Which one is most popular in America today?

Which one is most popular in America today?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TfVdkhvQX6g
youtube.com/watch?v=_V2sBURgUBI
tumblr.com/tagged/f.r.i.e.n.d.s.
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

King and of Queens

Today? Friends.

in the 90's seinfeld.

frasier was never popular

>Today? Friends

Good one

>frasier was never popular
Season 6 was the third highest rated show on tv in 1998-99 behind ER and Friends.

They're all pretty forgotten by now.

definitely not Frasier

I've never heard of anyone talk about frasier at all. Even at its peak it was less popular than friends.

more facebook memes and such. The show just aged better for the millennial crowd. Seinfeld is kind of dated in its sense of humor.

Seinfeld is eternal

Are you posting from 1996 or some shit?

Friends. It was always better than Seinfeld and nobody gives a shit about Frasier.

Frasier will be popular for gen z. Mark my words.

Friends

Today it's friends. It's run ended the latest, it immediately entered syndication (and is now syndicated on many networks), and Aniston and Cox immediately got other high-profile roles in TV and film to keep it fresh in the collective memory. It also streamed on Netflix and was syndicated on Nick so it has reached the younger generations in ways the other two haven't.

Seinfeld would be second. It is syndicated on a major cable network and Julia Louise-Dreyfus has been in a few movies and some pay cable stuff. It was also heavily advertised on the internet when Hulu gained the rights. Milennials and younger will at least know about the more popular episodes like the Puffy Shirt and the Contest.

Frasier is only syndicated on more obscure cable stations and nobody from the show has gone on to star in anything else of note. It does stream on Netflix, but it will probably never be popular with milennials/ gen Z. It aired earlier than Friends and even the premise of a radio psychiatrist being a minor celebrity is laughable and highly unrelatable to them.

Friends today.

Frasier is the only one I actually like enough to watch and without exception all of my peers in college hate it.

You severely underestimate millennials' deep nostalgia for the un-remembered 90s. Normies fucking love Friends, especially high school and college aged girls.

Also Friends is still on tv all the time. It's on twice a night in local syndication in most major markets. And on cable, in a 24 hour period, it airs 9 episodes in the late mornings/afternoon on TBS, 5 episodes on Spike in evenings/primetime, and 4-5 episodes on Nick at Nite during late night. There are only 4 hours of the day where I can't turn on the tv and find and episode of Friends playing.

It's also been in the Most Popular and Trending Now sections of Netflix for fucking forever.

Like I said, never underestimate the power of normie millennials. It's like Top 40. I personally don't know that many people who listen to that stuff, yet this is what tens of millions of people in America are streaming every week. They're out there.

i agree. it was also less sexist, having an equal # of females and males

Seinfeld

It's certainly not Frasier, that's for sure. It's too high brow for most people.

Seinfeld is and will continue to be

Friends is huge with the liberal tumblr and twitter crowd. They meme the fuck out of it.

Official normiebook show pages results:

Seinfeld
>5 million likes
>12 mutual friends like this

Friends
>19 million likes
>37 mutual friends like this

Frasier
>656k people like this
>2 mutual friends (this 19 British exchange dude and my 60 year old aunt lmao) like this

I'd say Seinfeld. It holds up better to repeat viewings than the other shows. With no moral dilemmas or any real drama, Seinfeld could keep the laughs going to the very end of each episode. I've been watching it on Hulu lately and I never knew how much stuff they cut from the network versions. The Bette Midler episode had a bunch cut out of it.

I will never understand the appeal of Friends.

I've tried watching it and I don't get it.

>I never knew how much stuff they cut from the network versions
You mean syndicated?

Are you a teenager?
Are you a girl?
Do you like romcoms?

Whatever it's called, but even the Edward Scissor Hands episode had the ending cut out when Jerry shaved Newmans his head bald.

Ah. Apparently Friends often uses the syndication cuts on netflix and Frasier too has several episodes where whole scenes from the original broadcast are missing.

I want to say Seinfeld, but I know Friends probably is, since I see that more posted on FB.

Seinfeld: now and in the future most popular with the college educated, coastal twitter crowd
Friends: with the younger dumber mostly female Facebook crowd
Frasier: with the older more intellectual more male Sup Forums crowd (well, if one guy counts as a crowd- kidding)

Seinfeld is far better than Freinds, and I say that as a millennial.

