JSA Storytime: Manhunter

Good evening owls,

Identity Crisis time

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2017/03/02/bleeding-cool-talks-matt-wagner-mage-hero-denied-final-chapter-announced-image-comics-eccc-2017/
bleedingcool.com/2017/03/02/dc-comics-extend-buy-physical-get-digital-codes-rebirth-annuals-specials-well/
instagram.com/p/BRF2Ps7jF52/?taken-by=ottoschmidt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bleedingcool.com/2017/03/02/bleeding-cool-talks-matt-wagner-mage-hero-denied-final-chapter-announced-image-comics-eccc-2017/

IT'S HAPPENING

Hey op, brb for a bit. I ended up reading ahead a little after part 1.

PS Shade was nuts

>Wagner Hero Denied
>JSA series
>Legion books cheap on amazon

bugs bunny legion is trolltacular

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

So what else was good yesterday, other than Nate's suffering intensifying

lol, Phil Jimenez's man-cheetah

Hello, Storyteller.

>Identity Crisis
Oh joy. Yet another of DC's colossal fuck ups. It's like they can't stop doing that, as today's solicits suggest.

I can't take this shit anymore. This has to fucking stop, and yet it just refuses to fucking STOP. Why do you fucktarded fake nerds like this crossover whoreshit? This is easily one of the stupidest ideas ever, and you morons are eating it up like candy l. Fuck Warner Bros, and fuck you. Goddamn.

I finally saw someone bitching about the color holds, on Twitter

People seem to have liked it out there; it was so profoundly Not For Me that I don't even know

bleedingcool.com/2017/03/02/dc-comics-extend-buy-physical-get-digital-codes-rebirth-annuals-specials-well/

>bugs bunny legion
What?

hint hint hiiiint

For you n00bs, that's Mark Shaw Manhunter's costume.

>Thanks to Joseph Rojas from the DC Rebirth panel at ECCC 2017, who stayed for the Q&A session, DC Comics has confirmed, as he put it, that “a Justice Society of America comic is already planned.”

The Justice Society were done away with for the New 52 reboot back in 2011. DC Rebirth teased their return with the elderly Johnny Thunder being triggered, the idea of time and history being messed with, and images of the Golden Age Flash, Jay Garrick.

>People seem to have liked it out there; it was so profoundly Not For Me that I don't even know
I think you hit the nail on the head with people praising it because it isn't socially acceptable in their circles not to, reviews seem positive but when it comes to actual buzz I haven't heard anything good

at least that's how I'm rationalizing it, it's Not For Me but even disregarding that it seemed like a sloppy comic with bad writing

oh gosh

also, reliably, "there are Hawkman plans post-DoH"

Cranky user

he'd make a LOT of money with that

Like, there was a lot of talk about how 'meaningful' it must be, and some people like the 'wacky university/Hogwarts' setup, and the clickbait last page

LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES/BUGS BUNNY SPECIAL #1

Written by SAM HUMPHRIES
Art and cover by TOM GRUMMETT and SCOTT HANNA
The Legion of Super Heroes always thought they had taken their inspiration from the 21st Century’s Superboy. But when they try to bring that hero into their future time, the team discovers to their surprise the caped champion isn’t who—or even what—they expected!
On sale JUNE 14 • 48 pg

I can't wait to see what hack they put on it.

>also, reliably, "there are Hawkman plans post-DoH
Yes yes. Hawks need more love.

MAC was a shitshow. Wasp continues to be quirky, shallow, and conflict-free. And OP is still a faggot.

Abnett convergence jsa was decent.

>also, reliably, "there are Hawkman plans post-DoH"
of course there are, presumably Carter in JSA

they didn't need to kill off Katar :(

She's from an alternate dimension where everyone is a chick. Fucking of course some of their cultures would hold their bodily functions in high regard. Get the fuck over it, or go whine about it on Tumblr, you rat piece of fucking shit.

I fucking swear, you "people" need to be rounded up and shot. You cheer and celebrate a fucking DC/Looney Tunes crossover, but any little thing even vaguely having to do with women that doesn't involve them sucking on cock, THAT'S when you get offended. Because fucking of course.

I need to invent time travel, so I can go back, rape Christopher Poole's whore mother so I can impregnate her with my kid so she never spawns the wretched abomination that created this piece of shit website.

Fucking shut the hell up you fucking retards.

Boring.

I love you too, sugartits

Jesus, Cranky, go have a beer

Not

daaaaaamn

>announced by Image
Might as well still be missing! Hyuck hyuck!

I kid, I kid. This is neat.

Oh, I love this reveal and how the camera tracks Damon

Wasn't Image allegedly cracking down on late books

MY HEART

Speaking of using superhero contraband, is there any connection between Kate's laser pole and the one Deathstroke has?

this is the weirdest Vixen costume

Kate's is part of Mark Shaw's kit, so I don't think so

>JSA series
wait what

Late books, yes. Missing books? Not so much. I'm still waiting for Prima, dammit.

Flintstones is still so good

Schmidt drew Hal, based off that and some teasing by Percy I'm guessing Hal is finally going to show up in Green Arrow soon instagram.com/p/BRF2Ps7jF52/?taken-by=ottoschmidt

How can a shadow-based dude that gets stripped by light kill someone who has a campfire for a hat? He shouldn't be able to get near him.

is this /d/

Going by how rehash-y that comic is I wouldn't be surprised.

I don't really care how reheated it is, if rehashes are the only way to get Hal interacting with other characters again I'll take it

it was hax and bullshit involving a rather Nate-like explosion, I believe

Yeah they've really fucked Hal off into space and only in the main lantern title for some time now. Still, fuck rehashes and creatively bankrupt shitters.

