Wind River

Time to discuss the best thriller of 2017!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NIg0OXKcynQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=NIg0OXKcynQ

eh best one of the year? I hope not

But that's not The Killing of A Sacred Deer?

okay

It's a poor ripoff of Mystery Road to be quite honest.

It's another boring white guilt movie about how wypipo are always the bad guy.

The shootout was surprisingly poorly executed from a technical standpoint. At the distance he was firing from, we should have seen the round exit the target before we hear the gun go off. Apart from that, it was pretty solid.

No it isn't you fucking moron.

i'm not a /k/ fag. can a high powered rifle really knock someone to the ground like it was a wrestling move? wtf was with that guy's reaction? He acted like he just got hit by a chair on Smackdown.

What kind of rifle was he using? I know a decent amount about "military type" weapons, but I don't know anything about hunting rifles. The barrel seemed really short for what he was using it for.

loved this film. the soundtrack, pattinson's acting, supporting cast were all fucking great. especially benny safdie and the dude connie accidentally rescues, their aesthetic reminded me of gangsters from the 50's

Can you make it any more obvious you haven't seen it?

Love the cold snowy setting.

Comfy as fuck.

Was it sexual harassment?

>movie poster spoils the plot

Why would you fucking do this?

It's shit.

I liked Wind River, and it had one of the most effective flashback scenes I've seen in a movie in years.

However, the ending felt a bit rushed, almost like the revelation about "whodunnit?" wasn't really earned.

Lizzie Olsen is a QT.

No. Maybe if you weren't balanced very well you might fall down, but the actual kinetic energy isn't that much. A bullet can't carry any more energy than the recoil you feel when you fire the gun. That's just inertia. Most people fail because they have a bullet in them, not because the force of the round was actually enough to sweep them off their feet.

He was using what looked a Remington 700 for his bolt action. The lever action was a Marlin Model 1895 SBL. The Marlin has an 18.5" barrel.

It was bland and cliché as fuck

This, it was sort of underwhelming in that regard

What did he say?

I liked it, but I wouldn't call it great. I think people are overlooking a few glaring flaws in the writing because they want Taylor Sheridan to continue his Cinderella story as a screenwriter.

>cartoonishly evil antagonists rape a woman and savagely beat a colleague for no reason
>jeremy renner is basically a caricature of clint eastwood
>same antagonists decide to kill a federal agent and half the town's police force and just sort of hope no one notices

Enjoyable and comfy, but not as good as Sicario or HoHW. I hope Soldado turns out as good as Sicario.

Sicario was rambo for fags that whack it to cia agents

What would make you think that?

>for no reason
IDK it seemed pretty clear to me. Jungian motivation and all that stuff that I'm actually too dumb to refer to

>"Bro, let's throw away our jobs and risk going to prison because Wyoming is fucking boring."
>"Yeah, bro. Wyoming is fucking boring!"

I dunno it just seems like a stretch that even drunk horny douchebag characters would rape and murder two people out of boredom.

>I dunno it just seems like a stretch that even drunk horny douchebag characters would rape and murder two people out of boredom.
You've never really interacted with someone who's drunk and doesn't have low testosterone, have you?

alcohol really does lower your inhibitions, this is not a m'may

Maybe drunken raping and murdering is common where you're from, but these characters are white. It's unrealistic for them to act like such depraved niggers.

It's just Mystery Road, in the snow

Even copied the sniper overwatching the final shootout.

Great movie.

I wanted Olsen to get pounded by Renner

>find dead grill
>ask brother about dead grill
>"yeah she dated one of them outsider guys over at the drilling site"
>"ok let's go there"
>"hmm turned out all of them raped her"
>lets have a shootout where everyone dies
>case closed

really intriguing murder mystery

literally the most reddit plot point along with renner sacrificing himself to save her at the end

>Maybe drunken raping and murdering is common where you're from, but these characters are white. It's unrealistic for them to act like such depraved niggers.
Oh, so your argument stems from some soyboy style postmodern identity politics. Got it.

they didn't murder him intentionally, they got into a fight and it escalated. As for rape, there aren't many women around there so they'll take any pussy they see.

who knew Patterson could act huh?

plus the native girl was hot as fuck

Nice bait

lol read a history book sometime

>accidentally beat friend to death
>oh shit oh shit oh shit what do we do????
>I know, let's rape his girlfriend and then pretend like nothing happened and if any cops or fbi agents come looking for any of them then we just kill them too

literally cartoon villains

They're in the middle of nowhere, they weren't expecting a local wildlife officer to find a body buried in snow. FBI had never been down there before.

she got all those good men killed

>mfw the fat cop was only unconscious but died of the cold because Hawkeye was too busy tending to the fbi chicks life threatening broken ribs

That was the only part I found funny, they don't care about all the local cops dying as long as the cute FBI girl survives.

But that's not really criticism of the movie, main characters are always more important then random side characters.

Fat cop was more interesting than the clueless fbi chick though. And he was the only on recognizing the obvious as fuck trap. He couldv'e survived instead of her and literally nothing else in the script would have to be changed.