How is JJ directing Episode 9 a bad thing again?

How is JJ directing Episode 9 a bad thing again?

It's not.
There are a lot of Star Wars fans who hate him because they think he hates the Prequels

well I mean if you want him to continue his remake of triumph of the will with stormtroopers sure, it's a great idea. me, I find him a little heavyhanded and peurile

He's not a particularly good director that does anything interesting or tells interesting stories

Because he fucks up everything he touches.
LOST
FRINGE (after the end of LOST)
He bastardized Star Trek and turned it into a fucking lasertag Star Trek movie.
Then fucked up Star Wars with zero originality.

He's a shit director and TFA looks like a fan film.

That being said I bet no director could make a good Disney SW film

Oh he's also a massive jew lol

I thought you were gonna say because he's a kike. How about they hate him because he's an awful director who keeps rebooting beloved franchises in the most awful way?

>reboots 3 (three) franchises
>they all break franchise records

>Dunning-Kruger: The Post
The prequels have absolutely nothing to do with why I dislike Abrams. He is talented at making middling schlock targeted at the lowest common denominator. He is also fanatically anti realism or incredibly science/physics illiterate and despite those two things was given the helm of the two largest sci fi properties on earth.
Episode 7 was three movie version of lost: shit thrown in the wall that seem interesting as concepts but with no direction planned and invariably are let down because JJ writes himself into a corner, or off a cliff.
See: smoke monster, first order death planet star station, some weird statue foot, rey's lineage, that fucking button, luke, a submarine, Luke's lightsaber. Fuck JJ and fuck Lindeloff

awful director, Spielberg copycat devoid of visual storytelling originality. SJW on top of it all. I hated him years before Lucasfilm was even sold.

\thread

*the movie version of Lost

Or maybe because he's a shit director?

Lost was crippled by the writer's strike

Fringe was cripppled by Fox hating science-fiction and trying multiple times to get it cancelled by moving it to shitty time slots

Star trek, he deserves the L on that one. He should not have been put in control of the remakes.

Star Wars was crippled by Disney not wanting to take any risks. That being said, TFA was pretty good. It does have some annoying flaws, mainly the rehashed parts of ANH, but the action was good, the characters were decent, and the pacing and tone felt natural.

>the characters were decent

lol, shit comic relief Finn, Mary Sue Rey, literally who Poe

Alright, Transformers and Avatar made billions, that must mean they're good...Besides, JJ captilized on brand recognition, both Star Trek and Star Wars were going to make money no matter what because there was a huge fanbase waiting for a movie. Why doesn't he make his own movies? Too risky I guess.

finn's much more than comic relief, also why is that a bad thing?

Rey's good with the force. That doesn't make her a Mary Sue. By that logic, Luke was a mary sue in ANH after training with obi-wan for all of 30 seconds.

Poe had more depth and screentime than many other well-known star wars characters. I cared more about him getting tortured by Kylo Ren than I did about half the nobodies in the prequels

>Luke was a Mary Sue

He got his ass kicked by Tusken raiders, saved by Obi-Wan, got his ass kicked in the Cantina, saved by Obi Wan, got shot by blaster bolts training with Obi Wan, got saved by Leia on his 'rescue mission', got saved by R2 on his rescue mission, got saved by Han from Vader to make his one positive contribution all throughout ANH, and was a constant annoyance to the other characters for the first half of the movie.

Rey is an expert climber, scavenger, martial artist, pilot, mechanic, force-user, linguist, and is loved and desired by every character she meets - protagonists and antagonists.

You're right, totally the same situation.

>finn's much more than comic relief, also why is that a bad thing?
Because the whole betrayal and struggle to find his place is much more interesting than them brushing it off and turning Finn into a joke.
>That doesn't make her a Mary Sue. By that logic, Luke was a mary sue in ANH after training with obi-wan for all of 30 seconds.
No, she's definitely a mary sue while Luke wasn't.
>Poe had more depth and screentime than many other well-known star wars characters. I cared more about him getting tortured by Kylo Ren than I did about half the nobodies in the prequels
This is bait, right?

Because JJ is a hack. His stuff just relies on ADHD pacing so fast that you don't notice how retarded everything is. He writes roller coaster rides, not movies.

