Other urls found in this thread:

unxannyrewrites.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Make me.

Excuse me?

It's still shit, nothing to apologize.

I'll dick Riri down the right way. Dats iron bae

I'm sorry.

They edited the cover people were pointlessly angry about?

It had a blacked reference, and actually, that made the cover good.
This one looks cheap and rushed.

looks like the same ugly rat-faced Campbell drawn girl to me

I'm sorry Marvel's "Get rid of all the straight white guys" diversity agenda shoved a preternaturally smart black teenager into a role she manifestly shouldn't be in.

You do know the memes we impose on it aren't actual references.

Bendis is a horrible writer USM was shitty and so was Alias
but he makes great waifus

For what?

Nah. It just doesn't fit. It doesn't work. Black women don't do this kind of thing. They're not interested. She's just not believable or relatable. She's a fraudulent cardboard poster child.

Alias was alright tho.

>a preternaturally smart black teenager
>she manifestly shouldn't be in
>preternaturally
>manifestly

What the fuck are you babbling about, brook?

That's the crazy thing about comics. White people don't swing from webs. Blacks can't control the weather. Asians aren't British nor are they telepathic. Comics somehow makes the impossible possible. Hence Marvel.

They went to trouble to draw over but couldn't be bothered to actually fix her fucking anatomy?

not really

Except Marvel used to be good because they typically showed their heroes wrestling with the human side of themselves. It's typically about normal people being elevated to heroes and bringing their struggles with them. Riri is smarter than Tony Stark, made an Iron Man suit at 15 with no effort, and her only flaw so far is that she's black.

To each his own. Don't like bendis, enjoyed Alias.

>and her only flaw so far is that she's black.

Except Marvel isn't doing shit new and sometimes things they try work and sometimes it don't. It didn't work this time.

This is overblown. Good Marvel is good because of strong storytelling. "Human" leads are not inherently interesting, and when written poorly they are just incompetent and unlikable.

Nobody cares. Its another case where a character does nothing and everyone around them praises every action they do like its the next best thing. Whats outright offensive is just how lazy the conception of Riri is
>Built a iron man suit in a dorm just because
>Introduced in a shitty crossover event she had no reason to be in, all she does is fly around in the background, and people call her amazing
>Costume is just a slimmer version of Stark's
>Marvel wants to pretend that Riri is the first woman or black person to wear the armor

Well she is the first BLACK WOMAN to wear it.

If they had just used Lila it would have avoided most of this. People would still bitch like with Falcon and Whor but at least it would be an established character with logical connections getting a push.

This

I refuse

I can sort of support Falcon being Cap for a bit given his friendship with Steve, but everything about Whor was and still is fucking retarded.

>showing her face skin like that
cover her up right now you pedophile

Alright Sup Forums how do we fix her.
I would give her a white conservative boy as the main love interest.

I mostly dislike Whor because it's clearly a forced synergy move to pretend like Jane is relevant.

>I would give her a self-insert as the main love interest.
Of course you would, user.

Maker her Tony's combat accessible workshop/mechanic? Don't even bother giving her a suit, just make her fly around in this giant mobile bodyshop/tank as backup. Call it The Wardrobe. Or does

quick Q:

where does that hair go inside the head tight helmet?

is this foreshadowing her death and Tony coming back in an event?

can they make black people care about a character that is black?

speaking of, i don't see many blacks at cons, save for anime ones. what gives? do we know the black demo for comic readers?

No.... We are not doing this again.

>can they make black people care about a character that is black?

What is Luke Cage.

>can they make black people care about a character that is black?

What is Milestone.

Did she steal that suit?

something no one cares about

It can be pinned down, even just a swimcap would compress it the same. The poofiness is mostly air. Whether they bother to actually draw that in is another question. I haven't read the book.

I'm also sorry I used words you don't know. I'll dumb it down for you.

"I'm sorry Marvel's "Get rid of all the straight white guys" diversity agenda shoved a teenager into a battlefield role she definitely shouldn't be in. No more child soldiers!"

First off, I age her up. No teen geniuses building shit in her dorm, make her a late 20s grad student at the very least, or have her be in Navy R&D,
Second, if she's really smarter than Tony Stark why the fuck is she wearing an inefficient and derivative set of armor? The smart thing to do wuld be to remote pilot e a set of drone armor. Give it a unique power too, like hard light constructs or something.
Third, in terms of making a new character, why? Didn't Rhodey already have a niece or something?

>Third, in terms of making a new character, why? Didn't Rhodey already have a niece or something?

Bendis doesn't get credit for doing something "groundbreaking" or "inspirational" if he just uses an existing character.

He's an awful person really.

>"I'm sorry Marvel's "Get rid of all the straight white guys" diversity agenda shoved a teenager into a battlefield role she definitely shouldn't be in. No more child soldiers!"
You do know this is fiction, right?

