If Wolverine's claws are usually residing in his body...

If Wolverine's claws are usually residing in his body, doesn't that mean that they would be slightly wet from some weird body lubricant?

No, it would mean they'd come out with the tips and base bloody because they literally tear through his flesh every time he pulls them out.

are you implying that blood isn't a lubricant?

Doesn't make a very good one in my experience, but whatever gets you off.

Before this came up in the first X-Men movie I just figured it worked like cat claws.

I would say pus but he heals too fast for that. maybe now that he is old though

How? He just permanently just has the holes in his hands there all the time?

Didn't the cartoon show his hands with those metal nubs all the time?

>weird body lubricant

lymph or blood. the difference being that blood has blood cells

Wolverine is the only major comic character I can never get into

Its the costume, hair and how dumb he is

the blades are longer than his hand. HOW DOES IT WORK

do they go up all the way into his arm??? Does his healing factor help him recover from slashing his wrists internally???

Or does he actually work his claws through magic

Here you go, OP. This should be a good guide.

nano tubes! his claws are the internet !

>do they go up all the way into his arm???
Yes
>Does his healing factor help him recover from slashing his wrists internally???
Yes. He actually slashes his wrist long slashes of his forearm and cuts holes in the back of his hands. Everytime.
>Or does he actually work his claws through magic
Maybe. The biomechanics of having claws hidden in the forearms are really wonky. Like every other mutant power it's about 90% magic, 10% pseudo science.

>all problems are handwaved off as "silicon"

>silicon
Is everyone forgetting that his claws are perfectly natural and evolved?
The metal is just a coating

None of that is true. Maight be true in the movies, but in the comics the claws are natural to him, just coated in adamantium lie the rest of his bones.
No silicon sheats, no nanotube. The raised things on the back of his hand are part of his uniform.

I got a metal nub for you right here, bub

Depends on the time period. Most of the time, the claws rip straight through the space between his knuckles. In the 90s, he had metal implants that allowed them through without tearing up the inside of his hands.

I forget, in the comics are the weird bud-sheath things at the base of claws part of his hand all the time, or are they just part of his gloves?

If they are embedded in his hands, are they an addition by Weapon X and do they serve a purpose?

I don't think they were initially. I think at the outset, Logan's only mutant ability was his healing factor and the claws were artificially implanted when they coated his skeleton. It wasn't until later on that they were retconned to be natural parts of his body.

That was such a stupid retcon
It makes Weapon X a lot less monstrous
Like, they corrupted a passive ability into an aggressive one

With the bone claws, it's now like Weapon X didn't do anything but make him better at what he already was.

Oh that gif is just unnerving.

Do you mean they made him the best at what he does?

unrelated, how do surgeons avoid this?

Avoid what? Admantium claws?

>Looks like we have another successful appendectomy. Nurse, prepare to close him up
>But, doctor, what about the claws?
>Ah fuck, not again

it's a coagulant, literally the opposite of a lubricant, or you'd die every time you get a paper cut

They're part of his gloves so that he doesn't ruin them every time he snikts.

screenshitted for posterior

there's a reason why a good chunk of the time he's screaming when he whips them out or attacks people with them (natural berserkering aside, of course).

they don't have sheathes?