Thoughts on the Punisher?

Thoughts on the Punisher?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/www.avclub.com/the-punisher-gets-off-to-a-promising-problematic-start-1820518476/amp
youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0
ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2016/crime-in-the-u.s.-2016/tables/table-2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>every TV show has to make some moral point to improve society
fuck off already

- too drawn out
- too many annoying, uninteresting side characters
- not enough action. mostly just side characters talking

I think i'm hesitant to even watch it. DD1 and most of 2 were good, but JJ and LC really tired me out of the Marvel/Netflix formula. At a certain point it's all way too similar, and plodding, as it tells 6 episodes worth of story in 13. Also, I'm hearing there's not much actual Franking.

some journofaggot is literally talking about a comic book adaptation and how it applies to modern politics

thats like writing an article about a coloring book getting the golden ratio and framing wrong on some of the cartoon animals

and the real tragedy is that only the children dragging their crayons back and forth are truly suffering, they just wanted a competently drawn coloring book

>Punisher features a caricatured NRA member talking about the jews.
>Punisher doesn't actually fight street criminals and has his backstory redone to fight evil white people in the government.
>It's still not enough for these people.

>I dream women will one day have the same rights as guns
>Legally able to buy women
>Big and scary!!! women are banned
It would be great

>protagonist somehow means hero now

Yeah tony soprano was a hero too

>A character invented as a villain
He was invented as an adversary for Spider-Man, not a villain. By the end of his first appearance they're best buddies.

>women aren't allowed into schools or government buildings

Just like the good ol days

Did Raimi direct it?

Haha oh wow it didn't pander ENOUGH for them?

Just shows (again and again) the futility in trying to please these radicals. Should have just written a good show you idiots.

I don’t understand what this journalist wanted? The show had prominently featured one of the most cringeworthy gun control discussions in a TV show watched by an audience that just wants to see shoot outs.

Who gives a FUCK? Not every show has to be a liberal shitfest

>critics complaining that the punisher is too violent

MY SIDES

>EVERY show needs to shove some bullshit political message down our throats

how about fuck off

>everything needs to make a political statement

Stop.

>it didn't pander ENOUGH for them?
How does it pander already?

they expected the punisher to go on about how gun ownership is wrong?

This

>[thing] would be good if it parroted my political beliefs

I have no thoughts on the Punisher, but I have plenty of thoughts about any "critic" who demands a work of art and entertainment to become political propaganda instead.

>[thing] would be good if it parroted my leftist political beliefs

Fixed

also specifically propaganda tailored to the point of view of the "critic"

hurr durr why is the punisher not a brave transwomyn of color?

>media has to have a current event social commentary or push an agenda to be considered good

>2 week waiting period and a back ground check to no longer tfwnogf

When will Gotham be updated, Netflix!? There are still only 2 seasons available.

>not enough action. mostly just side characters talking

Don't you think there is a good balance of action and "characters talking?"

Show is great. It takes its time to build up properly. I like the new characters and I'm happy with how they updated Micro. He's essentially the only character gallery comic Punisher has to speak of, really, unless we bring in some of Ennis characters (like Soap, which I can actually see a likeness in on this show). I like that there's a lot of talking segments and that the action scenes are few, brutal and quickly over with.

>gun violence
Liberals, everyone: among the select few groups of people stupid enough to ever refer to "gun violence" in any context whatsoever.

I´ll bet my left nut on the author of this article wanting to restrict access to rifles with detachable magazines, despite fact that "rifle violence" constitutes a miniscule 3% of "gun violence"; meanwhile, gangbangers shooting each other up with cheap handguns seems to be of no consequence to these folk, as long as "angry white men" don´t use them to kill white folk en masse.

As if all that weren´t enough, the author most likely holds a negative view of law enforcement and general government use of arms, but still insists on disarming his fellow man.

tl;dr: rambling on about "gun violence" is a sign of outright stupidity, ignorance or both

>be american
>go outside
>get shot

>be European
>go outside
>get raped by mudslimes

>start watching it right now
>first 30 seconds of the show have a close up of Shane rubbing his head

ey rick

>Europeans actually believe this.

