Jhonen Vasquez

How does Sup Forums feel about Jhonen Vasquez and his work?

rAnDoM

The the great summit of edgy. I love Invader Zim.
He's the personification of Linkin Park's Crawling.

Great, funny guy.

... It's a shame about his fans, though, and no one knows it more than him.

Without Vasquez, would KaT3y t3h p3ngu1n of D00M!s still have existed in the way we knew them?

A good guy with good shows, good comics good character designs. Glad to know he's been keeping busy all these years after Zim's cancellation.

Wish Disney didn't fuck him over regarding A Very Important House

I'm sure the Lenore guy or some other SLG comics guy would have taken his place. Vasquez was the smartest man in the room at just the right time for something like JTHM and, eventually, ZIM to come around.

I've seen you in multiple threads saying 'the' twice
Are you ok

The the drugs do weird things to my head. Don't worry, it's normal.

You get the audience you deserve.

I like Squee and I feel sick and IZ. Good sense of humor.

Gir is one of the worst characters ever created in any form of media.

Squee is still his best work to date, which probably isn't a surprise since that's what launched his TV career.

Sup Forums here
He's the Trent Reznor of comics and animation. Even has an equally unfortunate fandom.

That was actually the first time.

Kind of agree, but...
>IT WAS ME! I WAS THE TURKEY ALL ALONG!

is fucking incredible.

I still get a kick out of reading his early works JTHM, Squee, IFS and Filler Bunny.

I like his stuff, he can be a bit edgy but has a good sense of humor overall.

His fans are the worst though.

I wonder how many of his 12yo fans he fucked back in the day

I enjoyed all his stuff, including JtHM.

I wonder if he has an aversion to finishing stories after that, though?

Hes my fucking idol

He's got place in my heart

He provided some edge when I wanted that and when I reread his stuff I find it's pretty funny, so I'm fine with him. There's a point when you listen to CRAAAAAAAAAAWWWWLLLLLIIIIIIIIINGGGG seriously and later it's a catchy tune and sure you'd bang the Asian guy.

I think that Zim is his greatest show but... Jhonen Vasquez is pretty much a crying fag.

The guy makes some interesting stuff.

Loved him as a kid but his stuff doesn't do it for me anymore. Even IZ isn't without it's flaws so I still feel it's his best work.

one of my favorite edgy autists in the world

I'm surprised how hypocritical he can be without realizing it. He's a needy asshole who cares too much about image and looking cool but blasts anyone else for doing it too. Jhonen loves feeling sorry for himself and getting the right kind of attention.

Ouch

Probably the greatest influence in Jared Leto work and a entirely generation of Sega developers.

I always felt kind of bad for the guy. I mean, I feel like there's a good writer there, but the fact that he hasn't been able to get anything off the ground since Invader Zim from fifteen fucking years ago, basically stunted him creatively.

That and the fact that he has to deal with that psychotic fandom of his, like, yeahhhh, does not seem fun.

Overall though, I really don't think much one way or the other, dudes an old school edgy autist, made some awkward cringey yet at the time interesting stories and characters, and now presumably lives off royalty checks from hot topic merchandise, so...yeah, good for him, I guess.

Write what you know; hes not wrong.

Anything that isn't Squee is trash.
Fight me.

His stuff was great, when I was 10

Speaking of Lenore, that holds up surprisingly well.
I expected to be ashamed of my teen self after rereading it, but it got a few chuckles out of me instead.

Only thing of his I have seen was that TMNT short Nick got him to do and uploaded to youtube. Which I enjoyed but I'm a TMNT fan so I guess I'm biased there.

Any of his other stuff worth checking out? All I know about Zim is the fandom itself but I'm usually pretty good at not letting the fandom effect my enjoyment of the thing.

Alex learned quite much from him...

>They both gave up on successful shows

Fortykeks.jpg

He's alright

Is probably a Grimesfag, disregard everything he says

>trashing cream cheese

what a fucking pleb

I thought he was the greatest author ever when I was a 13 year old dipshit

I still love his angular lines and overuse of ink. But the characters, the nihilism, the random humor haven't aged well. The stuff with Nny actually being a tool for the Moose and the thing behind the wall and having no free will or agency of his own was interesting.

Has anyone read I Feel Sick? That was good shit, and arguably had better writing and concept than JTHM. Not to mention dem colors.

Autistics usually have some random hatred for some random insignificant thing. Like I had an autismo friend in jr high through highschool that, for no rational reason, hated ketchup. He would go off on rants about his hatred for ketchup out of nowhere.

JTHM seems to be my favourite work of his. This is like the ONLY time I remember the annoying archetype of The Infinetely Charismatic And Ultra-Insane Super-Edgy Killer being deconstructed in popular culture.

I like Gir, he was a good comic relief character and his mannerisms were unique at the time as well.

Also, while it may have started the 'omg so random' shit, Gir was never random. All of his comments or jokes were relevant to what was going on or to something he was aware of but others weren't. Gir wouldn't cut in to comment about a penguin unless there was a penguin involved. The 'random' thing about him was his tone and expressions, not his thought process.

He obviously hates those fans though. Half of JTHM seems to just be insulting goths and edgy teens.

He still works, I think he did character designs for some Nick show a little while ago. And he's releasing Invader Zim comics now too.

really funny guy

Funny guy. I laughed my ass off about the cult movie he would make with the dinosaur chewing on that kid like a gob dropper while reading war and peace for hours. People would show up for midnight screenings.

The constant screaming. Lmao.

I've noticed that too. For example, I have a hatred for other autistics

Bmup

Please ignore that it's literally the most stereotypical goth emo bullshit gies. He makes fun of it himself so it makes it alright. He hates his fans cuz that's what is cool and edgy. Fuck the fact it made you shit tons of money from merch alone. Its the annoying LOLXDRANDUM tweens who are the horrible ones!

I love him. Still have JtHM and SQUEE! floppies.

Somebody put shit in my pants.

I've read most of Vasquez's stuff, and JTHM was my first introduction to "wait, you don't need someone in a cape to make a comc?" territory.

I remember being caught off-guard at how funny this was to me; the ending in particular. I wonder how it would hold up to go back and read it again?

>it's a jhonen thread episode

Awesome.

talentless hack

Would you fuck him?

I fucking love JTHM. Squee is just okay and pretty much all of his other comics are varying degrees of mediocre. Invader Zim was awesome back in the day but it hasn't aged well for me.