Weekend Sup Forums creation thread

Or /coc/ thread if that's what you look for in the catalog.

Wiki:
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sup Forumsnservatory_Wiki

Last weekend's thread:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/90214765/
That's less complete than for some reason.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/d0hkrjE2
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Magic#Exemplars
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Last time:

-New pics
-GG time travel plot idea
-Kid Comet, all robot setting, other new ideas with little behind them
-The age old question of "Where did Sup Forumslette get her gauntlets?" resurfaced
-Talked about Erin
-Other stuff I didn't mention

Not really a lot happened last thread.

Gonna be one of those weekend's it seems...

We need some sort of attention-grabber.

But what could we use?

Golden Girl, Briana, and Ma'm engaging in three-way symmetrical docking while having a completely serious brainstorming session about how to get the threads to grab more attention?

I kind of want to talk about the Deelette monster kid school setting here, but I don't think anyone else does.

Someone edit that so it says /aco/ instead of Sup Forums.

This just sounds sad...

I am disappointed by how little hate sex there is between /d/ and /aco/.

There could be more, but backseat moderators are trolling the /aco/ drawthread making it impossible to ask for anything they don't like.

Would it be hate sex though? /aco/is practically part /d/ anyway... or is that why? Wait, what character do we have representing /aco/ anyway?

I never go into the /aco/ drawthreads, so I wouldn't know. Sometimes drawfags come into the /d/ drawthreads mentioning how the /aco/ threads are unappealing.

Tensions are still high between the boards. They're not catfight high like they were, but there's still bitterness.

I think /aco/ has the cowgirl with the open vest, J/aco/lyn, but even saying that might attract people who just want to argue for 300 posts.

Though I still want to talk about this
pastebin.com/d0hkrjE2
here since it pretty much only gets talked about on /d/ and it is a joint board OC.

>Sometimes drawfags come into the /d/ drawthreads mentioning how the /aco/ threads are unappealing.

They are 100% correct. You have backseat moderators flooding the thread the second you ask for something that they think should belong to another drawthread, and you have a janitor who keeps deleting requests of characters he doesn't like.

Maybe Sup Forumsnrad gets in-universe royalty checks.

How popular are the heroes in universe? Who are the "must meets" and who are the 'literally who?"s?

It really is dead this time around.

What, was I the only one who didn't get a Switch on release day? Is that what's going on?

There hasn't been much reason to come around for those of us who don't like GG.

We have a lot of opportunity this early in the thread to make the thread be about something other than GG.

Tell me what characters/settings/ideas/plots you're invested in. What keeps you coming back to these threads?

I just remembered Springtime is apparently a fan of The Highway Man.

Makes me think of her robot son, Alpha, capturing him as a gift to give to her.

Then that spins the gears into getting Kid Cookie also involved with said capturing since a bunch of kids trying to catch a showman criminal who is a friend to all children is funny to me.

I didn't read last weeks thread. Who is Kid Comet?

Like a Flash Gorden type character who goes around getting into space fantasy adventures.

From what I gather anyway. Not a lot to that concept right now.

Not to be confused with adult Kid Cookie.

So if I wanted a Sup Forumsnrad comic, what should I do?

Sounds like a fun character.

Now who's kid cookie?

Kid Cookie is son of Sup Forumsnrad and Be/ck/y.

He's a kid, he does kid things.

"20 years from right now" he's a space ship captain with a small crew going around the galaxy picking up alien food recipes and cooking alien ingredients.

If you wanted to make one, or if you just want one?

Just want one.

A new one?

Because I know of at least 3 old ones.

I wanted a new one.

Has any sort of backstory been fleshed out for Kid Comet?

Well, that's considerably harder to get. You'd need to ask a lot of drawfags and hope one takes up an interest.
Or see if Magi will continue that lose comic he does sometimes about the Evilverse. Sup Forumsnrad plays a pretty big role in that.

Nope, the idea is only 3 or 4 threads old I think.

He could also commission one from a chosen artist.

I like the general idea of Kid Comet. I haven't seen much of the space side of the Sup Forumsverse and he could be a fun exploration and adventure piece. What does he look like?

I just envision him as Spaceman Spiff. Or maybe Commander Keen.

Keen?

Not that user, but I like Stretcherous. Not only her design, but her storyline and goals can easily lead to many team ups throughout the Sup Forumsverse.

It feels like all of her adventures are chapters in the stories of other characters, but they all come together to form her own story.

I could see him being the son of married space explorers. While they are doing research or talking part in diplomatic discussions Kid Comet is having his own adventures.