>Americans actually believe this.

It's literally true though.

Both.

>be eurotrash
>go outside
>get moved down by a truck
Enjoy being a disarmed serf, feudalist pleb.

PS. Staying out of Chicago, Detroit, LA, NYC, Baltimore and other crime-ridden, gangbanger-infested democrat shitholes will guarantee not getting shot.

It's almost like there are world forces at work looking to divide cooperation between international blocs and they have hired shills on Sup Forums.

Nah, couldn't be.

Unless you go to church of course.

Or elementary school.

Or grocery shopping.

Or to the cinema.

Or to work.

That's crazy talk, you stupid yank!

yes I wonder who exactly what these forces are and exactly who the people behind it all are

>Thoughts on the Punisher?
Still quite relevant. Fronk was invented as an allegory for the war on drugs, and we're seeing death squads and limpwristed outrage over Duterte at present.

>punisher
>antigun message
Even being ambivalent about it is too much for libfaggots.

Would have been nice if those side characters weren't caricatures speaking in cringey genre cliches.

the message was guns are pretty cool

>author claims protagonists being violent in film and media is not ok unless the enemies are faceless monsters like orcs or ninjas
>complains about male brooding anti-heros
>she claims she can't root for Frank because what he did to the construction workers at the end of season 1 was "too extreme"
>she says that situation could've been resolved peacefully and left for the cops to handle
>They were literally about to bury someone alive in cement after they forced him to participate in their crime
And this, folks, is exactly where that "women will never understand" meme comes from.

Why the fuck is a jew dyke being allowed to review Punisher anyways? Has she read a single Punisher comic? I refuse to believe someone misunderstood the nature of his character this badly.

google.com/amp/s/www.avclub.com/the-punisher-gets-off-to-a-promising-problematic-start-1820518476/amp

Statistically unlikely places to get shot at. Have a shitpost reply, on my expense:
>europoor gets hit by a truck

Meant to post this image

Congrats Caroline Siede, youre a fucking retard

The entertainment industry has deluded itself into thinking it has a responsibility to shoe horn social commentary into their PRODUCTS.

There isn't any actual subtext, it's more key lines of dialogue or carefully designed characters.

I like how Daredevil with the consequences of his thoughtless actions felt more condemning towards vigilantism than the show about a guy who literally shoots people to death based on his own perception of justice

>show about man who shoots people who he believes are evil and therefore makes him justified in his actions
>sandwiched between wave after wave of mass shooters who believe they are killing evil people and therefore justified in their actions
They aren't really shoehorning anything here. The character plays close enough to real world parallels that it's almost impossible not to view it as some sort of commentary on real world events.
The fact that the show tries both to evoke real world fears and controversies (corruption in government, violent crime, weaponry as both protection and a means of harming innocent people) while trying to avoid saying anything controversial is some pretty weak shit on the whole.

>nuance is important, but only when it supports my own views

You are a fucking idiot and wrong in both cases.

Guise, why is The Punisher SHOOTING PEOPLE? I mean, don't you think that's a little extreme?

So you use them and when they jam you throw them away and pick another one that works.

Women understanding anything,ever.

im fast forwarding through the fbi sideplot chick because the entire agency are terrible actors and I'm liking it.

>le enlightened "both sides suck" centrist

>has his backstory redone to fight evil white people in the government.
What do you mean? I watched the Dare Devil man, doesn't not apply?

this makes a lot of shows and even movies tolerable. definitely recommend.

So is Frank not a Vietnam vet anymore?

It's fucking good but heavily flawed it has some great parts and they are done pretty well by the end he is set as the punisher. I always thought origin stories suck but I'm not some random punisher was my favorite besides wolverine when I was kid.

>gun violence

But at least they were pro 2nd amendment that's a lot to ask these days.

