ITT: Movies that fucked you up

Watched Lilya 4-ever last night. I'm still floating around in numbness, a couple of hours after waking up

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/voices/dubai-woman-arrested-gang-rape-uae-sex-crime-local-laws-know-how-common-it-is-a7422336.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Jesus what a faggot

don't act like he didn't get to you

Don't pretend like you didn't get a boner during you know which scene.

>a woman seeks out exciting bad men because normies are such wussies
>bad men do bad things to woman
>boo hoo i'm a victim now why are all men so bad

The whore deserved it.

what movie did you watch?

Lilya 4-ever. Though it's like 10 or 15 years since I saw it. I remember clearly not feeling bad for the chick though.

This man hasnt seen "A Serbian Film"

>not one but TWO happy endings
how is this a depressing film?

Because that film is fucking garbage and Lilja is actually a decent film. Fuck off back to Sup Forums you fucking turbopleb.

fuck off

she doesn't seek out bad men, she doesn't have money for food so she goes into the city to fuck to be able to eat. She vomits after sleeping with older men, but is able to buy some hope for her and Volodya with the money, which is then killed off by the circumstances. She finds a sliver of hope in someone that she thinks actually cares for her (he doesn't), who then manipulates her to be a sex slave without pay, raped by her employer until she kills herself. The paradise that she hoped would be a refuge was exactly the same as the hell she came from, so she jumped from a bridge

I don't know how to talk to you if that doesn't strike a cord of empathy in you, you gotta be a special kind of resentful to be able to be antagonistic to a character such as Lilya

This is my go to comfy movie

I get high or trip and just watch

thanks for giving me some ideas on how to acquire a sex slave.

i had a few wanks to this one
good flick

It's easy. Just start objectively looking at society and how women and men behave. You'll soon realise how women are parasites and you'll start to despise them. Then you won't feel a thing when one of them gets raped or murdered.

you go on with your day feeling like accomplished jokester edgy bois now, well done playing mean for the internet

Other soyboy, the thread...

Are you actually a fag? Seriously.

??? how is this edgy?
its actually really hot.
fucking normies go back to Sup Forums

From the trailer I can glance her partying and whoring around, literally zero empathy. Get a cashier job and stay at home, slut.

>user shares his unironic thoughts on a film on Sup Forums
>Sup Forums predictably makes fun of him as Sup Forums always does
>user gete upset and overly sensitive

What a retard. This is Sup Forums, how did you expect we'd react?

fair point
I don't know, since Come and See and films like it can stir up a collective feel bad-meditation I thought Lilya 4-ever could do the same. Suppose a film about trafficing and rape was too obvious of a target

>rape
I bet you've been apologitically sharing #metoo stories on twitter how you asked someone to a date.

taking the bait just for the fuck of it

what is rape if not being attacked by 4 men, held down and stripped? Or attacked in a bathtub, while screaming "no, no, please no"?

Rape requires at least 5 rapists to be proper rape.

And they must be black.

Jesus Christ what a faggot.... no wonder the faggots from Sup Forums call people like you "soyboys" and "low test".

Are you aware that rape is a major fetish which explains why people mentioned that they fapped to the movie?

I thought this was a thread in disguise to get people to post about other movies with rape in them.
Like, I'm pretty normal but this scene was hot.

Why did she jump? Had she given up all hope?

She had sex with a non-chad and commited suicide due to breaking society's norms.

>watched X
>doesn't post a 1080p MEGA link

This shit has to stop.

i watched this movie late at night as a 14 year old, not knowing what i was getting into, i had a similiar reaction OP

shame that pol has ruined Sup Forums though, this thread is a nightmare

This movie pissed me off irl for at least a good two weeks.

Decent film but slightly too moralizing. Kind of like Requiem for a Dream. The message is too hamfisted and the director is trying really hard to make a point.

Hence the edgy shitposting because it is dishonest.

