Just watched this and feel a bit existentially frightened desu

Just watched this and feel a bit existentially frightened desu

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0192718/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Oh come on Sup Forums, can't find time to discuss this kino? Too much capeshit threads need your attention?

what movie is it

imdb.com/title/tt0192718/

thanks ill get back to you in a hour and a half

so... did he dort?

Yeah, every single line of narration here is a true redpill for every isolated loner. Made me aware of things and situations I constantly make myself in which I wasn't aware before

all i could think throughout this movie was how much i would have loved it if i was still a depressed 19 year old

Yes, and it really is a hard pill to swallow.

>The snare: the dangerous illusion of being impenetrable, of offering no purchase to the outside world, silently sliding, inaccessible, just two open eyes looking forward, perceiving everything, retaining nothing.

>t. 21 yo
But yeah, I think it feels a lot more personal like that. To me at least it did
I am not depressed, just a loner

This has been on my list awhile but I totally forgot about it. Now I'm in the perfect mood for it, my man.

filmschool tier garbage. I never got the praise

maybe if he was wearing a cape

funny thing is even capeshit is more subtle than this piece of garbage

now read the novel, the film is basically just a shortened version of it

>if the characters talk about their emotions it's bad

what the fuck does this even mean you fucking drooling mongoloid

This film is a perfect example of "Films women will never be able to understand". Proof:

Why should it be subtle exactly?
The film is about alienation and rejectness of society and what that does to a man, do you think shoved direct symbolism would make it better or what? It's a pretty straightforward film with a clear narrative and it would make no sense to make it "subtle"

can confirm this, I got past my existentialist bahh me phase when I was 16

t. soyboy

arthouse rick & morty

Literally zero corellation whatsoever, next time try actually watching the film.

seriously thinks for posting this

>why be subtle about abstract feelings
I can smell your bad genes. Too bad I don’t have my griffith folder here because I’m on my phone

>phoneposting
Very soy.

hi Armond.

you are a pseud if you pretend to enjoy this garbage

>"abstract feelings"
What is abstract about isolation and being alone exactly?

Griffith was also quite clear in his narrative in most of his films, why bring up his work?

>pseud
>lowercaseposting
Hello soyboy

This film isn't meant to be "enjoyed", this isn't your usual escapism "entertainment", it's almost like a PSA for the inevitable existential dread of everyone who rejects society altogether.

>it's almost like a PSA for the inevitable existential dread of everyone who rejects society altogether.
that sounds like some crybaby soyboy shit

So you're making assumptions about a film you didn't even watch, simply ebin my dear crossposting tourist casual friend

I saw it a few months back, i think it conveys a state of mind so powerfully and i loved it if you can say that, it's not one for the feefee plebs who need the reward centers tickled in their pea brains before they appreciate anything like the infants they are. It's on youtube for anyone trying to see it.

Are you that faggot ameriburger who can't into European cinema? Did you want two hours of a guy looking wistfully at streetlights? Fuck off you pseud

Dude seriously get the fuck out of this board. You fucking niggers keep shitting it up in here and no one discusses film because of you fucking NIGGERS. FUCK OFF, YOU APE.

What's some more absolute /lonercore/ kino like this that isn't bugmen-tier?

I got

The Fire Within
Oslo August 31
Suntan
Taste of Cherry
Maborisi

>only pseuds watch this I am so above you garbage eaters
t.pseud

>movie about a woman
>not bugman-tier
Choose one (1)

The Pawnbroker

>I can't articulate anything wrong about the movie because I'm a mongoloid soyboy bugman confused and disturbed by films with subtle characterization and an intricate dialogue

Kill yourself you hamster wheel running rat race Walmart beep boop fucking faggot. I think someone just posted a capeshit thread better hop to it faggot

Bretty good

Leaving Las Vegas
Knight of Cups
Il Desserto Rosso
Poetry
Wild Strawberries
Le Reyvon Vert
The Great Silence

what kind of personality do you need to enjoy any of these movies?

>A 25-year-old male student in Paris begins to feel a strong sense of alienation and hopelessness.
sounds like tripe, but it's '74 so it probably won't be like Nocturama

You don't have to enjoy art to appreciate it.