Bendis loves female characters, except ones called Wanda.

The percent of of comic readers who are black is probably in the single digits. I have a token black friend who likes comics but he mainly reads dc.

That's light shit for marvel. They've done more fucked up shit. You're just new.

> Iron Man

> Woman

It's all about the cynical use of brand identity.

If this like a SJW character by design why are they still drawing her in that "problematic" sexy pose they all blog about so much lol

I'm here, but since I hate stuff like this the internet insists I'm white. The fact that it's mostly white girls telling me this is equally confusing.

No. Not really. You'd be surprised.

The armour should look the same as Tony's...yet it suddenly has curves whereas Tony's armour is angular.

She's not ironman tho.

I've almost certainly been reading comics since before you were born, sprout. The diversity push still sucks.

why is a black girl iron man? Did I miss something?

go to tumblr and ask them, cletus

She's not Iron Man. Doom is.

You must haven't been reading long not to see Marvel has always pushed diversity.

Why is the book called Iron Man if there's no Iron Man in it?

Irony Man, more like.

Which in hindsight isnt much better.

Marvel has literally pushed diversity since the early 60s.

Doom or a Doombot?

Yes, but back in the day it was with new characters like Storm and Luke Cage. You know perfectly well their effort to replace practically every well known white male hero with a woman or POC is a new thing.

Tony Stark is in it.

Who can really say?

Legacies are very much more of a DC thing, this is true.

Play around with relationship with Tony Stark. Why did Tony decide to start helping her? Is it altruistic or a way for him to stroke his ego by having a protege? Why is Riri doing this? Is it because she can? Is it to avenge her personal losses? Is it to gain a measure of positive recognition as opposed to the almost freakshow-esque attention she gets for being a kid genius in college?

Aside from that I'd also Batman Beyond/2099 it a bit. Give her some fresh villains and give a couple of Tony's rogues legacies that play off Riri as a legacy.

With actual good characters. When you take a let an untalented SJW cunt like Bendis write your characters you get all of the diversity for the sake of it without any substance.

Nope. First off these are new characters. Riri, miles, Nova, and Kamala are all new.

Secondly, Marvel has replaced Captain America, Goliath, Spider-Man, Ghost Rider, Captain Marvel, Black Panther etc etc with different characters before. Majority of them being a woman or POC.

Black Panther would never have been created in this era.

We'd have got Black Iorn Man or Black Thor instead.

Pardon my typo.

i wanna see riri get a hate-crush on doom and have him play with her heart for laughs

I'm sorry your creator is Bendis and thus you will never have the chance to develop as a character.

Well the art's better, but none of this feels necessary

Bendis isn't SJW. He is an attention whore doing things because he knows they'll praise him.

>What is Milestone.

Dead

> you get all of the diversity for the sake of it without any substance.

Almost everytime diversity has been added at marvel throughout the history it has been without substance or just to add diversity. Didn't make it horrible before. When I said this is nothing new, I literally mean this is NOTHING new. These are even the same arguments fans use to put up. If I had my laptop I'd show you "Stan's soap box"

If it's the same armor that Tony is wearing in Invincible Iron Man Vol 2 the form of the armor can be changed by the user

>Didn't make it horrible before.
it was bad then and its still bad now

Is she going to bang Tyke?

What am I looking at here is this suppose to upset me.

Imagine if Jean Grey had turned a gay man straight.

Imagine how the SJWs would have reacted.

god i hope so

Then this begs the question why did you get into marvel. If you're not into marvel then why browse this thread....

A lot of them were actually very upset about how the Iceman thing went down even if they don't mind the actual retcon itself.

What the fuck did I just read?

>>Captain America
Replaced a white guy with a white guy until Falcon Cap recently.
>>Goliath
Third string character.
Spider-Man
Replaced white guy with white guy until very recently, unless you count 2099.
>>Ghost Rider
Replaced white guy with white guy until fairly recently.
>>Captain Marvel
That one I'll give you.
>>Black Panther
Not what we were talking about. He was always a black man.

The wholesale replacement of virtually every important hero who happens to be a white guy with a woman or POC is unambiguously a new thing at Marvel.

There is something a little weird about two Bendis books a couple of years apart from each other having the exact same character design being used for two different characters by two different artists. Did he just show them both the same photo and say "draw her?"

unxannyrewrites.tumblr.com/

A comedy re-write of Bendis's abominable X-Men run. New page a day, every day. Pretty good stuff.

Something that had nothing to do with Riri. The black girl there is Idie

Scott for fuck sake what are you wearing? Its bad enough you have to wear shades all the time but could you at least pick a pair that dont make you look like a tool?

Is this edited?
What the fuck is all this nonsense?

It's Mystique posing as some nameless black girl who happens to look exactly like Riri a couple of years before Riri's first appearance.

The sad part is that I thought it was Bendis.