DuckTales 2017

Why must all good things be ruined?
youtube.com/watch?v=Pa95Nw0NdkM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ggmVm2ljDuw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ruined how? This looks great?

How Rose Colored are your Nostalgia Goggles OP?

I think it looks pretty good.

>Why must all good things be ruined?
Cause you fuckers never moved on and clamored for the "good ol days of cartoons"
It doesn't even look that bad, it won't be PPG 2016 bad.

Refusing to spend more then $10,000 a episode.
No.
Yes it does, this makes The Nut Shack look like Avatar:TLA.

It's NuPPG all over again.

I'm an oldfag who watched the original series when it came out and this looks amazing. That voice cast is bonkers.

When did you make the decision to never allow yourself to experience happiness? Do you find it challenging trying to find some means of disliking everything?

The old show pushed TV animation to it's limits, if the same team did the new show we would of avoided Chain Chronicles all together and put Space Dandy to shame.

>Shitty voices that don't even try to soumd right
>Hipster art style so they can claim they're being "true to the source material"

Why should I care about this if the original exists? It's a pointless remake.

Looks fine to me. I'm not sure I see what the problem is.

"Don't even try to sound right"? What are you fucking on? The The Scottish character is played by a Scot and the rest...?

>don't even try to soumd right

So basically "Waaaaaaaaaaaaah" they changed it.

This is a good thing in it's own way. It sounds jarring of course, but it's at least trying to differentiate itself. Not that that automatically makes it good, but I'm willing to give it a chance.

Not even trying to hide your autism, huh? Going with the "owning your awfulness" angle? Not the angle I would take, but hey, it's your life.

It's literally been 30 years. Who cares if the voice actors don't sound the same. Who cares if it'd only been 10 years?

It's not pointless, you're just not in the targeted audience.

The reboot is nothing but a soulless cash in.

At least TMS tried, and succeeded with flying colors.

These characters have sounded this way before and after ducktales. Why fucking change it now? Remakes are pointless wastes of time that don't deserve praise.

>It's literally been 30 years.

>Triplets with no defining features, interests, or voices that differentiate them from each other.
>Female character whose purpose was to be "the girl".
>Both have Toon-Town environment and prop design, but the older was more soft and curvy compared to the modern sharp angles approach.
>I like the original so much I'd rather watch it over and over again than possibly see new stories involving the characters and property I enjoy.

And the "targeted" audience cant just watch the original because...?

Right? -_-

>I like the original so much I'd rather watch it over and over again than possibly see new stories involving the characters and property I enjoy.
Except it's not new stories because this is a remake. The old show never happened.

It makes The Nut Shack look like Avatar:TLA, nuff said.
No, it's a repeat of Quack Pack.
This is not a good thing.
No, far from it.

You really, really need to find better battles to pick in life.

No, get a life.

>These characters have sounded this way before and after ducktales. Why fucking change it now?

because time.

No, being idiots, thats what.

So you believe they're just going to remake all the old episodes? Otherwise it's still new stories involving characters you enjoy. For better or for worse comic books do it all the time.

>Growing up as a kid, Batman TAS shouldn't have been made because the 60s live-action series should have been good enough for me.

Debunked.

You are upset over talking ducks.

Yeah how dare they not just use the same people who have long since been retired or dead. They're just dumb. You're an ass.

>Why fucking change it now?
One of them is fucking dead

Can you cure death, user?

I don't enjoy these new characters. A remake is just someone saying "I can do this better than they did. Fuck the original"

No shit. I meant how they sound. They didnt even try with this cheap ripoff.

No, I'm upset about the studio behind the original show is going to die off wasting their talents on Lupin III and mediocre video game adaptions no one asked for.

Most of them were on Blue Jacket Lupin III a few years back.

Also Chain Chronicles.

I like the style, but I don't like the voices and the humor feels like it's going to get old really fast.

user, you're going to die one day and there's nothing you can do to stop it. Certainly not clinging to an old cartoon and railing against any attempts to change it, just because you hate that even that precious facet of your childhood can be altered by time, and made indisputably inferior in your eyes because you see yourself as never getting better.

Alan Young is gone. You'll follow him yourself one day. Why not live more like a McDuck until then? Remember your early days, but build on them, live life to the fullest, and become a legend that others talk about.

