DC constantly gives attention to a Robin that people disliked so much they wanted him killed off

>DC constantly gives attention to a Robin that people disliked so much they wanted him killed off
>But give little to none to a Batgirl that people actually liked

Other urls found in this thread:

dc.wikia.com/wiki/The_Flash:_A_Celebration_of_75_Years_(Collected)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

She is not even considered a member of the Bat-Family in the other books that aren't Detective Comics

Good riddence. I never understood why some people even like her.

Because the writers believe that Barbara is good and not the piece of shit she is.

>people buy books with the Robin they hate
>they don't buy books with a Batgirl they like

she sucks.

Just because you weigh the same as a crowd doesn't make you "people"

Bat family is no girls allowed...except for Barbara of course

Isn't she overpowered?

Barbara isn't bat family, the kids, Alfred, the pets and Bruce are, Cass you could argue Jean Paul used to be too but the fact.

Jason is popular with 13-year old edgelord gamer-types.

>Barbara isn't bat family
Are you retarded?

>Barbara isn't bat family
wat?

That's kind of the point currently in her arc in Tec. That the only people she was around constantly was Harper and Stephanie.

With Stephanie having a breakdown and going, "WILD CARD BITCHES!" to the team. Cassandra finding it harder and harder to live as she's been trained. Harper meanwhile, has an inkling but Cassandra is more terrified of her because every time she looks at her she see's the daughter of the woman she murdered.

Yes, that's kind of the point since she NEEDS someone to help her. She needs family. Will Shiva heal her or not is the question.

Hardly. She's a tank, but put her against someone like the Scarecrow, Riddler, or Hugo Strange and watch them coast around her.

That and she thinks only of the mission, not of having a life beyond it. Compared to say Dick, Tim, Harper, Duke, and Stephanie. Really her and Damian are the only two who give a flying fuck of a life beyond vigilanting.

How is he getting more attention than Cass?

I think the OP is referring to Jason getting into video games and animated fare (movies, and TV show cameo).

While Cass got stuck in shitty video games (and getting put into the mobile version of a popular one but then again Jason wasn't even in it to begin with), 1 five second cameo in JL (if you think it's her), and basically Barbara getting shoe-horned in at any shot being Batgirl.

Least, that's what I think OP is going for.

I think they're referring to the fact that Bruce adopted Cass, which he of course never did for Babs.

I do sort of miss the old chemistry she had with Bruce. They had a fairly unique relationship.

I suppose, though I don't really see it. When I asked, I was thinking of them in comics, where's he's basically just there.

Kate and Barbara were both shown as core Batfam in the last Batman issue.

>Hero turned villain turned anti-hero who's relatable and actually has motivations and a goal
>Femme fatale that used to do ballet trope
Under the Red Hood was amazing and is basically how I got into comics. All I see of Cass on this board Is her doing kung-fu shit and that one sequence where it's implied that she had sex with Bruce. You all have yourselves to blame for making her seem boring as fuck.
I have no doubt that she is probably a compelling character, though. Hope your the characters you like get some good treatment.

Can't see beat Batman in a One v One how big of an accomplishment is that anyways?

I thought he was talking about Damien.

They don't make or sell books with the Batgirl I like.

>eyebrows
whew

DC kept milking the Jason death thing the way Spiderman milked the Gwen Stacey death. Since they never let anyone forget him but everyone hated him, they brought him back as a villain. People actually liked him as a villain so DC kept using him. Since they can't justify him sticking around as a villain without getting killed or his ass kicked all of the time, they made him an anti-hero.

Cassandra had a great run but DC fucked her up with One Year Later and kept fucking her up to the point that there was almost nothing left to salvage, resulting in the need for a clean slate when they finally decided to bring her back. Unfortunately, because someone has a hard on for Barbara, they can't have Cain take up as prominent of a role as she originally had.

Red Hood fags are the absolute worst, the most casual of casuals. I always expected the only reason you were all ultimately on this board was because of one movie.

Totally, is not as if Sup Forums is the pleb center of Sup Forums and friendly to casuals.

Give another year or two. Barbara's comic is failing. They'll realize the mistake eventually.