>Friends
normiebook bullshit, thought it does have it's decent moments
>Seinfeld
good comedy, superior version of Friends in every way
>Fraiser
they still show this on tv in my country on sunday mornings, it's not as good as Seinfeld but I enjoy watching it still

You're all wrong, true patricians with top tier taste watch Trailer Park Boys

lol no thanks

call me a hipster, but TPB was way better when they didn't get the normie attention after the revival. now they just play extreme versions of their characters with no subtlety at all.

what a cucked society

i recently rewatched some friends episodes.

it's absolute dogshit. how could i actually like chandler? he's fucking annoying, sarcastic all the time, horrible person. joey being a moron and ross being an awkward, temperamental geek as well. their personalities are so flat. rachel is just a female joey and monica a bit of ross. phoebe is like a low-energy, less funny kramer.

>People who aren't old enough to have watched them when they were on

Pretty much every great sitcom devolves into this eventually. It's sad. Peep Show managed to avoid it but only because they were such extreme characters to begin with.

friends and frasier went until 2004. I remember watching the series finales of both with my whole family.

Friends is more popular now. Seinfeld was more popular at the time.

>Frasier will be popular for people who have no cultural capital, who need sarcasm spelt out for them and look down on intellectuals

ok mate

congratulations, you're a normie

Seinfeld by far
Reruns everyday that often beat out mainstream new sitcoms on the basic three cable networks
Seinfeld was a meme machine in its time and remains one today
Friends is just a nice treat for bored millenials and those with nostalgia

At best in raw numbers Friends
Seinfeld's impact is way longer and much more powerful though

In terms of popularity, Seinfeld > Friends > Frasier

In terms of quality Fraiser > Seinfeld > Friends

If you like Friends, you're a woman.

Seinfeld. It has reruns constantly and is easily the most referenced show in normal life, at least among people 30 and older.

i agree

it was interesting to watch how the show sagged when it got picked up by netflix,the saddest part is you could tell they either got new writers/ran out of ideas or netflix gave them guidelines to work within

Seinfeld

>i have a friend named newman
>hes fat too

>having 37+ friends

what is the point in this?

Fraiser is woke.

youtu.be/TfVdkhvQX6g

>including more dykes in a comedy show
>better

ishygddt

>Reruns everyday that often beat out mainstream new sitcoms on the basic three cable networks
Uh no. I literally googled the most ratings from TBS reruns of Seinfeld in primetime and it gets like 500,000 viewers nowadays. Whereas pretty much every new mainstream sitcom on mainstream cable and broadcast tv get well over a million (and that's discounting the fact that most people are streaming stuff online, which doesn't count for ratings).

>Millienials remembering anything.

GenX here, your entire generation is a fucking joke. Delete this thread and let the big boys who actually lived thru the 90's discuss it little boys.

>I've never heard of anyone talk about frasier at all. Even at its peak it was less popular than friends.
Fraiser was reasonably big here in Europe. I have heard lots of people talk about it.

>forgotten
you have to be 18 to post here

>Frasier is only syndicated on more obscure cable stations and nobody from the show has gone on to star in anything else of note. It does stream on Netflix, but it will probably never be popular with milennials/ gen Z. It aired earlier than Friends and even the premise of a radio psychiatrist being a minor celebrity is laughable and highly unrelatable to them.
Fraiser is also a Cheers spin-off which young people have no idea about.

>Fraiser was reasonably big here in Europe. I have heard lots of people talk about it.
Brits fucking love it

>unironically using the generation labels
yeah bro a person born in 1963 has NOTHING in common with a person born in 1964 lol I'm a scientist fyi

nope. SJW's hate friends.

In Portugal it's Seinfeld, it used to air on one of our generalist channels at around midnight, for many many years.
I know a lot of Seinfeld fans, many die hard ones, it's a universal and timeless kind of humour I think.
Friends is the 2ndmost known, then frasier.
FOr me personally Seinfeld>>>>Frasier>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Friends
Friends doesn't even feel like a comedy to me, and if it's supposed to be a drama it's pretty weak too, but I've only seen a couple of episodes before giving up to be honest, the characters didn't seem real and they weren´t compelling to me

Definitely Seinfeld. Americans have developed a Pavlovian response to the show's theme. Simply listening to it is funny in and of itself.
youtube.com/watch?v=_V2sBURgUBI

tumblr.com/tagged/f.r.i.e.n.d.s.

moron

You're the dumbest fucker on this entire fucking site. Do you think everyone on tumblr is an SJW?

