What action movies do the "female protagonist" meme properly without turning it into a mary sue like nu-wars...

What action movies do the "female protagonist" meme properly without turning it into a mary sue like nu-wars, or a detestable obnoxious ratface like wonder woman?

Hardmode: no aliens or terminator

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n1xl-wRF3cY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

she wasnt the protagonist but lena headey in dredd is a good villain

lol and yes anderson was good too. dredd just did female character right

Lotr does female characters right, even if their number is old fashioned

Atomic Blonde
She kicks asses, but also gets beat to pulp, visible bruises, weaker and weaker punches as fights progress.
Expected another over the top 'stryng womyn' but actual result is really acceptable.

Sicario

lady snowblood

SAA?

Aliens
T2

Sicario
>Useless bitch whines, gets fucked up, needs saving and lets emotions get in the way of everything

Strange Days has a good action girl but she's not the protagonist.

Best one is the scene in 'True Romance' where Alabama defeats the Mafia hitman.

youtube.com/watch?v=n1xl-wRF3cY

Sicario.
Villeneuve is redpilled when it comes to showcasing female strength in his movies. BR2049 was another good case of this (albeit not the protagonist)

Silence of the Lambs.

Not only does it not devolve into mary sue bullshit, but it also tackles the theme of a woman working in a male-oriented field with subtlety.

Even the part where she directly mentions it ("It matters, sir...Cops look at you to see how to act and...it matters." I'm paraphrasing here) is handled like a scalpel, not a sledgehammer.

If I had a daughter I'd make her watch Silence of the Lambs.

Like others have said Emily Blunt was fucking incredible in Sicario as a straight shooting cop who is in way over her head

I'll also throw Blunt in here for Edge of Tomorrow

Mad max fury road obviously. This should've been the first post.

I can't really think of a better example than pic related

End was annoying

unironically watched this daily on disney channel when I was 12.

Watched Lizzie McGuire religiously as a kid, now it's Younger.