't know how much damage you can do with a role of "Story Contributor".

Sassy.

I never did much research on Miles. From what I've seen, Peter Parker is dead, Miles looked up to him and wants to be "The Spiderman". Not "The BLACK Spiderman", just like Peter.

This is what I have skimmed. How wrong am I? What is his personality like? Is he even remotely redeemable?

>What is his personality like? Is he even remotely redeemable?

hes kinda just there. everytime something interesting happens to him, bendis manages to pull him back into the safezone. written well, he could be one of the most interesting teen heroes in marvel

>What is his personality like?
Safe, bland, inoffensive, almost non-existant.

People will tell you he's "black Peter" but that's bullshit because Ultimate Peter was an impulsive, quick-to-anger hothead.

Basically he just always freaking out, shitting a brick because being a superhero and a teenager at the same time is really stressful. He's got strong powers which is good because he acts like a pussy instead of a fearless brave hero like Captain America or Wolverine

>He literally wrote EVERY episode of GF

He also had a staff of writers with him for several of them. He didn't go full Bryke.

He is redeemable if they ripped him from Bendis's old, bland hands and gave him to someone who wants to give him a personality

His only major problem is that he burnt out being a show runner but since he's not doing that here it should be fine.

>That said, I hope this tanks and Marvel finally gets the idea that no one gives a shit about Miles, nor will he ever be Spider Man

No one will give a shit about Miles because Peter is around and being Spider-Man.

I shit you not. Half the people who shit on Miles but LOVE Peter would still pick up Spider-Man if Peter wasn't in it and Miles was Spider-Man.

If they just.. nerfed his fucking venom strike i'd be fine with his power set. But they like to write it as his "WIN BUTTON"
As for his personality he reminds me of a friend of mine so i get a kick out of it. There are situations where he's good and i'll give him this, watching Miles hang out with Sam Nova is fun since they're basically a couple of idiots. Has honest potential but, fuck if they don't backtrack on him. And Lastly it's fucking awkward that Bendis will have a page of "i don't wanna be black spiderman" But literally the next issue or two "But i'm black" or "remember you're representing us" when that shouldn't matter to Miles.

TL:dr:He's not bad but, they bring up he's black too much. We get it.

>I never did much research on Miles. From what I've seen, Peter Parker is dead, Miles looked up to him and wants to be "The Spiderman". Not "The BLACK Spiderman", just like Peter.

You're not wrong, but the only reason Miles exists is to HAVE a "Black Spiderman."

That real life diversity ploy context has led to Miles being bland as all fuck.

He'll totally job on the ending

>Season one and the first half of season 2 of Gravity Falls are among THE best cartoons ever made

He is there for the new progressive readers to feel better about themselves.
His personality is trash because they get scared of stereotyping him and all they have to do is pretend he's white and give him a fucking persoanlity.
I had an argument with some one who liked this character and I asked them what distictive personality trait does he have. all they could come up with was how he interacts with his family. they couldn't name what he likes what he dislikes, what does for free time. Anything that would carve out this guy's personaily. He's only there because he's black.

>I shit you not. Half the people who shit on Miles but LOVE Peter would still pick up Spider-Man if Peter wasn't in it and Miles was Spider-Man.

Bullshit. The same thing happened when they replaced him with Ben Reilly and everyone jumped ship.

Virtually non existent. I have no idea what everyone else is talking about, because his personality is basically "whatever something obvious the writers want to point out."

>Is he even remotely redeemable?

No.

Thats also what happened with Ultimate Spider-man i don't remember the sales spiking up after the number 1.

A shit ton of people left when Miles came around, but not nearly as many people that left during Clone Saga. Mostly because they saw it as a alternate universe, so it didn't matter. If they pulled that shit in 616? Marvel would lose /everything/. Then they'd bring Peter back and Miles would try to start a zombie outbreak.

>What you SHOULD be hoping for is that Marvel starts valuing Miles as a property
The future is bleak.

You know he'd be more interesting if he had a survivor complex and shit like that. Literally give him faults, and nerf his venom blast. Thats all ya gotta do.

Yes, he just has a couple of dedicate haters here on Sup Forums.

Miles is pretty decent outside of Bendis.

>Miles is pretty decent outside of Bendis.

He's really not though. He just kinda shows up, states the obvious, and turns into a background character. No one knows what to do with him.

Miles is okay.

It's just the rest of Marvel's/Bendis's shitty bastardizations of characters that are horrible handled and ham-fisted.

>mfw reading that America storytime last night and they had to mention that she was queer every other page

Nothing against being queer, but holy fucking shitty writing if you have to remind the audience that often. Hell, that's like telling people Tony Stark is an alcoholic every other page in every issue of Iron Man.

a Marvel animated product that might not suck? Finally.

I like miles because he's a different character than peter parker, he's spiderman but he's not peter. you could expect marvel to do something like "hey, we need a black spiderman so let's just change peter parker origin and make him a getto african american boy" but instead you have miles who is not peter parker and I like that.

But he has yet to be written well. No other writer, besides the one who did Ms. Marvel, has ever been able to write Miles well. Mostly because there's practically nothing to go off of. The character is the most bland thing ever, might as well give Plank from Edd Ed and Eddy a movie.

He'd have to have a personality to be like Peter.

Current Champion and Totally Awesome Hunk appearence he's had that problem in others he's bounced well off the characters, pushing them up while being his own. Ms Marvel and Gwenpool are my favorite crossovers.
Heck, even under Bendis back in the Ultimate era the Vemon arc and the team up with Jess and crew was still pretty interesting.

He's a liberal hack. Prepare for Gay Spiderman, Dr. Octodrumpf, and for the series to end halfway through what was promised without a real proper conclusion.

That was before the Ultimate Universe ended. Miles is hanging out in the main universe now, so there are two Spider-mans running around and one of them's black.

oh right, the official Sup Forums personality test. "if a characters isn't wacky or evil then said character has no personality."

>Season one...of Gravity Falls are among THE best cartoons ever made.
Season one, which is like 25% "Dipper has a crush on Wendy?" Season one which has so many episodes with Dipper dropping everything for Mabel basic pattern recognition makes her seem like a giant load?

Describe his personality to me without using the words "outcast" or "introvert".

Do you know what a personality is because an Introvert is a personality

black

No, it's what writers say their character's personality is when they have none.

>How come *insert character here* has really awkward scenes and doesn't interact well with the rest of the cast.

>Oh, he's an introvert.