That and I can't stand how he need to shoehorn retarded "mysteries" into everything.Even in TV, this is an annoying and cheap gimmick to try to get people to keep watching, even though there's never any decent payoff. But it's infinitely worse in movies.

Because he directed episode VII.

my point is that neither of them are mary sues

Luke could understand both droids and jawas. He was also an expert pilot, mechanic, and force-user (30 seconds of training made him able to deflect blaster shots).

Rey could speak droid and whatever local language, scavenged her entire life to get by. She also got completely overpowered by a kylo ren who didn't have a gaping hole in his hip, and was later tortured by him using the force which likely awakened (wow almost like the title of the movie) some latent force abilities.

But go ahead, keep cherrypicking bullshit and ignoring 90% of my post so you can continue being a bitter, hateful asshole

He will inject the film with even more far left propaganda than he did with the first, especially now that Trump is president.

>Rey is an expert climber, scavenger, martial artist, pilot, mechanic, force-user, linguist, and is loved and desired by every character she meets - protagonists and antagonists.

And on top of all that she acts like a cunt to literally everyone, even BB-8, and people still love her unconditionally.

>brushing it off and turning Finn into a joke.

How did they brush it off? He talks about his history, how he has no name. It balances well with his sort of aloof nature, a nature one would expect from a rebellious stormtrooper.

>No, she's definitely a mary sue while Luke wasn't.

nice argument

>This is bait, right?

nice argument

>BUT I WANTED TO GO TO THE TASHI STATION TO PICK UP SOME POWER CONVERTERS
>Take care of yourself Han, it's what you're best at, isn't it?

Luke was a whiny little bitch too, but that's not all he was. Are you capable of seeing anything but black and white?

>nerds shoveling shit in their mouths because "muh nostalgia"

kys

Because he'll break our suspension of disbelief yet again with pants on head retarded space physics like he did with TFA's hyperspace lasers and Trek's black holes.

Luke couldn't understand R2 till later films, Threepio translated for him. He wasn't an expert mechanic, either. His great mechanic abilities included cleaning droids and fitting/removing restraining bolts. Compared to knowing the inner workings of the Millennium Falcon better than Han or Lando ever did. Nor was he deflecting blaster bolts - the first blaster shot he ever deflected was in RotJ. He was playing with a training toy with Obi Wan.

Rey spoke every language she came across. 'Whatever local language,' lol, she perfectly understood Shyriiwook. Guess she'd been all over Kashyyyk in her scavenging. Not to mention she dominated and completely overpowered (literally, phyiscally overpowered) Kylo Ren when they actually fought, as opposed to her being ambushed by him. And she wasn't tortured by Kylo, he attempted to read her mind, and she easily overpowered his mind probe, followed by her easily escaping from the middle of a massive military base without any assistance whatsoever.

And as far as ignoring 90% of a post, try a mirror. You tried (erroneously) to claim that Luke shared some of her skills. At best, he was a good pilot and failed at everything else he tried in the movie. You ignored or were straight up wrong about every other point, especially ignoring the fact that Luke is a whiny kid, who has people react to him like he's a whiny kid. Rey is stubborn and rude, and otherwise basically characterless, yet Han loves her, Chewie loves her, Finn loves her, Leia loves her (lol, Leia hugging Rey after Han's death), Maz loves her, Kylo loves her, Snoke loves her, and she's instantly trusted to go alone on essentially the most important mission the resistance has.

pathetic

Luke was a whiny bitch, and people treated him like the annoyance he was.

Rey acts like a cunt, and everyone loves her for it.

lens flair twirly cgi camera

Because EP7 is complete fucking garbage, I mean jesus fuck how the fuck is everyone okay with it? Its literally A New Hope, it literally ruins the character of Luke, it doesnt have a fucking villain its just fucking dumb

Actually you know what I'm gonna go further. Star Wars today represents everything wrong in whatever industry it is.

