Latchkey Kingdom thread

latchkeykingdom.com/

It's time for another one of these threads folks.

We start with the cliffhanger that is Castlemania 32 where our heroes encounter the ultimate obstacle, STAIRS!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/35Ulwur8brY?t=47s
gumroad.com/p5ych
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Moving on we come to the first of this weeks backer comics where some rats look pretty in a dress.

The origins of all the dungeons littering Hilla.

Lenne starts a new adventure (with a new hat!) together with Shaman Doctor and Black Jack Cat.

How to properly handle a giant scorpion. Oh and something about an evil cult or something.

And the Adventures of Crystal and Sawl restarts once again!

A little bonus.
A fancomic of Nicks newest obsession: Hollow Knight.

I wonder if Cometbreaker will break his no-clothes rule for Phannie.

Funny how the Backer strip week coincided with this cliffhanger.
For the record I think Rex is probably storing enough badass points to defear Moxie. But maybe not save the phone .

And it seems that there are tunnels connecting both cities.

Lenne is always cute. And is there a name for patches here, or just Jackie?

I am expecting the female equivalent of Snake Guy, just as attractive.

More Crystal! My favorite character-who-doesn't-matter!
I assume Akim's Arrow could be like Longinus' Lance and the think the Lapak church uses as a symbol.

We know Lapak was a big guy so I wonder if he was a giant like the guy the in-universe Roman guys worship.

Most likely
Or maybe he will paint his body so it will look like he's wearing a suit and trying to play it off as real.

>And is there a name for patches here, or just Jackie?
Only Jackie so far, though it wouldn't surprise me if his full name contained a reference to a color (or maybe a game).

>I assume Akim's Arrow could be like Longinus' Lance and the think the Lapak church uses as a symbol.
I assumed it was just something related to a saint but your idea makes more sense.

>We know Lapak was a big guy so I wonder if he was a giant like the guy the in-universe Roman guys worship.
He's a really big guy, pic related.

>Or maybe he will paint his body so it will look like he's wearing a suit and trying to play it off as real.

Some glue, paint and Chippendale accessories and he can pretend he is wearing a tuxedo.

>He's a really big guy, pic related.
Looks remarkably like Lewk. There goes my theory that all the major religions of the world were actually worshipping half-hekk-hounds. The dogs as gods and all that.

>Looks remarkably like Lewk.
Well it's probably an in-universe depiction (think it's the creation myth) so him looking like Lewk isn't that surprising. You know like how all medieval painters depicted scenes from the Bible with medieval clothes and armor and everyone being white.

I think Nick mentioned in a stream that Lapakinism was created from merging two other in universe religions into something new but I don't remember any details.

Whoever is uploading all the smut to e 6 2 1 is doing a good job

From what i've seen, only morbi's own stuff is in the DNP list.

SHIT, wrong thread. Sorry!

well I guess you can't have everything

Well now I feel foolish for responding to that

No problem. Either way its a shame morbi put himself in the dnp list. i like his art.

You aren't entirely inaccurate.
I have found that it is necessary to check both e6 and The Collection to catch 85% of the stuff Akunim draws.

I get dissapointed whever an artist puts themselves on that list.

Yeah, at least with e6 you can find a good chunk of his stuff, rather than struggle with dumblr's archive system, the Sup Forums booru and the caturday pixivs.

I just wish he had a proper gallery, even deviantart is better than tumblr for that.

Thanks mang. I'll see if I can post some more after work

Super Sketch Saturday!

Nick got a new pen (a Pilot Parallel Pen to be precise)

Girl named Star.
Does she fight the forces of evil?

Backer Strip Thumbs.

Hollow Knight doodles

Some Nikol.

And some Hollow Knight thumbs for more strips like this one And that's it for this saturday.

The misfitting shoes make this work.

>I think Nick mentioned in a stream that Lapakinism was created from merging two other in universe religions into something new but I don't remember any details.
I had assumed there is a big joke about how Lapak was very much like Lewk and made up his own miracles. Or was completely made up by the first disciple.

>I just wish he had a proper gallery, even deviantart is better than tumblr for that.

All art hosting sites have issues.
You can only pick one or two:
A) You can have artistic freedom.
B) Good web design.
C) A reasonably plrace to host your art.

-Tumblr gives free range thanks to its poor policing but art is easily buried and lost.
-DeviantArt has a good web design but you really have to toe the line about what can be posted there.
-Adult art sites can have artistic freedom and good web design but you will be neighbor with who-knows-what.

-Looks like Hilde is keeping that haircut.
-One more cheetah. I sort of forced the introduction of cheetahs by requesting my Backer Adventurer. Sorry? But cheetahs are cool.

"Oh, my eyes? My great-great-great-grandma was a god from the depth! If I squint I can totally see the end of time and the death of the universe! I can also see 453452 shades of pastel colors!"

