I don't understand how you can like the CW-verse and not like this movie

I don't understand how you can like the CW-verse and not like this movie.

It's like a higher budget CW pilot.
It's certainly more well made than an episode of a CW cape show.

i never seen the movie, but did they take a literal buddy cops in space movie, but set it on earth of all places?

Cheap CGI is forgivable in a free TV show for all audiences.

It's not in a movie that cost a quarter or a million dollars.

Arrowverse fans tend to be pretty delusional. So its not surprising.

bump

I have different standards for movies and television?

Not that I particularly care for CWverse. I watched a few episodes of Flash and that's it. But the rationale isn't hard to grasp.

Go home Greg, you're drunk

Because outside of the Oa stuff it was boring as fuck.

bump

hs

I didn't mind it. Lots of wasted potential and the costume looks worse and worse every day, but it's not as bad as people say it was. With more creative effort from story and art and less parallax and sequel baiting, it had the foundations to be some truly good capeshit.

The CGI suits were cool as fuck, and one of the only good things about the movie.

It pisses me off that everyone shits on them just because the movie was shite.

>unironically liking the poor cgi mask/movements and weird glowing musculature

I'm not saying it was a bad idea in concept, but come on my dude, is your taste really so off?

Hey now, Sup Forums isnt a hivemind. I fucking tired of CW shit. It was fun here and there, but overall its watered down crap. As for Green Lantern, its the definition of wasted potential. Shackling it to Earth was a bad idea

The masks were really bad, I can't deny that.

But if you seriously don't like the glowing musculature, then you honestly have no place enjoying capeshit at all. You're too old, in all likelihood. You've forgotten what it means to enjoy something without worries.

The aliens were more interesting than Ryan Reynolds and any other human character. The movie should've been about the Corps. Kilowog and Tomar-Re were excellent. Hell Sinestro felt more like a badass hero to me than anyone in DC films.

>Shackling it to Earth was a bad idea

I think it could have worked out if they had stuck with that. They set up an Earth-based villain, and then suddenly forgot about him and shoehorned Parallax in because obviously that needs to be the climax of the first Green Lantern movie, right? Casuals just getting their first taste of GL need to be thrown in the deep end straight off!
It was like they took half a GL Year One movie, then half a GL Parallax arc movie, and spliced bits of them together into one jumbled mess.

Why does Parallax literally look like shit? Who thought that was a good idea?

Setting Cosmic/Magic based characters on Earth in movies infuriates the fuck out of me. I dislike the Thor movies for the same reason.

Because the CG is super noticeable and Parallax looked so bad.

And this is coming from a GL fan.

The problem is that it has the bullshit conclusion of a CW series without the 10s of hours of fun-ish buildup to make up for it. Of course people are going to be less forgiving. Though I'm not terribly in love with the Cw shows either tbqh.

That part makes sense when you realize it was loosely an Emerald Dawn script that they tried to paste Johns era stuff onto at the last minute. Legion was kind of just a monstrous thing like that, though the ED battle was on Oa instead.

But Hal IS based out of Earth in the comics, it's his homeworld, it's well placed near the center of the sector he's in charge of, and it's also the world where the most ludicrous shit that requires fixing happens, on a regular basis.

The enemy was a giant cloud.

CW shows at least, 50% of the time, have good villains.

Captain Cold, Merlyn, Slade, Eobard, Darhk and Prometheus were all quite fun characters.

The Disney marketing machine convinced me this movie is shit

>Captain Cold,
Shit
>Merlyn
Shit after season 1.
>Slade
Should've stayed a heroic character. He was embarrassing as a villain.
>Eobard
Boring
>Darhk
Absolute garbage, one of the worst villains on par with Zoom and Vandal Savage
>Prometheus
Shit.

I liked it.