Holy shit kill yourself, never met such a dribbling retard like you. If I was you I'd just cease breathing, it would be a good start to improving this planet.

Holy fucking shit, you.

You do know that Millennials start in 1983 right? Remember cheers I was a Seinfeld fan never could f****** stand friends and the odd Frasier episode was entertaining but like other people have been saying in this thread almost no one really talked about Fraser. t. '85 millennial

I would wager that 50 years from now Seinfeld will be looked at as a classic and perhaps the most well known of the 3, but OP asked about Americans today and Friends is definitely the correct answer.

Sjws f****** hate everything, especially themselves.

Seinfeld - It's Alwyas Sunny in Philadelphia
Friends - How I Met Your Mother

WHat about Frasier's modern equivalent?

>WHat about Frasier's modern equivalent?

Frasier was popular and talked about but mainly with a more traditional, more affluent white audience that didn't care for the likes of Friends and Fresh Prince and co. Also people who had watched and loved Cheers and continued on because they loved Frasier's character. Most of Frasier's audience tended to skewed much older than the average sitcom. Someone who was 25 when Cheers started would have been 42 at the peak of Frasier's popularity. It's much more of a boomer show than gen x.

Yep. Frasier was incredibly well put-together and acted, but in the end it did boil down to a traditional family sitcom. Since Seinfeld and especially Friends, the 18-49 demo has skewed hard towards the "young single friends" sitcom.

>more affluent white audience
I came from a working class home, so maybe that's it. Fraser came on later as well? I feel like it came on around 9 while Seinfeld came on around 8 which might have influenced things

K

Seinfeld for good reason.

Frasier is only popular with wanna be sophisticated fedoras

Friends is only popular with women.

Why is this a copypasta?

Frasier = Leonard
Niles = Sheldon
Marty/Roz = Penny
Daphne = Bialyik

Seinfeld easily. Friends was fotm. Frasier was the new Cheers, literally, Frasier is a character from Cheers

Seinfeld.
Frasier's sadly in last place among normies, as is typical of all patrician works.

Fuck off. Your generation watch Friends and made it popular.

It's not you dipshit. Friends and Seinfeld did target the 20 and 30 somethings (Friends with teen viewers too) much more effectively. Look at the fucking subject matter of the shows and the way the humor is set up.

>Friends was fotm
>airs more in syndication today than Seinfeld does
Hmmmm.....

>it's always sunny in Philadelphia
I know they try to be but no. That show is shit compared with Seinfeld.

Seinfeld from Season 3 onwards was at 9 PM on Thursdays for the rest of it's run.

Frasier started at 9:30s on Thursdays after Seinfeld but then got moved to 9:00 Tuesdays until after Seinfeld ended and then it took it's old timeslot for two seasons before going back to 9:00 on Tuesdays.

Friends always aired at 8:00 on Thursdays for the whole 11 years

no. Frasier was a satire of the legacy of Reagan era "yuppie" mentality among the now-30 and 40 something white east coast upper class elite as it collided with the burgeoning new attitudes in the 90s: the cold war had ended, the economy was in a recession, a Democrat had become president for the first time in almost 15 years,angst and apathy prevailed among the youth, grunge and Seattle were the new cultural touchstones for white America. It was witty and clever with very sharp and often silly dialogue and comedic setups. It alluded to subject matter considered too highbrow for the masses, yet was funny even if you didn't get the references. It re-contextualized the sitcom format into something a bit more unique but didn't stray so far that it seemed alien. It helps that the show was created by people who had experience writing honest and funny depictions of familial and social dynamics across various economic class levels in urban America (Cheers, Wings, The Jeffersons).

Big Bang Theory is literally just the same obnoxious raunch and formulaic character archetypes as Two and A Half Men except they're nerds and geeks instead.

>Frasier is only popular with wanna be sophisticated fedoras

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Don't you dare