So wtf is the difference between a mutant and an inhuman?

So wtf is the difference between a mutant and an inhuman?

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Eternal_History
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

millions of dollars

Someone redpill me on inhumans, I only know Blackbolt.

Mutants are owned by fox(or is it sony?)
Inhumans are owned by disney

Their only place should be in the background of a Fantastic Four comic.

Inhumans are humans with kree genes, descendants of artificially mutated humans that were kree experiments. Mutants are a natural occurrence in humans.

From what I gathered from Wikipeadia.
Human's genetic potential to become mutants was put there by the celestials.

The Kree saw that potential and did experiments on them, those were the "inhumans"

Wasn't the mutant gene also planted by ancient aliens or some shit?

En Sabah Nur a.k.a Apocalypse a.k.a "the first mutant" wears Celestials technology on his body.

Why don't you ask , instead?

I missed that, if true. Too many mutants claiming they are the next step in (the natural) human evolution.

On the evolution tree, branching off (or away) from the human race as the result of the Celestials are the "Eternals" and the "Deviants"

Thanos is supposedly some kind of mix of those 2.

The Asgardians, aren't part of this evolutionary tree. I think it's implied they're extra dimensional.

I just read a bit that said Thor knew about the Celestials but it was wiped from his memory because they were about to return to judge their creations. I guess that was in the comics at some point.
It would be neat if they the movies manages to establish this sort of continuity.

Could've kept all that to one post, buddy.

It's called netiquette. It's not very considerate to say everything there is to say in post.
Other people want to post too.
And this way it's easier for people to respond to a single point and not an entire wall of text.

hold on, thanos is a titan

Short version? Mutants are just that, homo sapiens with a mutation. Specifically the presence of an X-gene. Inhumans are a distinct subspecies of humanity possessing biological and physiological differences due to millennia of divergent evolution.

Additionally, mutant x-genes activate under stressful situations, or mostly puberty, whereas inhumans must undergo terragenesis (exclusive to the branch of inhumans from earth) in order the activate their genetic conditioning

bump

What would happen if an Inhuman and a Mutant made babies?

Is an Inhuman Mutant possible? A Inhumutant

Yeah, Quicksilver banged Crystal and had a kid called Luna.

The Celestials did it.

>
>
>
>The Celestials did it.
But the power cosmic can't melt steel beams.

The titans are the eternals.

Mediocre writing
Vs
Awful writing

The Celestials, essentially Space Gods, came to Earth in ancient times to fuck around with proto-humans. In doing so, they created three things:
>the Eternals
A race of immortal god-like "perfect humans." They would proceed to inspire the myths of various Gods, which would retroactively cause those Gods to exist.

>the Deviants
A race of chaotic, monstrous humans where every one of them looks different than the other. Constantly at war with the Eternals. They would proceed to inspire the myths of various demons and devils, which would retroactively cause those Demonds/Devils to exist.

>the X-gene
A gene implanted into proto-humanity that would eventually begin to activate once humanity had evolved to the point that their bodies could handle the transformations. These "active x-gene" humans are Mutants. Once activated, the x-gene would give humans powers akin to those the Eternals and Deviants held, with the idea that the Eternals and Deviants would protect the palnet until mutants became powerful enough to replace them as Earth's protectors.

Then, some time after the Celestials did their experiments, the Kree, a race of super-advanced galactic conquerors and scientists, came to Earth and did their own experiments on humanity. The Kree had been struggling with two problems. One being that their race had hit an evolutionary dead end so they were trying to find away around that to continue advancing their race into stronger and more perfect heights. Second being that they were in a constant galaxies spanning war with the Skrulls (a race of Deviants) and needed an extra edge. To that end, they attempted to recreate the experiment that the Celestials had done on humanity and create their own race of Eternals (since turning themselves into Eternals would help the kree achieve greater evolutionary heights, and a race of Eternal slaves that they could use as weapons against the skrulls would be the edge they needed to finally win their war).

