Wait... Is Marvel Turning It Around Now?

So the ComicsPro meeting where everyone was laughing at Marvel for blaming their problems on DC was disastrous. And the February numbers, which gave us a peek at the closer to reality numbers since it featured less tricks and no overshipping, was embarrassing.

After all that, has Marvel actually come to the breaking point and is now actually willing to work with fans and retailers in order to correct the ship? Are they actually going to give the fans what they want and treat the retailers with a modicum of respect with Make Mine Marvel?

Spencer on suicide watch.

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2017/03/03/make-mine-marvel-will-relaunch-titles-not-1-legacy-numbers/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>holy menstruation

Nope!

>Marvel doing anything to actually help their brand
No.
>Disney making Marvel do things to help Disney's brand
Yes.

>Three twitter posts
>"SURELY THE TIME HAS COME!"

Hype until proven otherwise. We'll see.

>DC isn't doing good! It's just nostalgia blindness!

Boy I hope someone slapped Spencer upside the head.

Wanna hope for a change, but I can't believe that'll happen without a fair bit of the current staff being weeded out.

>it's a Higgins shill thread

Seems like someone from Marvel might've contacted him directly to talk about what's coming up since they know how vocal he's been about how shit they've been lately.

If it was something retailer wide you'd think it would've leaked to Rich by now.

>Praying to Captain America

Go home Bryce

The DC vs Marvel comic rivalry is ridiculous. Why do they care so much about comic sales when they barely make anything from them?

They'll always have their big daddy parent companies and their merchandise, tv shows and movies that are vastly popular.

It really is

I remember when I used to listen to his podcast he said he checks Sup Forums

Only the fans care.

There's always been a rivalry, it's what happens when they're by far the biggest players in the game. The difference is it used to be a pretty friendly, good matured one....then the dark times came.....then Quesada came.

A bunch of modern Marvel people deliberately and maliciously now stir the pot and even take outright shots at DC. The fans are just imitating what they see from the people in charge.

Rich I have a question

how long do you think you can keep talking to your circlejerk like this before one of them actually checks the figures you're quoting against, you know, forever?

Feb wasn't even a bad month, I mean, fuck, if you were going to pull this shit you should have done it in 2009

thicko

It's literally the only thing driving bleedingcool's ad revenues, which is why Rich likes to post here so much.

It's a shame because if he were a real journalist he'd have any number of stories to choose from, even in comics, but he picks this because it's easy money.

Fuck him.

I am getting such major Deja Vu vibes from this.....am I wrong or did this exact same fucking thing happen before. Even the OP looks exactly the fucking same. Am I from the future?

>If it was something retailer wide you'd think it would've leaked to Rich by now.

He did post something:
bleedingcool.com/2017/03/03/make-mine-marvel-will-relaunch-titles-not-1-legacy-numbers/

I'm guessing theirs more to it then just the legacy numbering, new Incredible Hulk and non-Hydra Cap though.

>I'm guessing theirs more to it then just the legacy numbering
Yeah that's what I was talking about. If it was just the re-numbering thing Higgins wouldn't have been so coy since that info's already out there.

>The DC vs Marvel comic rivalry is ridiculous.
Since when does DC treat Marvel like rivals? They clearly have a social media policy in place that prevents their employees from being abusive and taking pot shots.

It's business competition. People buy only so many comics and both companies try to get as many of those purchases as they can. And let's not pretend that there's been rivalry between the companies. Although it's amazing how petty Marvel seems and it really does feel one sided.

Someone want to provide context? Who are these people and why is it important to the "big news"

Look carefully at the dates. Those are just examples of old fags throwing shit at each other.

Why should I care what 'tricks' Marvel does to boost their sales?

>Batman
>Not a favorite or a big seller
The eighties really WERE a different time.

Even back then..this is some really high caliber delusion.

War never changes.

Tfw your a Marvel fan but want Marvel's sales to fucking go to shit so they actually realise they fucked up and make their comics good again

I wish. It needs a hard, and I mean HARD, universe wide reboot for me to give a shit anymore. But I dont see it happening, modern Marvel has no idea what made them popular to begin with, and they dont know a good thing when they see it. Its all about clickbait tier gimmicks and advertising now, not characters or story

Jim Shooter used to call and harass DC writers and tell them Marvel was buying DC, and if they didn't do what he said they'd get fired. Marvel has always been fucking scum.

You know if this was current year and DC did this everyone would be on Sup Forums talking about how based that kind of behavior would be.

Well yeah because Marlel deserves it.

Fuck Jim Shooter.

As a DC fan that still is dealing with the New52, I can't fucking believe how triggered Marvelfags over ANAD.

>And the February numbers, which gave us a peek at the closer to reality numbers since it featured less tricks and no overshipping
False. Squirrel Girl money sales were less than another book with the same cover price but 4000 fewer units reported as shipped.

So what are the odds that when Marvel to their Rebrith style event they learned all the wrong lessons from Rebirth and its just a few classic characters back a few characters in traditional costumes and no major creative changes.

They won't do a rebirth style anything because the 90s style X-men comic where they got rid of cyclops and put Bishop in says more about the fate of marvel than anything. They only ever do things half way.

And nothing since the disney buy out would be evidence of the opposite.

But we don't know any hard numbers for Feb yet.