Batman 1989

Has anyone ever actually made it through this garbage?
My record is 21 min

It's terrible.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=29vsspQzDeU
youtube.com/watch?v=OOwUwzNWYK4
youtube.com/watch?v=QnVl_TXhoZs
youtube.com/watch?v=g0IdRsgcPn0
youtube.com/watch?v=T78lwKBIQYs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

not enough quips for you?

Nah. No one has watched it.

I have fond memories of that movie, but truthfully, yes, it's hard to watch when I actually see it on tv.

Bait thread?

People won't admit it, but '89 is a pretty shit movie. It has a few good scenes which is why people remember it fondly, but they're poorly tied together and on the whole the film is a bore. Returns is infinitely superior.

Probably the only good capeshit movie, along with Christopher Reeve Superman I and II

Raimi Spiderman (Barring 3)? Xmen?

Though, they don't wear capes so eh.

Don't you have to be 18 to post here?

No

Even tired starting at the mid way point

>ugly set pieces
>low audio dialouge
>faggy batman round glasses
>Michel keatin balding but has 6 inch high hair turtleneck clothes
>stupid Batmobile
>who was the joker in it..not the actor the character?
>what was the plot again?

Tbqh, I feel the same way about the Dark Knight. I find it to be a soulless flick with each scene blending into the next, boring me senseless.

this movie is still my favorite next to batman forever (i'm not an oldfag forgive my taste) i used to played the NES games at my grandparents while my parents partied and did cocaine

still tho, i rather watch this crap than anything with Ben.. cant he just star in another ww2 movie or something. He will ruin his legacy if it goes on like this

>>stupid Batmobile
Kill yourself

>I was 9 when it came out, so yes

I loved it, but I’ll freely admit it doesn’t hold up well over time.

>stupid Batmobile
What the fucking fuckity fuck?

Saw it all the time when I was a kid. Born in '91.

>My record is 21 min
That's when Harvey Dent shows up, I imagine.

More like Baitman amirite

>Nicholson is horrible miscast
>Too much female yelling
>Music is too comedic in parts
Yes it hasn't aged well

>being this bad at trolling
are you seriously gonna try to talk shit about danny elfman?

cant be done

Never seen it but it's made by the same guy who does all those shitty hot topic movies with Johnny Depp so I have no doubt it's utter shit

You must be over 18 to post here

pretty much every reason you listed is retarded. You should consider killing yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=29vsspQzDeU
Still the best Batman introduction scene in any movie, possibly in any depiction. I absolutely love the way the dude looks at the camera at 3:35. Pure terror, and I haven't seen any movie better depict a criminal being afraid of Batman.

I always really loved Returns, felt like it captured Batman the best. It really did feel like a Batman universe instead of Batman in NY.

The movie is bad

>low audio dialouge
Did you watch a yify rip on your laptop you stupid faggot?

Take your nostalgia glasses off retards. The movie has aged like milk and is a fucking snoozefest.

>Tim button is a genius
>he films things in dark light
>fanny elfman beetlejuice music bom bom bom bom all sound the same
>cardboard city skyline
>broading close up scenes of Batman fag face. Oh so sad he lost his parents
>Nickleson literally has cotton in his checks and a weird mouth

It's literally the dfinitin of shit shit shit

4/10

>Let's spot the millienial.

>unironically saying nostalgia glasses/goggles

>Michel keatin balding but has 6 inch high hair turtleneck clothes

If this is legitimately a reason you dislike this movie you are a giant faggot.

>hurr hurr millenial
t.someone who can't come up with a redeeming factor for this movie besides the fact it was their childhood favorite.
Nobody fucking cares you were someone's retarded little stepchild in the 80's. Want a fucking cookie?

it's true though. The movie is bad. Accept it.

>Nobody fucking cares you were someone's retarded little stepchild in the 80's. Want a fucking cookie?

It's better than the capeshit we have now.

t. spoiled by capeshit and have ADD

good meme. So how is the movie good again?

Wow. It's better than shit. Well I'm convinced. I'll go watch it right now then

Must be ass blasted knowing you'll never be able to retire. lol, Millienials are so easy to bait.

t.your older brother

That's far enough.

3/10. Tired meme retort.

Beep beep

I'm not a millenial you drooling fuck retard. I just know shit when I see it. Get some taste faggot.

Damn that thing looks good.

Danny Elfman used to be somewhat good, but he's a fucking hack and all his scores sound the same. It's either Christmas or Halloween. Sometimes a mix of both.

>score leading up really well
>lots of tension
>3:15 electric bongos start playing
Awful musical choice at that part, but good scene nonetheless.

Zimmer is only popular because he has scored a bunch of really popular movies.

I love the tumbler but this thing is fucking amazing. Such a sleek design without going over the top.
My ranking is
1989>Nolan trilogy>Batman Forever>DCEU>Batman and Robin

Spoken like a true millennial :^)

Good point, but popularity isn't always an indicator of quality, and throughout his career he's composed plenty of excellent scores regardless of the popularity of the films they were for.

