Underhill, my name's Underhill

>Underhill, my name's Underhill
>You draw far too much attention to yourself Mister Underhill.
Who was this guy? We see him in the Prancing Pony for 5 minutes and then we never see him again. Jackson is a fucking hack.

that's not clever or funny.

Yes it is.

well i laughed

How did Underhill get the Ring? It clearly wants to go to back to Frodo since it keeps saying "Baggins". Is this better explained in the books?

It was the eagles

desu it was a bit funny

BUT WHO WAS UNDERHILL

How did he look so similar to Frodo? Was it some sort of spell?

I'm gonna look on the Extended Edition extras and see if they mention anything about this character.

I suppose you think that's terribly clever

took a second for it to register what you were talking about. Not funny even in the slightest. We could have had a Orc or tax thread instead of shit lame shit fest.

Underhill was Tom Bombadil in a magical disguise, the guy likes to fuck with people.

>took a second for it to register what you were talking about
I didn't think the Underhill character was memorable either but this is a clear plot thread that goes nowhere. It bears mentioning.

>I carry nothing!
>Indeed.

What did Aragorn mean by that?

That's Strider. We meet Aragorn later.

WRONG

His name was actually Un' Dehr Híll
He was an elf with dwarfism who was simply passing through Bree on the night that Frodo happened to be there
The fact that he looks identical to Frodo is simply a coincidence

A pseudonym for tax evasion purposes

This edgy fag is staring and you and your mates in the corner of the pub, what do?

He knew that Frodo had an offshore account.

Thanks user. I'm watching the movie for the first time so I don't know the greater Middle Earth lore.

Underhill was a known merchant alias you would give to a business owner which denoted you as a friend of the globalists and industry leaders of Middle Earth. We never learn his actual name.

Pro-per-ty tax-es!
File 'em, fax 'em, pay 'em to the Jew

>Frodo lives under a hill
>Mister Underhill
BRAVO JACKSON!

this meme kind of falls apart because Pipin tells the guy at the bar about his cousin Frodo so that's why Frodo spurgs out and drops the ring causing Strider to come over to him. So it was established that he is still Frodo using a fake name before Strider calls him Underhill.

Pippin was drunk at the time though, he didn't know what he was saying.

It's an easy mistake to make, they look the same.

Having a legendary weapon like the Ring would make anyone nervous, including Mr. Underhill

Imagine being Strider in that scene

Underhill is a shoddy translation of the original elvish name Dunnhier.

If Frodo and Mr. Underhill were the same person then why does Mr. Underhill have his own card in the official licensed card game? Sit down brainlet.

/thread

Btfo

>t. Virgin Frodo-is-Underhill Theoryfag

this is a thread for underhill chads only, stop peddling your conspiracy shit here

Not bad

Kek

>I represent Underhill Inc., we're based in the Bahamas. We work with Baggins&Co for.... tax purposes.

wasn't this line a bit too much exposition?

that's most retarded fan theory I've ever heard

> Underhill in german is Unterberg

I believe it.

I think it's just enough. The audience wouldn't know the Bahamas as a tax haven as introduced in The Hobbit.

What were Frodo's deductables?

>We're friends of Gandalfstein the Lawyer. Can you tell him we've arrived?

(((Underhill)))

Its ranger you retard.

I remember when I read the book I finally understood the meaning of that name and now I forgot it.

hobbits didn't pay taxes, the Shire was some sort of primitive anarcho-commune

>Let him go or I'll have you, Longshanks!
>Ranger
no it seems like you're the retard my friend

>Gandalfstein? Oh yes, elderly chap, big hooked nose. Not seen him since the last IRS investigation.

Not the same guy.

>Pee a little bit from fear
>Tell my friends we should leave
>They don't want to leave
>Leave without them because I'm a coward

I'm rereading the book now and it's a bit silly when the Nazgul attack Crickhollow. There's absolutely no way the hobbits could have been there, the Nazgul themselves saw them going out of Buckland and they also saw them in Bree just before the attack. Also the whole "open in the name of Mordor" is ham city

I guess he could deduct Sam‘s gardening fees.

I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led. And through the air, I am he that walks unseen.
I am the clue-finder, the web-cutter, the stinging fly. I was chosen for the lucky number.
I am he that buries his friends alive and drowns them and draws them alive again from the water. I came from the end of a bag, but no bag went over me.
I am the friend of bears and the guest of eagles. I am Ringwinner and Luckwearer; and I am Barrel-rider.

WTF Tolkien? What happened to all these guys? Why do we never see Luckwearer or Webcutter again?

>Gathering lovely filth from under the hills

>What's that?
>This, my friend, is a synthetic collateralized debt obligation.
>It comes in synths? I'm getting one!

>Strider
Wait, who?

what was used as currency in Hobbiton? Did they even have money there

Probably grass or some hippy shit

kek

Hobbitcoins, a highly volatilite decentralized cryptocurrency. The Hobbits got in early and forced the other peoples of middle Earth to trade only in hobbitcoins for their pipeweed, ensuring that value would go to the moon.

Most of middle Earth blames the hobbits for the evils of Sauron because they were betrayed by Mt Doom, a hobbitcoin exchange that stole all their money.

The whole story of LoTR revolves around Frodo returning Sauron's stolen hobbitcoin wallet to the Mt Doom exchange so everyone in middle earth can withdraw their hobbitcoins and move to using separate AR/AP wallets and deep freeze wallets, as they would have done if not for the deceiver.

He reminds me of Monty Python's Constitutional Peasant so much in this picture

kekd

>bad guy is called Sauron
>other bad guy who works for him is called Sauron-Man
Tolkien is a hack.

>bad guy is called Hitler
>bad guy who works for him is called Himmler

It's an allegory for WW2.

>bad guy is called Stalin
>bad guy who works for him is called Stalin-man
Oh wait, that never happened because Stalin was not a bad guy

>bad guy is called Stalin
>city in his empire is called Stalin-grad

the absolute state

Hobbits can look pretty similar to each other, maybe he was a relative of the bagginses

The wraiths were looking for Frodo Baggins. If some drunk fuck starts screaming that you're Frodo Baggins then anyone would freak out regardless if it were true or not.