And maybe someday, some autistic faggot will whine and cry about the reboot of the story of your life too.

Am I the only one that feels as though the animation is a bit off? Everything, including the action scenes, seem to be so stiff and slow moving.

So did you just want them to literally just make more episodes of the original duck tales cartoons?

Because that's what it sounds like.

There are two alternatives. One is a sequel. They tried that already, it didn't go over well.

The other is to abandon the property entirely and let it rot and be forgotten to time like Crusader Rabbit or something.

You seriously want a studio to spend extra time and money to make the show in a more expensive and time-consuming manner? Cartoons, like movies, don't bring in the revenue they used to anymore. There's too much competition. Entertainment is a business and cartoons are a product. You have to balance quality, cost, and production time. Going through extra complications and cost to do things a certain way to appeal to a tiny segment that isn't your target consumer is not proper marketing.

You think the quality isn't there? You're going on one minute and thirty seconds taken from the series pilot; which can differ drastically from the following episodes.

It's okay to have your doubts. You should be skeptical about all new media, too often studios appeal to nostalgia to sell a shoddily-made product and use our fondness for the property to develop artificial hype. But complaining that something made 30 years after the original is too different is pretty silly.

Also the original triplets sounded fucking awful. Honestly I don't care for their new voices all that much but at least I can tell them apart.

Better than erasing it from existence.

I'm not happy with the trailer buy I will give it a chance. It doesn't look Quack Pack bad.

Son, now you're just making yourself sound ridiculous. No one's going out and snapping Duck Tales DVDs in half.

Disney will. Can't have two shows with the same name out there confusing parents.

Well if that's the logic we're using, then the original show said "Fuck you, Barks. Fuck you, Rosa. I can do it better."

They're not gonna risk it after the DuckTales movie underperformed.

Is it literally just one guy trying to force this? Is it the same guy who says the Samurai Jack reboot is bad too?

This feels like genuine 1 man army 4cham autism

>nephews voices used to be the squacky duck voice because they were related to Donald
>new voices make them sound like they're 20 and just random guys
>Donald still has his signature voice
The performances aren't bad its just they do not match the character whatsoever.

I'm kind of interested in how Donald being in the mix will affect the dynamic of the show.
He seems to already have a reputation as an adventurer, if Webby's fangirling is anything to go by.

Yay!

I want this in my life now. The new style kinda harkens back to the comic books.

Hipster faggot

Other than the Nephews, did any other members of Donald Duck's family speak the same way he did? I always thought he was unique. Certainly no other ducks in Duckburg spoke that way.

As a DuckTales fan why should I care about this? Honestly. I have the comics and the original show. Not everything needs a ducking remake.

>No.
Wow, you sure changed my mind.

I just want to see Darkwing god damn it.

>ducking
Was that intentional?

If this does well, maybe you will.

It's funny how the old show, while good for it's time, had a hundred and one problems (from pointless characters like Webby to not characters like the blank slate Nephews, plenty of boring episodes, constant decline in quality of it's expensive animation and ongoing flanderization of Scrooge), but suddenly autists call it a timeless could-do-no-wrong masterpiece because the new show is different (somehow this is synonymous with awful), even though we haven't seen a single new episode yet.

It's like people base all their knowledge of the old show on the intro without actually rewatching the series.

If there were, we never heard them. Then again a lot of Donald's relatives never appeared outside the comics so it's hard to say whether they spoke in a quacky voice like him or spoke clearly. Hell, it's not like you could even tell Donald had a weird voice in the comics.

Why should they sound exactly the same as the original? That would be stupid and unoriginal if they were just imitating what was done before

>Hipster art style so they can claim they're being "true to the source material"
Stop using that word, retard. It's not hipster, it's imitating the Barks artstyle.

Okay, let's back on up here.

I mention something may be made in a style reminiscent of old comic books.

And I mention this on Sup Forums

And then... You kind of a happen.

On Sup Forums

Sorry for mentioning comics on a comic board. Here, I'll post a picture of Trump just to derail this thread about -comics and cartoons- to make you feel better.

>Donald's animatedfamily with no lisp
Scrooge. Gladstone. The nephews (they sounded quackish in Ducktales, but they weren't even close to Donald's speech pattern).

