What are some GOAT fight scenes in cartoons?

What are some GOAT fight scenes in cartoons?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=gChpzvI4vC0
youtube.com/watch?v=-KOH2Ocy778
youtube.com/watch?v=Nr7ufR7utEo
youtube.com/watch?v=v9bWEnREa34
youtu.be/nE1Cv7lM0YA
youtube.com/watch?v=n079MNojJJc
youtube.com/watch?v=OcXaicGvcvA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Aang vs Ozai

Whichever the best fight scenes from Spectacular Spider-man were

Almost any of them from Korra

The banner was a great Seven Samurai reference

Thunderbird 3 vs the Mechanic

It was cool except the ex machina chakra unlocking. And I thought Aang was a little bit too overpowered after that.

Pretty much any fight from Spectacular Spider-Man could probably go in here. The show was fantastic at giving each character a fighting style that matched their personalities and powers.
>Spidey - Agile, acrobatic, improvs his surroundings
>Tombstone - Direct, swift, precise
>Green Goblin - Unpredictable, agile, focused on weaponry
>Doctor Octopus - Powerhouse, aggressive, hits from all sides

And so on
m.youtube.com/watch?v=gChpzvI4vC0

>skinny lithe kid is fast and acrobatic
>big guy hits hard
Yeah you sure don't see that anywhere else.

>Big guy hits hard

Except I never put that, retard.
>Shitposting just to shitpost

Katara x Azula

I damn near cheered when Katara iced her ass.

Maul vs Pre Vizsla

That clip is terrible user.

>And I thought Aang was a little bit too overpowered after that.
Why? Avatar state was supposed to be a literal godmode. The fact that Ozai was completely outclassed and his "fight" with awakened Aang was just him trying to run away and getting his shit slapped is precisely what made it so cool. It was never supposed to be an equal match.

Every character you posted has common, logical styles for their designs. It's expected choices, not fantastic decision making.

Pretty much anything Tartakovsky

no one would happen to have the webm version would they

Grievous murderstomping all those Jedi.

How could Lucas fuck him up so badly after that?

A few too many quick cuts at the end there.

climax of the fight and gif is sped up

Is something from an animated movie all right?

This fight was absolutely amazing.

Man, I forgot how dark this show was for a CN series.
>that creepy as fuck alien that entered his hosts via mouth

Yes, because look at how muscular and large Doc Ock is.

Tasty bait.

Movie?

GODDAMMIT BUTTERS THAT'S NOT KEWL!

Wondy gets all the good fights

Black Spiderman vs Sinister Six. I know the symbiote did all the fighting, but still.
Also, that fight implies that in a match between Venom and the Sinister Six Venom would win.

That some solid choreography marred by terrible pacing and an obtuse voiceover.
They got it right conceptually, but the execution was less than stellar.

Everything here happens too fast for me. There's no weight to any of the movement; just a lot of flashy slashes and jumping around. It sorta reminds me of the fights from the Star Wars prequels. Still love the show though.

It's the little movement with the leg after she gets hold of the rope that sells it for me.
There's a really amazing attention to detail on display here that DC's more recent animations lack.

Seconded. Need source on this.

Dofus Livre: Julith. It's for the french series Dofus, which is a prequel to the Wakfu series.

Here's a bit from a good fight in Wakfu.

Damn. I could hear sound effects playing in my head from that. That doesn't usually happen.

God damn, that fight was everything I was hoping it would be.

Here's the entire fight if you'd like to watch it. Spoiler warning for the show though.
youtube.com/watch?v=-KOH2Ocy778

youtube.com/watch?v=Nr7ufR7utEo

Well animated thats for certain. With all the subtle vfx needed to emphasize weight, force, etc.

>Anything from the OVAs
>Good

I thought Season 2 had some really good fights, too. Even if the last few episodes were extremely busy.

Best is that brief, frantic fight between Qilby and Adamai.

I have noticed whenever someone doesn't like a certain type of movement they will say the animated actions have no "weight" which, while on its own is a somewhat adequate criticism, nowadays is an overused meme. There is an appropriate amount of weight for two people dueling with sabers dexterously here. Too fast, this I can give you and understand what you mean just fine, but keep the memes to yourself.

My problem with that fight was the fact that Roku explicitly told Aang that if Ozai was allowed to gain the power of the comet, he would be so powerful even the Avatar State would be useless against him.

Then when Aang did enter the Avatar State, he kicked Ozai around like a ragdoll.

>Everything here happens too fast for me. There's no weight to any of the movement
I can see that. It's not like Tartakovsky is some artisan lead animator, after all; he's the director and it's more the choreography, pacing, but mostly his shots (or whatever the animation equivalent is) that people like, not necessarily the quality of animation.

A sword fight should really carry "weight" in that you see reaction in the body as each blow is deflected or block. In those gifs, there is none. It might just be the small filesize, but the blows have so little impact from the perspective of the viewer when each opponent is just shrugging them off. Then you have each character just kind of gliding around the terrain which makes it even worse. I mean, as much shit as I'd give the fight scenes in Korra, they at least had that down.

youtube.com/watch?v=v9bWEnREa34

Man, these DC movies used to have such nice animation.

Easily the best scene in LoK
Tenzin got GAR as fuck

Ya know its amazing that with how we forget how bad ass bambi actualy is....

Nature is metal as fuck sometimes. Good thing Disney was willing to pay the money for his animators to do a fantastic job.

I loved that one.

youtu.be/nE1Cv7lM0YA

That full scale war at the end of season one of Winx Club was pretty badass.
Too bad the show took a nose dive after that...

This is good what is it

Whats this? It was amazing

Wolverine vs the Hulk was pretty good.

Like the filename says. Prologue by Richard Williams.

Roku was such a retard that he got killed by a volcano

Aang and Katara vs. Zuko and Azula in the crystal catacombs was the best fight of the series.
Prove me wrong, Sup Forums.

>retarded
more like alzheimer's

Completely overanimated
>LOL ZOOM IN AND OUT THAT'S HOW YOU'RE GOOD AT ANIMATION AND ACTION

oh yeah and dubs confirm

why not tho?

It's visually busy and nothing even actually happens for the first 15 or so seconds, or really any time they do a zoom

Dofus Livre

Its a camera work project from what I can see. Richard Williams loves it and is by far one of if not the greatest 2D animators when it comes to animating in 360 degree movements. Its impressive on the whole on that level.

I just wish he went with more wide shots and incorporated more background or something to distinguish the location more. As it stands you get a little lost in the placement of the characters at hand in terms of where they are on the whole.

Now that would be a valid criticism.

To say overanimated is not understanding who and what Richard Williams is and does. Which is overanimating. That is the best description one can make of him and his career.

Because you're a casual who doesn't understand Grievous was never meant to kick that much ass in ROTS

Always loved how Diana's fighting style in these movies was all about grappling. Really fits the Amazon thing.

Wondie vs. Scantily Clad Ladies
youtube.com/watch?v=n079MNojJJc

youtube.com/watch?v=OcXaicGvcvA

fuck you guys the ovas were good

I actually like this fight scene, but the calling attacks were pointless

This fight was awesome. Definitely the best of LoK and possibly top 5 of the Avatar series.

I'd rather they made an entire season of boufball than those shitty ovas.

>black lightsaber
nigga that's edgy as fuck

you say that like boufball isn't already one of the best parts of the show

what is this from?

Marvel Avengers Disk Wars

DID I FUCKING STUTTER Sup Forums

The part where he blasts the first guy and they both do flips looks kinda awkward

>no one posted Grievous' hunt yet
step it up Sup Forums