>it's a "Cassfags whine and distort history" episode

Friendly reminder that she's a failure as a Batgirl and no amount of "muh powerlevel" whining can change that irrevocable fact.

It really is too friendly to casuals in general, you're right.

Morrison's plan was always to kill him off. It was actually that the fans liked him enough that they brought him back.

Why are 90s character fans so terrible and whiny?

>Kylefags
>Wallyfags
>Dickbatfags
>Cassfags

All of them simply HATE every character to hold the title before and after their XTREME legacy replacement's run. Is this part of the "proud 90s kid" phenomenon, where they've made the era they were raised in the center of their identity and simply must inform everyone that their childhood was better than everyone else's?

It's often because the characters either had a good long run and are better than their predecessors (Wally, Cass) or were interesting concepts that didn't have enough time to shine (Dickbats).
With Kyle, he was in the best modern Justice League run and was the only GL for a while.

I'm a bit confused. I personally don't like how Cass generally fails in her individual stories, but she did beat Shiva. That was a thing.

I think they are talking about Damien... again, what I thought.

It hasn't failed despite 6 years of mediocre stories, man. I don't think Babs is going anywhere, sadly.

I love this description of "The Victim Syndicate." I should start using that: "WILD CARD BITCHES!"

Literally just fucking make a "Black Bat" comic.

DC can keep their Babs hard-on, and I get my Cassandra.

Jesus fuck.

Wally was the Flash for two decades before movie synergy and nostalgia demanded Barry's revival. Pretty much everything people like about Flash comes from Wally, while Barry was like Kirby X-Men in terms of how simplistic he was. Before Barry got brought back you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who actually dislikes him, as much as you'd be to find anyone under the age of thirty who preferred him.

The speed force, friendly rogues, Zoom, sass, hunger, ect. comes from Wally.

>Currently the central character of Detective Comics arc
>Solo book ran for seven years
>Complains because Red Hood has had a team book despite not lasting as long in its multiple incarnations

You autistic jackasses make me want to hate the character out of spite. Anything less than renaming DC Comics "Cassandra Cain Comics" isn't enough for you.

To be fair, the "Evil Cass" arc and subsequent mishandling of the character was pretty egregious. And no one has ever admitted it was a mistake.

On the other hand, I think it's incredibly unlikely that Tynion will let that happen again.

In fairness to OP Cass Cain was originally not in the cards with the New 52, and was probably only added later because of fans like him incessantly lobbying for her return.

Batgirl Vol 1 (Cassandra Cain) - 73 issues
Batgirl Vol 2 (Cassandra Cain) - 6 issues
Batgirl (Stephanie Brown) - 24 issues
Batgirl (Barbara Gordon) - 53 issues
Batgirl Vol 2 (Barbara Gordon) (Rebirth) - 8 issues

Yeah, Cassandra's gotten the short end of the stick for sure...

That's what Snyder and Tynion said about both Cass and Steph with the Eternal series. Though I'm pretty sure Tynion would have brought both back anyway, cause he's a 90s character fan.

That's not completely fair. Babs and Steph have tons of other issues.

I still need to go back and check the sales for Cass's solo.

I just want a Babs written like Oracle back as Batgirl. You can keep this Burnside imposter away from me. Which is sad, cause I love me some Babs.

Cass is cool too though.

Though many young women have worn the cowl—from unassuming librarian Barbara Gordon to deadly mute assassin Cassandra Cain to teen vigilante Stephanie Brown—all have made their distinct mark on the DC Universe.

I hope is better than the flash one.

What do you mean by "Better"?

Solo issues? No. Cassandra was the first ongoing solo that any Batgirl ever had. Barbara starred in occasional one-shots of anthology books like "Batman Adventures" but never her own series until the New 52.

I was generous and included Barbara's future's end and zero issues as well.

You're right that Steph never had another solo ongoing, but Babs had Birds of Prey, which was a team ongoing that functioned more like a solo than almost any other team books, because the team was just one or two characters. Don't forget that Babs was also a main in both of the other Batgirl books.

Reminder that Babs is and always will be a terrible character any time she isn't in a chair.

Flash Celebreration was mostly Barry Stories with a few jay wally and the terrible bart allen run. dc.wikia.com/wiki/The_Flash:_A_Celebration_of_75_Years_(Collected)

How is new Cass? Any character assassination?

