How are you guys coming to terms with the fact capekino doesn't exist anymore?

how are you guys coming to terms with the fact capekino doesn't exist anymore?

It's now all CGI, bad design and adolescent quipping.

I'll never forgive Nolan for turning down directing Justice League.

Fine. They're just movies.

I don't watch them.

for you

leave

why, it was going to be a trainwreck no matter who was in charge. The fucked their lead in with convoluted, grim dark borefests so it was always going to be a struggle to right the ship. Say what you want about Nolan but at least he is trying new things, he's not pigeonholing himself in capeshit

No.

tdk and tdkr fucking suck but batman begins is kino

thank God. Even Nolan is above that shit

>impying capekino can't have CGI or jokes

Pic unrelated

Damn, how forgettable would that have been?

I mean, his Batman movies were fine but he's to blame for all of this "grounded" shit like Amazing Spiderman and MoS

Nolan only agreed to do Batman so WB would greenlight Inception. He doesn't give a fuck about cinematic universe.

And what were they before Nolan? That's rite.... Goofy fun movies.

CGI within reason is okay as are jokes (not quips).

No one actually takes the Marvel films seriously, in terms of great filmmaking. They're good popcorn flicks - that's it.

TDK is actually considered a great film REGARDLESS of genre.

what I've always wanted to know is how Nolan was given the go ahead to pretty much do what he wanted with Batman?

DESU, I prefer grounded more realstic superhero films. At least for live action. I just can't take it seriously otherwise.

But I'm not a fantasy guy either, so that's just me.

>I prefer grounded more realstic superhero films.

That's fine and all, but there are some ideas where trying to portray it as grounded and real just isn't going to work, like Fantastic Four or Spider-Man.

He probably had to allow some of his female relatives to be ritually raped, or he procured some off the street

Tdk is shit

Nolan is shit tho

Logan was top tier other than the phone video and the kids at the end

The Dark Knight wasn't fucking capekino. It's the flick that launched a thousand memes.

I maintain this was the last and best capekino, and I don't give a shit how much anyone loathes Max Landis. It was the perfect deconstruction of the superhero genre and the /thread on cape films in general.

Christian bale went sadfrog when asked about it

that shit was so childish but like in an adult way man

awful

How was it childish exactly? Because it was about, essentially, children?

MoS was good compared to the garbage that is BvS and JL. The latter decided to be ramped up to bring too surreal, and imo Batman and JL should have never been considered. MoS sets such a high "powerlevel" they should have gone straight to rebooting Green Lantern and such. Only later could they have a more cartoony Batman that wasn't a moody old man who somehow can't catch an edgy Joker whilst somehow can almost kill Superman with a spear.

I'm just baffled at how much Warner fucked up DC in all this. Too many cooks in the kitchen syndrome, focus audiences, and fucking retarded suits are all to blame after Man of Steel.

I sort of resent Nolan for ending the trilogy. His series had potential to slip into “ongoing” in the way that bond does.