>movies
>art
wut? since when are movies art

>"Only the night and your room protect you."
>mfw hearing this

The gap in quality between Taxi Driver, Buffalo 66 and the rest of these films is hilarious

Goddamnit you faggots post art

The Mother and the Whore
Alice in the City
Winter Light

>it's a soyboy's taste in art post
christ

>>why be subtle about abstract feelings
Answer that question for us please

>sinc wen ar moobies ard??
Shitpost elsewhere, kid.
>Taxi Driver, Buffalo 66
Are you saying those are the only two worthwhile films on that chart? Then you're wrong.

>soyboys sitting through two hours of heavy French dialogue

Bugman detected faggot

>you are a pseud if you pretend to enjoy this garbage
>hasn't even seen it
>didn't even know what it's about until some user told him
Were you dropped on your head as a child?

Are you retarded?

Are you guys memeing with these buzzwords or are these posts genuine?

see

Just kino in general

L' eclisse
Loves of a blonde
Al primo soffio di vento
Hara-kiri
Eternity and a day
Djavulens Olga
Pierrot le fou
Gertrude

the soyboy defense mechanism

Defense against what?

>ctrl+f "soyboy"
>7 results
He have a special kind of autist ITT

>he thinks it's one person

>literally impossible to get any actual discussion about film going without capeshitters feeling oppressed

I hate this bugman board so fucking much

no but looks like you are if you genuinely think that movies are art

>pray tell, good sir, are you familiar with a little game called bioshock?

just stop you cringelord

so now you are saying bioshock is art? you are a lost case

unironically la dolce vita

really think we should make a /kino/ general

Capeshitters will nonstop shitpost in it

Already tried, sinks like a stone tied

I can't fucking stand Sup Forums everytime dc or marvel releases something. at least game of thrones had their containment board. Anyway i'm not autistic enough to keep a general running everyday, maybe i'll try tonight

it's a boring piece of shit

I'm saying anyone who thinks cinema can't be art is a broke brain bugman who hasn't graduated past star wars and jrpgs.

???

star wars is complete shit and some jrpgs are much better than any western rpg because the japs care more about gameplay than diversity quotas and virtue signalling

these are all great not like that garbage in the op. I’d recommend Le diable probablement and Raise the red lantern

You're a straight up fucking clown if you think films can't be art

Secret Sunshine
Sans ti ni loui
Cleo 5 de 7
A nos amours
Christianne F

I stick to the original meaning oof art: something human crafted that is appreciated for its beauty

your meaning of art is probably some pretentious 3deep6u shit and if anything you need to grow out of your phase

If you can't find beauty in these films seek help my man

I enjoyed The Wall (Die Wand in German)

Pretty comfy film

show it to me. I see other qualities but I do not see any particularly exceptional beauty.

goodtaste

tell me where you find beauty

I wish there were more films like Mishima, where loneliness is a huge part of the film but without explicitly being about it, just an aspect of a very multi-layered film. Can't really say I'm a fan of the disconnected and detached way of making films i.e. a man roaming the streets for 2 hours long without ultimately expressing much for the viewer, it works with films like goodbye dragon inn where it has a larger meaning.

beautiful drawings of beautiful girls

I went in expecting some depression-kino
All I got was some random Black&White shots with some pretentious grade school tier philosophical narration spoken over it

Seems to be the norm with films like this, i'd wager a film like Hunters Since The Beginning of Time does a better job of capturing loneliness despite not really being about it.

i have no friends and women don't want to have sex with me. 'm such a cool mysterious loner like the guy from this black and white french film.

But the protagonist of The Man Who Sleeps is not "cool" or mysterious at all, he's an actual pathetic loser who eats shit, does nothing everyday and just looks at the fucking cracks on the ceiling. That's kind of the point

>random Black&White shots
What was random about it?

scenes just go from one place to another with no connection between them, it's just like they felt they'd take a tour of Paris and film it, then stick it how they wanted in a movie

But all scenes very closely follow the narration?

implying they didn't make that shit up as they went along to fit with the scene that they filmed

Yeah user, that's how a film is made, they just film whatever and then tell the narrator to ramble whatever and they call it a day, sure thing buddy

soyposter detected

there's nothing more soyish than an anime fag, idiot

You just agreed with me fuckwad

you fuck off idiot

I was here first gaylord

lol this is the intelligence of 2d haters