The Kree's experiment to create their own Eternals from humanity resulted in the creation of the Inhuman race. The Inhumans were more powerful than baseline humans but didn't come close to the god-like power of the Eternals, so they deemed the experiment a failure and left Earth. These inhumans, being so much more advanced than regular humans at the time, gathered together and created their own super-advanced sci-fi city tens of thousands of years ahead of anything humanity was capable of called Attilan. There, the Inhuman Scientist-King named Randac discovered that when their race was exposed to Terrigen Mist, a product produced from naturally forming but extremely rare "Terrigen Crystals," they underwent a transformation that made them closer to Deviants in appearance and gave them superpowers similar to X-gene activated humans.

tl;dr:
Celestials created the Eternals (Gods), Deviants (Monsters), and Mutants (Superpowered Humans). The Kree tried to recreate the Eternals experiment and ended up creating the Inhumans (cheap knock-off Eternals) that when exposed to terrigen mist gained monstrous appearances (similar to the Deviants) and superpowers (similar to the Mutants).

>Quicksilver
>mutant

X-gene and Inhuman gene, both separate products of genetic tampering by two separate races (celestials for Mutants, Kree for Inhumans). There's also the fact that the X-gene automatically triggers by puberty while the inhuman gene requires terrigen to be triggered.

Don't listen to him.
Not op but thanks for the tldr

Wait! Are the Titans related to all of that?
Is this info about Thanos correct, partially correct, or pure bullshit?

>Are the Titans related to all of that?
Yeah, the Titans are a group of Earth Eternals that left Earth and moved to Titan. Thanos is an Eternal with the "Deviant Gene" which is like Downs-Syndrome for Eternals and makes them look like Deviants.

>believing anything the High Evolutionary says

>So the Titans are Eternals, and the Skrulls are Deviants, which means two powerful alien races are also original from Earth?

Thanks for the info.

inhumans come from SPAAAACE

Skrulls aren't Earth Deviants. They're Skrullos Deviants. The Celestials did the Eternals/Deviant experiment on a bunch of planets. On most planets, the Eternals and Deviants end up wiping each other out leaving the "normal" version of the race to become the dominant race. On Skrullos, the Deviants ended up wiping out all the Eternals and "normal" Skrulls, leaving the Deviant Skrulls to take over the planet.

The Mouse has movie rights for the Inhumans, for the Mutants he does not.

Also, there are other species out there with Kree tampering throughout the stars.

The word Mutant is owned by FOX and they will sue the shit out of Disney if they called Wanda and Quick Silver mutants in Avengers so they came up with Inhumans

Quicksilver is an artificially made mutate

doesn't count

Are you seriously under the impression that the Inhumans were created in the past 10 years? Sup Forums needs to fuck off.

I feel like Marvel should actually try to make some kind of difference between the two groups somehow. Because it is annoyingly hard to pin the difference between X guy with powers from Y guy with powers and somehow find a good reason why they need to be considered two totally different animals and should be at odds with each other the whole time.

Like make mutants something evolving towards Eternals slowly while Inhumans are evolving towards Deviants slowly and they naturally have to be at war for the Celestial plan or something.

Sort of how Marvel in the 90's was explaining all the other superpowers are just artificially activating the X-gene, like Spiderman, FF, Hulk etc were just activating their latent X gene and that is what did it. (non mutant fans really hated that explanation though)

This sounds pretty dumb. While I did like the 90's stories explaining it that way, Earth-X is probably the best we'll ever get on that storyline. The original Earth-X, not the stories that followed. It really is the culmination of everything pre-2000's. They've pretty much dropped expanding upon things like that nowadays.

Yea it makes sense, especially if you were not a X-fan in the 90's clinging to the few random books left that did not have Wolverine in it somewhere. Then Marvel starts calling Spider-Man a mutant too, then it's an invasion of the last non mutant stories.

Whelp, you could try making their powers come from somewhere different.

Like how there are lots of ways to turn off mutant powers with Leech, mutant inhibitor collars, Hope Cure, X-Cise drug, that thing Forge built and used on Storm.

It is almost always something brain related in some way, attack the x-gene in the brain, stop the brain from accessing the power, something mental.

But so far I don't think I have seen any magical mcguffins that turn off Inhuman powers.

The actual reason is that Marvel doesn't own the movie rights to Mutants in general, and they do own the rights to inhumans.

So they sterilise the mutants to make sure they don't create any more free IP fodder for other studios and just make call all their new characters inhumans instead.

Before the movie rights were all sold you can bet your fucking all Kamala would be a mutant.

You didn't even try to answer OPs question.