>other ducks in animation with no lisp
Daisy. Webby. Magica. Fenton. Glomgold. Darkwing.

Donald is a special case and allowing him to be a special case is fine with me.

>liking the comic style makes you a hipster

You are a fucking retarded child and need to fucking suicide yourself.

>These characters have sounded this way before and after ducktales.

The nephews were straight up just Donald's voice in the original shorts; DuckTales was the first time they had a different voice. Then it switched between Donald voice, DuckTales voice & Quack Pack voices after that. They don't have consistent voices.

Wish I could TURN BACK TIIIIME
To the GOOD OLD DAAAAAYS

They ain't erasing shit, you fucking mouth breathing retard.

Double doubles, double idiocy.

>Disney will.

Prove it, you autistic sack of shit.

>Yes it does, this makes The Nut Shack look like Avatar:TLA.
Okay, you seriously need to remove the shit out of your eyes.

it looks very good and promising though, you're full of shit OP

>The asshurt by OP in this thread

People only think older things are great because only the good parts of those things are normally shared and shown. Nostalgia is fueld by the fact that the bad parts of things are easily forgotten. No one wants to remember the bad parts of shit like Hey Arnold or Darkwing Duck, so it's always thought of 100℅ fondly.

I watched Duck Tales as a kid when it was played on the Disney Adventure block. It wasn't great, it was average. This new show looks average too, but has more actual background for kids to follow.

Really, really excited. In the other thread there have been a lot of discussion about show's staffs plans on incorporating the comics as much as possible. Pretty much everything else but Mickey is possible for them to add.

The original DuckTales cost between $700,000 and $1,000,000 an episode.

It was a different time.

The animation is really, really lacking.

Like distractingly bad.

It was a better time.

You just know there are some kool-aid sippers on this board that believe cheaper animation is better

quiptastic

>It wasn't great, it was average.

This is incorrect. From a technical level, DuckTales was far beyond anything else on television in the late '80s. The only shows that even compared were (imagine that) Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers and Gummi Bears.

Unless you watched the show in the early '90s, after Warners shows like Batman and Tiny Toons came out and outdid Disney. But even then, DuckTales was never "average". Not even close.

>From a technical level
I think he's talking about from an everything level. The animation was very high level but the show was just fine. It was just a good cartoon with amazing animation

Even the other things were above par for a cartoon. The voice acting? Check. The storytelling? Check. Likeable characters (not named Webby)? Check. Best theme song? Check.

I mean, what else is there?

It wasn't toyetic enough.

That was by design. The greater part of the '80s decade was saturated with cartoons that were essentially 30-minute toy commercials in disguise. Transformers, He-Man, GI Joe, JEM and the Holograms, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, ThunderCats, Voltron, all of these shows were about merchandising first and quality second. That's the difference between DuckTales and it's contemporaries of that period. It just tried to be a good show. It certainly had it's share of merchandise too but the show itself never felt like it was trying to get you to beg your parents for it.

I don't disagree with any of that. I do like some of the toy foucsed shows on a purely nostalgic level.

>ruined
It's a reboot.
Pretend it doesn't exist and continue to enjoy the older series.
It can't ruin anything because it's not changing anything.

There isn't anything wrong with that.

I really enjoy 'The Real Ghostbusters' on that level. It occasionally had some decent quality storytelling, too.

It doesn't even look bad compared to other reboots

Actually everything I'm hearing about what they have planned seems like there's some serious potential here. They're even doing full half hour episodes

I dunno it mite b gud

Alan Young is dead

>It's a reboot.
IT'S A FUCKING REMAKE! Why do people say "reboot" now? Just call it what it is.

It looks fantastic, even with the shitty artstyle. Hype as fuck.

I cant fap to this show. the ducks dont have nice round asses.

pic related. totally fappable

>These characters have sounded this way before and after ducktales.
youtube.com/watch?v=ggmVm2ljDuw

Donald doesn't even have his classic voice in the comics Ducktales are based on. He's really articulate compared to his animated appearances.

>Donald doesn't even have his classic voice in the comics
No shit. How difficult would it be to write Donald's speech impediment, let alone read it? I always still read his dialogue with it in my head.

It was a time when Michael Eisner ran Disney like a one man show and you either got on the train or got out of the way. That clearly is no longer true.

How much does this show cost?