I was wanting to try and get some more plots going for Rage racer awhile back but it didn't seem to go anywhere. however I do have a few ideas if anyone gives a shit.

Lay them on me.

He could use some new material.

Briana is above that sort of thing.

a lot of these are just cover ideas as far as development is concerned

>Rage Racer tries to go through DMV. while enraging it does give him the speed needed to stop a few muggings around the city. (possisbly one of those "2 stories in one book" deals") Cover depicts RR being in multiple spots at once, kicking trashcans, sitting at a seat screaming, having a shout match with a crying baby, shouting at the attendant, all the while everyone is scared nervously looking on (except the attendant, who is bored and unfazed.)

>A district is closed off from superheroics. Some dipshit in the district said that "the place is so safe, we don't need heroes.". Unsurprisingly the district becomes Gotham levels of crime near overnight. However since it takes so long to reverse laws RR is stuck having to try and solve things outside of the district (until the end where he decides "fuck it" and goes in anyway) Cover depicts RR being stopped by a police officer from entering the district while RR is angrily pointing at a mugging happening literally behind the officer.

>A story that takes place from The Justice Sup Forumsalition HQ where it shows a group who are tasked with finding ways to piss off RR when there is crime happening in the city. Cover a computer and a big red button being pushed by an unknown hand. The screen shows RR's eye twitch as his TV turns to static.

>Valentines day is among us and that means one thing. PANIC! Bleak Hole has nobody for valentines day and has become even more sad than usual! What was once a city block menace is now a citywide danger! RR is the only one that can help. He must give bleak hole a date not worth forgetting. but can RR handle BH's overbearing anxiety? Cover depicts RR throwing chocolates and flowers at rapidfire speeds as BH sits in a fetal position, sucking up said chocolates and flowers.

There is more but the post is getting pretty big.
Do note I am taking a lot of liberties as I only know the RR wikipage as far as /coc/.

Also like the idea that she runs into Sup Forumslette often, since they are similar yet opposites (both inspired by their older sisters who disappeared, but both went opposite ways)

Those are pretty funny.

Though RR is a FJC (Friend of the Justice Sup Forumsmrades), not a Justice Coalition member.

And his wiki pages is pretty much all there is to know about him, the only thing that didn't make it on there from his creation thread is him having an ex-wife he has to pay alimony to.

Glad you like my ideas so far. Any particular ones you want to see?

also does anyone have a link to Bleak Holes creation page? I don't recall a wiki page being put up. If it wasn't established yet I'm assuming for right now BH is a girl. Though if he is a guy I'm sure i can just reason that in his desperation he isn't a picky dater.

Also a couple more ideas

>RR wins a free vacation from his local lottery...and it sucks! One mans ruined weekend is a small towns liberation as RR's attempts to save his vacay leads him to defeating a drug lord, ridding the town of his influence.

>Crossover! RR is being labelled as a menace as his escapades are causing roads to be torn up, glass to be broken, and worst of all noise complaints. While the easy solution came up was for RR to fix his damage it seems clear that more and more things he is tasked to fix are not his doing. Calling Sup Forumsnrad for help, RR investigates the case of: WHO THE FUCK IS BREAKING EVERYTHING?!

There's not much to Bleak Hole, the thread he was made in wasn't a thread dedicated to him.
Pretty much everything about Bleak Hole before this thread is:
>An Exemplar who creates a black hole-like thing in his chest when he gets too depressed/sad
>he feels bad enough a hole forms in his heart. A bleak hole.
>Rage Racer must find a way to fill it or close it before the city block is sucked in. He's like a reverse bomb waiting to happen.
>Kittens don't work, RR tried that already to the media's horror.

Back during the times of Rage Racer, entire threads were made around dumb things and then dedicated to making up stuff around them. I mean, Rage Racer came from a shoe commercial.

I like the idea about the DMV, but the one about the closed off district seems impossible.

There are at least two costume Rage Racer wears.

Where did he get them? Are they designed to chafe? Is there a tag in a hard to reach place that itches?

Will the thread not die in the night? Because I'm not staying up any later than this.

One or both of his costumes might just be products of his Exemplar powers.

Maybe the second one is after he learns the origins of his powers, since it has Exemplar symbols on it.

bump

I try to come up with a question or two to fire off at the general assembly every time I drop into a thread. I'm not good with coming up with them but still, I think question prompts are a good way to get juices flowing and conversations happening.

One classic experiment: Pick a character from the /coc/ lineup. What would the origin story of their evil (or good) double look like, and what happens when the two encounter each other for the first time?