I disagree.

>Hans BWAAAAAAA HORNS Zimmer
Lel

>>stupid Batmobile
Too far, this is obvious bait

0/10

>unironically liking Zimmer, master of slowly adding and stopping instuments without ever having melody

Poor bait

Can you fags stop talking about being a millemmiaul and reddit and glasses and talk about the fukin movie

Saw the movie on tv yesterday. It's still good.

>Has anyone ever actually made it through this garbage

Many, many times. It's one of those comfy movies I never get sick of watching.

>that cool, unique opening title sequence where the bat emblem slowly comes into frame

>the opening with the two thieves and Batman's spooky, almost phantom like first appearance

>the costume design, not just for Batman and Joker, but the civilians, gangsters and cops as well

>that hazy, film noir aesthetic with an ugly run down Gotham City

>the chemical plant shootout where the Joker is born is pure kino. The music, the choreography, the cat and mouse shots between Jack, Batman and the cops

>the mob scene where the Joker fries that guy into a burning corpse and talks to it

>the news sequence where Joker starts his own infomercial

>the Academy award, oscar winning art direction from the gadgets, Batcave, Gotham and the Batmobile

>the quaint miniature and practical effects work for the Batwing sequences. The beautiful matte paintings. You'd never see that sort of stuff in a modern comic book flick

It's not perfect by any means, the Prince music alone dates a good bit of it, but it's still really good. I prefer Batman Returns and The Dark Knight for different reasons, but the atmosphere and tone set for Batman in 1989 changed everything for the better. If you have a favorite Batman movie that isn't 1989, I guarantee you it contains something inspired by it.

People take it for granted now a days, but this film really was something else. This scene alone captures the essence of Batman more so than anything else that has been done before.

youtube.com/watch?v=OOwUwzNWYK4

>generalizing everything he's done with BWAAAAAAA HORNS
I'm annoyed that you're right in that aspect of his recent career in most of Nolan's flicks and the score for blade runner 2049, but they're still not that badly made in themselves.
Even then this simple reply you've concocted really does paint the picture that you haven't bothered to listen to any of his less recent work, which has significant variety compared to the limited range of Elfman.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, this is just an assumption.

They don't make cool movie posters like this anymore. I can't even imagine a poster coming out today without photoshopped actors on them.

If only the joker was still funny. Nowadays it has to be all edgy and shit. Don't get me wrong, Ledger's joker is fantastic, but it's very easy to forget why they even call him the joker in the dark knight.

This guy gets it

Mask of the Phantasm Joker is probably the best mix of threatening and funny.

>the parents' death scene
It's so good in this movie. When you really think about it this movie is way more fucked up than that edgy Nolan shit.
>in the commercial scene when the joker shows an actual dead body on television.
>the joker shows off his girlfriend that he himself disfigured with acid so she would be a freak like him
>that scene where he tells Vicki that she killed herself
What's terrifying about that scene is that he could be lying and in fact he pushed her out the window because he got tired of her, but if he's telling the truth then he traumatized her so much that she couldn't bear to live anymore and just offed herself.

>that scene where there's a roll of bologna and a butcher knife on the table, but he grabs the bologna instead and waylays her across the face with it

Keep trying to distract from what a piece of shit Justice League is.

This is back when Warner Bros actually put out quality capeshit.

youtube.com/watch?v=QnVl_TXhoZs

How come descent into mystery is ten times better than any of the other tracks? it's one of the only ones with a true sense of danger and it's just him driving home.
It feels like such a bizarre pairing.

>Returns is infinitely superior.
This. Fucking boring bassinger doesnt stand a fucking minute against Pfeiffer obviously.

I literally wore out the vhs tape from watching it so often as a kid.

I like childhood remembered more.

youtube.com/watch?v=g0IdRsgcPn0

it's honestly pretty bad kek, returns is much better

ahh, whatever. still has the best soundtrack.

And Batmobile.

It’s a good flick. It has not aged well however. The way Batman turns is goofy as fuck because Keaton can’t turn his head.

I loved it, and still do. Very enjoyable imo. Keaton is like a weird loner instead of an eccentric billionaire but i dont really mind.
Best gotham too imo, just a dirty shithole filled with crime and degenerates. I also think Burton captures the comics the best in live action

You are awesome, Sir

youtube.com/watch?v=T78lwKBIQYs
I always loved the battle cry that dude with the swords let out when he showed up. I don't know if it's a nostalgia thing or what, but whenever I hear that I know shit's about to fucking go down. Why can't comic book movies nail this kind of sound design anymore where one word or a yell, fuck, even a certain movement can give you goosebumps and make you focus on what's happening?

I'm sorry I was out actually doing something productive unlike you, millennial.

I know it's so easy to ass blast these little boys.

Art of good editing has been lost to CGI memery.