Street criminals don’t make for an interesting case, and in today’s climate with all the fucking shootings it wouldn’t look good to have a dude slaughtering people he deemed wrong on the streets. They had to add some intrigue and create more topical villains. This isn’t the 80’s, cities aren’t crime infested wastelands anymore.

It would have been legitimately brave of the show to explore how the vast majority of mass shooters have left wing views and its connection to the left wing's desire to take guns away. An introspective discussion on a segment of society unable to mature emotionally and projects their never ending teen angst onto everyone around them would actually be new.

>two people say stupid things
>call them out on it
>get dumped on for not joining in on the shit flinging frenzy
Nobody wins when you start throwing glue in the special ed classroom, faggot

You must be retarded lol wtf are you talking about...

I can’t think of a way to fit these particular points organically into a Punisher show without ruining it or transforming it into some literal GOP political ad. Showing the hypocrisy of the left I agree with, but anything to be said about guns needs to be implied instead of clearly stated.

I'm just saying if they're going to make cancerous political shill bullshit they could at least try something rarely portrayed such as what I described.

Now this is retardation

BORING AS FUCK. when i saw the trailer i thought its gonna be a badass vengeance action film with depressive moments. what i got? some shitskin bitch and a bunch of other kikes just talking to each other in various offices. what the fuck? only episode 1 was interesting. im atm on episode 7 and i think im done because so far nothing punisher level brutal has occurred. since episode 2 im just clicking through the episodes so i watch them in like 10 mins.

this show needs ultraviolence, less talk and less shitskins who have more screentime than the fucking punisher

I hate the anti white bullshit as much as anyone but you are blinded. Just like white privledge shows they see THEMSELVES as inferior. Have the best villains in history not been white? Same for heroes. Let them prove us right. Don't interrupt your opponent when they are bashing in their own face... if you act like them you will start to become them. We all know (((they))) want a race war but they want it on their terms meaning white gun owners being painted as the bad guy. Act like a proud white man and never let some fucking jew nig or even a jap ever forget who built and runs this world. Not because of privilege because of merit.

It's an origin story. By the end he is settling into the real punisher...
It was flawed but it was probably 2nd amendment and they got the one thing they had to get right casting bernthal as frank I almost forgot he was a jewelry mallet he sold the stunts and the voice and his talent beat out the (((writers)))

Well put

>This isn’t the 80’s, cities aren’t crime infested wastelands anymore.
Are you kidding? Baltimore and Chicago are meat grinders.

I agree the journalist is a whiny bitch but if you’re trying to discredit comics and tv adaptations as serious subjects for art criticism you’re fighting a losing battle. This is what people watch.

Compared to the 80’s? No. They’re shit but in a judge dredd kind of way instead of a fucking 28 days later kind of way. Check the crime rates for major American cities, most are less than a fourth of what they were in the era that eventually peaked at the LA riots and the legendary roof Koreans.

>Punisher doesn't actually fight street criminals and has his backstory redone to fight evil white people in the government.

Its funny because they had to do this because if they had him fighting criminals or drug dealers in the city it would involve *gasp* killing niggers and spics!

And you can't have that when you're producing blue pilled PSYOPs for the normies to consume.

Just that one change to the Punisher gives away their intentions and is just more proof Netflix/Disney will never make good show until they abandon their liberal politcs

>Shalom my fellow executives, the time has come to trot out another comic book adaptation
>So should we adapt the most beloved and critically appraised iteration of the character or should we basically just slap the character's name and logo on something vaguely similar?
>Vaguely similar it is; good meeting

ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS FOLLOW ENNIS' MAX RUN CJ

Disney is willing to make ESPN financially worthless to push leftist politics, a disappointing return on a single cheap netflix series won't deter them.

No one is restricting her right to bear arms. Those things are monsters.

>Baltimore, Maryland, U.S. is infamous for its very high crime rate, including a violent crime rate that ranks high above the national average. Violent crime had spiked in 2015 after the death of Freddie Gray on April 19, 2015, which touched off riots and an increase in murders. The city recorded a total of 344 homicides in 2015, a number second only to the number recorded in 1993 when the population was 100,000 higher.