EP 7? A sterile product that has plot you're not supposed to feel fear, thrill, tense or anything else other than "fun" at any point, much like Marvel flicks and others blockbusters. Battlefront 2? A pay to win semi-gambling machine. Comics? Cringe ass dialogue that would never sound remotely normal outside of it. Rebels tv show? A shitfest that has some Vader and Ahsoka cheap cameos to get the audience back every once in a while

fuck this fuck star wars go ahead and call me a virgin faggot

This
He did exactly the same thing he did to star trek. Cringy pandering, action lasers just because, hilariously bad dialogue, overbearing sjw overtones and took a dump on the canon with the super special awesome new force user that happens to be a old hand mechanic, an ace pilot (Shes never flown anything), a perfect shot, force sensitive adept that curb stomps every master that came before her
into irrelevancy (going so far as to overpower the strongest force user we have seen on screen), a swordsman on par with a trained jedi turned sith...
The film was completely JJ-ed

I cant tell how much influence Disney had over that though because Rogue Wan turned out arguably worse.

you're... right user

This fucking bit pissed me off so much. What is this? What the actual fuck is this? Harry Potter? The wand chooses the wizard? The lightsaber chooses the jedi? FUCK NO, it's a fucking lightsaber god damn it this was such a fucking cheap fan service I will never stop being mad about this

Like seriously,
She should be the one training Luke

Where is her struggle? How does her character even develop after this? Theyre going to just throw in flaws and problems out of nowhere in the next movie to give the illusion of progression.
How is this a heros journey anymore?

No no no guys I just dont get it. What is something that almost everyone hated on the prequels? How "powerful" anakin is and everyone just keeps pounding on it. "omg his midchlorians" "omg the prophecy" "omg anakin has so much power" it was just so fucking dumb one of the most coolest thing about Luke is that he was just some kid that turned into someone powerful and then what do (((they))) do? "dude lets start the trilogy with the protag being a literal god lmao" fucking hell

Imagine if Luke kicked the shit out of Vader in ESB.

Man, that'd definitely make their next fight in RotJ tense and compelling.

>How is JJ directing Episode 9 a bad thing again?
jews jewing

>t.white knighting JJ

It's retarded, but I think I understand it.

Kylo was shown to be able to flat out put a fucking blaster bolt into stasis for like three minutes at the beginning, while also doing other force shit at the same time. He should be able to easily pull the lightsaber from the snow, but he clearly is struggling. Then suddenly it FLIES out at him, but he sees it isn't going towards his hand so he pulls away and it instead goes to Rey's. What is actually happening is that they were fighting over whose hand the lightsaber was supposed to go to, and it ended up in Rey's because it was established beforehand that (somehow?) she is more powerful in the force than he is.

Does she even have enough room for red blood cells with all those midichlorians?

at that moment it's not that she is more powerful, it's that she is more calm, collected and in control. ren is beaten by him thinking he's the big man who can murder daddy, take a crossbow bolt and it not have any effect on his mental state.

I always thought that a force user would feel some other force user pushing the same object that he is, but thats just my headcanon and your explanation is actually good

because he likes forced diversity

She overpowered his mind probe, overpowered him in a saber duel, and overpowered his telekinesis.

>he thinks Star Wars is a science lesson
>he thinks JJ had any real creative input in L O S T

retard

Because TFA was trash.
TLJ looks better than TFA.
>captcha: top gayman
You said it, Captcha, JJ is Top Gayman.

>mfw she mind-controlled that trooper

"but she was trained" you say and yeah Luke may have taught her some shit, but she was like 10 when she was abandoned and therefore stopped her proper jedi training. Are you fucking telling me Luke taught some 10 years old how to fucking control minds c'mon now

Rey was never trained by Luke. The timeline for when she was born, left on Jakku, and when Kylo destroyed the Jedi temple do not allow for her to have been present.

you are officially ready for reddit kid

Yes, but everyone except yoda agrees that the darkside is an order of magnitude more powerful than lightside.

