Why didn't they just follow this storyline for Justice League? It would've been way more interesting

Why didn't they just follow this storyline for Justice League? It would've been way more interesting.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ED2r7K6hVv4
youtube.com/watch?v=rKRmMQaLZz8
rottentomatoes.com/m/justice_league_war/
imdb.com/title/tt3060952/
rottentomatoes.com/m/justice_league_2017/
imdb.com/title/tt0974015/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because then there wouldn't be any room for any quips.

What happened here anyway?

It’s this garbage tier story telling that is causing dceu to suck and you want more.

Nah, it's been done in the cartoons already, that shit would have been boring honestly, we already had BvS fight, the JL fight with Superman is cool because it's a bit unexpected.

WB is reactionary and changes their plans every other week. They probably already forgot this was in the movie and it will likely never be brought up again.

>Injustice timeline + Final Crisis

I dunno dude that would have been pretty messy

damn I can't believe how good that movie looked

>>It’s this garbage tier story telling that is causing dceu to suck and you want more.

from a technical point of view, bvs is good: visuals, soundtrack, plotting, motivation, and pacing. THe fact that you didn't like batman using guns doesn't mean "garbage story telling". I would guess you don't know the first thing about story telling

I always assumed it was Superman getting resurrected as a bad guy for a bit & Darkseid taking over some of the planet. With the team getting their asses kicked until getting Superman back.

I think that was the original idea more or less for JL 1 and 2, but that's obviously canned now.

good

injustice is a mediocre game at best but the story would be kinda interesting if it were a movie

it would be even better if DC wasn't involved beyond the characters

good
this guy knows whats up

>Supes wakes up, goes rogue on the Leauge
>Batman remembers his dream
>louis comes to calm him down
>knightmare averted

That frown looks ridiculous

Basically a convenient way to get out of it for more quips & make another brainless capeshit.

Still doesn't explain the Flash travelling back to warn Bruce "You were right about him. Fear him!" The papers were still flying around when he "woke up" so it wasn't a dream.

it would be too dark for normies

Only way i could see it work is if Darkseid used the Anti-life Equation to control Superman, and the movie would be about hope rising above despair

Not even that. He could've woken up confused & hostile like they already had in JL but have Lois die pushing him over the edge. He basically already alluded to that in the Knightmare.

it would've created a good divide if DC followed through with their dark storytelling. they tried to emulate marvel quipping and didn't commit fully and ended up sucking even more. a lot of manchidlren want to watch darker capeshit and would pay for it. leave marvel to their quipfaggotry but WB got weak knees and gave in

alternate timeline.
Superman comes back, teams up with darkseid to take over the earth.
Flash goes back in time to warn bruce in a hope to change the future.

this is headcanon, but nothing in the movie disputes this

Knightmare was the worst part of Batman vs Superman.

If you want to do a post-apocalypse story with your characters, you should probably hint or build to the apocalypse first. Because just throwing everyone into the apocalypse in media res where characters are acting completely crazy for no reason is just fucking confusing.

That's the problem with DC. They can't wait. So they take The Dark Knight Returns, the Death of Superman, and whatever DC apocalypse Steppenwolf story, and mix the fuck out of them into one unholy abomination.

It's screen writing 101. You have to establish shit first.

the nightmare scene from BvS includes a line where Superman says "she was everything to me and you took her from me" which probably means Batman had something to do with Lois' death, thus leading Superman to go against Batman.

the nightmare doesn't really make sense if you frame it inside the JL "bring superman back and he goes crazy until he sees Lois again" plot point.

anyway, none of this fucking matters because (1) it's fiction that can be changed arbitrarily without any logical reason and (2) storylines are changed too often by big studio execs so its all meaningless by now.

also, Flash "traveling back in time" to warn Batman about how it's right to "fear him" could be either him actually traveling back in time from an alternate timeline when Superman does in fact go towards Evil. Or, it could also still be a dream for Bruce.

Since it's all vague and based on shitty jewstory-telling, none of this matters and any of you paying up to see this shit in theaters are just dumb goys.

P.S. I only know about JL stuff because i read it here and saw the webms you posted it. it all looks like excessive CGI garbage.

Lastly, I disagree that BvS had good story. It had a shit story due to the way Luthor is portrayed. They should have clearly stated the better motivation for Batman to fear Superman, which is quite obvious: Superman could be controlled and forced to go rogue, like if someone kidnaped Martha or Lois and forced him to do evil, or if Darkseid used mindcontrol on him. Two very real possibilities, one of which actually happens.

