Take a break from JL and shitposting

Take a break from JL and shitposting

Discuss Soderbergh's latest kino

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PxHRG2DpJ_8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pretty good, a rare film that I would say would've benefitted with a bit more exposition. Once the heist started, it became very difficult to follow what was going on. Things just sort of kept happening. It lacked that scene where the whole thing is intricately planned step-by-step by the robbers, only for things to fall apart once the job begins.

Everything else was good, Daniel Craig gives the best performance of the film. Driver was solid too and the little girl gave a surprisingly great performance

I honestly thought Channing Tatum's character threw away the money because he thought he had a good thing going, with a daughter that loves him and all

Good to see they didn't go full schmaltz and that he's smarter than he lets on.

James Bond was by far the best in this movie, closely followed by Elvis' niece.

Yeah that was a nice twist that played on my expectations.

I felt the FBI Hilary Swank character was pretty meh. I get the reason she was in, to continue the Logan curse, and possible sequel bait. But her acting felt pretty stilted, and it comes in right at the end of the film. I also agree with , wishing their was a bit more time for exposition and character development.

But other than that, it was an enjoyable and fun experience.

What the fuck is going on with that stretched out car

Lots of little problems (the prison stuff made no sense)
Lots of little thing to nitpick (try telling me the name of a character besides Joe bang)
But some genuinely good scenes manage to save the movie

It was better than I expected. Barely seen any advertising for it before or when it came out. I like the gummy bear bit and Tatums story at the beginning about John Denver. I felt like it meandered a little too much in some places and the pacing was a bit off. Plus it relied on luck a bit too much. That could have been intentional with their names and the curse, but it didn't feel organic. Like the V8 Mustang part.

Mellie, Sadie, Jimmy, Bobby Jo, Sylvia

I love the cardboard presentation that Tatum had. Contrasts nicely with the PowerPoint presentation they had in Oceans 11.

So:

- the woman at the bank got paid for them wrecking her car
- the brother in the prison got paid for helping them with the riot distraction
- the woman on the hospital bus got some cash 'cause Jimmy's all sweet on her and whatnot
- Jimmy and Clyde got paid since they're brothers and it was Jimmy's idea to begin with to do the robbery
- Joe Bang got paid since he was needed for the finer points and the explosion context

So, the two Bang brothers, Fish and Sam, what, they got Jack Fucking Shit for their participation? Yes they're a bit simple but even so the whole thing wouldn't have gone off without their assistance.

WTF man?

They're never shown getting their cut, but I think it's just implied that they got SOMETHING

My question is that Jimmy only kept what like two bags of money? How much could there have possibly been to go around that the main players got sizable cuts and there was still some left over to pay all of those other people?

Oh and the romance with the hospital bus woman was completely unearned, that bothered me. Felt shoehorned in to say the least.

No, he kept a shitton. When they were doing the flashback it was shown that be stacked the real cash behind the wall near the tubes. There were a dozen bags at least.

youtube.com/watch?v=PxHRG2DpJ_8

it would've benefited the film if they trimmed the first and third acts by about 20 minutes and actually bothered to explain the heist while it was happening *

Torrenting it rn. Really worth my while?

no

Riley Keough’s outfits got my engines revving

It was a good movie, I felt like I needed to see it again.

I disagree actually. I felt that way at first as I was watching the heist go down but then when it continued on and you see that in fact we have been fooled this whole time it made sense. The audience was more like the brothers. They only knew what was needed and nothing else. All of the planning and background preparation was taken care of by the Logans which we are to believe are unlucky and stupid throughout the whole movie.

i dont like a single actor in this movie, although i tolerated Craig in Road to Perdition. is logan lucky good enough for me to look past that?

I didn't think they got paid at all. At the start of it they say they need a good reason to do it and didn't seem too interested about how much they would make. I assume Bond got their cut of the money and he would take care of his brothers.

That was a joke. They still went to the coca cola heist and only complained midway once things go to shit

I don't think it was. I saw it as two dumb country boys that have only known that shady life wanting to actually turn their life around. Possibly because their brother got sent to prison. Maybe it is just that I know a few people very similar to that around where I grew up. They basically go along with what ever their older brother does.

Driver didn't belong in this movie

good taste. Sister was super cute, and Craig was great as a hillbilly.

Eventually they come back around and explain what the real grand plan was, but there was still 30 minutes worth of scenes during the heist where things would just keep happening without any explanation as to why. A brief scene that spells out what each of the steps were and why they were necessary would've been useful.

Example: I was completely lost during the scenes with the cake lady. There was never a moment I can recall where they explained why any of that was happening. I understood later on why it happened but in the moment, I was nearly ready to check out of the story completely.

I can see why you feel that way but I prefer this way compared to having it all laid out at the start. Watching the heist play out trying to understand what this part is for or how it ties into this other thing. Again I feel we are really meant to feel sort of lost through that part of the movie. When the heist starts to go 'wrong' we are supposed to think it actually went wrong when the only thing that wasn't planned for was the brother running into the jackass from the bar. My only complaint is that it was a little too reliant on luck to succeed but then again it is right in the title of the movie and the only part I really consider lucky is the cake and roaches.

It's a very good film. Much better than the other overblown heist / crime movies of 2017 (Baby Driver & Good Time)

>watching movie
>it ain't me starts playing

exactly, the prison stuff seemed weird. also a shit load of niggers in a west virginia prison, also why was that guy leaving in a limo?

also the prison stuff was just weird in general. They should have cut most of it except the beginning and the fire and the end.

and i still don't really understand the heist or why Swank is in it.