Hi Sup Forums, Matt Reeves here, what would you guys like to see in the Batman solo film coming out in 2019 (hopefully)?

Hi Sup Forums, Matt Reeves here, what would you guys like to see in the Batman solo film coming out in 2019 (hopefully)?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GE1M3mS77W4
dropbox.com/s/05kg2gkvjvphf8f/Bats7.pdf?dl=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He needs to be in the Batman, his filmography is too good that it's embarring. Take it down a notch; humble himself.

Hi Matt Reeves. Stop making Batman movies and develop other properties that don't have 8 movies worth of baggage around their necks.

one director

a villain I care about

a plot that isn't an abomination stitched together from the plots of Avengers and Man of Steel (looking at you, Justice League)

organic humor that doesn't feel painfully forced

Jake would be fine but please just make it a detective movie exclusively in Gotham with human characters

Batman Beyond, but as a live action version.

Kill Batman

Make Batman an actual athlete

I want to see the dude running up walls like its nothing

fuck batman movies already
always the same shit

give us an R rated Lobo for a change, WB needs to grow a pair

clayface

The best Batman stories are not about the Batman himself, they're about the Gotham city and the insane villains it breeds
The most important part here is to create a right kind of atmosphere and get charismatic actors to play the villains
And I'm not talking about villains solo movies or suicide squad bullshit. Batman is important, but he shouldn't be the focal point of the story

A cross between the Arkham Asylum game and the Raid.

both of these. watch fincher kino for inspiration, and use the court of owls storyline.

What is Prince of Persia.

Jake would be fine, but I would prefer Affleck to reprise the role.

As for villains, I would love to see the Riddler done well. We've had enough Joker. The Riddler could really bring out the detective side of Batman.

Christian Bale playing a villain

If Affleck is out, would you guys want Reeves' movie to be standalone from the DCEU or not?

WB stated prior to JL release that the solo movies onwards would be standalone anyways

WEIGHT LOSS

One of the two only good video game adaptations.

I'm pretty sure what they meant by that was that the films wouldn't be full of references and cameos, but would still technically in the same continuity. There will also be movies that are completely standalone, such as the Joker movie, maybe Shazam.

>“Our intention, certainly, moving forward is using the continuity to help make sure nothing is diverging in a way that doesn’t make sense, but there’s no insistence upon an overall story line or interconnectivity in that universe,” DC Entertainment president Diane Nelson tells the outlet about their plans moving forward.

I think the solo movies involving the individual JL members will still be loosely connected.

Make ben Affleck losse weight

i cant see jake as bruce or batman. id rather see t armie hammer as bruce/batman. could lee pace make a good bruce/batman you think?

Affleck

>lee pace

Maybe, doesn't really have the jawline for it, but I guess Bale didn't either.

>Gotham City that looks like Gotham instead of some generic American metropolis
>no Robin, Nightwing or other members of the Batfamily, just Batman and Alfred
>no Joker
>Court of Owls
>more detective stuff
>keep the brutality of Batfleck (minus killing)
>copy the Arkham games as much as possible

i want deathstroke as the villain of the movie
also give him some good motives in order to sympathize with the character, dont be lazy, work hard on the script

"Matt" I want to see Affleck as Bruce Wayne.

Gyllnehaal is too short.

It is Matt Damon's turn

Why isn't Cyborg a friend?

It's too hard to cosplay as a nigger without using blackface

5'10"

No thanks

Keaton is 5'9

5'11 and some boosts will put him at 6'1

Standalone trilogy with Scott Adkins. I want brutal fight scenes and an emphasis on detective work.

Gotham needs to have that art-deco aesthetic from the Burton films and the animated series.

youtube.com/watch?v=GE1M3mS77W4

Has Jake even done anything since Nightcrawler?

Only his sister

he has a weak chin and the wrong build for it

his voice is also very soft

WB should be doing whatever they can to keep Affleck around. He is perfectly cast, just needs to be in a good movie.

His left eye is way lower than his right. Would look goofy in the cowl.

Brendan Fraser as Batman please.

Make Gotham look like Gotham. Batman movies were never about Batman but about the city.

The other?

>Lee Pace
Too gay
>Jake Gyllenhaal
Just gay enough

Fuck Jake Gyllenhaal

If it's so easy why haven't you done it already?

HOW ABOUT TAKE A BREAK FROM THE CAPE SHIT FOR NOW?

maybe.....develop some other original stories or something?

Fuck that. We need another Michael Keaton.

I actually kind of agree with this. The great thing about Keaton was that he played Bruce in such a way that no one would ever suspect this awkward trust fund kid is actually the biggest bad ass in Gotham.

Keaton is the only good Batman. Nobody will ever come close, especially not that chickflick soyboy Gosling.

put Gal Gadot in bag

What I want in a Batman movie is something that DC will never make.
Once upon a time, there was a great little back-up story that was set in the pre-JLA days where Green Arrow almost figures out Batman's secret.
Oliver's suspicions become aroused when Batman shows up in Star City at the same time as Bruce Wayne shows up for a charity dinner. After a little dust up at a drug lab, Ollie decides to follow Bruce back to Gotham while Bruce has to cover up his injuries and act like everything is normal. Bruce almost lets his secret slip, but ultimately Ollie decides that there's no way an emotionally damaged prep school kid like Bruce could be as disciplined as Batman.
It's character driven and the stakes are small, but there's plenty of opportunity for action. You can recast with a younger actor and it doesn't get in the way of any of the established movies.
But DC will literally never make this movie.

