Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nOr0na6mKJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ajM4vYCZMZk
youtube.com/watch?v=5EdJabFFXt0
youtube.com/watch?v=bIkFlnlSm1c
youtube.com/watch?v=jgSPO191GrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=b_mMMI0Kc7I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A Fist Full of Dollars. TGTBTU is a western for People who dont like westerns.

OUATITW

I like westerns and I love TGTBTU

Everyone loves GBU, its perfect from start to finish

I love all of Sergio Leone's movies and like a number of lesser spaghetti westerns like Django and The Great Silence, but I absolutely cannot stand American westerns in the vein of John Wayne or Gary Cooper movies. I hate the lack of atmosphere, style or flair and every single one I've seen has been insufferably boring to me.

I can perfectly see why, although have you seen Rio lobo ? In my opinion its the best wayne's western

Magnificent Seven

spaghetti westerns are the only true westerns.

>Name a better western than TGTBTU
Searchers.

Once upon a time in the west

Even The Searchers? Dripping with atmosphere and Wayne's character is complex and dark as fuck

>Once upon a time in the west

Once upon a time in the west

I have not but I will if I decide to maybe give that genre another chance, been a while since I last tried.

The correct answer is Unforgiven.

Unforgiven is really great, a bit more of a real-world take on it however.

High Noon

Spaghetti westerns are cancer. And Leone stole everything from John Ford

TMTFA

For a Few Dollars More has a better villain because he's got an air of sadness because he seems to regret how he ended up as he did where Angel Eyes is just an asshole.

Fuck yeah, For a Few Dollars More is fantastic. I love the music-box climax

Gran Torino

The actor for Indio has this look in his eyes in every scene that just hits me period and he was the main character imo.

If we're just talking Eastwood movies then Thunderbolt and Lightfoot is required watching for an Eastwood fan.

And did everything 10x better and more interesting.

t. brainlet

Oh god, you're not that Griffith fag are you?

kek

I thought Leone actually considered it a civil war movie. Or maybe that was Orson Welles

getaloadofthisfaggot.jpg

Ever tried out The Wild Bunch? Pretty brutal.

Truly a song that women will never understand

youtube.com/watch?v=nOr0na6mKJQ

>2 guys in cowboy hats
>"it's totally the same you guys!"

You're the kind of faggots who call every horror film "lovecraftian"

You're not welcome here, newfaggot

What a kafkaesque response.

You're right. The difference is everyone in shitalian flicks look like fruits

I liked it, precisely because Peckinpah's ideas and sense of style were so far removed from those of the classical western. Same with Butch Cassidy though not quite to the same extent.

youtube.com/watch?v=ajM4vYCZMZk

The Wild Bunch is my favorite Western.

>newfaggot

High noon is great.

Peckinpah and Leone westerns are overindulgent ultraviolence for 12 year olds. They lack the only dignifying thing about the genre's roots, subtlety and tact. Classical westerns are allegorical and face political and social issues on a base level, rural developing civilization.

You've only been here as long as your filename

Death Rides a Horse & How the West Was Won

Seconded, the true best western

No, it's shit, grandpa

This is one of the worst movies considered good I've ever seen.

They understand the trio even less.
Most men don't get the three way duel either.

Mind your language, son. And it is great. the poor marshal no one wanted to help him

Hang 'Em High is a delight

2008 is officially oldfag, newfag.

Feels like it was left open for a sequel that never happened but in a way the storyline of Eastwood and Inger Steven's character of how she'll never get the guys that raped her combined with the Indian with the other guy getting away it's poetic since they're both damaged people that found each other.

I like that lack of closure. I was confused at first (whaddya mean he doesn't get them all?) but I realized it just lets the story of Sherriff Jed end any way you like it. The Judge is a gruesome character too.

What you're saying is definitely true to some extent, problem is there's a fine line between subtlety and boredom. Some people would get something out of watching paint dry if it was put up in an art gallery. They don't really speak to me, and they're about as full of tropes and structures as the spaghetti variety.

Also I disagree about Leone and violence. TGTBTU is occasionally overblown in some respects but otherwise it's more ultratension, not so much the act itself. Also Duck You Sucker is his most meaningful film.

No. Leave, spaghettinigger

>boredom
t. brainlet

Nice shoop, but you forgot to add Sup Forums and a lot of other boards too

No. Leave, spaghettinigger. Take your faggot buttfriend too

>let's make a nice shot
>ok, got it?
>good, now that that's done let's go back to doing theater for the other 95% with nothing but static, stilted mid-wide shots of characters standing around spouting and showing the same cliches and values that's been repeated ad nauseam since the birth of this great nation!

>restored 4K version soon

youtube.com/watch?v=5EdJabFFXt0

>go back to doing theater
I don't think that means what you think it means

Theater > Film

Film isn't art

Nice mattepainting, you have your studio lights all set up too?

(Actually I love the look of 3-strip Technicolor and it makes everything look great, but the movies are still prisoners of their own structure and always exactly what you'd expect.)

Hope it includes the original Italian version. Love the film, but the dubbing is atrocious.

And you are?

Magnificent Seven was more than decent and American.

It's not better but it's very good and my favourite 'rather unknown' Western: Day of Anger.
youtube.com/watch?v=bIkFlnlSm1c

>but the movies are still prisoners of their own structure and always exactly what you'd expect
elaborate. just sounds like millennial woes.

Maybe structure was not a good word. The romanticized version of the west with the same ideas, the same values, the same components, the same things always shown, the same things never shown, that too often went completely unchallenged until they really started to shake things up in the late 50s/60s. It was just an incredibly stagnant genre for a very, very long time.

Ah, nevermind. It is just millennial woes. Not enough blood and violence.

It's funny because yojimbo is basically Dashiell Hammett so the root of spaghetti is actually hard boiled noir, urban cynicism, the opposite genre of the western but also equally American, the two sides of the same mythological coin, Leone didn't care about the horizon or the moral implications of civilizing the wild, but he did seize the heart of American civilization, the greed the hypocrisy the violence that lied under the rug because he wasn't blinded by patriotism he had no reasons to believe those fairy tales Ford kept telling himself. All he knew was that cinema was a beautiful lie.

>Leone didn't care about the horizon or the moral implications of civilizing the wild
Yeah he cared about julio making goofy faces

You all have awful taste. Genocide is the only option

Definitely the best comedy film of all time.

Ha hA the funny man farted : )

It really is better. Came here to post this. You'redoing gods work user. Godspeed.

Nothing will ever come close to this. Sorry.

This is seriously one of the most quotable movies ever.

youtube.com/watch?v=jgSPO191GrQ

Fisful of dollars is eh in comparison

Should i watch it ? I was never the one to enjoy westerns. Will i enjoy this even with a western setting ?

It's one of reddit's favorite flicks, self-aware quips et al. So yeah, knock yourself out.

sleepy time guy coming through. youtube.com/watch?v=b_mMMI0Kc7I

Did you guys like the recent true grit?

They are kino but /true/ is a weird word choice.
Just out of curiosity, are you European?

One of the most rewatchable movies imo

>one of reddit's favorite flicks
???

Western has become an acquired taste. If you are not that interested you should skip it, but there's no reason for you to not enjoy any of them if you wanted.

I prefer it over the original honestly

Shit taste

why are the only correct answer being ignored? you are all a bunch of reddit faggot memers

> ctrl+F Logan
> 0 results found

>reddit
Pathetic, form an actual argument.

Better than you in every conceivable way.