Another general question, but what does the cosmic level look like in the Sup Forumsverse? Do we have any alien invaders, or space warlords?

What are Exemplars

the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Magic#Exemplars

Human's who don't have a natural outlet for the small amount of magic their bodies naturally produce, so it just builds up inside of them until it finds a way out or causes them to die in a magical explosion.

Both of the ideas are good
>RR investigates the case of: WHO THE FUCK IS BREAKING EVERYTHING?!
and that's a perfect title for story starring him..

>One classic experiment: Pick a character from the /coc/ lineup. What would the origin story of their evil (or good) double look like, and what happens when the two encounter each other for the first time?
If you mean like mirrorverse counterparts, I've had an idea for one for Golden Girl for a while. She embraces her chest and flaunts it, aware of the power it (potentially) holds over men. So, she tries to be more of a seductive femme-fatale villainess type, but is eternally foiled by the fact that the Code applies to her universe as well, rendering her breasts invisible to others and thus powerless.

I see her as having a costume similar to Golden Age Catwoman, something slinky and feminine to contrast Good GG's tomboyish outfit.

Sounds fun. For Stretcherous' case, would that make her a bad kid trying to be good since she's a good kid trying to be evil here?

Would that mean she was created from a different experiment?

Yeah I can agree on the district story. Really only made a sketch cover and tried making a story around rather than the other way around.

Alright cool. So that's two stories to work on. The origin comic (of course) and the DMV multi story adventure. now to just crawl back to my writing hole to get started.

also do you know the shoe commercial that inspired RR? Maybe i can get some inspiration.

Glad you enjoy them. If i had to pick a third story it would probably the Sup Forumsnrad crossover but for now I'm trying to keep the workload light to see if interest keeps up. Plus I still need to work on my art skills too.

An jerk/evil character trying to be good is always fun. Maybe it's some sort of reform program, or maybe it was just an epiphany. Would negaverse Stretcherous have a reverse costume colour scheme, too?

If the comics code still applies, she wouldn't even be able to seduce anyone, since it's not allowed to be shown or suggested in classic CCA. At best she'd be able to pretend to seduce people when no one could see it.

It was a nike shoe commercial from 2008 or earlier, it was animated.
It depicted this really angry guy running. There might have been two angry guys.

I don't have a link, and I'm not sure what to even look for to find it.

The archive of Rage Racer's creation thread is long gone, not even wayback has a copy of it.

I envisioned her as a delinquent despite descending from a line of heroes. Once her powers activate, she now has the responsibility of that mantle and tries to do good.

And yeah, a reverse color scheme could work.

going on with the Cookie/Deelette Lovecraft story.

A heros way

Cookie is the child of a detective who is in love with comics and a cook, which is why he did read a lot of comics, he doesn't quite have the taste of his father when it comes to comics though, he likes it when the heroes punches his way out and saves the day, there are some other comics he just doesn't get and therefore he stopped trying to read them. One day he decides to be a hero himself but what kind of hero should he be? he asks his father and he says, "that is something you have to find out for yourself", his father says a few more things which sound important but Cookie doesn't quite understand. Later Cookie asks his mother, she first giggles and then she puts a chef hat on him, "now you are Cookie, defender of the hungry", Cookie isn't quite happy but he thinks this is okay for the moment and it kinda fits his "origins". He just needs a mask and a cape and he is ready to be a hero.

first encounter

his first challange is not far away, a strange looking girl in the middle of a forest, at closer look he realizes something, she has tentacles instead of hair, such a strange thing he only has seen in comics, for a moment he feels dizzy while looking at her but a thought crosses his mind, "she is a monster and needs to be defeated", he takes his fighting stance and she as well ..kinda, he tries to hit her but she avoids him easily while laughing, he gets angry and yells at her "why are you laughing?" she replies "this is fun", the innocent smile on her face puts Cookie at ease, he stops attacking her and they start to talk.

a lost child

She doesn't know anything, about herself or where she came from, she only knows her name but everytime she tries to speak it out Cookie is not able to hear it or rather he can't decipher it, it doesn't sound like any sound a human being could produce, after many tries he thinks he heard something like "Deelette" or something like that.

Teensy tiny thread this week.

That would be a pretty cute origin story for him.

Just a dumb concept I've been working on. Basically "dueling space warlords" who are brother and sister and also rivals.

