BTFO

How will Amazon ever recover?

Other urls found in this thread:

dilbert.com/strip/2004-07-28
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

JRR Tolkien would be 'spinning in his grave' over the film, too, according to his son.

Tolkien was spinning in his grave over John Rhys Davies version of Gimli.

Really?

I think he'd be more outrage that lootboxes that have legendary orcs exist in a LOTR video game

>I think he'd be more outrage that lootboxes that have legendary orcs exist in a LOTR video game
lol

>where there's a whip there's a way
WTF? I didn't know Raimi directed this

What wouldn't Tolkien be spinning in his grave over?

Reminder Christopher Tolkien resigned in shame after he betrayed his father for a big pile of money

D list actor bitches about his only real success more new at 11.

The nigger in Shadow of War

A black and white movie adaptation that has 70% of its runtime dedicated to silent shots of nature and the rhythmic crunching of twigs underfoot

prof tolkien is in heaven. he don't give af

The movie version of the Shire and muh hobbits.

This. Tolkien was anti-racist, rejected Nazis, said he would be proud if he had Jewish ancestry and had his life saved as a child by his black maid in South Africa. He has nothing to do with white nationalists and their bigotry

He's a xenophobic Islamophobe fuck him

Tolkien spins in his grave so much we could just attach a generator to the casket and he could power a small city for years.

>stealing Dilbert jokes

Was Tolkien really even in it for the writing? I thought it was all just sort of a side thing as he created his own languages?

It's a good thing he stepped down and will expire soon.
>hurr duurr he protect the IP from shit adaptations!
Yet we get Hobbit and those two crap OC games.
He was useless

Have they announced anything other than them doing shadow of war tier storylines that are completely made up with new, made up characters?
I'm very disappointed, they should have just done an accurate tv-series adaptation of the book

>Was Tolkien really even in it for the writing?

For his sake, I sincerely hope not. His prose is wretched

sauce please, haven't heard it before and it was a good joke

>Yet we get Hobbit and those two crap OC games
That's because Tolkien sold the rights to LOTR and Hobbit in the 60s.

>His prose is wretched
Found the amerifat.

lol, brb just going to dedicate over 10 years of my life to writing a 450k+ word book because of these languages I made up years before.
Tolkien wasn't as much of a purist as his son, Christopher. In fact, when talking about a film adaptation, he suggested things they could cut from the book to make it fit into film-format, including the entire Helm's Deep storyline.

dilbert.com/strip/2004-07-28

nice, thanks

anons delivery was better desu

American literature is far superior to stuffy British hum-drum dross. And it is far more nourishing for the mind. Rowling, the mother of millennial sub-literacy is but the daughter of Tolkein and Lewis

Funny. If you don't mind I will use some day.

Disgusting opinion.

I bet Daniel Glover stars. I hate him. He ruins everything

WE

His son is a contrarian plebeian faggot. Case closed.

Link? Sounds interesting.

>small city

You mean Hobbiton?

He said all that but he still wrote a book about how tall white people are good and slant eyed swarthy people are bad.

t. Brainlet

Brainlet doesn't even know about classic Beowulf or the Norse Eddas that Tolkien emulated for Lord of the Rings.

How is it possible to be this pleb?

Two tall white guys are literally the ultimate enemy and both have to be taken down for the good of the world.

im gonna kill myself

Yeah but Gandalf and Elrond don't get taken down in the books

Not really. He explained his opinions pretty well. You have to realize that these stories were his life, and they meant other things to him than they meant to Jackson
Nope. He nevers poke in behalf of JRRT. They were his opinions

>American literature is far superior
To Mexican literature. Maybe.

kek

biopic when?

"No!"

>Beowulf or the Norse Eddas

Yes I am well acquainted with the ancient versions of capeshit. The Germanic mind unLatinized produces nothing but trash. Tolkien, an observant Catholic should have known better than to turn to such garbage for inspiration

I think Idris Elba would be a good choice, and he's got a spot coming up in his schedule.

I would unironically watch it with this cast

american and british "literature" are both utter garbage, don quijote alone blows the fuck out both of them not to mention the rest of europe

hell even slavs are better

"No!"

