We have 10+ more years of capeshit and Star Wars ahead of us

>We have 10+ more years of capeshit and Star Wars ahead of us

Darkest timeline

5 years max. The public will lose interest after avengers 3

Star Wars is too cliche to last.

What makes you think this?

No, because the next generation of children will inherit their parents' retarded capeshit fetish.

It'll go on and on and on. We NEED a capeshit or film board

Because capeshit has already hit it's peak and it's all downhill from here. At some point even the general public will get fed up with it and it will then fade out very quick, just like it did with westerns or massproduced zombie flicks from the 80s.

And? Are you too much of a low IQ videogame player to explore cinema beyond whats being marketed every at the time? I mean I hope you're just using that image as a reaction and not something to show us how you totally have taste(you don't)

Don't remind me.

It'll be fine as long as they keep reminding us of AT-ATs and X WING FIGHTERS
LIGHTSABERS! YOU REMEMBER LIGHTSABERS, RIGHT?!

Why? Sup Forums told me things would crash hard after the Avengers. Busines is still booming. It will be decades before the public either wakes up and loses interest. By then something else will replace capeshit for a while and then they'll put capeshit back in the rotation again.

In about a month or so when the nuStarWars drops this board will be again unusable for a month straight.
Dark times are ahead.

In the video games they explore Sith culture, neutral Jedis, the history, other races and so on.

In the movies its just 10 movies about sky walkers reinventing themselves and 3 death stars.

And wonky aliens making awkward noises.

>Cowboy movies
>Mafia movies
>Capeshit

What's next?

Hopefully something good like cowboy and mafia movies

>cowboy/westerns
>mafia
>capeshit
>star wars
>historical fiction

If it makes you feel better:

>Justice League set to make less than BR2049 in it's opening weekend

Careful posting pink wojaks, friend, they're dangerous and could trip the smoke alarms

>Tfw you lived long enough to see redditors spawn millennials, now you will watch the horrid spawn burst forth of millennials

Big monster movies maybe?
It's sort of in line with capeshit and an easy transition for the public

Capeshit already hit its peak with Iron Man, yet here we are almost 10 years later.

Star wars and capeshit need their own board.

What a time to be alive. So glad I didn't fall for the "capeshit is dumb" meme.

once a mainline star wars movie bombs the bubble will pop

Thats exactly what i just said, what the fuck are you correcting?

You talking about the peak of actual quality, I am talking about the peak of moviegoers/box office.

It's called Sup Forums but none of them have taken the hint

ITT: Millennials thinking they are superior because they don't like these popular mainstream movies.

This could work. Either that or force them over to Sup Forums. It's a better idea than /film/ which runs the risk of creating two even worse boards that could also die and be re-merged months later.

>Because capeshit has already hit it's peak
Source? Proof? Citations?

Oh, you just pulled that out your ass. Ok then.

>reddit

>reddit
Source? Proof? Citations?

Oh, you just pulled THAT out your ass too. Ok then. Quite a big ass you have.

Come on, man

star wars will be here till 2040. Screenshot this

only slightly worse than 10 years of Villenueve and Nolan flicks.

You seem to have no self-awareness, my reddito amigo

I dont understand how people arent sick of it already with the over saturation of it. I mean theres starwars themed fucking car commercials.

There you go again with the reddit accusation, yet I still see no evidence.

Are you always this butthurt?

lol dude, lol

Guardians was at least mildly funny/entertaining and has some tumblr/twitter meme appeal, I really don't know what people are seeing in all the other ones.

The capeshit box office numbers have already hit it's peak and they already wasted all their main comic characters so now it comes to side side characters no one knows about and Avengers 7/Justice League 4 etc.
They will still go on for a good few years, but the capeshit bubble will suddenly burst eventually

Great comeback. 10/10 would read again.

>non-retard finally posts a real answer
Nice

Proof? Source? Citations?

Oh look, WW made 821 million dollars so far and JL is already at 100m in it's first few days. Methinks you're just making stuff up user.

Capeshit is here to stay.

You guys realise it is millennials that caused capeshit?

Gen Z will inherit this along with nigger culture from music and Black Twitter, FB, depressive tumblr culture and these movies

Thats what they said about the literal who crew Guardians off the Galaxy

The 2012 Avengers made $1,518.8 million dollars. Captain America: Civil War made $1,153.3 million dollars. The Dark Knight Rises made $1,084.9 million dollars.
And now Spider-Man: Homecoming made $880.1 million dollars and as you've said WW made $821.8 million dollars. Yes that's still a lot of money, but they are clearly falling and these are only the good examples of the financially successful films.
JL is heavily underperforming btw, for a +300 million dollar film you expect a lot more.

that shit was marketed towards parents and little kids, cape shit is masterfully marketed towards everyone (but chiefly enjoyed by children and manchildren)

DOesnt matter, SW is a wank universe anyway whether in film or vidya form

It's only been 2 days. You shouldn't jump to conclusions, especially with no evidence to support it.

Star Wars will be huge too. We're stuck with this shit forever, user. That's why we need a film board.

Can't you just not watch/talk about it? I haven't seen a super hero movie since Spider-Man 3 and I don't lose sleep over it. I seen the latest Star Wars (Force Awakens) and didn't have to go see or read about the Star Wars spin off with Donnie Yen.

It's easy

as long as most of them will be female empowerment and white shaming i'm fine

>You shouldn't jump to conclusions
This isn't my conclusions the studio expected way more because both BvS and WW opened way better, while this cost them 300 million dollars. And taking in the fact that the first week is the most important because of the high drop off, it doesn't look so good.

>GEEZ WHY CAN'T THE US ARMY HAVE A NEW JET EVERY YEAR
Are you actually inbred?

No one is expecting the US army to make a new jet every year, but if they made films strictly about the US army you can make the film about a vast array of different subjects in the army world and you wouldn't have to shove an Abrams tank/Raptor jet in every single one of them just so the audience get's excited.

They'll just keep doing spin-off movies. That Solo one is coming, you know they're gonna make an Obi-wan movie. Darth Vader movie incoming before James Earl Jones dies.