He has a point...

He has a point. Why aren't Patty Jenkins or Jordan Peele being courted for Bond when their movies were much more successful and well received.

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/03/22/review-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-is-a-beautiful-disaster/#1df363425d9a
youtube.com/watch?v=R3nXvScRazg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what a fucking faggot

is female privilege getting jobs handed to them on account of their gender?
look at villeneuve's record when it comes to movies.

>why are talented people getting good offers? whaa
it would be more of a point if he mentioned max landis getting his scripts made..

What has happened to us? Where is our society heading? What should be done to prevent it? These questions need answers.

Why do we keep treating cheap sci-fi garbage like Dune like it was the holy grail of IPs?

>He has a point. Why aren't Patty Jenkins or Jordan Peele being courted for Bond when their movies were much more successful and well received.
Bond movies always were, are and will be men dreams. These 2 could be dangerous and ruin that dream.

There's kind of a mystique around Dune at this point because people have said it's unfilmable for so long.

She has a great point too. Why are white men given such priviledge dispute failing?

>Producers should choose directors based on commercial success and not on their artistic merit
I want off this fucking planet NOW

Nietzsche was right

BR2049 was a masterpiece.

Oh boy, someone makes a logical point but it's anti white male. I wonder how /poltv/ will handle this one. I mean if you take any movie that bombed like Blade Runner did and say that a black guy or female directed it, they'd be blacklisted in Hollywood, yet Cheeto man gets opportunity after opportunity just because he's a white male.

Heck it won't even get any awards too.

I have a deep rage inside me reading her posts. How dare she insult an auteur like Villeneuve, she should keel before him and blow him that fucking whore.

I'd much rather see a new Dune than a new 007. Dune needs a definitive adaptation.

A black guy or female could never make a movie like Blade runner. Fact. Can you teach an ape to paint a masterpiece?

Patty Jenkins had a great IP and Jordan Peele did get his pick.

Forgot my proof, it might win a couple of technical awards

But its a box office bomb and oscar season bomb. Ridley and company were hoping it could at least get a nomination to help boost sales and it won't even do that, its a huge failure and yet Villeneuve gets two big movies offered to him.

I'm not sure if you're a neogaf rapefugee or if it's b8.

Cause he's a great filmmaker, not a great businessman. I know what I'd rather for a man making films.

69 people liked his post
a few people discussed it
this is not important

Do people just endless scour twitter looking for things to get angry about?

He's the best working director. Has a recent oscar. Been very successful. He made a great movie that wasn't financially successful.

I see no reason to cancel his movies. Scott here is literally trying to fuck up his career for no reason other than the fact that he has a penis

cocksucking sjws care more for their diversity quotas in entertainment than they care about the art itself

You're actually saying that a director should be chosen based on box office success and not actual artistic merit? You're fucking cancer.
Also,
>Won't even get a nomination
It'll pretty much win Cinematrography and Production Design for sure, and it'll get noms for nearly every technical award

You don't have to scour

Only a mad person considers BR2049 a failure. Even if it did perform below par for blockbusters --running against Disney's dogshit-- it's a miracle that it turned out as anything other than an absolute disaster. A beloved cult classic with, what seemed like, a cash-grab sequel, and it was an actually good film the fans of the original enjoyed. It was some kind of miracle. Dune is in exactly the same position Blade Runner was, and they're right to trust him.

one made a capeshit movie and the other a horror movie, you need much more than that to do bond iirc

also, theyre agaisnt hiring americans. They turned down spielberg twice

>low-test cuck insults kino
>all that matters is money

I had always thougth only women don´t understand Blade Runner. Now i know that faggots as well.

no

nobody fucking cares about james bond btw

nobody

>daily MGTOW failure projection thread filled with affirmative action bitching, "women just don't get movies and also nice men which is why I'm alone" circlejerk

Great film discussion abound.

you're really adding to it fancy boy

fuck you

>it was an actually good film the fans of the original enjoyed
no and no
>Disney
seek help

Exactly
Fucking James Bond
just go away with your fancy car and watch that is also pen.

