Zack Snyder Regrets he didn't get to finish Justice League

I think we're gonna end up hearing about the dirt on this production. Snyder's a good dude with an established relationship with WB so stating this on opening day, even if only on Vero, is a big deal.

If I was Snyder, I would've filed a grievance with the Directors' Guild. It's one thing for the studio to get final cut. But what WB has done is actively causing damage to Snyder's career. That's what the guild is there to protect, among other things. It'd also be nice for them to get out in front of the increasing trend ofmajor studios firing or taking films away from the directors - sometimes 90% of the way through filming, like with Solo - and making their own versions filmed by ringers and mercenary directors.

My New Year's Resolution for 2018 is to take a vacation in Hollywood to see if I can get a chance to spit on Tsujihara or one of the other WB execs.

Cute

>actually expecting Joss "The Boss" Whedon not to wreck your shit when Disney owns his soul

Me too.

>You will never be brought back from the brink of depression in your darkest hour by thousands of adoring fans who love you for the effect you've had on their lives

>instead, you will watch films about waifus

I WILL WAIT FOR ZACK'S DIRECTOR'S CUT

>tfw will never see the original untampered full cut of justice league

>meanwhile the mouse has up and taken terrio
>we can't have nice things

if it takes forever I will wait

I hate Man of Steel, I hate Batman v. Superman, but God dammit I have to admit, he had a vision and good intentions as well. He followed what he truly thought was the right way, and even if it might've been misguided, it was still from his heart. He was passionate about these films and optimistic. I truly see what he was trying to do, and I will appreciate him for that, even if his final products were admittedly too far.

He's not wrong for what he did, he just wanted to make HIS Superman and Batman, not the ones from the comics. That was his ultimate downfall. He was ambitious, but in the wrong ways.

I still respect him, and I hope he can make something that WILL blow people away.

Is this real?

Makes me cry

but that part where he hits superman with a urinal

its a sink brah

The problem with Man of Steel, and to an extent BvS (which was meddled in somewhat by the studio as well, but Snyder and Terrio just about managed to rescue it from being a true trainwreck), is that whatever Snyder was going for was a bigger picture than the dull, shallow, instantly-gratifying nature of their competitors at Marvel. Man of Steel was not about Superman, it was about the character taking his first steps into becoming Superman. BvS was not really about Batman or Luthor or anything else, but Superman finding hope in a hopeless world. Like dominos falling, the big picture would only have become clear if he'd been able to finish his cycle of films without studio meddling.

So for all we know, Snyder's Justice League as originally envisaged could have completed the cycle, or set the audience up for its completion in a future film, by moving these characters and the world they inhabit closer to the traditional ideal we hold of them. Man of Steel made it clear that the idea of the DCEU, at least originally, was to place these heroes from literally a different age into a modern-day context and explore the impact they would have on the world around them, and in turn the impact the world around them would have on them. Unfortunately we'll most likely never know if he could have stuck the landing or not.

>he doesnt know the phrase "everything but the kitchen sink" is commonly used when 2 dudes are fighting it out

Snyder, forgive them, they are complete plebs.

pull that shit up jamie. holy shit.

I have just finished BvS
It has some major writing problems, but, fuck, it's shot like a proper 200.00.00$ colossal masterpiece.
You could literally watch it without audio and it's still fucking art

Why does Sup Forums glorify a hack like Zack?

Baby's first kino

>But what WB has done is actively causing damage to Snyder's career

You must be fucking joking right? Rest assured Snyder doesn't need anyone to cause damage in his own career. The day he will make a really good movie everyone will know about it don't you worry. But this day as yet to come.

Do you even understand how blockbusters production are these days? You think WB was going to cancel the release date setup years ahead in an extremely competitive period for Hollywood because one employee of theirs quit? Holding the marketing dept in satndby, the distribution dept on standby, rescheduling several thousands of movie screens on a global scale?
You think WB was going to just wait for him like they did with Stanley Kubrick perhaps? How fucking deluded are you?

Why is it not surprising that he types like a 14 year old girl?