Why did cartoons go to such shit during like 2007-2014?

Why did cartoons go to such shit during like 2007-2014?

I mean don't get me wrong, we're still not back to the glory days of the Golden Age (Looney Tunes and Disney) or the 90s/early 00's (Hey Arnold, Rugrats, Pinky and The Brain, Animaniacs, Batman The Animated Series, Gargoyles, Samurai Jack, Avatar The Last Airbender) but there's at least a handful of decent shows now (Steven Universe, The Loud House and Star vs). During this specific time period I'm talking about

>Cartoon Network starts making shit like pic related, Camp Lazlo, My Gym Partner is a Monkey, gave the annoying orange a tv show
>Spongebob starts going to shit
>Fairly OddParents starts going to shit
>Disney Channel, which was never GREAT cartoon wise but at least had some good stuff and played Disney/Pixar movies goes absolutely full retard and starts appealing to autistic/ADHD retards
>Adult Swim tries to cash in on Tim and Eric's success by making way too many live-action shows and letting almost all their animation go to shit
>Squirrel Boy, CN Real, Post Movie SpongeBob, Chowder, Fanboy and Chum Chum, Uncle Grandpa, Super Mountain Fort Awesome, Problem Solverz, Sanjay and Craig, Poof/Sparky Era FOP, Breadwinners, Mr Pickles, Allen Gregory, MAD.

Seriously, this was one of the darkest moments for cartoons ever. As I said we still haven't fully recovered but god damn when I think back to this shit it just seems like everything which was long-running started to go to shit and everything new was fucking awful.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007–08_Writers_Guild_of_America_strike
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>decent shows
>SU and Loud House
>no adventure time, Gravity Falls, wander or Gumball

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007–08_Writers_Guild_of_America_strike

>The only animated television programs affected by the strike were Fox's The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill and American Dad!
Care to explain yourself, user?

>lumping Chowder and Uncle Grandpa in with those shit shows
I mean, they're not my favorite cartoons but they're consistently good. I'm watching UG right the fuck now and while it's a pretty mediocre episode, it's still far better than most of that 2007-2010 shit you named.

>CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE

This is a copypasta, you just tweaked the year range slightly

Fuck you Chowder and Flapjack were fun

FUCK I had so much hope in that show.
The series suck but the movie was ok.

Camp Lazlo(2005), My Gym Partner's a monkey(2005), and Squirrel boy(2006) came out BEFORE 2007, OP

Animaniacs were REALLY not that good, the writing made me cringe even at the time, it was pure shock value and nice visuals carrying it

You mispelled Family Guy, except for the part about the nice "visuals".

Am I the only one who liked Camp Lazlo? Admittedly I haven't seen it since it aired so I haven't given it a chance as a developed adult so maybe it really was bad.

The alien sister was hot

You grew up.

Fuck off, understand this: cartoons are for kids. You can either enjoy them or not, but stop pretending they should pander to you.

Cartoons have always been shit the only difference is that with lower production values you can shit up more shitty shows and that with the huge amount of video games and iPhone crap kids buy less toys, kids buying less toys means less shows focused in action and more unisex cartoon shit that plays good with both sexes. Grow up, Arnold, rugrats and sponge Bob were never good you just have nostalgic eyes they were only popular. In 20 years some faggot living with his mom will complain about newer cartoons being bad.

Where can I find episodes of this show? I searched a while back, but nothing came up.

>Naming Camp Lazlo, My Gym Partner is a Monkey when they came out in 2005
>Calling Chowder & Flapjack shit

Kill yourself, my man.

Came here to post this. I need to see how bad it supposedly was.

Let's see what came out in 07

>Stormhawks
>El Tigre
>Codemonkeys
>Chowder
>The Drinks Crow Show
>Phenous and Ferb
>Superjail
>Xavier Renegade Angel
>Shaun the Sheep
>George of the Jungle

>The Nutshack

Don't see anything wrong here.
OP just being a fag I guess.

Funny thing about that is, you're not gonna find it. The show was so bad that nobody wanted to record it. It's technically lost media.

user, I googled "out of jimmy's head episodes" & actually found some on YT. I remember doing that a couple of years ago & got nothing, so I guess it's now been found. :D

Is P&F really that old? Holy shit my memory must be bad cause I though Storm Hawks was 2004 or '05.

>THAT CHICK FROM PLANET ATTITUDE IS MY SISTER

>implying adventure time or gravity falls were good

But, user, you're on Sup Forums. Realize, that means a better-than-average chance that OP reads comic books. And comic books have done nothing but pander to manchildren since the 80s, so OP almost certainly feels entitled.

Cartoons have always been mostly shit with a few outliers.

not to mention the cancer that is behind that containment board was made in this period

> Being a retard that is wrong

>no regular show

Not OP but outside of X:RA I honestly don't know what you see in the rest, except maybe the Drinky Crow Show which I personally found hit or miss with an offputting art style but it at least had a lot of heart.

I guess P&F is suppose to be good but I never watched it so I can't speak to it.

The first season of Superjail was alright too I suppose. I don't put it anywhere near the top of [as] original programming though

The 00's were absolutely a dark age for cartoons, though. Not as bad as the 80's or 60's, but real bad. Adventure Time booted up a brand new age of creativity, where Flapjack and Chowder had failed to.

>MOM COULD HELP BUT SHE'S IN SPESS AT THE MOMENT

Don't you say shit about the 80s!

80s cartoons are worse than 90s comics.

I don't know who you are or where you live, but those right there are fighting words.

The love interest of this show turned out nice.

A monkey can never be atractive regardless of how big her tits are

at least be creative.

Name pls

I can't drink that water, it's got negro genes in it now.

Threadly reminder that this particular show was not Snyder's fault.
Everything else kind of was, though.

Nah you fuck off. The content of cartoons changed DRASTICALLY after the Columbine school shooting. There was a moral panic that media was corrupting kids and anything remotely kid-oriented started getting sanitized. In the 90s and earlier you had cartoons that featured guns, drugs, sex, and death. These were still aimed at kids, but they contained more heavy subject matter. That virtually disappeared started in the year 2000, because of the public outcry against "muh ebil TV!"

And cartoons are STILL recovering from this shit. Because they're scared of pushing the envelope too far and rising outcry again and having to slide back down into the pit of self censorship to avoid being taken off the air by public demand. Things have calmed down just enough that kids shows feel they can feature actual violence and make the occasional lewd joke, but we're still a far cry from the freedom we had in the 90s.

Apparently she voiced On Ji from ATLA

The movie wasn't Snyder's fault(it came out before he was at CN), but the show may have been

90s to 2005 - golden age
2006 - transitional year
2007-2010 - shit
2010-2015 - good again
2016 - transitional year
2017-now - turning seemingly a bit shit

they didn't go to shit you got old

>DAD ISN'T QUALIFIED TO COUNCIL A DONUT

>BAM I DIDN'T SEE THAT TRAIN

>NOW I GOT CARTOONS COMING OUT OF MY BRAIN

>NO ONE CAN SEE THEM SO IT'S HARD TO EXPLAIN

>*EXPLAIN IT

or MLP

Dude, no adventure time? That show is the reason for the cartoons revival

I liked it, I also liked Chowder, MGPiaM,and the Reanimated movie, not so much the show

Is animaniacs over rated? I honestly can't remember and I'm afraid I won't like it if i go back.

It was watchable until they added in that godawful laugh track.

Maybe 7 is unlucky?

do you remember 90s movies and pop culture? if so then you'll get most of the "jokes" in the show.

Remember, about 60% of the 90s was actually good. Then again, 40% of the 2000s was good but the goodness was mostly in the beginning.