The fact that Superman is (1) all-powerful and (2) a faggot who has human-emotions and loves Lois and his mom...makes him a huge liability. The story would have been much better if they clearly stated that via dialogue. Instead they waste dialogue on some crippled guy, and fake hatemail letters...and Batman chasing "the white portugese"....all empty fluff and time-filler.

Fuck Snyder, fuck DC/Marvel/jews

>They have guns but choose to go melee and wait for batman to smack them
everytime

Battfleck was so good in BvS. then he just sleepwalks through JUST League

alternative time lines an sheeet

Why do the locust men and police join forces at the end?

One more thing: in BvS, and throughout all of Batman, it is known that Bruce/Batman has genius-level intellect and he's also known as "the world's greatest detective". But somehow he doesn't know Clark/Superman's biggest weakness, aside from kryptonite, is his love for Lois and his mom? Despite his genius-level intellect, and being portrayed as this veteran crime fighter, he gets outsmarted by a zuckerberg-style Luthor? wtf.

Holy shit. How stupid was all that. So basically 2/3 of BvS is filler scenes of Batman trying to track down this mysterious arms dealer, to get the kryptonite meteor, to use it against Superman...without a clear motivation to actually subdue or kill Superman...and despite all possible indications that Superman is really a good guy since he took down Zod and actually chose to kill his own Kryptonian people in order to side with, and save, humans. So by then it should be clear his allegiance is 100% towards humans.

And yet we get this fabricated, weak story of Batman suddenly wanting to get kryptonite to harm Superman...heh, and some of you still try to defend Snyder as this great director/storyteller. He's shit, and all hollywood movies now are shit because they don't care about making well-thought-out films anymore. It's all about tricking goyim into paying $$$shekels to see the latest capeshit for temporary 2 hours of entertainment on the weekends.

>what is basic firearm safety

>What is aim and shoot

No, that would have been stupid too. I prefer this sequence to be a dream based on Batmans fear and paranoia regarding Superman, not an actual vision of the future.

If there's anything I can give Justice League credit for it's at least not ruining BvS retroactively.

I 100% AGREE

Best parts of BvS
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ED2r7K6hVv4

Wait, I thought this was the whole reason he assembled the JL. What's all this "something big coming" that he talks about then?

Hes referring to Darkseid who didnt even make an appearance in JL... wtf

>good soundtrack, plotting, motivation, and pacing

There wasn't a single memorable score in that film; the plot was incredibly contrived and convoluted; no one had a clear motivation in the film, not even Lex Luthor; the pacing was so off it even made action scenes start to feel tedious.

Affleck's Batman was a 10/10 leading up to SAVE MARTHA

WB doesn't even know what it wants anymore.
They could have taken this series into any direction depending on what they were going for, but instead they decided to stay exactly where they are.

I mean its the god damn justice league, it should be an important event, and all that happens is a few heroes learn about teamwork and send the Evil man away from earth like in every movie.
Its just annoying, especially since now they decided to do more solo movies on characters no one gave a shit about. In theory this should make people more excited for the next justice league, but its really disappointing.
At least with the Avengers movies things actually happen that change how the characters act. This is just "DUDE LET'S BE HEROES".

I've been shitting on this movie all week just to piss off people, but honestly BvS wasn't that bad, the visuals/music/and set pieces were one of the best I've ever seen. The plot was a bit shaky, but I liked batman and superman. I think Snyder knew what he had to fix for justice league to work and I honestly think he was on the right track. I have no fucking idea as to why tsujihara wanted a shorter film. This is the one time where a DCU movie could have benefited from a long asa runtime, set up the new characters in a way so we can actually care about them. All the backstory and major scenes were cut, I would like to be able to watch the WB/Whedon cut back to back with snyders original cut and score. I think people would actually be on snyders side. I'd rather have consistency and continuity, over an unorganized watered down mess

Batfleck was great when taken out of the film's context, hell even Wonder Gadot had an awesome "reveal". But I shouldn't have to separate the characters from the film to find a few good things. BvS should have been a better movie all around.

