Does anybody know how they were able to get such a massive budget for an original gritty sci-fi movie made by two young...

Does anybody know how they were able to get such a massive budget for an original gritty sci-fi movie made by two young directors that aren't even jews?
Hollywood would never do that these days.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zvNscKS4JC8
youtu.be/ixJ6I2b6Spc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

they are jews!

no they are not.

Anyway, I know 90% of people here are braindead

but to the smart minority,
does anybody know how the mateix got greelight? I'm really interested.

More important question: how its possible to turn a god-tier movie into a mega shit trilogy?

IIRC they got a laughably small budget from the studio, and they used it to make the opening scene with Trinity escaping from the agents, then sent it back to the studio, who then gave them a big fucking budget.

>2017 and people still don't get matrix sequels
Just fuck off

>smart minority
>mateix
I guess you are not one of them

It was the 1990s, and they made a good test pilot.

It's incredible to me how two nerds convinced jewllywood to give them shit ton of money to make some nerdass anime movie,

and then make that a big hit.

>original

that's still insane if you think about it.
It's an original movie, why would they give them so much money, lot of people make cool pilots.

How did Peter Jackson go from this:
youtube.com/watch?v=zvNscKS4JC8
To being given LOTR?!

dark city is shit,
the main actor ruined the entire movie
and the editing is shit.

also it was a flop

Yeah, the LotR trilogy was a miracle. They gave a guy known for low budget, B-movie gore horrors enough budget and time to shoot three, 3+ hour movies, back to back to back, without even releasing the first one to test the waters.

The production of the matrix started before Dark City released

>how they were able to get such a massive budget for an original gritty sci-fi movie

Well it's simple really. Joel Silver believed in the script. He adored it and it is a really good script you have to admit.
When a movie mogul of this caliber likes your script, it brings a lot of cash almost instantly.

It was a different mentality. people wanted to invent and the audience liked to see new original ideas.

nowadays the audience rather watches facebook videos.

Joel Silver the producer himself is a massive anime nerd. they found the right person at the right time.

he did The Frighteners and that famazing aux documentary that I cant recall the title of in between to prove a point to Hollywood Studios. He also did heavenly creatures.
He repeatedly proved that he could do a heavy vfx movie from NZ with his own VFX company for cheaper than they could in California.

He didn't just show up with the script and asked for financing, he build up his fame and expertise little by little, to a point where studios were taking him seriously.

They got the movies made in exchange for their dicks

probably sold their soul to the devil. /x/ knows how.

They had to make another movie first, if I remember correctly. If it did well, they got to make The Matrix.

What the hell is there to "get" about the Matrix sequels? Soulless money grab.

Like when a confused art student focuses on their craft and makes something just for themselves and then finds out that other people like it, which causes them to lose focus because now they try to build on that thinking that's what people like instead of just doing what they wanted.

Those were some lost confused filmmakers. Holy jesus. Did you hear what happened to them?

Interesting vid about Peter's early films. I've not seen anything except Heavenly Creatures, but I think its safe to say that he needs to pull out somethng special to recover from the Hobbit debacle. Perhaps a return to his gory, surreal roots?

youtu.be/ixJ6I2b6Spc

It wasn't original. It was a mix of everything that was cool during that era: cabled kung-fu fights, cyberpunk shit like popular anime GITS or Akira, black leather fashion. In general the movie is a big rip off from Tetsuo The Iron Man. The human farm scene was copy pasted from it.

In the behind the scenes, they couldn't pitch their idea because they've only made one movie, so they got a guy to draw them an entire story board and that convinced the financiers to give them 60 million dollars.

Dark City wasn't shit like that other guy said but it's severely overhyped simply because movies like that, that aren't utter garbage, are few and far between.

6.5/10

What is to be gotten from the Matrix sequels is this:

The Trinity of Morpheus, Neo, and Trinity are stuck to playing a game with the Architect. He, is trying to solve the problem of free will, where people choose to accept the Matrix or not. It's a giant sham. There were other "Ones" that choose to let Zion be destroyed and create a new one with a small portion of people. This has happened 5 times already.

The Architect designed this because this is better than say, one where everyone is happy and is acceptant of a utopia, and one where everyone is in despair, a horror world where Ghosts and Vampires are real. Because a vast majority of people in those realities rejected it vehemently.

Basically it makes fun of you the viewer for thinking Neo and the gang is cool and what they do is awesome.

What the Architect didn't factor in was the One falling in love with someone and making him do something differently to the choice of him making a new Zion or choosing against it. Maybe in a sense the only one who has the majesty of choice is this Neo.

Oh yeah, and there's more than likely a simulation within a simulation, seeing how Neo can see the machines in hues of yellow by the middle of the third movie.