I didn't read B&R Eternal because it looked like piss but apparently Cass was not portrayed well in it.

Stop putting asterisks on team books to prove your point. You're panicking.

What was this

She's been good in Tec, and barring her reintroduction, was poor in B&R Eternal.
I do love her new interest in Ballet, tough.

Avengers Arena.

It's going to be 99% babs. Cass and Steph will likely split a single page. I'll rage impotently and continue pirating

Wait are we talking abount damian or redhood?
I assumed damian because hes shit, now im confused about all the red hood talk

HEAT.

Collects: Batman #139, Detective Comics #359, Detective Comics #371, Detective Comics #422-424, Batman Family #9, Detective Comics #518-519, Batgirl Special #1, Batman Chronicles #5, Batgirl Year One #4, Birds of Prey #8, Legends of the Dark Knight #120, Batgirl #8, Batgirl #45, Batgirl #4, Batgirl #13, Batgirl #0, Batgirl #35.

Cass have a love interest other than Tim is disgusting.

Cass having a love interest other than justice is disgusting.

Cass is disgusting.

It's because, atleast in the case of Wally and Cass, were better overall successors to their predecessors. Wally for one completely molded the Flash mythos for what it is today. Cass fit in a lot better as Bathirl over Barbara who didn't start getting interesting until Oracle.

Pretty much.

Cass being interested in Tim is disgusting.

Unless Steph is with them, then it seems fine to me.

Fuck off, Ravager.

Jason's a lot more interesting because of how messed up he is/was (I haven't really payed much attention to the newer comics).

But when Jason came back from the dead, he was completely insane and pretty much a villain, then later an anti-villain, and then an anti-hero. Also Jason is another handsome pretty boy and Cass isn't really drawn as being very/nearly as attractive.

I read here once that the majority of the votes was actually for not killing him off,
but the writer on batman at the time fucking hated robin
Dont know if this is true

She didn't kick everybody's ass and someone made a sarcastic response to her, DC is dead to me.

I heard that most fans did hate Jason, but what caused him to get killed off was one person who was constantly voting for him to die.

>all scars must look like daggers and double-daggers

I hate anime conventions† ‡ † ‡ † ‡ † ‡ † ‡

Why does she wear what is essentially a gimp suit? Is she into the kinky stuff?

Traditional ninja + stitches to work as cartoony expressions.

Helena Bertanelli wore it for a little bit during No Man's Land, and after she got a mouth full of spray paint, she added the mouth cover.
And Cass knows that it looks spooky, which she uses.

The difference between the two options was only 70 or so votes. O'Neil mentioned in an interview that he heard someone set up his computer to automatically vote to kill for several hours. Whether or not this is actually true isn't clear.

Because it looks cool.

Also she played "Two for flinching" with bullets, so she probably is in to kinky shit.

Someone post lewd Cass.

What an ass
In a different timeline where Jason doesnt get killed off what kind of stories would he have i wonder

Mah nigga

thereasontheyrebooted.jpg

the worst robin is still more relevant than the best batgirl

prove me wrong

WORDWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDS

>yes, this is surely the best way to "write" a character that speaks in body language, let's give her an omniscient mind-reading narrator for everything she's meant to convey while she stands or sits still staring at people, and fill multiple pages with those giant narration boxes

Yeah but that's unfair because the worst Robin is literally Batman's son.

Which Batgirl is the thickest?

Oracle of course. She had a long time of not being able to move.

Truth.

Well the logical ship appears.

Batgirl: Year One proves that it is possible to write Barbara as Batgirl in an enjoyable, compelling way.

I just wish someone at DC was capable of it.

Cass is too devoted to justice and vengeance to have a steady romantic interest.

It's why, ironically, she connects so well with Bruce.

People who complain about the casuals are the absolute worst.

>People actually liked him as a villain so DC kept using him
This not true at all. A lot of people were pretty angry when DC start pushing Jason as villain in pre-n52 and Didio himself said that he got a lot of angery messages telling him that Jason is anti hero, not a villain.

>Jason is popular with 13-year old edgelord gamer-types
You know dude, I really can sense how bitter you are because Jason is popular. Stay mad.