>Mother abandoned her in former sovietistan
>aunt was a bitch who snatched her apartment
>aunt didn't pay her bills so heat and electricity was cut off from new, shitty apartment
>mother sent a letter saying that main character was an unwanted child and that she renounced her guardianship, main character now has 0 hope of getting out of soviet shithole
>main character runs out of money, has nothing to eat
>only friend is 14y o boy () whom she stopped from killing himself, boy's only light in life is main character and sniffing glue
>main character goes to city to sleep with older men to get some money
>meets dude just a little bit older than her who helps her, manipulates her into falling in love with him and telling her that he'll help her get to sweden where she'll find work
>sweden is portrayed as paradise, she'll finally live an alright life
>goes to sweden, finds out she's fucked, locked into shitty apartment, her new pimp rapes her
>gets passed around swedish men
>manages to run away when pimp forgets to lock door
>pimp has convinced her that police will send her back if they find her
>nowhere to go
>jumps from a bridge
>reunited with 14yo who killed himself when she left
>end credits
kind of a downer
I felt it was a little tacky in some places, but the problem is so real that it deserves to be portrayed as a tragic problem imo. I can forgive it for being morally forceful: supposedly it's based on a true story of a girl from Latvia and it left me feeling awful
The ending scene in the woods left me unable to leave it for weeks too, riddiculously powerful

Requiem for a dream just left me with a feeling of hopelessness. I didn't feel that there was any point to any of the story and that the film was just made to experiment with how shitty you could make a viewer feel, so I agree with you on that one

ehh didn't fuck me up at all. she choose to start fucking guys for food. its a risky fucking lifestyle. shit like that happens everyday. plenty of girls are probably getting rapped as we speak. nothing we can do about it.

pic related fucked me up. something about senseless violence and the bad guy actually winning. makes me fucked. i want more movies like that.

When I finished End of Evangelion I stayed up in a daze until 5AM doing nothing but listening to Thanatos and masturbating to Asuka's tits.

I know right, isn't this worse than a year or two ago?

>shame that pol has ruined Sup Forums though, this thread is a nightmare
this is quite immature of you. not everybody is going to react the same way to Art user.

baby of macon fucked me up a couple weeks back

I didn't really like Oldboy, is this anything like that?

its nothing like oldboy

tell me about it user

Swedish propaganda movie

sex trafficking isn't real?

its real. but this movie isn't sex trafficking

she was failing school already and getting high off gas.

yeah she sure had everything set out for herself and she just squandered everything

S A D B O Y S

and just how is this movie not sex trafficking?

idk maybe the part where she choose to start sucking dick to make cash???

like i said she made her bed. didn't bother trying in school and was already doing drugs at a young age.
if you weren't so privileged yourself in a first world country. you would end up like her anyway.

Movies with dating cute girls often make me silly. Firstly after the movie I would feel sweet and want to watch it again . But then after a few days when that sweet feeling stopped I would feel sad and bitter.
and movies with incest

Do you get the same feeling from superhero movies when you realise you aren't actually a superhero? Unless you actually are one.

>if you weren't so privileged yourself in a first world country. you would end up like her anyway
dude that's the entire point, her circumstances fucked her up. This BAD CHARACTER shit you're pulling isn't changing anything, you admitted yourself that people act differently in different circumstances and her circumstances of being stuck in hopelessness with no real future ahead of her fucked her up. Also, what would she have done to get that money? Get a job? Don't you think she would have if she could have?

you're agreeing with me. but calling it sex trafficking is false. she made that decision.
it's no different than somebody trying to sell drugs and end up getting robbed. so that you know owe the supplier money or he kills you.
it's fucked but when you put yourself into situations like that. how am I supposed to feel bad?

>Also, what would she have done to get that money? Get a job? Don't you think she would have if she could have?
who knows. the movie didn't give us that option to see her trying to make an effort. just straight to going for the easy way out with her "friend"

anyway its a pointless argument with you. this movie has connected with you emotionally so any logic will be thrown out the window with you.

Incel logic

Actually it's only incest movies these days

Okay first up, she was manipulated by Andrei who said she'd be working with vegetables. When she arrived to Sweden she was locked into the apartment, and her pimp told her that he'd kill her if she tried to run away. Sure, you could argue that she could have had the character to not sleep with those men in the beginning (even though I don't agree with this frame of reasoning), but being lured into going somewhere and then being used as a sex slave IS sex trafficking. What's your argument against this?

It is implied that this is the only option. Why would a human being do something as uncomfortable that she vomits afterwards if she has the option of standing in a store to get the money? This is the same dumb reasoning that hard righters pull when seeing beggars on the street. I'm not even a lefty, this is just a flat out neglect of motivational mechanics and human psychology.