>If the comics code still applies, she wouldn't even be able to seduce anyone, since it's not allowed to be shown or suggested in classic CCA.
Hrm, true. We could skirt around that with the fact that she already breaks the Code with her chest, though. We could work with that, actually: not only can't other people perceive her chest, they can't even tell when she's posing seductively.

Also, I can't shake the image of Rocker Billy's mirror counterpart being a clean-cut doo-wop singer.

I like it.
Are they the focus of the narrative they appear in, or are they the background antagonists to someone else who plays them against each other?

I also bounced around a few times on whether or not their dad-verlord was dead, but I decided it was more fun to keep him around as a retiring figure cloaked in shadow who can occasionally get them both to cut their shit.

I feel like they could be either at this point. It's a pretty fresh concept! They might have their own stories, but it would make sense if there was a daring space hero to get blocked by and mess with them like you said.

Now I'm trying to decide what would make a good hero character for their stories to deal with getting thwarted by when not getting thwarted by each other.

It'd make sense for them to be a sort of classic, space-ace hero, considering the campiness of the two villains.

Could very well just be run ins with Captain Cookie.

Reminds me of this prompt

>The Issue Where Cookie Stirs Pudding At 4 AM
>Royal guest has a fickle appetite, and must constantly be fed, or so she says. Cookie complies because plot reasons.

Which part?

What do you mean "which part"?

Having one of the sibling warlords have a run in with Cookie could turn into a situation where he cooks them a meal and then keeps trying to cook for them while they pretend to not like it to get him to keep cooking for them.

What kind of arsenal is Kid Cookie packing?

Jeepers, does Kid Cookie grow up to be Bakequaman?

I dunno.

I'm not sure I'd have the heart to break it to him

I think Cookie is actually his middle name with the first name being Richard, which has Dick for short, which is another word for Sup Forumsck/, the name of his parents' ship name.

Well, let's see how long this thread goes for this week.

Seems like it's struggling a bit. We need a good topic of discussion, I think.

Perhaps we need some sort of Wheel-O'-Topics for occasions like this.

This is why starting threads with a few basic questions can be really beneficial. Picks up a lot of steam on slow days if people bite.

So this talk of Cookie made me wonder how many other characters have active canon family members. Not as like, an element of the backstory or a one-off role, but as actual characters in their own right.

cont.

the first challange

Cookie decides that his first mission as a hero would be to find Deelettes home, to bring her back to her parents. The first step is to bring her to his home and hide her in his room for the time being. He stands up as he wants to leave the forest, he takes Deelettes hand to guide her but suddenly he realizes he doesn't recognize this part of the forest, he keeps going forward hoping he'll find something familiar but he doesn't, he keeps going for long and starts to get desperate, till finally he stands still, he looks around him and the forest feels foreign, a forest he has been playing in, all his childhood, seems now like a different place. He sits down and it feels like he hasn't moved at all.

lost

Cookie started thinking, "what should I do? what would a hero do?" they would user their powers and fly away or use their gadets to find a way home, use their super intelligence to come up with a solution, Cookie had no such things, he only has the knowledge of a forest that he isn't in anymore. Cookie wants to cry as he suddenly looks at Deelette, her smile calms him down once again. He is a hero, he should stay strong for the sake of others. Once he calmed down, he started to recognize the places around him and he finally saw his way home. Finally at home he realized he had been less than an hour away.

I've tired this tactic before (many times a couple years ago), and it made no difference.

Appladay comes to mind since his brother is the adopted son of the crime family that has it out for him.

>hit Monday without even 100 posts

Everyone playing Breath of the Wild?

>Breath of the Wild?
Draw that Gerudo muscle girl and Briana having a stare-down or test-of-strength

Briana has super powers, that's hardly fair.

I wish.
I didn't pre-order the Switch, so getting one is going to take at least a week when the scalping finally dies down.

I didn't realize I was going to want a Switch this earlier until the announced the Splatoon 2 testfire.

I'd imagine Deelette would probably be excited for that.

The store I went to ended up having something like 22-25 units, with only 12 people waiting for them. Call around, maybe you'll get lucky.

I never played the original, maybe I'll get Spla2n.

I'm gonna wait a week. I'm not in a super hurry to get one.

I got a wii u because of Splatoon and I never regretted it.

What if [insert your selected characters here] went on a camping trip?

Very nearly every day of Briana & Crew's life is a camping trip, albeit with huge monsters and killer robots.

Talking about the same shit gets old user. Bring on some new characters or less golden girl and I'm in.

Stretcherous would probably look for valuables in others tents/cabins, all while never leaving her tent (assuming she went camping with a bunch of other students for a school field trip.