If their positions were reversed and Kylo was a well trained jedi that studied for years it would make sense that Rey could become more powerful and quickly to learn the darkside, "Its faster, easier, more seductive" or whatever

In less than a week she over powered an fledgling (manchild) sith lord who had several successful campaigns behind him

Im open to explanations but remember, Rey hit Kylo dead in the face with a lightsaber and all he got was a cute scar while black trooper in armor bleeds out on the ground
Inconsistency is woven into the very fabric of this movie

jesus FUCK there is no god damn excuse then

>be a Hollywood Jewish elite
>take the script of A New Hope, make subtle changes, and diversify it
>retarded bugmen eat it up, because it's a famous IP
>get millions of shekels
>make episode 9 a rehash of Empire, complete with a speeders/AT-ATs scene

Ever since I was 7 or 8 years old, I dreamed about how cool episodes 7, 8, and 9 will be. Now they're being ruined by a talentless Jew who shits on white people. JJ and Disney raped by childhood.

Yes, I'm mad.

it's because the force is about spirit, belief, and conviction in a power greater than oneself

the prequels and EU tricked you into thinking it was about experience points and Dragon Ball Z power levels

So all that training thing is bullshit? I fucking knew it

the only truly good Star Wars movie, empire, was directed by a Jew

ANH is a cobbled together mess that struck lightning because it was right place right time

ROTJ's entire 2nd half is a complete clusterfuck

The less said about the prequels the better

TFA is a worse remake of ANH

>He is also fanatically anti realism or incredibly science/physics illiterate and despite those two things was given the helm of the two largest sci fi properties on earth.

I cringed when Han and the others were able to see Starkiller Base (which is shitty in its own right) firing from Takodana.

SPACE DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY!!!

Also
>lol, we turned an entire planet into a hyperspace laser cannon that sucks-up an entire star as ammo

It's like some middle-schooler's Star Wars fanfic.

"I thought (Luke and the jedi) were a myth"
2 days later
"My belief in the force is stronger than yours, Kylo!"

>belief

> think Jedi are a myth
> mind trick? What's that?
> telekinesis? wtf?
> Lightsaber? You mean this fucking glowstick?
> instantly overpower experienced fallen Jedi trained since birth in mental manipulation
> instantly overpower experienced fallen Jedi trained since birth in telekinesis
> instantly overpower experienced fallen Jedi in saber duel

has JJ abrams ever done anything good? all I've seen from him are sloppy thrillers and half-assed attempts to ride Spielberg's coattails

I can't wait to see more fucking snap zooms and shitty dutch angles

>>lol, we turned an entire planet into a hyperspace laser cannon that sucks-up an entire star as ammo

Heres how many earths, our planet, can fit into the sun, our star. EP7 is literally fanfiction

Bitch please
A new hope was a success on its own merits, its a good origin story and all the tropes were fleshed out. It was supposed to be a stand alone movie anyway.
And remove the Ewaks and RotJ isnt that fucking terrible

Sure its the best of the original trilogy but don't shit on ANH just because you like Empire better.

This is what happens when goyim underlings are afraid to tell the Jew "no".

>at that moment it's not that she is more powerful, it's that she is more calm, collected and in control. ren is beaten by him thinking he's the big man who can murder daddy, take a crossbow bolt and it not have any effect on his mental state.
Enough with your bullshit, she was completely enraged when she beat him. It was just Kathleen Kennedy feminist fantasy and JJ and Rian are so much dickless cucks they didn't dare tell her it was the most stupid thing in that whole movie. How are we supposed to take Kylo Ren seriously in TLJ, and why does she even need training? She downloaded the Jedi Master add-on already.

>everything about his star trek reboots is idiotic
>JJ ignoring previously established rules of the SW universe because fantasy and plot convenience
>don't care about lost
different user btw

I think he is one of the few directors who know how to work with special effects. Not a big fan of his storytelling though.

Bums me out too. Time to accept all good things will eventually be exploited by soulless greed.

Too bad all the alien designs suck under JJ. Is it true he uses his own production company for that shit? It would explain a lot.

ANH is a brilliant kids movie with loads of puppets in it, i.e. what Star Wars is all about and the only things it's good for. Fuck off nerd.

That's just her independent and sassy nature bro. god i fucking hate her and those horrible veneers

This user gets it
I'd hire you any day over Jew Jew Abraham

He lost me when he corroborratted with that overrated Hamiltonfag.

you should have been nicer to george

no no no no no, is he directing episode 9?
Please tell me I'm being trolled and he isn't directing episode 9, JJ can't direct for shit, all his films either suck or are mediocre.