>This is the same dumb reasoning that hard righters pull when seeing beggars on the street. I'm not even a lefty, this is just a flat out neglect of motivational mechanics and human psychology.
why are you even bringing politics positions into this? im liberal myself

>but being lured into going somewhere and then being used as a sex slave IS sex trafficking. What's your argument against this?
the point I've been making in the first place. the moment she got dressed up and went to that strip club with her friend to suck dick and then threw away the money her "friend" gave to her was the end of her logical choices.
>Okay first up, she was manipulated by Andrei who said she'd be working with vegetables.
of course, she gets manipulated. the movie showed she wasn't that much of a smart person.

since this is a movie based on a third world country. of course they're going to pound in how horrible her life will go based off that choice she made. its easier for me to critique this movie and talk about how she could have avoided this situation. based on my privilege of education. but you can't expect me to feel sorry for her.

you are not normal

Arrival hit me hard at the end because I'm a father. I cried, honestly.

why are you here?

Because I've here for nearly 12 years and it's hard to stop.

Stop lying. Only newfags use spoilers.

These are honestly the gayest threads ever. I only ever cried at the end of T2 because I was 4 years old.

this

>why are you even bringing politics positions into this
this is a matter of the question of circumstances versus character. Circumstances has always been a thing of the left (social services, unemployment support) while the right has been advocating individual character (lower wages to force down unemployment rates)

>the moment she got dressed up and went to that strip club ... end of her logical choices
what?

>wasn't much of a smart person
Of course she took the opportunity to get out of a shitty situation, people who are desperate are risk-seeking. This is a basic psychological truth, not exclusive to dumb people. She wanted to believe that she could get a better life, so she chose to ignore the doubts that she had. This is the same mechanism that hits people with gambling addiction who find themselves broke - they ignore the fact that they probably won't win because the reality of being stuck without the money that they have lost is too hard to fathom. Lilya couldn't face the fact that there was no golden ticket, that she was destined to be stuck in her shitty apartment, so she ignored what Volodya said about vegetables not growing in the winter.

>they're going to pound in how horrible her life will go
I mean why would people go so foolishly with strangers who are luring them to other countries if their circumstances weren't shitty? It's not a question of that the movie frames the circumstances to be overly shitty, it's a question of that people try to take control over their destiny with desperate measures when their situation is bad enough. How often do privileged, rich people end up in situations such as Lilya?

if you are, then gtfo

where's this from?
yeah good on you for being so emotionally distant that you have to force sexual identity into the discussion to justify you being emotionally detached.

heh us Sup Forumstards am I right?

*Newfriends

bridge to terabithia

500 days is such a cozy ride desu, I still love that one

>Lilya couldn't face the fact that there was no golden ticket, that she was destined to be stuck in her shitty apartment, so she ignored what Volodya said about vegetables not growing in the winter.
that's been my whole argument. she fucked up and kept making it worse. unfortunate she lived in a third world shit hole.

> How often do privileged, rich people end up in situations such as Lilya?
that's just how life is my dude. everybody on this board is a couple bad situations away from being like Lilya or being "rich" that's how life is. if this movie helped you realize that good on you. but for myself its something my parents thought since I was young. hence why this movie didn't "fuck me up"
the only difference as guys we have the option (if you don't have health issues) to do construction. if you do have health issues and you're poor. you're basically dead in this world. male or female. it sucks but welcome to reality.

it is very warm in the message it's putting across, no matter how bitter parts of it are. its that particular scene that fucks me up though

my problem with your reasoning is that you're calling it "fucked up", which puts blame on her. She is clearly the victim. Human beings are flawed and sometimes alternatives that lead to disaster feel like the only sensible option. I don't really get how you can't feel empathetic for someone in a situation where circumstances were so dire that she picked an option that hurt her. But that's just me, maybe we aren't so far from agreement after all

>that's just how life is my dude
I feel good about reacting emotionally to a movie explicitly showing details of how this is reflected, I can be cynical and distanced when I don't actually see people being affected by this shit but I can't when I do see it. Good on you for learning that lesson early, I guess. It sounds to me like you're not affected by the human suffering in the movie, it sits weirdly with me

Agreed

>which puts blame on her.
I mean if you wanna be autistic. she is still somewhat responsible for her actions leading up to that point. it still majority not her fault. but she isn't 100% innocent in this. just a byproduct of not being privileged in a first world country. that lets us get away with doing dumbass shit(like credit card debt I don't really get how you can't feel empathetic for someone in a situation where circumstances were so dire that she picked an option that hurt her.
i feel sorry for her but it's not something that would make me feel sad all day.

