Zootopia

i could make a sloth joke thread.

instead

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, ZOOTOPIA.

do you still like it Sup Forums ?

Sure.
Not the best animated feature film of 2016 but still good.

I just watched it for the first time last weekend. I loved it.

I really like it

I also love how it's so popular with hipster youths, when it did criticize their common plot of acting like a victim to deflect suspicion on them

what would you say was the best?

>Sadly it won an Oscar.

so did Brave and BH6, it means nothing.

I enjoyed it. Not my favorite Disney movie, but it's up there

Still love it. And it getting the Oscar is like the final bit of sugar on top for the whole ride.

I actually kind of miss the lead up to the movie. The whole thing was such an "event" for me.

first months were the best, february-march and a bit of april.

>what would you say was the best?
I haven't seen everything I want to watch yet but for now Kubo and The Red Turtle are my favorites ones.

Kubo was a beautiful movie. But the story was severely lacking in places.

This. The value of an oscar win in the animated film category seems to be pretty much nil if the voters simply voted for the ones that their kids liked the most without themselves watching and determining the merit of the films.

Kubo was shit though. Bet you're one of those who were disappointed Zootopia didn't keep it's edgy shock collar plot

I saw Kubo, fantastic stuff, i barely even noticed it was stop-motion

Haven't even heard of Red Turtle, though.

you know, fandom is like sponge, it absorbs everything without second thought.

It was gorgeous visually, the humor was nice, and while it's not timeless in its content, it wasn't trying to be.

Ignoring all the shitposting, and the fact that an "academy" award means less than nothing, it's an objectively good film.

Pic only related during those first few months.

>Bet you're one of those who were disappointed Zootopia didn't keep it's edgy shock collar plot
I am not.

Why is Manchas so cute

Has it really been a year? wtf

Still like. CGI cartoons of this style are also getting to the point where the visuals don't age as quickly as before. There's not much more lighting and effects and crowds that can be thrown at the screen.

Honestly I just wanted it to win the award to further guarantee a sequel.

yep, I still want to fuck that bunny

just make a sequel already

Why the kid wanted to be an elephant?

yes

stop
for money

Doug's and Clawhuaser's VAs are going to answer some questions about the movie at the Zootopia's facebook page soon.

So, is a sequel basically guaranteed now?

of course not. it needs to make billion in merchandise sales.

why do you think we're getting cars 3, frozen 2 or toy story 4?

Opened friday March 4th last year, I saw it for the 1st time at 10:05pm sunday March 6th. Still have my ticket stub. Still love it!

Obligatory