Movies that make sense now that you're an alt-right neo-nazist

>movies that make sense now that you're an alt-right neo-nazist

Other urls found in this thread:

rottentomatoes.com/m/starship_troopers/reviews/?sort=
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It made sense since I was 8. And the "it's actually a satire" was an interesting new angle to me.

How thick do you have to be to not pick up on the satire? It's not even fucking subtle

>t. drooling retard bad stock white

It's not actually satire, the director made it playful to make it acceptable to audiences and avoid the 'controversy'.
While the movie makes the horrors and propaganda of war apparent, it nonetheless shows a united humanity to fight against a common enemy. Which is a nice thing, in a bitter way...

t. knows nothing about verhoeven

It was a cool flick. And characters looked like good guys. "Do you want to know more" segments were funny. I noticed the nazi uniforms, yes, but just accepted it as part of the setting. I really didn't catch up with the themes until rlm's re:view of it.

>nazi
>movie features a multi-ethnic military

If anything it's Mosleyan Fascism.

>yfw it was satire

lol

This movie has always made sense, it doesn’t matter your ideology, if you’re a communist, capitalist, libertarian, leftist, rightist, ecologist,... violence and overwhelming power will always have the final say in any dispute, violence does solve everything.

You know nothing about Paul Verhoven.

He was known for his entire career to be a vicious satirist -- the kind that actually targets his own audience (or at least the half of them that don't get it) for derision.

Brazilian Integralism.

and he also was very anti-facism having grown up in Nazi occupied Holland

>violence does solve everything.
Yep, that's why the war isn't even close to over at the end of the film and humanity has to resort to fielding child soldiers.

and the war was started purely so the establishment could be maintained
there's a reason they're all from Argentina, since the Argentine government tried to pull the same shit with the Falklands; invade a nearby territory on questionable pretences and drum up patriotism and support for the government

>avoid the 'controversy'.

Clearly you were still a microscopic sperm in the ballsack of your dad when Starship Troopers was first released

Barely any critics realised it was a satire when it came out, they all took it at face value and attacked it

You're fucking stupid

>I really didn't catch up with the themes until rlm's re:view of it.

And this is why I fucking hate gen Z. No critical thinking of their own what so fucking ever. Not even when confronted with a Veroheven classic. Fucking hell

Everything is ultimately backed by threat of violence

its not satirizing Nazism its satirizing total mobilization and fascism

> gen Z
> Barely any critics realised it was a satire when it came out

Les cahiers du Cinéma got it right from the beginning. Obviously if you stick with american press you're fucked from the get go when it comes to ST or Verhoeven for that matter.

I don't think they picked up on the satire since Starship Troopers was already infamous for being pro-fascist and they probably hadn't read the book and didn't pick up on the differences the movie had.

The fucking meteor was a false flag you brainlet

Nazis weren't the original fascists.

Starship Troopers is like American History X
It accidentally validates the ideas it wants to present as bad

But it's true, some of the old reviews are linkable from RT, practically the only reviews realizing it's satire are those from ~2010 onwards, where the 'reviewers' had finally got the fucking memo. Back in 1997 none of the mainstream reviews realized it was satire and reviewed it as straight up scifi action.

rottentomatoes.com/m/starship_troopers/reviews/?sort=

Because it's a satire only if you want to see it as such.

verhoeven says its satire
the writer say its satire

Fascism in Britain in the 1930s tried to prevent war with Germany. Yep, fascism was trying to avoid WWII.
And look at the society in Starship Troopers. Earth is a paradise, humanity is capable of incredible space-travel.

Everybody knows that Starship Troopers is satire. Every Sup Forumsack also knows that They Live was made by a leftist. Doesn't mean they can't enjoy these works for what they are, since, although stemming from the "opposition", they still make sense depending on how your interpret them

mainstream reviewers pre internet were probably smart enough to dance around the fact it's satire without saying it directly like retarded sjws.

>inb4 hurrr le rape
The ending is beautiful
It's really a tragic story for the MC

> They Live was made by a leftist
You're going to tell me (((They))) Live isn't about rampant consumerism and media controlling the masses? Sure, it's just a satire of conspiracy nuts.

>RIGHT TURN ONLY

Verhoeven who actually made the movie says it's satire, and of course it's not as if it's his first rodeo doing this, I mean Robocop...? And seriously, how can you actually miss it ? If nothing else, the scene with kids crushing bugs on the street could not be more evidence.

That said, he thankfully does not paint it all black and white, which is what makes Starship Troopers so enjoyable, the main characters are happily killing and hating the enemy without a second of reflection, but they are still likeable and the heroes of this story while sporting heavily nazi inspired uniforms (oh Verhoeven, how I miss you in Hollywood)

>rampant consumerism and media controlling the masses?
It is about that. You missed the point of my post