>It sounds to me like you're not affected by the human suffering in the movie,
to a point of like i said above. its not going to ruin my day. this pissed me off for a week(still does tbf). probably because I'm a male and can see myself being in that situation since I teach children tennis. which requires me sometimes to have to guide their hand to help them learn strokes. which makes me very careful about what I say and how I approach them.

>it's a Chad forgets he's larping episode

it's worse when you realise that was her mother's fate as well.

I feel like I'm with you on much of what you're saying but I don't get how you can take the position of saying that she is a byproduct of not being privileged AND saying that she isn't 100% innocent in this.

The Hunt is one of the most powerful movie experiences I've ever had, I totally get why you feel that you teaching kids tennis impacted you when you saw it

Holy shit, I didn't get that. I can't believe I missed that but of course she did. Man, there wasn't much light in that film

>She could've gone to the, you know, authorities and asked for help

>trip
People give me a lot of shit when in said I like watching movies on acid, people that do acid are just as bad as stoners.
>nah man, you should be outside and experience the outdors, experience the nature man.
>then they proceed to drop 2ci

in UAE the woman is the one raping the five upstanding pillars of the community

>authorities helping anyone in Latvia
>social services did a bunch to help her situation when her mother disowned her
>the state of post-soviet infrastructure is a great indicator on how good support for the disadvantaged works in these countries, would you look at those standards

what

None at all. I think it's the most depressing film I've ever seen.

Russian women are so hot, discuss

wait, explain please

t.brainlet

independent.co.uk/voices/dubai-woman-arrested-gang-rape-uae-sex-crime-local-laws-know-how-common-it-is-a7422336.html

"A British national from the North West has been charged with sex outside marriage in Dubai after she reported having been gang-raped by two men from Birmingham. The men were due to return to the UK within a few hours of the incident, so were not arrested in the UAE as a result of the victim report. The 25-year-old was on her way to pursue a life in Australia when she was befriended by two fellow Englishmen who, it was reported, lured her to their hotel room where she was pinned down and raped while recording it on a phone.

Following her arrest for extramarital sex, this woman’s passport has been confiscated and she is prohibited from leaving the country. She is essentially under “country arrest” while she awaits legal proceedings against her. The prescribed punishments for extramarital sex in the UAE include imprisonment, deportation, floggings and stoning to death."

Volodyas & Lilya's friendship was a at least a sliver of light in my opinion. Wasn't worth much when the circumstances didn't allow them to get happier though
the scene where Volodya's father had punctured his ball fucking killed me

>but I don't get how you can take the position of saying that she is a byproduct of not being privileged AND saying that she isn't 100% innocent in this.
simply because of optimism. I do honestly believe that there have been girls in her situation or even worse. who didn't have to kill themselves and ended up leaving to a better life or ended up rising up in their country. that's a very small minority but still possible.

which is why I liked the hunt or least felt for it. because he fought his way out and got justice(somewhat) if hunt ended up where he did prison time for life. i would have probably just not felt the same way about it.

I'm Cynically Optimistic

sounds comically dark

>he thinks feeling pity for a prostitute is normal
You're the abnormal one here mate

to make it clear. i knew the movie wanted me to experience how fucked life can get. which lead the situations to become predictable for me.
you should watch the Punisher series by Nicholas Refn. shit gets fucked there but I think the way he makes the situations unpredictable is what lead me to feel really sorry for the characters.

I hope her mother gets raped by a bunch of crackers

Lilya's mother meets a "nice guy" that promises to take her and Lilya abroad away from Sovietistan for a better life. Change of plan, Lilya has to stay behind until they set up a home, for reasons. They promise to send Lilya money to live on and then tickets to follow. Mom disappears and communication dies, Lilya abandoned. Then Lilya follows the same path with a "nice guy" and is forced into sex slavery. It's not a coincidence that their stories are so similar.