Reminder that this "critic" unironically thought Batman v Superman was a great movie.

>Heck

You fucking soyboys are such faggots

That's not true. Is this bait or are you just dishonest?

Contrarian detected.

i dont think beautiful disaster qualifies as praise
forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/03/22/review-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-is-a-beautiful-disaster/#1df363425d9a

Excellent post with well thought out and concise points which really helped persuade me. Keep up the good work and you might graduate from special ed, you sassy little passive aggressive bitchboy.

peak pedophile (probably kike) soyboy faggot

ITT: Soyboys attacking soyboys
Only numales enjoyed BR2049
>MUH ROBOT WAIFU
seek help

LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD

>Patty Jenkins or Jordan Peele
are these the only directors in the fucking world, get the fuck out.

Exactly.

It's a genuinely good fucking film, it was always going to be niche no matter if Kathryn Bigelow or whoever the fuck directed it and it isn't Villeneuve's fault that he asked for hundreds of millions in budget and the studio gave it to him without doing the market research as to whether that's a good investment.

I feel Robinson but a fuck load of other "professional" women have bought into the mindless consumerism meme and are using it as a metric to their status in life at a time when the world is heaving under the failures of economics without consideration of humanity.

Patty Jenkins is a legitimate great director. Probably better than Denis Plebivue. Monster is a masterpiece

jordan peele is working on like 4 projects right now thanks to the success of get out

Katheryn Bigelow too was successful this year, yet no offers at huge successful franchises, it might because she's not a hack that does franchises

Absolutely disgusting

>Nietzsche was one of the fags who started this downward trend into the shitter with his post modern mumbo jumbo in the first place.

she turned down spiderman at one point

and the director of selma turned down black panther

She wasn't the reason Monster was good. Her direction was actually rather mediocre. Charlize Theron carried the film on her back to greatness.

Yeah, but he also wrote a piece defending the way the movie handles Superman, which I think even people who like the movie can agree is a weakness.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH
>Make's a generic Capeshit flick
>It's amazing because vagina!
>Patty Jenkins deserves awards because she's a woman!

based roasties BTFOing capeshit. it is even beneath roasties

I don´t really understand why. Movie was really fucking boring, it wasn´t even deep kind of boring. The only good scene was the nigger sinking in his mind. Was that really enough to announce it as a succes ?

i agree that wonder woman was garbage(had to watch it on a recent flight) but monster was pretty good and it was her first full length film.

t. haven't read him

>the director of selma turned down black panther
Jesus what the fuck was the studio thinking, shows exactly what motivates them making a black panther movie, purely political

this is the path of capitalism, comrade.

These are the same retards that think garbage like Wonder Woman and Get Out are worthy of Best Picture nods.

>postmodern
>Nietzsche

You fags abuse the term "postmodern" like Sup Forums abuses "deconstruction."

How many times does one have to reiterate that a sequel, for a film made almost 40 years ago which was made from an intellectual property written 20 years before, should NOT have even been made in the first place.

You can't call it a "bomb" if it was never supposed to do well in the first place, it was a passion project that Alcon & Co. made for the shits.

But, what would a fucking movie critic and random dudes who have 0 clue about how the film industry even works, know about what Blade Runner really is?

without being racist or sexist why aren't they? They have critical approval and are all low grade popcorn flicks compared to actual contenders like Dunkirk and Three Billboards.

>read review
>they call movie "timely"
>mfw

Because they are simply average movies, the only reason they are rated as high as they are is because of the current political and social climate in this country.

Are you really that fucking stupid that you can't recognize such easy bait?

>What should be done to prevent it? These questions need answers.

reprogram minds. But the only way to do it is to physically remove communist/marxist "teachers" who still to this day, brainwashing the country. In every fucking universities (since the 60's) And not just america, Europe too.

