SONY WANTS TO BUY FOX

WHO WANTS A SPIDEY AND X-MEN TEAM UP?

>Variety and THR are both reporting that Sony is looking into purchasing assets from 21st Century Fox – including the film division, 20th Century Fox. According to both publications, Sony has reached out to Fox to see which assets the company is interested in selling. A source inside Sony told THR that the company wants the same assets Disney wants, though this could change. Variety reports that the discussions are in the “very preliminary stages.” Verizon and Comcast have expressed an interest in Fox as well.

How the fuck is Sony going to buy anything?

How in the world is it not the other way around? I thought Sony was the one having problems while Fox was, generally speaking, doing okay?

Better than Disney getting Fox.

It's just corporate dick waving.
Disney doesn't really want to buy the entirety of Fox's movie division just to get two properties. They just made that offer to drop their financial schlong next to Fox's and say "mine's bigger".
Sony is just trying to act like a contender to try and get people to forget about their recent poor performances.

Are you guys retarded? Sony is not just the movie division.

Sony are dumb mother fuckers. Rivals DCEU in decision making

It's an elaborate scheme. Disney baited Sony into buying Fox in order to kill two birds with one stone. Sony goes bankrupt and Disney gets full rights back to Spider-Man, X-Men, and Deadpool.

The only Spidey team up I want is with Deadpool

Sony is huge, they get billions from life insurance sales alone.

Sony pictures is only a small part of the Sony corporation. Their assets are estimated at $151 billions. To put that in perspective, the total value of all Disney assets is estimated to be at $95.7 billion.

yfw Sony sells it's movie division to buy Fox's movie division

Yep, I am a sony stockholder. 60% of the profits is Sony Life.

Sony Pictures was having problems. Also, most of the rest of the company, but most of the company is smaller operations. The only thing keeping them in the black are Japanese life insurance and PSN subscriptions- which is fine, Japanese life insurance and PSN subscriptions are the two biggest things in the company, and eclipse everything else.

>Fox was, generally speaking, doing okay?

Yes and no. The corporation is loosing market share, and they are smaller than the big dogs. Total assets US$ 48.19 billion (2016).

The movie division has been doing ok this last year, but other subsidies not as much. Keep in mind traditionally 20th century Fox has always been a risk taker in Hollywood. They finance risky projects much more often than the other majors. With high risks comes high rewards, but also big flops. And they've had many flops this last decade and only a few big successes.
Fox belongs to Rupert Murdoch, and he basically is doing his best to keep it financially alive, but it's becoming more and more expensive. Hence all these talks about selling.

>yfw Sony kills the Playstation division just to acquire Fox

Oh my fucking god I'm so okay with this

Yes goy, let all the biggest corporations conglomerate into just a few entities with insane amounts of wealth and power. Who needs competition anyway?

And semiconducters and imaging, music, but those don't count, right?

Reminder FCC just repealed one of their rules regarding broadcasting company mergers:

>One long-standing rule repealed Thursday prevented one company in a given media market from owning both a daily newspaper and a TV station. Another rule blocked TV stations in the same market from merging with each other if the combination would leave fewer than eight independently owned stations. The agency also took aim at rules restricting the number of TV and radio stations that any media company could simultaneously own in a single market.

Be aware of who really owns your local media companies. Fox really wants to focus on news and sports with this potential sale of their movie and TV divisions.

That would be an extremely smart move.

>console war bullshit

Please go back to Sup Forums

What if there were worried about Trump and Russia affiliations with people in the Fox News coming out in a future court case and wanted to distance the movies, tv shows, and sports from Fox News?

Also, the movie business is getting riskier and harder to make a profit. The future of it is also shakey along with the future of tv. Fox maybe wants to get out of some of this stuff while they can still make a good amount of money by selling this stuff.

What Sony > Disney? That's cool I guess.

You can make a whole lot more money in many more industries than film and television. People should be way more afraid of the buying power of Comcast and AT&T. They are the gatekeepers to information.

I keep hearing the only electronics and media division doing well is Playstation