Not the first time we see that swimsuit design in sketches. Even one of the robots seemed to be wearing it.
Now that he is giving the characters more detailed eyes it really brings out an Eto-ese difference to Nikol's eyes.

Later you can post last Saturday's, we didn't have those in the last thread.

I am thinking of buying HollowKnight now if it has a nice cast.

I should stop trying to type long-ass phone posts.

>-Looks like Hilde is keeping that haircut.
I see no Hilde in that pic. Maybe you are mixing some characters up.

>Later you can post last Saturday's, we didn't have those in the last thread.
Totally forgot them. I'll post them soon.

I meant Svana, you are right. Got the sisters mixed up.

Okay, posting the sketches from last saturday

Starting with Chloe

The thumbs for Castlemania 31

Cheetah girl

And finally the first meeting of Tucker and Willa, or atleast the sketchin/ideas for it.

Without actually spoiling what it involves, I have to say I like Chloe's gimmick for how she evaluates beauty.

And she is giving Liam competition for fluffiest tail in the comic. And hips.

Does this hint at "the doll" moving? I can see how that could conflict with what Victoria previously said about not trying Yuman brains before.

And a good half-dozen sketches went in to figure out the best way to tie up Embalmer.
Nick if you want more Embalmer bondage fanfic you just have to ask.

Cheetahs!

And when Nick practices shirtless anatomy he often gives characters that expression, as if wondering where the hekk their clothes disappeared to.

I am preemptively imagining him with Uter's voice:
youtu.be/35Ulwur8brY?t=47s

good thing i bookmarked the search result of Latchkey Kingdom, now i will know when one of these threads are started.

>And hips.
She IS very curvy for being the same age as Debbie (I think).

>And a good half-dozen sketches went in to figure out the best way to tie up Embalmer.
While he generally doesn't focus on bondage he sure gives a lot of variety to it. I don't think any characters in this comic has been tied up in the same way twice.

>And when Nick practices shirtless anatomy he often gives characters that expression, as if wondering where the hekk their clothes disappeared to.
He loves his surprised nekkid girls.

Hi
Going by your comment on the comic page for I assume you had some input reagrding this cult?

yeah, the scorpion cult was a part of my idea for Galondria's story.

That's gotta be a shout-out to Janus' back story, isn't it?

Welcome back, Bat-man!

cool

>That's gotta be a shout-out to Janus' back story, isn't it?
Maybe? But it could just as well be a shout-out to that two headed girl Nick has shown in his sketches before. Though thinking about it I'm sure he has characters who are joined together siamese style somewhere in his sketches.

Best Barbarian Babe Bump Before Bed

>She IS very curvy for being the same age as Debbie (I think).

Debbie is one of the oldest characters in the core cast according to that strip about XMas presents.
Chloe could be a few years older. Or she just hit with them genes like a truck.

I wonder just how many characters Nick has on the backburner ready for an opportunity to introduce them, and how many existing ones weren't in his original plans at all.

Some of Nick's characters not in the front page, in no particular order:
-Debbie
-Embalmer
-Jane
-Balder
-Page
-Rose
-Nikol
-Calm Joe (& his sidekick)
-Kenner

Rest in fucking pieces, Svana

Hey she could still ride down the stairs while surfing on top of Bridget. It would look radical.

Whoever's been making those caturday requests... thank you.

It warms mah old heart to see Kate and Tanya still hang out together unlike Svana and Hilde.

Actually, it's more of a "I've suddenly turned into an animal AND I'm nekkid."

Yeah, nah -- I think the doll is unoccupied at the moment. Introducing her like that, though, makes me wonder if she'll be 'filled' before the current issue ends...

Confirmed: The setting is a post-TF-apocalypse!

Is it different than her normal haircut?

Pic courtesy of Aku

Aw yeah, a new contender for best boy

I kind of doubt it. If the doll is going to retain the personality it had in Latchkeyborne I don't think it'll be filled by anyone we've seen so far. She seemed too confident to be Svana, too well-spoken to be Bridget, and too upbeat to be Victoria

Speaking of... Anyone know when we're gonna get hooked up with the next part of that fanfic? I don't need it or anything, I-I'm just asking for a friend/spoiler]

Who said it had to be a girl that gets absorbed?

Think I figured out how Willa's gonna give Tucker the slip. RIP

At last is sunday and we have a new thread.

I have been waiting to post this.

This is probably safe enough to deliver here, I'd imagine.

Why is your Janus so stupid hot?
Why is your waifu Svana not a cat, so I can request her?

That rat doesn't have real breasts or hair. Why is the midget getting excited about her?

Ditto on Janus. That Willa midriff, though.

>Confirmed: The setting is a post-TF-apocalypse!

Not that many of those, are they? I can count with one hand the number of novel-sized stories in which that has happened.
In most other scenarios TF is handled as 'And then everything turned into a wasteland with mutants' scenario rather than one that results in an actual unnatural world full of new things.

Sure. It used to have no volume and just fall like a straight curtain. During the Fortress mini it had some more volume, but now it is clearly more mushroom-shaped.

