So, how did Harry manage to keep his grades up, pass his exams and not get expelled since he never actually studies...

So, how did Harry manage to keep his grades up, pass his exams and not get expelled since he never actually studies, like in fourth year all he had to do was partake in that tournament.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5CapI3z7VtA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>implying he wasn't playing with his wand 24/7

so, whats the deal with soyboys and this series? why do they love it so much?

waiting for the meme

There he is, using the hottest meme like hes flashing the iphone x. God get some taste

I know you types get triggered by radical centrists like Jordan Peterson but he actually has a very good explanation for this from one of his university lectures

Waiter where's my pasta?

He was above learning. It's really dumb and not though through because its one of the dullest franchises in history. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

How did they get away with many of the faux pas that riddled the books and movies? Oh wait they didn't, and that's why it will forever be cemented as easily one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

He passed because he was fucking Gandalf

You just had to bait it out

>Jordan Peterson on why soy boys and feminists like Harry Potter so much
link?

participants are exempt from exams you dumbass, read the books

He doesn’t like HP because he uses The sorting hat instead of sorting himself out.

School is easy for smart people.

youtube.com/watch?v=5CapI3z7VtA

Why didn’t Rowling make Draco a girl?

The story would have been so much better if Harry had some sexual tension with his rival.

>implying he doesn't already
jesus christ is 2017

Animes melted your brain, smelly weeb.

LMAO

Harry actually trying to choose a career path to do after Hogwarts is way more of an issue in the books than it is in the movies, primarily because there's more important shit to focus on when it comes to the plot and the movies have less time to work with. In the books there's a whole portion where has to take a bunch of OWL exams in his 5th year (essentially wizard SATs or I guess AP exams would be a better comparison since there's one for every subject) and he has to do really well because he wants to be an auror and aurors are expected to have superb grades on all of theirs. After that they take NEWT exams in the 7th year to narrow it down further.

Why are Sup Forumsedditors like this allowed to shit up every board?

remember to drink your milk kids, or you'll end up like the weaklings from the hufflepuffs.

The tournament champions were excused from exams. Also he was a very average student, the training for the tournament was part of the reason he was great at DADA and little else.

Why did JK Rowling make Cedric Diggory the only notable, respectable Hufflepuff and then kill him off in the same book?

because she's a hack

Her original idea was to have all the main characters in different houses but couldn't come up with a way for them to interact enough, he probably would have shown up earlier if she worked it out.

The books do a much better job at addressing this

Basically Hermione does the majority of his work during his fourth year

Fairly sure he nearly got expelled and nearly failed on several occasions with Defence Against the Blacked Arts being the only class he excelled at.

This seems like an unnecessary amount of testing given the British population of wizards.

Even the idea of being so competitive for jobs is odd. It resembles a society of millions, rather then one of what, 30,000 at most? Graduates going into certain positions seems vital to keep their community going. I imagine it would be a lot more planned.

Because HE'S MY BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY

fucking muggleblood privilege.

The idea is that if you get the highest grade in even any one given subject you would probably gravitate towards something like that after school. The reason the standard for aurors is so high is because they have to go chasing after dark wizards who use unforgivable curses and the like. You don't want some mong who barely passed his defense against the dark arts course chasing after Voldemort.

that was actually pretty good

Why did Emma Watson and Tom Felton become worse actors the moment their voices broke?

They started to think too much. About themselves. And their carrer. And how they can make the world a better place. In short: they grew retarded.

I assumed they had more of a merit based, pass/fail system. Kill a monster, pass the grade.

The tournament was one day per event. And he didn't need to learn special skills.

Oh my fuck peak Emma used to be something else.

He's a star athlete and famous so the teachers are encouraged to give him a pass.

I want to know how he got anything done at all with a prime piece of Emma right next to him at all times. They must have been fucking on the sly ALL THE TIME until Rowling fucked everything up.

he copied Hermione's homework and notes

Same reason why idiots that only know how to shoot the basket go to beat universities.

>So, how did every NFL nigger ever manage to keep his grades up, pass his exams and not get expelled since he never actually studies, like in fourth year all he had to do was partake in that tournament. All that while actually being illiterate.

so he's basically a nigger?

Oh sorry am I shitting up your Harry Potter thread? Was your Harry Potter thread not a piece of shot before I showed up?

Look out guys we have a anonymous poster claiming that HP threads aren’t all shit before they even begin.

Fuck you buddy.

underrated

>you will never surgically attach your mouth to Emma Watson's asshole

Why didn't Hermione use the time machine to save Albus Dumbledore?

Why didn't she use it to go back in time and kill Voldemort while he was taking a shit? and if she couldn't why couldn't she give it to Snape or Dumbledor so they could do it instead?

homophobe

4/10
8/10

He had high IQ.

He was having sex with dumbledore to pass obviously.

Why was there a dedicated class for kkk nazi white supremacists and why did no one object to it?

They do some retarded shit like this in the stage adaptation sequel. Only that they go and stop Voldemorts daughter from warning her father.

Objectively the best Hermione, just imagine how tsundere she'd be, but still curious about her sexuality.

there were blacks in slytherine.

I know right? can you even imagine the ignorance it would take to question a progressive???? Like HELLO, we're trying to help you scumbag garbage white male fucks assimilate and you're resisting, do you not know what year this is hahaha. Ugh, humiliating.

how is defense against the dark arts racist? oh right, self defense is racist according to blm