These go to 11

These go to 11

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JtvGR8UX1L0
youtube.com/watch?v=dXa4T7strzY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why don’t you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?

My favorite joke is when he holds up the guitar he's never played and says, listen to the sustain...

...I don't hear it.
Well, you would if it was playing.

But..these go to 11

Perhaps only some could actually ever hear the sustain.

unfunniest joke ever because you've heard people repeat it 50,000x before you even see the movie

great comedy, glad it was made 30 years ago and not today

"Shit sandwich"

and Intravenous de Milo
this movie's full of 'em!

>mfw Les Pauls unironically do have the best sustain

>people still think this is a fake documentary

I like when they're trying to figure out the harmony for that elvis song

I like when he's playing the solo with a violin that sounds like garbage, but he stops to tune the violin like it would make a difference

oh man this movie is just fun to reminisce about.

I'm into it on the level that Nigel is the musician that uses the amp and yet Marty feels like he knows more about it as an observer. Such an amazing thing that wealthy educated doctors spend loads of money on instruments made famous by ignorant drug addled dimwits. 8 thousand dollar Les Paul for living room blues noodling jazz odysseys and covers of Motel California.

>jazz odysseys
my favorite
youtube.com/watch?v=JtvGR8UX1L0

>mfw Les Pauls unironically do have the best sustain

I have an 80s sunburst, long neck tenon version.

The sustain is fucking unreal on it, even compared to an LP Standard.

It's the exact same process, one increases spaces between the numbers so 10 is 'louder', 11 is that extra space just labelled differently

He continued with that character for a while in the guitar magazines - I recall he was a judge in a guitar contest, and his remarks about a cigar box styled guitar was it was useful for storing clean socks and chocolate.

There's something unique about the sound of those guitars. You pay it for with the weight though, heavier than Strats.

Gimmie some dou-bles
Gimmie some dou-bles

go to bed dad

>There's something unique about the sound of those guitars. You pay it for with the weight though, heavier than Strats.

For straight out rock riffs, the strat just doesn't cut it. You can't get that thick and powerful tone with the single coils.

The strat can produce great rock leads though, in the hands of elite players (Gilmour, Beck or Hendrix). Lesser players often sound like shite on a strat. LP is more player friendly imo.

the funniest scene wasn't even in the movie

youtube.com/watch?v=dXa4T7strzY

it's funny because that's literally all Les Paul players say about the guitar

>well they can talk, but they can't swear
lmaoooo

Can they print that??

Maybe because i'm more into noise, but I think the strat has a shitload of versatility. My to go guitar is a >mim strat with a hot rod amp, but I use a LP whenever I want to drop the tuning.

Nice to see guitar fags on Sup Forums.

I like when the midget dances around stone henge. Great shit my nigs movie was hilarious

Couldn't agree more. I love the sound of a Strat in the hands of a Gilmour or Knopfler or SRV, but it's generally too thin for my tastes.

My favorite joke might be the stupidest, is the whole Dolby/Dobly thing.

Stupid smart komedei kino?

>I'm just as God made me sir

Fran Drescher was qt in this movie.

you know what i want...or maybe you don't

this looks like some kind of weird proto rich evans and jay bauman

I'm nobodys fool
I'm nobodys clown

>This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.

>That's just nitpicking, isn't it?

it's like he's watching tele

this

sex farm is best song

I tend to beat the hell out of Strats. They have that bolt-on neck and it feels like you can just bash 'em around more. I probably treat Les Pauls a little more tender.

What's wrong with being sexy?

It really isn't. Musicians unanimously agree that all of the situations are accurate as hell.

Fuck the napkin!

Kick my ass. As a man, kick my ass!

Just watched this for the first time and recently and was amazed how good chuck from BCS used to look, didnt recognize him at first

My favorite joke is so many of them
The pod scene where Nigel Tufnel finally gets out of the pod when the concert ends, and try to get back into the pod only to have it close on him.

Time is a cruel mistress

the best joke is lick my love pump

You could go grab a bight and it will still be playing

Smell the glove

>that can't be real
>you can't print that
>where did it say that who said that

>We're very lucky in the band in that we have two visionaries, David and Nigel, they're like poets, like Shelley and Byron. They're two distinct types of visionaries, it's like fire and ice, basically. I feel my role in the band is to be somewhere in the middle of that, kind of like lukewarm water.

>Since my baby left me

But..these go to 11

Did you guys listen to the commentary track on the Blu-ray of the band?

>It's called "Lick my Love Pump"

The delivery in this movie is top tier.

I'd like to raise a practical question at this point.... are we doing Stonehenge tomorrow?

>DUDE I MEMORIZED THE DIALOGUE

> (OP)
>Motel California.

Stopped reading right there

CHAIRS FOR FOOLS
EVERYBODY WANTS STOOLS
STOOL BOOOOOOOM

>brainlet BTFO

the end credits are great
Oh, there actually is, uh... there was a St. Hubbins?
That's right, yes.
What was he the saint of?
He was the patron saint of quality footwear.

the commentary is funnier than the movie.

Is there anything he can't do?

It wasn't Nigel it was the bass player.

i knew i would get it wrong, so i just chose one of them

Give me some moneyyyyyy

You can't really dust for vomit.

Jimmy's Sneed and Sneed
(Formerly Chuck's)

Mine too, you're a man of fine taste.