youtube.com/watch?v=rKRmMQaLZz8
>11:20
>post yfw

They could touch on it with Flashpoint if it gets made

Justice League:War runtime is 79 minutes, and garnered a 50% on Rotten Tomatoes, detailing the Apokolyptian invasion on Earth and the formation of the Justice League

Justice League:War had a budget estimated to be 3.5 million USD

rottentomatoes.com/m/justice_league_war/
imdb.com/title/tt3060952/

Justice Leage (2017) a Live Action capeshit directed by Hack Synder, has a runtime of 120 minutes and garnered a 39% on Rotten Tomatoes, detailing the Apokolyptian invasion on Earth and the formation of the Justice League

Justice League (2017) had a budget estimated to be 300 million USD

rottentomatoes.com/m/justice_league_2017/
imdb.com/title/tt0974015/

He looks like a total bro here.

>thinks that shit was good

nigga open your eyes

The exact opposite of what Marvel did to their cinematic universe. They built up the universe with every single movie for each pivotal hero to star in the hinted-at crossover movie. From how it looks now, DC seemingly wants to mimic Marvel to the point of reshooting for quips (e.g. Suicide Squad).

Zack is a bro. He always joked with the cast during the behind the scenes, got in the Batmobile and pretended to be blowing shit up while making explosive sounds.

He's a real down to earth guy as all actors have said how much they enjoyed working with him.

I honestly thought he was faking it and that the "crying" would turn into a laugh. I understand if someone likes the movie but you have got to be missing a few neurons if you're going to praise the Martha Name scene as something deep and emotional. As a plot device to stop Superman and Batman fighting, it felt very weak because of how flimsy the reasoning. Merely on the basis that your enemy's mother has the same name as your own, that completely humanizes them in your eyes and causes you to see the error of your ways. My suspension of disbelief was destroyed when I saw that in the theater.

Are you sure this isn't just supposed to be the timeline where he doesn't get a team together?

Let's not forget that Batman says to Superman "Your parents probably told u bla bla" 2 mins before he raised the spear up so Batman imagined Superman with parents already..

I can't see why this stuff won't still happen, in a 'then gets reset with time travel' way. The Omega symbol showed it's Darkseid stuff, which is supposedly still to come, and Supes working for him could be due to Anti-Life Equation or something. However, that would make it a dumb choice to have already put a Supes vs League fight in this movie.

I always thought it was meant to come after the Steppenwolf stuff, which was forshadowed in a deleted scene in BvS.

>Batman mowing down people with a G36 and 1911
Ah yes I can't see why anybody would have an issue with this.

>and whatever DC apocalypse Steppenwolf story
I don't think there even is one. Final Crisis has a New Gods mind control takeover of Earth story, but without the New Gods properly appearing, and not even a mention of Steppenwolf that I can remember.

There's a damn good chance they're still following it. I'm pretty sure Supes is possessed, whether he's aware of it or not.

if you don't think Affleck as Batman was the best part of BvS, then never post on my board again

>Bodies around the city start showing up
>These are all people Superman has saved
>Superman isnt aware that he kills everyone he saves
>It turns out after he was revived, Darkseid is controlling Superman and turning all good he does into evil
Imagine them making this. Of course it would never be done because all the autist fans will cry that this isnt Superman but just imagine an R Rated evil Superman

Almost a guarantee that won't happen now. JL overall will prob bomb, and no more Zack to bring any grand vision together.

They did the same thing that was done with Prometheus & Covenant. Make some bold & interesting ideas initially, some critics hate it, fall back on tried & true boring crowd pleasers due to studios getting cold feet, does worse, kills the franchise & original vision.

Prometheus' first act is a masterpiece. FACT!!!!

Covenant is a piece of shit

DELETE THIS

You can't do these elseworld stories at the beginning of your franchise, you can do them 7 movies in when you have already established your character.

Doing it directly after BvS would mean Batfleck was right all along and should have killed superman with the spear.

>Doing it directly after BvS would mean Batfleck was right all along and should have killed superman with the spear.
EXACTLY! Bruce returns to his dark self also controlled by Darkseid

Jew meddling is gonna be the death of this stuff. Why can't they just front the money & leave the fucking directors to do their jobs?

A corn kernel is the best thing in a piece of shit, but don't serve it up to me like I should be impressed

Hew moves like frankenstein's monster with a crook back

>A boring Alien chase movie was made over a comfy Alien exploration movie
I am glad it bombed because I wanted to walk out of the cinema with how cliche it was

everything you said is wrong, idiot

>When the alien tail came into a cliche shower scene

I'm convinced Scott crashed this franchise w no survivors on purpose

It's alternate timeline/nightmare bats. Actually one of the few things in BvS presented well.

