I just watched this show and I don't like it, why do so many people like it...

I just watched this show and I don't like it, why do so many people like it? I feel like whoever created it is leaking her personal views a bit too much into the show, rather than doing it in a subtle way which would be acceptable it seems to be a bit hamfisted in it's approach which is in bad taste considering it's for kids

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LlqEvkhl0So
youtube.com/watch?v=j38aX4JxINQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>I don't like thing, why do other people who aren't me like thing?

Isn't this show more subtle than Star vs. and Loud House?

kids don't like SU. It's popular with teens and up

It's on in the daytime, it's market is kids.

Not at all, with those shows there have been some blatant examples of gayism or whatever the proper term for that is, but it also has never played a central part in the plot....it's just kind of there in the background

>I feel like whoever created it is leaking her personal views a bit too much into the show, rather than doing it in a subtle way which would be acceptable it seems to be a bit hamfisted in it's approach which is in bad taste considering it's for kids
This isn't even a coherent thought user. Are you having a stroke?

>I just watched this show and I don't like it, why do so many people like it?

Mirrorgem + false hype. Personally I've been slowly losing interest ever since Gemdrill.

Not a stroke, slightly drunk

I just hate how everyone is ugly

EVERYONE

>I just watched this show and I don't like it

yeah, me too

we can be friends now

Me too

Wanna jerk off?

>watching Jasper and Lapis abuse each other doesn't turn you on
>watching Pearl being a fusion slut doesn't you all hot and bothered
what's wrong with you?

This. Especially Steven. I wouldn't hate this show half as much if it wasn't so hard to look at.

Teenagers find it deep because they didn't watch too many cartoons in the past.

You really don't appreciate all the SEXUAL in SU until long after you're invested in the series.

I only liked the pilot.
The sudden shift after that didn't bode well.
It's as if different people made the pilot and the series.

that scene is too violent

I think you said you didn't like SU?

>it's a "I don't like the show so I create another shit thread and then call the fanbase cancer" thread.

What's wrong with an artist putting their personal views into their art?

It doesn't help that these posts always use the SAME EXACT PICTURE.

>implying Sup Forums isn't a bunch of NEETs day-binging

It's literally the first result in google images. People not liking your show isn't some grand conspiracy, user.

Not saying it is. I'm just sick of seeing the lack of effort and originality in these posts.

Lapis is cute!

I said why. There is nothing wrong with it, I don't like the execution of it in SU because to me it seems hamfisted and forced

You can say it isn't, but considering it's a kid's show you have to judge it by those standards, it seems tasteless to me to push adult issues so hard in a kids show

it's liberal propaganda
youtu.be/LlqEvkhl0So

so what? You think kids should only have mindless lol random shows and only good guys win bad guys lose black and white morals?

teaching them crap like that hurts them more than helps them

>You think kids should only have mindless lol random shows and only good guys win bad guys lose black and white morals?
>teaching them crap like that hurts them more than helps them

No, not at all, I just think some shows have done it better and more tastefully

>Also, don't say Rock People, it's offensive!

The series main focus is entertainment and comedy. There are messages that hit you when they happen but like Said its in the background, and only noticable if you dig deeper into an episode. The show is character driven and doesn't try to be anything else but an homage to anime and western characters as its heart. If you see the homosexual themes in the series bonus for you its almost like gay people work on the show or something.

youtube.com/watch?v=j38aX4JxINQ

Worse than I had imagined.

So your problem isn't that the show isn't the fact that it's "pushing adult issues so hard", rather that it's not done well.
Not him, but I personally don't watch much cartoons. Got any examples of shows in which equivalent morals have been done "better and more tastefully"?

>So your problem isn't that the show isn't the fact that it's "pushing adult issues so hard", rather that it's not done well.
It's both, to do such a thing well, in my opinion anyway, in a kids show is to do it with tact and subtlety....so much in fact that a kid would typically not even get the message, because you shouldn't be trying to brainwash kids

>Got any examples of shows in which equivalent morals have been done "better and more tastefully"?
My Little Pony Friendship is Magic comes to mind

Learn to use commas, holy shit.

Just to be curious, what episodes/morals have been done untastefully?

>typically not even get the message
Defeats the purpose of having morals then.
It just sounds like you don't like morals in cartoons.

>MLP
I haven't watched the show so I can't say anything.
However I will say that Courage the Cowardly Dog, one of Sup Forums's most beloved cartoons, was full of morals that it was unafraid of presenting.

Regardless I probably have a different perspective on this, but I also think Steven Universe's presentation is in need of some fine-tuning.

>I feel like whoever created it is leaking her personal views a bit too much into the show
Such as?

>Look mom I posted it again

It started off as an adventure show with a comfy feeling and neurotic, interesting characters, and lovely art design.

Now it feels very much like authorial indulgence...

It's boring now.

Wait, didn't we have a thread like this one last week?