Kek. ringwraiths should all be white guys though

Wow... so this is the power of /lit/

eddas are exclusively icelandic

>ancient versions of capeshit
Nigger it's fucking mythology all mythology is ancient versions of capeshit, where else would he get inspiration from if he was trying to build a mythology for Britain?

im gonna hurt myself

He would become Hitler 2.0 if he saw the state of England today

Orcs aren't people. There are evil "whites" in the story, and the "evil men" aren't actually that evil. They have good reason to hate Numenorians and Sauron plays on this. They are described as valiant fighters who don't surrender easily.ยจ

So here's basically what you just said: "The protagonists are white. Tolkien is racist"

Please don't

i have nothing left, i wont sleep soundly ever again until the jewish menace is done with

>"even"

slavs may be subhuman but you cannot deny their outstanding contributions to every form of art there is

Sorry sweetie, but Greco-Roman myth (as well as Near Eastern) entertains as well as informs. They touch upon the primal and ravish the senses. Real essences and truths of human nature are iterated with stunning insight and timeless perfection.

In contrast, Germanic `barbar` babble tells you nothing, Its utter trash. It`s theater and spectacle and a cup of cheap wine. No respected institution has that crap as part of their general curriculum

JRR Tolkien is dead. Dead people can't spin. They are just rotted meat and bone.
Besides, the casket is probably too small for the body to fully rotate.

What a stupid statement.

>ywn spin with Tolkien in his grave
Feels bad man

Pretty sure his coffin has already rotted away a long time ago and he doesn't have room to spin.

>entertains and informs
The only 'informing' Greco-Roman myth does is 'don't piss off the gods even if by accident' and 'if an oracle says bad shit is going to happen you're fucked'.

>Not Kang of the Rings

His son was just mad that Hollywood out-kiked him with their Hollywood accounting

t. Velvet room attendant

the movies improved tolkiens shitty books, anyone denying this is just some geeky obsessive fanboy.

>Orcs aren't people

YOu disgusting piece of shit!

>TV show comes out
>It's actually better than Peter Jacksons
>It's darker, grittier, the special effects are all updated
>No immersion breaking quips
>No cringe worthy scene of Legolas sliding down a staircase on a shield taking out dozens of Orcs that seem to tumble over at the slightest bump of a Elf
>No annoying slow motion shots of Frodo looking like an stupid twink boy
>Gets better reviews than the original LOTR
>Pulls in insane number of viewers weekly
>All you fags watch it anyways
>All the actors from the original trilogy watch it anyways

Watch these bitter old has-beens get BTFO when this show gets released

>It's darker, grittier, the special effects are all updated
TRASH

Dude, it's a prequel, you're as misinformed as the shitposters harping on about it

Low fantasy dark&gritty shades of grey edgy theme fits it more than the happy cartoon.
Read Children of Hurin and tell me thats not grim shit.

>darker and grittier
Dropped. That doesn't make a movie better. The movies and books were plenty dark enough without having to go into "lol the orcs skullfucked corpses" and coldsteel tier garbage

>It's actually better than Peter Jacksons
>It's darker, grittier

that's an oxymoron

Russian literature is top-tier

i hurt myself today

There is nothing you can say that will make niggers acceptable in this world

dude shut the fuck up

vidya cancer fags deserve it desu

im dead

That's a good trick

i got the reference

>ring wraiths arent wearing KKK robes
You had 2 jobs.

Kill yourself my dude

>tfw you will never be JRR Tolkiens young son listening to him tell tales of middle earth

Why even live

Best case scenario is season 1 is fucking great and then when viewership soars it gets more and more jewed until we're left with a steaming pile of shit

Children of Hurin is the most bleak book I have ever read, I'd love to see a film version but they would just fuck it up.

we all know season one is gonna middling at best, budget cuts kick in for the second season and it gets shelved

No there'll be a big battle that happens off screen

>ywn never watch lotr of the rings for the first time

did he spin in his grave for this too?

>burps

SALTED PORK XD

THAT STILL ONLY COUNTS AS ONE XD

>falls off a horse

TOSS ME XD

Tolkien has been free spinning in his grave for over a decade

funny how they toned down the niggerness of Balthazar from the trailer to the release build

They had "quips" in the books too.

guys i got quads can i get a you