That entire sequence was some of the best in all of big budget capeshit. FACT.

>plotting, motivation, and pacing

Those were the worst parts of BVS by far.

Too kino for human eyes.

Justice League is so terrible it makes BvS look good by comparison.

Wait they didn't? What the fuck was it about then?

If Lois dies, Superman goes full retard.

I have a feeling it's going to be tied into him embracing the godhood mankind is now completely ready to offer up to him on a silver platter.

>No, no. Don't worry about a thing. The smiling man in the sky has come to solve all our problems. First you will praise him, and if you praise him, is worship really so much to ask? He is our savior, after all. Who wouldn't leap at the chance to kneel before our god-king?

It's been obvious for a long time in a sense that DC wanted the Marvel shortcut experience until they realized it's just not working and you actually need multiple movies to accomplish it.

You retards are completely blind, aren't you? Tell me the story of the MCU. You've got characters, well really just different permutations of the *same* character, since everyone but Cap is essentially a Tony clone, but you have no lore, no overarching narrative, no story.

Don't think about it too much. Snyder's Batman still refuses to kill Joker, but he's perfectly willing to kill Superman.

It was according to early reports & JL was supposed to be a two parter. After defeating Steppenwolf, Darkseid comes down & fucks shit up royally, Lois dies, Supes goes nuts/gets corrupted in some way & the Knightmare "fear him" premonition comes true. Making Bruce realize he should've killed him when he had the chance, but way earlier & none of this would be happening.

I doubt any of that will happen now. Its clear they're taking it in another direction, if they even make any more after this turd.

He already killed the Joker.

>but he's perfectly willing to kill Superman.
And dozens of other random mooks

How else would they take him alive? Idiot.

While I do not like Batman V Superman I thought that dream sequence should have been the entire movie. It would require a shitload of creativity and cinematic know how to force you head first into an apocalyptic battle with insane visuals. But we can't have fun shit like that, you know, movies that are like the best comic books.

Imagine the kind of brainlet you have to be to find a nightmare/premonition scene confusing.

>b-b-but you have to build it up or else i can't understand what's going on
"No!"

Zack probably made a grand outline on how he wanted the story to progress, one event leading to the next (this is pretty evident in MOS and BvS, less so in JL). He wouldn't have put the Knightmare scene in it if it didn't mean anything for future installments. That's how he rolls.

Sad because he'll prob never do another one now.

>it's a nightmare
>but at the same time it's Flash from the future

So which is it?

>I honestly thought he was faking it
of course he is faking it

>Zack probably made a grand outline on how he wanted the story to progress, one event leading to the next (this is pretty evident in MOS and BvS, less so in JL).

not true btw.

they just made up shit as they go along

The serious stuff is more appealing in DC.

There are a lot of good things in Batman Vs Superman and Man of Steel.
Some of that stuff blows the fuck out of all of Marvel's 8/10 shit. Look at that Batman warehouse fight scene.

Then they go and make Justice League.
I guess obvious 2007 tier family guy/dorkly-tier quips are funny or something.

Two different events.

This. The premonition was triggered by the visitation.

At the same time?

Well that's some really convenient timing

And?

entire movie is a string of coincidences.
but that is the one you draw the line at?

Having a premonition at the same time that you receive a warning from the future is superfluous and consequently shit writing

I don't believe that. Not with him anyway. The studio maybe.

Why?

the original plan was to make mos 2 after mos but they already scrapped that after the complaints for the first mos.
than zack is completely ok with ben affleck getting his best buddy rewrite the bvs script.

so there goes you idea of zack snyder having some big vision for his universe.

If you don't understand why two narrative elements that serve the exact same purpose happening back to back is superfluous then I can't help you.

This is the equivalent of a character finding out they have cancer and 6 months to live then at the exact same time having a big reveal that he also has AIDS and 6 months to live.

>Assuming the studio Jews who front the money for these endeavors didn't make these decisions

>This is the equivalent of a character finding out they have cancer and 6 months to live then at the exact same time having a big reveal that he also has AIDS and 6 months to live.

Sounds like a retarded analogy to me :^)