>It's an origin story. By the end he is settling into the real punisher...
Daredevil season two was an origin story already,
>It was flawed but it was probably 2nd amendment
...what?
>and they got the one thing they had to get right casting bernthal as frank
Yeah and they only had that because he was already in Daredevil.

The show is boring and pointless and the only real redeeming part was a casting choice that was already done for them and whose character was done better in another show.

You can't excise politics from any part of culture just because you feel like it. Comics, TV and Film alike have always had layers of socio-political commentary to them, if you're too dumb to recognise that then just stfu and leave the critical thinking to everyone else

>c-crime is down
>cities are really just a diverse utopia
>T-trump is wrong!

Hmm yes, so you only have a -3% chance to be murdered by a nigger as compared to 10 years ago.

Fantastic, I'm totally moving out of my no murder 90% white country right now!

Killing drug dealers would be pretty pathetic anyways. A bunch of poor inner city nogs who need money getting shot by a pissed off veteran on a rampage would be a disaster on all angles.
I would’ve made it Punisher vs Mexican Border Cartels. Los Zetas and other shits. MS-13 as well. Disney wouldn’t let their property massacre spics but ultimately the Punisher trying to beat the literal chainsaw decapitators at their own game would’ve been kino as fuck.

MOST faggot MOST. Baltimore is a disaster in slow motion.
>Trump
Obsessed. I never mentioned him. And I shouldn’t have to spoon feed you readily available statistics. Gentrification has been fixing cities for more than a decade now.

Sure, but there's a difference between implying some sociopolitical message and shoving one down everyone's throats. Punisher was already in a way a commentary on whether vigilante justice is justified when murder is involved, it just didn't shove the answer in your face and let you pick up on it. X-Men was always a commentary on the treatment of oppressed people, but it never shoved one message down your throat like "mutants are the gays!" or "mutants are the blacks!". These days they have characters like the gun nut whose only point seems to be to strawman the right and push a leftist message, in a show where that has no place being.

youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0

But who is committing most of the gun crimes?

Wow good argument you really convinced me with those hot facts

>Gentrification has been fixing cities for more than a decade now
ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2016/crime-in-the-u.s.-2016/tables/table-2

Fucks sake, you even mention the statistics and you still decide to be a lying libcuck

The Punisher will always be a controversial chracter

That was thr whole point of himbeing an Anti-Hero

Hes not a hero

I agree. Somehow the Punisher ended up being more boring and having less action than the other Marvel netflix shows. really sad because I was hoping this would just be him going around fucking people up. Instead its just a bunch of fags sitting around talking for 90% of every episode.

>comparing the last two years
>not last year to the mid 80’s early 90’s timeframe that gave birth to the Punisher
I’m not even liberal faggot. Crime is going back up but it has a ways to go until it reaches the levels of a few decades ago.

there is nothing inhereantly interesting or uninteresting. Its all about the qulity of writting, if street crime is uninteresting that the writter is the blame, not the crime.
>in today’s climate
not everyone lives in the same climate and in few years this show will have even less to say. worrying about current time is the best way to have 0 staying power, which is a strange choice for netflix since they depend on small groups
and the avangers don't fight space monsters. realism is never the point of revenge fantasy
>more topical villains
There are already shows like homeland and other dramas that have "topical" shit covered. people don't want topical, they want to get away from reality not be remind about trump every 2 seconds. people want punisher and an example of a genre, not generic lib show 12412122412232356345675867

You claim gentrification is fixing cities yet crimes are on the rise

Do you see the problem?

If it was indeed fixing anything, surely crime rates wouldn't go up 2 years in a row

>It's an origin story.
are you retarded? his origin story was in DD, hell even without it taking more than 2 eps for an origin is the retards path. Its like if you were a watching the first spiderman and the first season was just leading up to the shooting of uncle ben

>be european mudslime
>rape a girl
>it becomes consensual after a minute