He was right.
youtube.com/watch?v=R3nXvScRazg

BR2049 is an average movie which does nothing original. The only reason its highly rated is because of nostalgia and visuals.

i dont get that entire sentence

And yet Dunkirk is a top contender when it has nothing going for it except for visuals and sound?

Wonder Woman didn't piss over its own balls, but it's still generic action movie fluff. It'll never get nominated.

Get Out stands a decent chance. It's got clever symbolism and gets its message across competently and consistently, as well as being mostly unique. But it pales in comparison to a more resonating, emotionally-driven film like Moonlight. And there's some thick competition this year.

There's always going to be stupid people, user. Now you are simply able to see their stupid opinion more clearly.

Who the fuck is Scott Mendelson? Why should I give one shit about his opinion about anything?

Dunkirk at least has the time puzzle + war theme, its also a taut film that knows how to create tension and drama.

You're either 50+ or write like you are. Either way you haven't read Nietzsche but have arbitrarily decided to have a strong opinion on him.

Neither of these statements are true and you know it. Quit responding to bait with more bait.

She was the only new-ish black director with any real heat before Creed came along a little while later.

>turn dune into the next star wars
Fuck this, I’m out

it made like 50 times its budget and was a critical darling, in every way it was successful

>WAAH MY OPINIONS ARE SUBJECTIVE AND YOURS AREN'T
okay soyboy

Nope
The actor only shines because of the director,
OP was correct ti a well directed movie

>Oh boy, someone makes a logical point
Blade Runner 2049 is a critical darling and a cult favorite despite it's low box office. Villineveau has a proven track record. And are you fucking KIDDING me with Dune = Star Wars?

>is because of nostalgia and visuals.
>and visuals
>visuals

Tone and Visuals. Oh, you mean THE SHIT A DIRECTOR IS ACTUALLY IN CHARGE OF? Do you think the director WRITES THA SCREEEENPLAAAYYY?

"The next Star Wars". Fucking figures that just- turn-your-brain-off Disney whoring is the next SJW talking-point.

are you new here?

>Wonder Woman
Standards for Oscar sure are particularly high this year.

>turn Dune into the next Star Wars
Dune doesn't work like that tho.

Please elaborate on why Dunkirk and/or BR2049 are terrible.

Literally every film he's directed is better than Monster

Kino 2049 is fine but Dunkirk is basically Fast & Furious: WW2 with less steroid black guys.

Dunkirk was fine and it was a tightly woven story that was interesting in execution

Blade Runner is also fine but average and did nothing original or expanded on any ideas from the original movie.

No one said BR was terrible in any of the tweets, but why should someone who failed commercially and failed at getting any prestige get offered huge chances like Bond and Dune with huge budgets despite bad track records over people like Jordan Peele or Patty Jenkins who were much more successful commercially and prestige wise.

This senpai

>failed at getting any prestige
>gets offered Bond and Dune

again thats the whole argument of white priveledge, if a POC or women would have failed that badly, they would be blacklisted

Because Peele directed a horror comedy, and Jenkins directed fucking Wonder Woman? These are different genres.

>inb4 monster
Monster was 15 fucking years ago Senpai

[citation needed]

Because who gives a fuck about how much money a movie makes if it's beautiful?

was sicario a failure? was prisoners a failure?
was jordan peeles direction really the reason for get out's success?
was patty jenkins direction really the reason some genetic capeshit mess was financially succesful?

People who aren't producers in the film industry who give a flying fuck about how much a particular movie grosses need to be shot. Why the fuck does this guy care whether or not the Dune rights holders are making a good business decision?

You keep talking about financial and critical success like that means anything in the current MSM where most people will swallow any shit the tv tells them.

go see people like john singleton or mary harron

Villeneuve is more acclaimed than these 2 hacks combined, are you retaded?