>allegedly
No it's policy now to have 3 or 4 issues completed before they'll even solicit #1

>Decent
>Boring

It's the only comic that ever made me care about the JSA.

>She's from an alternate dimension where everyone is a chick. Fucking of course some of their cultures would hold their bodily functions in high regard.
What? How does that logically follow at all? Every human shits, but we don't have any reverence for defecating. How would there only being women stop the excretement of liquid uterine walls from being disgusting?

The only positive thing I can say about it is it's nice to see a hero with multiple fashionable outfits, which is a sad rarity in comics

(also that Cap didn't literally turn into Hitler like scanbro said, but that's hardly praise)

the interview with Wagner is good--apparently Mage happens whenever it's time for Mage to happen, he just straight-up draws it instead of scripting, etc.

So? Most titles go on hiatus after 4 or so issues. Non Player was an exception.

>The only positive thing I can say about it is it's nice to see a hero with multiple fashionable outfits, which is a sad rarity in comics
Bring Back Daken

there are some strains of radical feminism that are all "PERIODS FUCK YEAH" but it's pretty clearly a deliberate counternarrative to "bleeds for five days and doesn't die" misogynist 'humor' that I don't think would exist in a place that viewed them genuinely value-neutral

>Yeah they've really fucked Hal off into space and only in the main lantern title for some time now
I wouldn't mind so much that he's stuck in space forever if they'd like... let him hang out with some non-lantern aliens or something

delicious Hawkman

Is Damon asking Hawkdude on a date?

If you have a slower artist you go on hiatus after completing a trade and build up material for the next one

Bless his heart, he's trying.

>Kate's is part of Mark Shaw's kit, so I don't think so
I'm afraid I have no familiarity with the Manhunter name, so that doesn't mean much to me.

we'll get a full tour of Manhunter History down the line

The so called slower artist end up doing something at the big two after those 4 issues most of the time.

Kyle going green again

but the Mark Shaw book is really good. Yale/Ostrander, DC for Grownups

Great. Good to know this issue was as good pointless. Because Identity Crisis just insists on infecting absolutely everything with its shittiness.

>It's not like I can swing from skyscraper to skyscraper
Cross-publisher references are always great.

that's my bitch!

Oh shit, Seven Soldiers!

Shame Ferry couldn't draw all of the Mister Miracle mini.

....except it's not, it's going into Shadow Thief's trial

Courtesy of DC Rehashed!

Like who?

James Harren has done some covers to keep money flowing in
Emma Rios hasn't done anything
Opena's not doing Big 2 work
Sean Murphy is the only one I can think of, but Tokyo Ghost isn't on hiatus it's over. They just said they may return to the setting

ruh-roh!

So see, we're going to dig into the "supervillains talk" side of IC in a non-fucking-stupid way in this arc.

Booo

I ;iked Williams II better tbqhwyfam

White Lantern Kyle was mostly garbage and outside of Omega Men GLC was the last time he was good, so this rehash is probably actually a good move

>monsters
>zombies
>possession/mc?
Do you even need to ask?

That's Calculator, btw

Killing all but 2 or 3 GLs would be a good move too

I will fight you irl, motherfucker.

it would be, but that's less likely

>James Harren
Rumble has been going at a steady pace
>Emma Rios
Did a bunch of anthologies and stuff and wrote some shit
>Opena
Did a fuckton of Marvel
>Murphy
A profesional that didn't finished up his work on Tokyo Ghost before doing something else

Is that the fucking Calculator? You ever notice he's not really around anymore since Barbara stopped being Oracle?

I agree actually fuck that white lantern shit but returning him to his original costume is dumb.

>(also that Cap didn't literally turn into Hitler like scanbro said, but that's hardly praise)
He did apologize in the first storytime for getting that wrong. He'd only skimmed and hadn't noticed Cap in the last panel.

It is! There's so much deep dive DC Nerderei in this run, I mean just you wait.

God, I need to read more DC, I genuinely don't know who any of these people are besides GL, Hawkman, and Manhunter.

Why? I think Williams II did a great job emulating Ferry's style and there wasn't that much of a difference between the issues. I like Ferry but he's unreliably slow and he's not THAT good to warrant that.

another plot line getting set up

Kate has Family Issues

there are things here and upcoming that are way more OH SHIIII- if you catch the hints, but just ask for context

>end up doing something at the big two after those 4 issues most of the time.
> AFTER
Opena isn't doing any Marvel work while he's working on more Seven to Eternity

Rios is writing, not drawing

Also Rumble is on hiatus man, has been since October

How did Murphy not finish? He did 10 issues, that was the end.

The only creative team that let their book go on hiatus to work for the Big 2 is Rucka and Scott

>no appropriation here

>I mean, just you wait.
For what? Yet more shared universe crap that feeds that annoying as hell nerd demand of never ending crossover bullshit? Yeah, the suspense is killing me.

Hahahaha get cockblocked, Kate. Is that going to be a recurring theme? It would be hilarious if it was.
>Kate wants to be hardcore but the capes won't let her

for some elegant use of pre-existing material that had sat fallow for years in a way that enriches all of our comics-reading lives, dipshit

Lemire has become the new Remender/Hickman. Another Image title...

I just love Ferry, I think he's seriously underrated. He's also a yuuuge influence on me.
His art's pretty lazy nowadays tho, although I'm not sure if that's because he actually got lazy, or he's ill in some way or whatever.