So I've read Infinite Crisis, 52, Seven Soldiers, Multiversity, and I'm familiar with the New Gods lore...

So I've read Infinite Crisis, 52, Seven Soldiers, Multiversity, and I'm familiar with the New Gods lore. Is that enough to read and GET Final Crisis?

If you have to read material beforehand to understand FC, you were never smart enough to TRULY get it in the first place.

read animal man and the original crisis

Read Superman Beyond.

I've read those as well. I think I'm ready. Are any of the prelude series and tie-ins necessary?

Under no circumstances should you skip Countdown.
Beyond is skippable though.

You only really needed maybe Seven Soldiers and the Batepic from all of that.

Also this

>Are any of the prelude series and tie-ins necessary?
Not as necessary as they were for Infinite Crisis. I'd say you're ready.

I'd say reading Crisis on Infinite Earths and Infinite Crisis beforehand would help too but you should be able to read it more or less fine.

Don't be a dick, man.

Preludes no, definitely not.
Some of the tie ins are. If you read the Absolute collection, that will have it, and in the proper order.
I also recommend Legion of Three Worlds, which explains a bit of why Superman wasn't on the spot when shit went down, as well as being a good story.

And look at the Final Crisis Aftermath books too. D.A.N.C.E. was fantastic.

And when things don't line completely up the first time you read it, read it again and see what you missed. Then repeat.
Final Crisis is dense as fuck, it's the gift that keeps on giving.

And read Morrison's run on Batman, which plays heavily into Final Crisis.

do the opposite of what he said

Have you read Morrison's JLA
And are you really familiar with new gods or do you just think you are
What have you read staring them

Lol

Don't listen to this asshole.

Isn't Countdown supposed to be absolute shit?

You deserve to rot in hell.

Also these. Morrison's JLA and his Batman run give you a lot of context into what's going on with FC.

If you didn't get Final Crisis on your first read through then you will never get it. You're preparing for it like a task instead of awaiting the experience

This is somewhat of an exagerration but yes; countdown is one of the weakest titles being put out at the time. It was also following up on 52, arguably the best comic of the 21st century.

Countdown has a number of good ideas and manages to not horrifically fail the execution on one or two of them. It's overall a bad book though.

I've read those as well. I bought the Absolute Edition and have been saving it for a long weekend. I'm excited to use the 3D glasses too.

I didnt get it till atleast the 2nd reading

OP start Morrison's run on Batman and find the right spot to fit final crisis in the run and then finish up the Batman run

No. You just think you get it.

Fuck it, just gonna ask here. Is there a collected version of FC that has Superman Beyond without all of the 3D?

Also all religious texts, myths, fables, and history book ever written. As well as every scientific and philosophical paper.

There's a regular Final Crisis TPB. I don't think it comes with 3D glasses. I think that's just the Absolute Edition.

I still need to buy a physical copy of that. I've never had any physical version of FC before and I want to read Superman Beyond whenever the hell I want, dammit.

God-tier Superman story.

Not OP
As someone who read a bunch of events first then got into ongoings just before the new 52
I've always wanted to read countdown just to see how both shitty and entertaining it is
>Jimmy Olsen/Starfire/asshole Jason solving a mystery
>some rouges accidentally going to Apocalypse and causing a revolution
>some shitty Doom rip off pitting AU characters against each other in an arena

Sounds like a hilarious train wreck that has small pieces of actual greatness

Oh yeah also OP, the final crisis absolute has some dumb edits that ruin some small parts, like getting rid of a swear one of the characters says in the end for no reason at all
No big loss, but look up the changes after you're done if you want

Yes. I also really want to appreciate Doug Mahnke's art without the 3D getting in the way of that. So just buy the regular FC tpb then?

Remember Salvation Run? What a waste of a cool idea.

>I'm excited to use the 3D glasses too.
Perfect, now you just have to contemplate the entire title of the story.
It's not Superman Beyond- in 3D, it's Superman- Beyond 3D.

It's a 2 dimensional representation of a 3 dimensional concept, each moving upward one dimension.

If you had to read FC to get it, as opposed to having its meaning beamed into your brain via universal vibration, you're just a faggot.

>give Darkseid the coolest design he's EVER fucking had
>only use it for one spread and have him in nothing but a pair of jeans and some dress shoes for the rest of the crossover
What a fucking waste that was.

I just realized that I read a bunch of the other Crisis comics, and pieces what's been mentioned in the OP, but I forgot to read Final Crisis. I also barely remember what happened in the other comics too.

Damn it, now I gotta re-read everything.

I HATE that the absolute edition cuts out those "you have been reading" bits.

The thing is it's still 52 whole goddamn issues

Why the fuck does it do that
That's the stupidest shit