Marvel can use one in their movies without having to pay anyone.

Mutants were created because of the Celestials, Inhumans were created because of Kree Experiments.

>You didn't even try to answer OPs question.
What?

I answered it exactly. The ONLY difference is who owns the rights.

OK, so you're saying that back when Marvel owned both the inhumans and x-men movie rights that they were exactly the same?

>The fan base.

Inhuman fans are normal, sane people. X-Men fans are SJW nutters who are paranoid about Marvel trying to ruin "muh X-Men."

>tfw still to this day keep mixing up backstorys and lore for Thanos and Darksied.

Oh well if you want a technical explanation using in universe lore that's different.

Inhumans were humans with abilities spliced in by a dude, Mutants were humans who developed their abilities at random.

That's really not a fair comparison. The inhumans fans are like a few dozen people. X-men fans are a Legion. The bigger the fanbase, the more likely that the crazies are too rise to the top and be the most noticed.

A weakness common to all inhumans is a flawed immune system. The common cold is fatal to them.

By contrast, mutants have a much higher resistance to illness than the average human. They are immune to some afflictions, the common cold being one of them.

Mutants>X-Men
Inhuman>Alien X-Men that nobody has ever cared about

>They are immune to some afflictions, the common cold being one of them.
AIDs being another one.

So is this why murdering a skrull is never questioned? Even when the skrull is seemingly doing nothing?

I remember there was a mutant with a fluke in which he or she got cancer because of his or her powers.

Franchise rights.

I'm not reading this whole fucking thread but I already have the urge to point something out

It's always been a bit a hazy if the celestials are "gods" or... you know, gods.

Because they are green niggers and no one likes them.

a specific bloodline of mutants created by specific genetic alteration so they gain random superpowers when exposed to a control element, who live under a monarchy instituted to keep them in order as war slaves for the kree who created them

a human that could be mutant that would gain superpowers for certain when exposed to terrigen but also certainly die from terrigen exposure

>netiquette
I don't care about how you posted it but honestly fuck anyone who uses this term unironically.

Population size of the Inhumans fans is immaterial. X-Men fans take pride in being argumentative and dismissive of anything not written by Claremont.

No, that which creates an inhuman is basically a chemical weapon against a mutant.

It's fucking stupid but also how Marvel started killing off the Mutants to replace them with notMutants to fuck over Fox.

You know saying that doesn't make it true user...

Sure, he was a great writer, but he isn't the be all end all of good stories for the x-men nor the only good comic writer that has ever lived.

Aren't all inhumans supposed to be left handed or some shit?

Hey man, he wasn't all that high when he said it, only mildly toasted, least by his standards.

One is a human with mutant powers
One is a mutant with human features.

>paranoid about muh x-men

you have your favorite characters assassinated by Bendis and see how you like it

Inhumans are pretty much mutants who were experiemented back in the cavemen era to have them use up all of the untapped power whos powers get activated when exposed to Terrigen Mist/Crystals or during some kinds of genetic experiments. Being exposed to a crystal gets you much more powerful powers than mist, but you can still get powerful powers from being exposed to the mist.

Quicksilver isn't a mutant. However, very few mutant/inhuman hybrids exist. There was a Beyonder once who somehow was and obeyed Black Bolt's commands.

>A weakness common to all inhumans is a flawed immune system. The common cold is fatal to them.

I thought that was only Attilan Inhumans, because their society was comparably sterile. The NuHuman wouldn't have that weakness because they lived in the general population, and Medusa was fucking around with the Fearful Four for long enough to adapt.

He doesn't have to be on drugs to be a lying fuck. Remember the time he said that the Jackal's clones weren't really clones, because "fuck you, I said so"?

They're Eternals, but not THE Eternals.

That was just dumb Bendis retconning that didn't even stick for a year

>They're Eternals, but not THE Eternals.
So who are the Eternals and who are the not-the Eternals?

The Eternals are comparable to the Olympians, Asgardians, and other Earth pantheons. They consider the Celestials their gods in the same way ancient humanity consider the various pantheons to be.

Each (major/prominent) Celestial is more powerful than the Earth pantheons' skyfathers combined.

Last I checked, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are still mutates.

Inhumans get their powers from space farts.

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Eternal_History

You didn't answer his question.