>Pic courtesy of Aku
I am sure this is referencing something I should remember, but I just can`t think about what it is.

>Aw yeah, a new contender for best boy
Those are fighting words, boyo.

>Speaking of... Anyone know when we're gonna get hooked up with the next part of that fanfic?
I`ll try to update this Sunday. If I can, I will announce it here. It is a longer update so my need to tweak what I already wrote increased exponentially.

Cute.

Where are these requests coming from?

That one specifically is probably from the caturday requests.

Its the cat's sabbath, and the art druids are already at work.

>Why is your waifu Svana not a cat, so I can request her?

For all things there is a time and place. It can`t all be Svana.
I, for one, welcome any new pictures of Kate and Tanya.

SFW Akunim Latchkey cat dump.

That's hardly a cat. Look at the comics, and you'll notice how much not like a cat she actually looks like.

Nigga what comics this character hasn't shown up in shit

Yeah, I don't think that is, who you think it is, my dude. Got your wires crossed.
Are you thinking about Bridget?

Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird? A plane?
No, that's his joke flying right over both your heads.

Well, technically speaking Hope isn't a cat either, but I think she can pass off as one.

And Nick's design to complete the set.

Is there a place where I can read the entirety of 70-seas?

nikol a cute

I cant believe they actually put a mission in botw having link run around in that outfit

you can buy it for 5 bucks on nick's site
it's also been storytimed on Sup Forums if you want to go backthrough the LKK thread archives

Maybe it’s just an adventurer thing to want to kiss rats

It got storytimed a while ago. you can get all 900 pages of it here for $8 gumroad.com/p5ych

february's backer pics went up

Here's some brief descriptions for what these are

>Gallo Viking: Sereina being taught staff fighting.

>Hungry Uruk: Orzhov Guildmage

>Legend Quest: Trico and their boy

>Russ O: Semira and Inga in fancy ball gowns.

Oh hey, that reminds me -- I was looking back through 70 seas and I noticed this.

Yup. Nick asked if anyone wanted to proofread his comic for any formatting errors or whatever so Gallo and I took up the offer

That's really neat! The Old Guard's still here!

I'm gonna go to bed, but tomorrow I'd be down for doin' more requests if anyone has any!

Also I'll finish that one from last thread

Neat picture!

And we are all here forever or until Nick does something so atrocious that it scares us away with tears in our eyes.

For me it may be outright establishing that both Rosaline and Embalmer will only ever be platonically-evil and have them both develop proper healthy relationships with other characters that actually match them socially and in species.

For you that may be un-Moe-ing Svana.
I don't really know how. Maybe with an ugly hat?

>SHIRT SHIRT SHIRT.

Word of warning to whoever orders this model of long-sleeved shirt.
I ordered this and a tshirt and the tshirt was fine but this long sleeve one shrank a lot in the dryer. Order a larger size than your usual.
I will reorder at some point and just pass on this shrunken one to somebody else.

One thing is for sure, the list just keeps growing.

Does caturdays take place on a specific board or is it just a general thing? I'd like to know for research purposes.

sick jojo reference (no honestly it's cool)

wew
Janus convincing the other female characters to dress up in skimpy costumes to sell to them or for advertising her shop is my new fetish.

Different folks different strokes I guess.

Liam looks way too excited here. Though that makes sense if the old relationship chart still holds true.

neat

cute

They are so pretty! Inga looks far more comfortable in a dress than I expected her to be.

nice

Well since we have been going on about cats this thread I'd like to request Janus dressed as Miranda from Wakfu. Trying to convince/having convinced another girl to wear skimpy clothes.

Its only on Sup Forums (and by extent /trash/ too for requests), though mods, or at least one of them, has a serious pickle with this.

Sorry for taking this long to reply.

Thats magnificent user

>For you that may be un-Moe-ing Svana.
>I don't really know how. Maybe with an ugly hat?

She is a witch, you don't need much to un-moe svana

I always wonder how old are these two. They appear to have different ages through the 70 seas comics. Do they grow older after each series?

Does Latchkey definitely take place -after- 70 Seas, chronologically? That's what I've always assumed, but I guess I can't remember reading that anywhere...

Thanks anyway. I couldn't find any trace of it in the archives hence why I asked.

Might be a combination of them reaching puberty and Nicks evolving artstyle.

It definitely takes place afterwards as Nikol is now in Hilla due to events in the finale of 70-Seas.

Question is how much time has passed since then?
My guess is like a month or two.

>I couldn't find any trace of it in the archives hence why I asked.
Yeah, the requests usually end up being deleted pretty fast once the mod(s) get into it.

Well that sucks.
I'm happy that the pics survive but I like to see the request descriptions to get some context.

I'm fairly sure i've seen someone make an imgur album with the requests + reference images, but i wouldn't have access to that right now.

Regardless, the pics always end up on the Sup Forums booru, e6 or the artist's own gallery/blog.