Street Fighter

Part of me feels like Armie Hammer is too young, but he'd be 33 by the time they got around to making the movie, so... I guess it could work. I can see him easily embodying JLU Batman's personality.

>id rather see t armie hammer as bruce/batman.
Is this George Miller?

i like jake the snake as an actor but i don't see him as bruce.

that sounds cool. name of story and/or link

It was from the 99 JLA 80 Page Giant #2 and it was called "The Game" by Christopher Priest and Cary Nord.
It also had a lot of Ollie introspecting on how much he mimicked Batman when he was starting out and how he started to find his own.
It was a nice nod back to the sort "uncomfortable colleague" dynamic that GA and Bats had during the 70s. They didn't necessarily like each other, but they trusted each other.

Came here to post this. Would be cool on so many levels.

No Gyllenhaal.

figure out a way to get the cowl right

>we can't go back in time and film Damon and Affleck as Green Arrow and Batman in their early and then come back to the present and film them as grizzled veteran vigilantes, still arguing over there different methodologies.

I mean I'd watch it.

Don't try to make this just YOUR Batman. Adapt, and breathe life into what you know exists. It's quality resulting from this will then leave your stamp for you. Don't be a Nolan or a Burton, be BATMAN. Know the character. Become a fan. Don't just read The Dark Knight Returns and Year One, or whatever's on the shelf. Read everything. Understand that people want the comic-accurate Batman, not just another Hollywood-ized one. There is no excuse not to do this. The Batman that the mainstream sees is still a different creature than the one in the comics. Help audiences realize this and blend the two together to form an ultimate representation.

And please! I BEG you to cast people that actually resemble the characters. This let me see Batman be realized for real. Nolan, Burton, and Snyder haven't been able to, but I think you can.

Which is still too short.

BATT DAMON

I laughed audibly.

Rest of the parts, pls?

roman reigns

Needs to take place in one night

I don't mean to be one of those guys who post their screenplays for reference, but here's my screenplay for reference.

dropbox.com/s/05kg2gkvjvphf8f/Bats7.pdf?dl=0

Read through it, pick the best elements and write away.

Murder mystery that turns into a game of someone trying to gaslight/gangstalk him. Attacking him psychologically to the point that Bruce believes he will die. Probably have the joker be blown up in city bombings only to reveal him at the end, scarred and missing skin where his tats once was. It's rrevealed to be the riddler, attacking Wayne. He has been keeping fake diarys and setting up riddles for years to finally have an ultimate game with him. To purge Gotham, like batman but he believes batman is the cause for the elevation in crazy.

Gyllenhaal has already been an X-Men character. He can't be Batman too!

Fuck it.
Gotham By Gaslight.

the final solution to the bat problem:

goose as the bat
villeneuve directs
deakins + zimmer
ILM does cgi
jessica chastain as poison ivy
ana+kenzie as eyecandy in a supporting role
some big name chink in a supporting role so that the movie does good business in china.

I'd like to see Batman being a recluse for 8 years and then resurfacing only to fake his death and elope with his newfound criminal gf.

Maybe we could stop making batman for a while

i would like to see refn direct it

Jon Hamm

Batman is not an autist.

Chickflick Goosecuck looks like the worst thing that ever happened to him was pumpkin spice latte being sold out at Starbucks.

People need to stop wanting to cast good actors in capeshit, good actors should not be in capeshit
They should be free to make good kinos whenever they want, not stuck making fucking capeshit for the next 7 years

I want't people to stop making Batman and superhero movies in general for at least 10 years

Killing should stay also a broken bruce

dinosaurs and batman doing skateboard tricks, preferrably on top of the aforementioned dinos.

THIS. NO CGI SHIT

Back to India

Yeah, he was prodigious in Prince of Persia, what a thespian.

He would have done a great Batman.

Scarecrow as the main villain. And bring back kid Robin in films.

He was useless in The Shadow

what?

>the chad powerlifter vs the virgin cardio bunny

>Potential Batmen villains

Riddler (This would be hard to do because it requires the writers to actually be clever)

Anarky (comment on 'muh 99%' far left ANTIFA shit)

Deacon Blackfire (comment on religious extremism and terrorism and the things that cause without actually mentioning Muslims)

Lockup (comment on 'the war on crime' mentality, vigilantism, 90's era Reganistic views on crime and punishment, prisons as an industry)

Black Mask (just good old fashioned Batman beats up criminals and a bad guy who is bad)

Karl Urban as Bruceman
Jensen Ackles as Nightwing/new Batman
Batista as Bane
Gyllenhaal as Joker
Lee Pace as Riddler
Daddario as Ivy
Terrance Zdunich as Pyg

it's a musical

>Hi Sup Forums, Matt Reeves

fuck off you ruined the planet of the apes reboots